A room spray is much more than it seems. If in fact, the scents bring to mind happy and intense moments of your life – like the smell of the grass reminds you of the summer of your childhood or a certain aroma makes you think of your mother in the kitchen – a room scent will have the power to make remember your home to everyone who will come to see you.
Many people use a particular perfume so that you can remember them. At home, you could use an air freshener to become your distinctive brand. There is an infinite number of options, you have to choose the one that best suits the personality of your home and its rooms.
Right below we had listed out the best room sprays with different flavors.
- Doesn't just mask, cleans away odors with OdorClear Technology
- Febreze AIR (also know as Febreze Air Effects) cleans away odors and freshens with a light, fresh scent that's never overpowering
- Use Febreze AIR in entryways, bathrooms, laundry rooms, closets, or any room
- The familiar freshness of Gain comes to life throughout your home in a light, airy scent
- 100% natural propellant is safe to use around cats and dogs but, as with other air care products, do not use around birds
- Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Lemon Verbena air freshener spray is made with essential oils and other thoughtfully chosen ingredients,...
- Delivered in a non-aerosol spray to quickly freshen any room
- Mrs. Meyer's products are made with cruelty-free formulas and are Leaping Bunny certified
- Garden-inspired Lemon Verbena has a mild citrus air freshening scent that is light and refreshing
- Mrs. Meyer's air freshener for home has thoughtfully chosen ingredients and is made without propellants, phthalates, parabens, or...
- Fragrance Life of 300 sprays per can, 1.5 Ounce each
- Clean Cotton: Sun-dried cotton combined with green notes, white flowers and a hint of lemon.
- Lemon Lavender: Clean and inviting … a powdery fresh blend of tangy lemon citrus and sweet lavender flowers.
- MidSummer's Night: An intoxicating and masculine blend of musk, patchouli, sage and mahogany cologne.
- MUSE BATH - Muse Bath Apothecary Room Ritual Mist is a luxurious aromatherapy relaxing mist that refreshes your space with an...
- ROOM RITUAL - This soothing mist can be misted in your home to impart the therapeutic aromas of lavender. The room ritual mist...
- NATURAL INGREDIENTS - Use the power of nature to nurture your everyday well-being. Our plant-based formula is infused with Aloe,...
- MADE IN USA - Organic + Vegan, Plant-based formula, safe, and highly effective. Cruelty-Free, Leaping Bunny Certified. Free from...
- A SPECIAL GIFT - Our premium Muse Bath Room Ritual is a perfect gift choice for yourself or a loved one, sure to be used and...
- LINEN AND LIVING ROOM SPRAY: 3.4-fluid ounce bottle of room freshener spray instantly fills the air with enchantment
- FLORAL AND ENCHANTING: White florals with an abundance of lush green notes and hints of sparkling citrus
- LONG-LASTING ELEGANCE: Delivers approximately 1000 sprays per bottle
- CRUELTY FREE: This richly scented linen spray is vegan and made in the USA without animal testing
- NEST NEW YORK: Where mood is elevated and scent is celebrated
- Macintosh: So vividly real you can almost taste the unmistakable crunch of that first bite of apple
- Spray twice to fill a room
- Hours of true-to-life fragrance in small spaces
- Up to 300 sprays per canister
- The fastest way to add Yankee Candle fragrance to a room
- fights lingering air odors with up to 2X the scent power (stronger fragrance intensity after 3 hours vs. base Febreze)
- Boldly freshens with an irresistible scent you can't sniff enough of and 2X the scent power (with more fragrance ingredients vs....
- Easy to use: Just hold upright (don't shake) and spray away stink
- Powerful air deodorizer perfect for bathrooms, kitchens, office lunchrooms, basement gyms
- Perfect for whole-home freshness with a 100% natural propellant
- fights air odors without masking, leaving nothing behind but a light, fresh scent
- Breathe in the classic fresh fragrance of Gain Original Scent
- Hold upright and spray in a sweeping motion throughout your house
- Spray every day in bathrooms, kitchens, offices, laundry rooms, and anywhere else you need a burst of ahhh-some
- Perfect for whole-home freshness with a 100% natural propellant
- Geranium, Patchouli, Olibanum
- 100% all-natural alternative to conventional room spray
- Fragrance made with pure essential oils
- Free of parabens, glycol solvents, chlorine, formaldehyde, ammonia, phosphates, artificial colors, triclosan, MEA, and DEA
- Fill Weight: 8 oz.
Everything You Need to Know About Room Sprays
How an Environmental Deodorant Works?
The price you pay for buying a good environmental deodorant may seem high in appearance. What determines its effectiveness is the duration of the effect and the possibility of using very little of it to neutralize the most unpleasant odors.
Before comparing the prices, therefore, it is necessary to be sure that the effectiveness is well balanced with the price and able to guarantee a long duration to the effect and the bottle.
Unlike perfumes that combine with environmental odors, such as body odors, in the case of these deodorants, success is determined by the ability to neutralize and eliminate odor. By not combining with this we will be certain that it will not produce unpleasant results for our sense of smell.
Chemistry at The Service of The Home
Unlike perfumes to be used on the person, environmental deodorants are made in order to obtain a specific function by neutralizing the bacteria that cause the bad smell.
They are therefore products of synthetic origin, obtained by the combination of different agents that are also capable of disinfecting the air, reducing its bacterial load.
In the ranking we see different offers, not all products work the same way. Some act by neutralizing bacteria and bad odor, others overlap so as not to make them feel to our nose.
They must be persistent and combined in order to last even after the main, more volatile fragrance disperses into the environment. In the product review, we highlighted these aspects to facilitate the identification of the most suitable product for your needs.
Environmentally Friendly Alternative Products
There is a specific product on the market for each of the different customer needs. The best brand is not the one capable of producing more sensory perfumes, but also able to not irritate the mucous membranes and not annoy the most sensitive subjects.
The use of chemicals in the home should be done with caution. There are many synthetic products that we use and which, by evaporating, can combine with each other and create potentially harmful or sensitizing reactions.
The alternatives, perhaps less effective, exist and are represented by those natural ingredients such as bamboo charcoal which has the power to filter the air and purify it in a mild way from the presence of bacteria that cause the bad smell.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does the Room Spray with Sticks Work?
The operation is very simple. After uncorking the container, the sticks are immersed in essential oil, they are soaked in the substance and give off the perfume. The intensity level can be varied by removing or adding sticks. The greater the number of sticks and the more intense the scent that is felt but in this way the duration of the product decreases.
How to Make a Room Spray?
Creating an air freshener is not complicated and very often you have everything you need at home. What do you need? Water, citrus fruits, ethyl alcohol, wickets, and a small glass jar vial. Peel the citrus fruit and put the peels obtained in water, bring it to a boil, and proceed for 10 minutes. Let it cool down.
Remove the skins then filter the water with a narrow mesh strainer. Add some ethyl alcohol. Distribute the solution in one or more containers and immerse the marrow. These can be bought without major problems online, otherwise, you can use the sticks for the skewers.
Why Do I Have to Dilute Essential Oils with Alcohol?
It is always advisable to dilute essential oils with alcohol because these are not soluble in water. Consequently, this is the best procedure: pour the oil into a little alcohol, mix, and then pour everything into the water.
I have a small child, is there a risk of getting burned if it comes in contact with the steam from an electric diffuser? There is no such danger since the steam generated by the electric diffuser is not hot.
These diffusers are equipped with an ionization mechanism for the oil molecules. Nebulization (in reality it is not steam) is the consequence of a cold process caused by the vibration of ultrasound.