Trekking is said, and most of us associate this word with long walks in nature. It does not matter if it is a soft turf or an impervious mountain path. When it comes to hiking shoes, however, things get more complicated.
We go from models suitable for a simple walk to boots equipped to mount ice crampons. In this small selection, we have explored trekking and other more versatile footwear exclusively.
For all types, we have sought solutions suitable for both a man and a woman. Here we will be listing the top 11 best Coleman hiking boots.
- Performance suede leather and mesh upper
- Bellows, closed-cell foam tongue keeps moisture and debris out
- Protective rubber toe cap
- Breathable mesh lining. 5mm lug depth
- Vibram TC5-plus sole
- Ankle-high hiking boot with waterproof suede and mesh upper
- Ghillie-style lacing with rustproof hardware
- Multi-directional traction MDT rubber outsole
- Comfort Plus compression-resistant contoured sockliner
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: Columbia Men's Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot features our lightweight, durable midsole for long...
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this boot's waterproof full-grain leather...
- ADJUSTABLE FEATURES: The Newton Ridge Plus II Waterproof Hiking Boot features a lace-up closure for an adjustable, secure fit.
- VERSATILE STYLE: This men's waterproof hiking boot delivers style and durability with its contrasting color combinations and soft...
- OMNI-GRIP: This multi-terrain traction system matches specially formulated compounds and treads to specific environments. A...
- Waterproof - constructed of a water-resistant upper and waterproof membrane
- Mesh Lining - Improves breathability to help keep your feet fresh whilst out and about
- Memory foam
- Relaxed Fit
- Comfortableness: NORTIV 8 Men's Waterproof Hiking Boots certainly delivers on all-day comfort! Removable and shock-absorbent...
- Lightweight and Flexible EVA midsoles: reduce foot fatigue. They are designed for long-lasting comfort, superior cushioning, and...
- Non-slip & Durable: High-quality rubber soles are fully slip-proof and feature advanced traction for firm stability on challenging...
- Perfect for Outdoors: Designed for both daily work and outdoor activities like hiking, hunting, camping, climbing, cycling,...
- What You Get: Nortiv 8 aims at providing high-quality outdoor shoes.
- Waterproof hiking boot featuring thick padded collar and secure lace-up vamp with metal ghillie and speed-lace hardware
- Easy-on loop at back
- Removable molded insole
- Cushioned EVA midsole. Lightweight
- Steel shank for support and stability
- ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY: The Newton Ridge Plus Waterproof Amped Hiking Boot features a seam-sealed construction, combined with our...
- DURABLE HIKING BOOT: This women's boot is inspired by classic mountaineering style. A durable mid cut waterproof hiker that...
- ALL TERRAIN TRACTION: Our signature Omni-GRIP non-marking traction rubber outsole provides high grip across a wide variety of...
- HANDY FEATURES: Treacherous days out on the trail are comfortable and worry-free with this hiking boot's waterproof combination of...
- REINFORCED TOE AND HEEL CONSTRUCTION: Designed for extended years of use, we’ve reinforced the toe and heel barriers, and...
- Excellent Comfort: Nortiv 8 women's waterproof hiking boots use our lightweight, durable midsole, and advanced traction rubber...
- Combinations: This boot uses suede leather and suede ankle boots structure, and its durable mesh tongue provides breathability,...
- Feminine Style: These women's waterproof hiking boots are fashionable, durable, and use a series of contrasting color combinations...
- Advanced Traction: This hiking boot uses excellent technology to provide the ultimate traction and grip in any environment of your...
- What you get: Nortiv 8 aims at providing high-quality outdoor shoes.
- 【COMFORTABLE PORON XRD INSOLE TO RELIEVE FATIGUE】 ROCKROOSTER’s unique element brand: COMFORT MEMO. Contoured arch support...
- 【ULTIMATE SHOCK ABSORPTION TECHNOLOGY】A piece of elastic material is attached to the heel of the shoe, which is used in...
- 【HYDROGUARD WATERPROOF MEMBRANE】The soft mesh design helps air circulation inside the shoe. Lining made of HYDROGUARD advanced...
- 【NON-SLIP GOODYEAR RUBBER OUTSOLE】The bottom rubber of our hiking boots is supplied by Goodyear, the world's leading tire...
- 【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE】30 days worry-free money back, a defect occurs in a RockRooster branded footwear product as the...
- Waterproof & protection: Men hiking boots features waterproof suede leather and waterproof membrane construction that keeps your...
- Durable & slip resistant: The upper use soft suede leather material is comfortable and durable. The sick rubber outsole is more...
- Flexible & comfortable: Removable flexible insole offers arch support and brings all-day comfort. Flexible MD midsole reduces foot...
- Perfect for outdoor & indoor: Designed for both daily life and outdoor sports like hiking, hunting, camping, climbing, cycling,...
- What you get: Nortiv 8 aims at providing high-quality outdoor shoes.
Best Coleman Hiking Boots Buying Guide
The sportswear industry produces increasingly sophisticated and specialized products, designed to provide the best performance in precise geographical and meteorological conditions.
