The choice of a good ping pong ball is a moment that often accompanies and follows the choice of a racket and everything needed to start playing immediately.
On the market, some offers often combine the two, with a set that includes everything you need. In the guide we have prepared, we have tried to point out those points and particularities that help to play better, without the risk of being left without balls or with a low-quality product.
If you want, our editorial staff has then created a comparative table with which you can compare the different types proposed. This is not a ranking, but rather a series of mini-reviews in which the strengths and weaknesses of each object emerge in summary.
In the end, there is then a conclusion that pulls the strings of the speech. If you want to start figuring out how to choose a good ping pong ball, it might be the place to start. Here we will be listing the top 8 best table tennis balls.
- OFFICIAL SIZE: These table tennis balls are carefully constructed according to official 40mm and 2.7 g size and weight...
- DURABLE: The seamless design ensures that these table tennis balls are built to last so you can keep the game going without...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY: These balls are designed to deliver consistent, reliable bounce and spin for optimal game play
- SIX PACK: This set comes with (6) table tennis balls so you can have plenty of replacement balls at the ready
- PERFECT FOR PRACTICE OR COMPETITION: Whether you're playing for fun or competitively, these balls are made to perform at the...
- Hooks Are Designed With A Rubber Coating To Protect From Scratches
- Easy To Install And Easy To Use
- Robust Engineering - New Improved Straps Eliminate The Fragile Hooks That Plague Cheaper Hoists, And Allow You To Lift Heavy...
- For Ceilings Up To 12Ft
- JOOLA - A PROFESSIONAL TABLE TENNIS BRAND TRUSTED FOR 60+ YEARS: Launched in the 1950s, JOOLA has been the proud sponsor of the...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY AND DURABILITY: Manufactured for advanced competition, these 40+mm three star practice ping pong balls are ideal...
- ITTF REGULATION SIZE AND WEIGHT: Official thickness of .86mm and tournament weight of 2.7 grams and regulation width of 40+...
- UNMATCHED PERFORMANCE: These table tennis practice balls are excellent to practice serves, hit against multi-ball training, for...
- INCLUDES: 12 durable 3 Star training ping-pong balls that are lightweight and perfectly round. Recommended to be played with ping...
- PERFECTLY ROUND - These balls feature outstanding roundness and consistency
- VERY DURABLE - These balls are safer and far more durable than their predecessors
- ITTF APPROVED - Which means these balls can be used in all ITTF sanctioned tournaments
- PROFESSIONAL'S CHOICE - Favored by many professional Table Tennis players
- OFFICIAL BALL OF USATT - The ball used at the US Nationals and US Open tournaments
- Adjust ball frequency from 5–120 balls per minute for your ideal pace. Fine tune timing with IFC.
- Sequence together several drills so they run automatically either one after the other or randomly.
- Perfect footwork, strokes, & other skills. Select a pre-saved drill, press start, and begin play.
- Download regular firmware and software updates in the app to get new features and fix bugs.
- Control the robot wirelessly via Bluetooth with the Amicus app on the supplied Android tablet.
- Advanced training balls
- Good bounce，More Power
- Ball Weight (g): 2.7-2.85 Ball Diameter (mm): 40.1～40.25
- MAPOL is a Registered Trademark of Great Store
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE For 30 Days customers satisfaction . Any unhappy ,Please contact seller ( great -store ) directly for...
- SUPERIOR QUALITY BALLS - For competitions or family fun, these ping pong balls can survive any serve or smash
- PROFESSIONAL GRADE - Seamless poly balls for consistent bounce and expert control
- GREAT FOR ALL PING PONG TABLES & ROBOTS - Instantly see the difference when you play with PRO-SPIN pro training balls
- CONSISTENT PERFORMANCE - Get an edge with pro accuracy, size (40+) and weight (2.7g)
- 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE - Covers quality for 1 year when purchased from PRO-SPIN SPORTS
- Advanced training balls
- Good bounce,More Power
- Ball Weight (g): 2.7-2.85 Ball Diameter (mm): 40.1-40.25
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE For 30 Days . Any unhappy ,Please contact seller ( great -store ) directly for best solution
- MAPOL is a Registered Trademark of Great Store
Example Product Best Table Tennis Balls
The Right Diameter
The best ping pong ball is the one that above all respects the dimensions deemed suitable by the federation, especially if you want to buy it given a competition. The diameter must not exceed 40 mm, with a weight that remains within 2.7 grams.
