The changing bag, also called a diaper bag, is a convenient accessory that is ideal in all those situations that take us away from home with a newborn baby. Probably if you are looking for one, you already know how many things you need to carry around to change your little one, so having a single container with everything you need is beneficial.
Changing bags end up becoming ideal accessories for parents, as they allow you to carry everything your baby needs comfortably. There are diaper bags of different types and shapes. Don’t you know them yet? Read on, because we will tell you everything you need to know about it!
Right here, we had selected some of the best Eddie Bauer diaper bags you can choose, which meets your needs.
Eddie Bauer Diaper Bags Buying Guide
There Are Still Many People Who Consider Bulky and Complex Diaper Bags and End up Being Uncomfortable. However, These Walking Bags Have Been Modernized to Become an Indispensable Accessory for Parents. For Those Who Still Have Doubts, We Will Answer the Most Frequently Asked Questions About It.
What Is a Changing Bag and What Are Its Advantages?
A changing bag is a container of fabric in general that can be in the shape of a bag (in fact) or a backpack. Inside you can keep everything your baby needs when we are out of the house, such as bottles, diapers, pacifiers, spare clothes, and some toys. The reason why all families have one is because of the number of benefits they have. Take note!
- Allows You to Carry the Baby Layette
- There Is a Large Variety of Models
- They Have Internal Compartments for Organizing Objects
- Great Resistance and Durability
- Ideal Both for Traveling and For Walking Every Day
- They Can Be Heavy
- Some Sophisticated Models Are Expensive
As we have seen, the disadvantages of having a changing bag are almost non-existent and depend more on our tastes and the use we make of them. On the other hand, the advantages are numerous and essential in our daily life with the child. The main one is always to have what is needed for our child at hand.
How Many Types of Changing Bag Can I Find?
We have already mentioned the great variety of changing bag types and models that exist today. And let’s not exaggerate, since these walking bags have evolved from the more traditional to some that could go for a fashionable bag.
Below, the five main types are listed, among which, you will meet different models:
- Traditional diaper holder: the one of all life. Normally they are smooth or have small childish designs printed on them. They have various compartments and are made of an easy-to-clean plastic material.
- Trendy nappy bags: they have a chic and modern design and there are also some fashion brands such as Gucci, Carolina Herrera, or Burberry. They are ideal for fashion lovers, as they combine the practicality of a diaper holder with the sophistication of a trendy bag.
- Nappy backpacks: without a doubt, the most comfortable for the back. The backpack-shaped design allows you to wear it on the shoulders, and better distribute the weight. They are very spacious and have differentiated compartments to keep everything organized.
- Multifunctional diaper holders: larger, yet practical for carrying a built-in changing table. Some may even become a small baby gym.
- Eco-friendly diaper holders: yes, that’s right. They are ideal for families who want to take care of the environment. These are made of biodegradable and chemical-free canvas.
All of these types can be equally useful and practical under the circumstances. The important thing is to choose a changing bag that suits our needs and satisfies them. We must be aware of the fact that it is an accessory that we will use for a long time and it is, therefore, essential that it is comfortable.
What Should I Keep in Mind when I Prepare the Changing Bag?
As we have just said, the organization of the changing bag is very important to carry everything you need without weighing it down. The ideal is to keep in mind some important factors that will help us decide what to bring and what not to bring based on the situation. Get a pen and paper, let’s get started!
- Plastic bags to prevent spills: many times, even after checking that the bottle and the cream packet are tightly closed, they can open with the movement of the bag. by putting them in separate plastic bags, we will prevent them from staining other things.
- Containers for organizing the bag: for example, for changing the child. If we put everything, we need to change the child once in a bag when we go to change it everything will be ready to use making the task easier.
- Please pay attention to the weather: depending on where we go and how long it will take, we will have to add sunscreen or heavier clothing.
- Age: a three-month-old does not need the same things as a one-year-old.
- Keep your things separate: if you use the diaper holder as a personal bag, your phone or wallet must be in a separate compartment. This will make it easy for you to take them and you won’t have to search for them among all your baby’s things.
These are five very simple but fundamental tips for the correct use of a changing bag. if you get used to following this routine, you will not forget anything important and you will always have everything you need during your walk at your fingertips and in an organized way.
Can the Changing Bag Be Machine Washed?
Although it depends on the specific model of the changing bag, the majority can be safely washed in the washing machine. To avoid damaging the bag it is important to pay attention and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
However, although it is advisable to wash the bag deeply once a month, it should be cleaned every day. to facilitate the task, they are usually produced in fabrics or materials that are easy to clean already with a wet wipe.
It is important to keep the changing bag in the best possible hygienic conditions since what it contains goes into direct contact with the baby. Make sure to remove any stains before they dry out and become more difficult to remove.
What Is the Ideal Changing Bag?
We always look for the best, especially when it comes to products for our baby. The changing bag, although used more by parents than directly by the child, is not an exception. Below, you will find a description of the ideal changing bag, so you can choose the best one when you have to compare different models.
- Practical and comfortable to use.
- Various well organized compartments.
- It has enough space to hold everything you need.
- Not too bulky.
- Made of a durable and resistant material
- Easy to clean daily with a wet towel.
- It can be machine washed for deeper cleaning.
- It adapts to my lifestyle, and I can use it for my activities.
- I love the design, and I feel comfortable wearing it.
We don’t ask too much, right? Only ten basic and very simple features that will make the diaper holder our best ally outside the home. There is a multitude of different models, so it will not be difficult to find one that meets most of these points.
Are There Any Accessories for The Diaper Bag?
As with almost everything nowadays, accessories sold separately can also be added to a diaper bag. the three most popular and universal, which can be used with most bags, are the hooks for the stroller, the separators, and an external case.
The hooks allow us to hang the diaper bag on the stroller so that it is not uncomfortable to carry. They are sold according to the size of the pushchair handles. While, both the internal separators and the external case serve to keep everything in order.
Up to What Age Is the Diaper Bag Used?
Although it may surprise us, the diaper bag is a child item that can be used for a long period. It is increasingly normal to see mothers take them to the hospital at the time of delivery to have everything necessary for the baby’s first days.
The period in which most is used is the first three or four years until the child needs to be changed or eat often. But for sure it can also be used for the following years as a travel bag. for this, the material must be durable and resistant.