Before deciding which trekking shoe to buy, it is necessary to be clear what tasks it will be destined for: high mountains, simple walks, demanding excursions, long walks.
Hiking, Trekking or Mountain?
Shoes are increasingly technological products, but the right technology must be chosen. The outdoor activity requires some caution, especially with regards to stability, elasticity, and our pace. These cautions change according to how intense and adventurous our business is.
The word Hike will remind those who made the scout of a feared and arduous hike in the mountains. The amphibians softened with seal fat are prehistory: hiking, today, means not too demanding hiking, to which to combine fairly light, relatively simple and practical shoes, but not less reliable.
It is a type of shoe that also adapts to country contexts, or specific urban needs. For an average functional product, the price can drop below 60 euros, but also close to 200. Many models are married to both men and women.
The upper must be soft and possibly waterproof, even if perfect waterproofing is not essential. The sole must be resistant and flexible, with a tread able to provide grip even on rough terrain, without reducing too much sensitivity.
Under the English definition “mountain”, which simply means “mountain”, there are shoes made with a superior technique.
Prices go up, but also the needs of the wearer: ice, snow, rain, these models must be literally ready for anything. It is not a question of taking walks, but small businesses, in which the need to tackle some short stretch in which to climb is not excluded.
Not surprisingly, some of the champion shoes in this category are designed to hook crampons if necessary. All models wrap around the ankle and the more sophisticated have a multi-layer upper, to guarantee total waterproofing, made more impenetrable by a zip closure system.
The material that relies most on keeping your feet dry is gore-Tex, often abbreviated as gtx. The sole must be particularly resistant, without making the foot too heavy.
The trekking shoes, properly so, are characterized by a remarkable versatility. The wearer must be comfortable on different types of terrain, and possibly not be afraid of water.
It is important that the midsole is able to cushion potentially traumatic impacts, which is why Eva is one of the most adopted materials. The sole, on the other hand, cannot ignore an aggressive grip, and a robust rubber.
In this field there are many patents created by specialized companies or by the best known shoe manufacturers.
An example is Vibram, to which we owe the classic “tank”, or the Contagrip, created by Salomon by mixing different types of rubber.
Then there is the CMP product, FullOn grip, based on a mixture of tires that should reach the right compromise between traction capacity, strength, and flexibility.
Lacing is also the subject of particular attention. Next to the traditional fastening system, there are often self-locking eyelets and hooks, which weld the shoe to the foot, to keep the ankle well bandaged.
The best-selling products are generally on the market with models for men and women, identical in technical quality, but different in fit and size.
Short excursus: don’t you know where to put all your shoes? Then you need a good shoe organizer!
Right “old” boot … but in this case of old, there is very little. The Salomon trekking shoe occupies the first position under its numerous technical qualities and a price which, although demanding in absolute terms (sold online for around 150 euros), is in line with the market and with the services offered.
The upper is in suede and water-repellent fabric, to which is added a Gore-Tex membrane to guarantee efficient waterproofing.
If you scroll through the buying tips, it’s hard to find any complaints. The opinion of users and professionals converge on one point: the shoe gives great comfort even after kilometers of walking.
A result obtained above all thanks to the quality of the midsole, made of Eva modeled with Advanced Chassis technology.
It is an advanced construction system, which in this version allows guaranteeing stability and protection on rough terrain, but also a reasonable degree of propulsion.
The midsole also benefits from the EnergyCell system, in polyurethane foam, which has the characteristic of cushioning the stride and restoring energy.
A Real Sole
The sole is always a fundamental element, and if you wonder how to choose a right trekking shoe, an efficient bottom is a good starting point.
The Salomon model can count on the exclusive Contagrip patent, a fierce competitor of the Vibram brand.
The advantage of this product lies in the so-called compound, i.e., the mixing of various types of rubber, distributed differently according to the different stresses to which the soles of the feet are subjected.
In the areas, most subject to wear, such as the edges of the soles, more resistant compounds are found. The whole central part, on the other hand, is made up of a more flexible quality.
Another characteristic element is geometry: with this term, we identify the shape and depth of the grooves and sculptures.
It is an essential element for trekking shoes that need sufficient grip on different types of terrain and must prove stable even on slippery paths.
There is no “universal” grip, perfect for all circumstances, but this model is reliable on gravel, stones, and even snow. Some reviews recommend more caution on ice and, in general, on slippery paths.
Often underestimated, the lacing system also has some relevance to this type of shoe. In this case, it is a traditional eyelet lacing to which the laces are added.
The eyelet closure is placed between the forefoot and the eyelets on the ankle to lock the strings in the right position and allow precise and independent adjustment.
The possibility of varying the pressure of the laces on foot is useful to adapt the shoe to its ends better and to loosen and tighten as needed, for example, when facing a long and demanding descent or an impervious ascent.
But perfect closure also means protection from residues, dust, stones, water, and ice.
This is the main task of the tongue, which in this case, is joined to the upper on both sides, to remain centered and hinder any debris.