For those who do not have special needs, this is information on which you can also postpone, but it is good to specify here.
These values should be checked carefully on the packaging or on the surface of the ball itself—a note of precision and important detail for those who look at certain points.
Quality and Quantity
So how to choose a good ping pong ball? To answer this question, we believe it is essential to understand how a valid number of balls must always be accompanied by a construction quality worthy of the name.
The main material with which the balls are made in celluloid, light, and easily workable compound with which to shape different objects, including ping pong balls.
A search among the most famous brands can be useful to get an idea of the type of ball you are looking for. The color usually varies between white and yellow, but it is not uncommon to come across even more extravagant colors. In this case, if you are playing with friends, nothing prevents you from aiming for an ultra colorful look for the game ball.
Format and Packaging
Comparing the prices, it is often noted that the difference is made by the number of balls on the one hand and the other accessories included on the other. Very often, manufacturers tend to combine a pair of rackets and a case with which they can start a game immediately.
It is good to compare the different proposals in this way, also reading the opinions of users who were able to touch and choose from the best brands.
The positive side of comparison lies essentially in this, in the general framework obtained and in the possibility of carefully studying aspects and proposals, weighing calmly which ping pong ball to buy.
The History of The Balls
Although they may seem like elementary objects, tennis balls hide an exciting story. Initially, they were made with materials that today would make us smile like chalk, sand, or even leather. Only with the invention of the rubber vulcanization process in 1844 by Charles Goodyear were modern rubber balls used.
Even the color was different, depending on the place where they played they could be white or black, and only in 1972 the yellow ones were adopted since they are more easily identifiable.
The “pressurized” balls that the professionals use are covered with felt, in this way the speed is reduced creating greater air resistance, it would be impossible to play with a core of pure vulcanized rubber due to the excessive speed it would reach each blow.
Compared to non-pressurized balls, however, these have a shorter life span, since as soon as the package is opened, also under vacuum, they will automatically begin to lose pressure.
The Tennis Player
The first analysis necessary to understand which tennis ball to buy is precisely that of the tennis player or the player who will have to use it.
A regular or professional player knows the difference between the products on sale on the market and knows how to distinguish the best balls from the poorest ones or those unsuitable for intensive sessions.
For beginners, it would be better to opt for easy-to-use balls, with a slow rebound and without pressurization that not only lasts longer but also makes the introduction to this type of sport easier.
Those who practice it with a certain regularity may prefer pressurized ones, such as those used in the most important tournaments, able to travel quickly and with excellent rebound quality.
Finally, professionals should only choose balls covered in felt and created with quality rubber, aiming directly at the best brand on the market: Wilson, the official supplier of the balls for tournaments on the American territory.
As you can see, our ranking is dominated by one particular brand, Wilson. Also, in the fourth position, therefore, we find a pack of four balls of the well-known American brand.
Unlike those previously examined, Team W Practice is designed for training on synthetic pitches, and they have a slightly greater weight than tournament ones.
The construction quality is high, starting from the core up to the external felt, and according to what consumers report, they return excellent game sensations even after numerous exchanges.
They are slightly harder than usual, so you must initially get used to them before you can get satisfactory results. However, this is a small flaw that most people have overcome very quickly, in the course of some training.
Note that they are also highly appreciated by those who buy them to play with their dog, their resistance, allows good results even with this not orthodox use.
Among the cheapest on the market, the four balls produced by Wilson are perfect for training and challenges on synthetic pitches.