When it comes to furnishing your home, it is essential to find the right balance between aesthetics and functionality. Indeed, you want to create a beautiful and welcoming space, but at the same time, it must also be practical.
This is an important concept to be applied in all rooms and, without a doubt, also in the bathrooms. Some elements will be essential to achieve this result, for example, a toilet paper holder.
It is a product that can be beautiful to look at, but at the same time, it is convenient. We have prepared this buying guide so that you can find the best toilet paper holder for your bathroom.
Here we had listed out some of the different toilet paper holders that are present below.
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Toilet Paper Holder
After examining the list that we have created on the most popular toilet paper holders, we are sure that you already know this product better. You have discovered interesting features and models that stand out from the rest.
Despite this, there are other aspects that you cannot leave out. For this reason, pay attention to the rest of this guide, and you will be able to make the right purchase for you.
What Is a Toilet Paper Holder?
A toilet paper holder is a bathroom accessory that is used to place toilet paper. In some cases, it also serves to keep it in a practical and orderly way. It is a decorative element but, above all, functional.
It can be made of different materials and, at the same time, there are various designs on the market. Most of them are to be fixed to the wall or placed on the floor.
What Is a Toilet Paper Holder For?
Someplace toilet paper on the toilet, on a basket, or even on the radiator. They can all be valid options, but they are not the best. They can also make the bathroom appear slightly messy.
A toilet paper holder will prevent this from happening. Its principal function is to promote order, hygiene, and cleanliness, even if it is always a decorative element.
Where Can Toilet Paper Holders Be Placed?
The toilet paper holders can be placed on the wall or on the floor. The former can be fixed to the wall in various ways, as you will see later—some even to the sink cabinet.
The latter, also called “from the ground,” is placed on the ground and can be moved from one place to another. Also, they sometimes have a toilet brush or an extra accessory to place multiple rolls of toilet paper.
How Many Types of Wall-Mounted Toilet Paper Holders Can You Find?
Having a toilet paper holder at home is almost inevitable. You are probably wondering what options you have to choose the correct one. For this reason, it is time to understand which models are most available on the market. Let’s start with those that attach themselves to the wall.
- Toilet Paper Holder with Lid. It is one of the most classic models. The lid serves to hide the toilet paper and, at the same time, keeps it away from dust and moisture. They are fixed on the wall and usually have a reasonably small size. Generally, they are made of metal, although there are those made of other materials.
- Toilet Paper Holder without Lid. It is similar to the previous model, but, as the name indicates, these do not have a lid. Its main advantage is that you can easily see how much paper is left before the roll ends. The rest of the features are very similar to those of the toilet paper holder with lid.
- Vertical Toilet Paper Holder. It is merely a toilet paper holder without a lid that is fixed to the wall in a vertical position. Most models of this type can be placed in both ways.
- Toilet Paper Holder with Reserve. They are like vertical ones, but more than one roll can be placed in them.
- Toilet Paper Holder with Shelf. There are more and more models that have a shelf on which you can place your mobile phone or any other object you may need at such an intimate moment.
- It is folding Toilet Paper Holder. They are equipped with a mechanism that allows you to move the bar where the roll is placed. It can be to change it more easily or to adopt different positions, always starting from the same attachment.
- Toilet Paper Holder with Extra Space It is not very common, but some toilet paper holders that are fixed to the wall, have extra space. It can be a rope, which is used to hook rolls, shelves, or other similar elements.
- Toilet Paper Holder with Toilet Brush. This model is also not very common; they come with a toilet brush and are suitable to be fixed on the wall.
What Are the Models of Toilet Paper Holders to Be Placed on The Floor?
After having listed the main models of wall-mounted toilet paper holders, the time has come to list those that should instead be placed on the floor. But, first of all, we want to make a little clarification.
The last two options of the previous list you will also find in this one here. Keep in mind that they are models that you will meet most often to be placed on the floor. Now, we show you the existing models in this category.
- Standing Toilet Paper Holder. It consists of support that has a toilet paper holder, which can be both horizontal and vertical.
- Floor Toilet Paper Holder with Reserve. This toilet paper holder has extra space to store various rolls of toilet paper. It can be a bar or a cylinder to
- Introduce Different Rolls. In the latter case, it will have a slot to facilitate access to the toilet paper.
- Floor Toilet Paper Holder with a toilet brush. In this product, we find two elements in one. There must be a critical distance to avoid splashing; it must be used carefully.
How Are Wall-Mounted Toilet Paper Holders Fixed?
The wall-mounted toilet paper holders can be fixed in three ways. The first method, with nails and perforating the wall, is the most stable one. The second is through a sticker that usually the models that allow this type of assembly include it in the product. It is less resistant than the first, but faster. The third way is through suction cups and represents the least resistant option.
Is It Better to Buy a Toilet Paper Holder Alone or A Complete Set?
Even if not all the elements of a bathroom need to be the same, it is nice that they have a minimum connection between them. In other words, it is better if they are paired.
In this way, even if they are different elements, they will not give the impression of having been chosen at random. Try to consider this if it’s time for you to buy all the bathroom accessories and not just a toilet paper holder.
What Is a Toilet Paper Holder with A Removable Axis?
The axis of the toilet paper holder is the part where the rolls are placed, and some manufacturers call it support. Most models on the market have an open axle. This allows you to change toilet paper easily. Others, however, have a removable axle, which fits into a slightly larger axis. From this, you can take the roll.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of A Toilet Paper Holder?
Without a doubt, you are almost ready to make your purchase. Now you know a lot of features that toilet paper holders have, but you need to take into account other criteria that, at the same time, we consider essential.
Before classifying them, we invite you to read what are the main advantages and disadvantages of this product.
- It is the most hygienic way of placing rolls
- There are different options for any type of bathroom
- Some models have an integrated toilet brush.
- Sometimes, its installation forces you to have to drill the wall
- The adhesive on some toilet paper holders may peel off over time.