A rowing machine is a complete tool, excellent for training at home. Tones the muscles of the whole body, helps you lose weight, and is not bulky. There are different types on the market, with hydraulic, air, magnetic, or water resistance. Let’s see which are the best rowers and how to choose the most suitable for your needs.
A rowing machine is a complete tool, which allows you to train your whole body. As its name suggests, it simulates the rowing movement of the rowing seat.
The benefits are many: first of all, it is an excellent aerobic workout, it helps burn calories and lose weight; also, it improves blood circulation and tones the muscles of the legs, arms, abdomen, chest, and back. Here we will be listing the top 8 best magnetic rowing machines.
- Enjoy free forever basic workout data tracking on the MyCloudFitness App.
- Revolutionize your workout with on water and in studio professional co
- 14 Level DUAL TRANSMISSION magnetic tension resistance for an easy or more challenging workout
- Patent pending front stabilizer foot pads allows for additional exercises such as curls, upright rows, bent over rows, front raises, shrugs, triceps extensions, standing shoulder presses and more
- Product extended dimensions – 88.5" L x 21.5" W x 21.5" H | Folded dimensions – 39.5” L x 21.5” W x 53.5” H | Product weight – 63.6 lbs. | Weight capacity – 250 lbs.
- DIGITAL MONITOR: The large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count, and scan. The convenient scan mode displays your progress to assist you in tracking all your fitness goals.
- EXTRA LONG SLIDE RAIL: At 48 inches in slide rail length, and 44 inches in inseam length, the SF-RW5515 can accommodate rowers nearly any size.
- ADJUSTABLE MAGNETIC RESISTANCE: With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease the 8 levels of magnetic resistance, so your workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your fitness journey.
- TRANSPORTATION WHEELS: Built-in transportation wheels for easy portability. Simply tilt and roll out for use or away for storage, no need for heavy lifting or muscle strain.
- NON-SLIP FOOT PEDALS: Textured non-slip foot pedals will ensure safe footing during the most demanding and vigorous workouts. Foot straps keep your feet saddled with so you can focus on the workout without feeling unbalanced.
- MAGNETIC TENSION: 16 levels of tension ensure a versatile and challenging workout with virtually no maintenance.
- BOTTLE & DEVICE HOLDER: Place drink and mobile devices watch your favorite fitness videos.
- ERGONOMIC FOOT PEDALS: Engage your quads as you propel your legs back and forth on the pivoting foot pedals with adjustable straps. Slip resistant handlebar ensures secure grasp.
- OVERSIZED SEATING: Large padded seating smoothly glides along the 43.5 in slide rail inseam. Heavy-duty frame holds 285 lb while stabilizers promote stability.
- FOLDABLE ROWER: Convenient folding rower machine folds upright. Great for smaller in-home gyms.
- Large LCD display tracks time, count, distance, stroke, calories, recovery and pules
- Adjustable console provides easy line of sight and ergonomically adapts for height and user preference
- 10-year frame, 3-year parts and 1-year labor
- Oversized rower seat designed for comfort and easy to clean
- Convenient easy-fold design, stows the rail vertically when not in use
- DUAL FUNCTION ROWER: Large heavy-duty foot plates allow for a dual function workout. Carefully designed footplates allow you stand and perform multiple shoulder and arm exercises without having to leave the rowing machine
- RESISTANCE: 8 levels of magnetic resistance promote quiet, smooth workout with versatility. Virtually no maintenance. Combines arm and leg weight-bearing forms of aerobic exercise
- TRACK YOUR FITNESS: Keep track of your performance and monitor your progress. The LCD monitor tracks your time, count, calories, total count, distance, and scan
- FOLDABLE PORTABLE DESIGN: Transportation wheels for easy portability. Rower easily folds and locks into place for storage
- WIDE PADDED SEAT: Ergonomically padded seat with cushioned non-slip grip handlebars offer comfort and support. Great rowing machines for home use
- 🏅 DIGITAL DISPLAY PANEL- The Large LCD console displays time, count, calories, total count with Scan mode which displays your progress to assist you in tracking all your fitness goal.
- 🏅 EXTRA LONG SLIDE RAIL - The slide rail length rowing machine is 49 inches and 45 inches in inseam length, this model is suitable for 6’5” people.
- 🏅 16 LEVELS RESISTANCE - Subtle control of the magnetic resistance from 1-16, suitable for whole family use. Suggested use for 30 mins at a time.
- 🏅 PADDLED HANDLES & CUSHIONED SEAT - Non-Slip foam grip handlebar and large seat offer a great comfortable using experience and make work-out more enjoying.
- 🏅 NON-SLIP FOOT PEDALS - Large, textured pedals with safety straps provide users with a non-slip surface and the security of high-quality straps, your feet remain in place throughout your rowing routine
- HARD-WEARING CONSTRUCTION - Made from heavy-duty steel and aluminum, this gear’s premium frame is engineered to provide increased reliability to keep every user stable and secure.
- VARIABLE RESISTANCE SETTINGS - This practical gym equipment is equipped with a manual magnetic resistance system that offers multiple intensities. It allows you to increase or decrease the intensity for efficient and challenging workouts.
- COMFORTABLE WORKOUT GEAR - Reinforced with a durable injection-molded seat that offers maximum support and comfort for an extended period. It also features foam-covered handlebars and adjustable foot straps for superior grip and stability.
- DIGITAL SCREEN DISPLAY - Completed with an LCD screen panel that allows you to track your progress and fitness goals easily. It tracks speed, distance, time, calories burned, SPM, date and ambient temperature to keep you updated of your development.
- INTELLIGENT DESIGN - Built to offer convenience and reliability, this rower features a foldable design and transport wheels to allow users to store and move it without having to lift the gear from one place to another.
- 【Various Workout Equipment-Multiple Resistance 】Switch up the intensity of your rowing workout with the convenient adjustable resistance tension knob. With a simple twist, you can increase or decrease resistance so your rower workout can remain challenging and effective throughout your rowing fitness journey.
- 【 Extra Padding & Rotary Design-Fully Padded Seat&Multi-angle Rotary Footplates 】A sliding, extra padded and upholstered seat to support your bottom and back, ensure proper blood flow in the glutes for prolonged and vigorous rowing workouts. Large strapping footplates that are suitable for users of different sizes provide optimal comfort and support on this indoor rowing machine.
- 【Track Your Workout-Large LCD Display 】With convenient LCD monitor that displays your Time, Count, Calories, Total Count, you will be able to track your progress and modify your current routine appropriately and keep you further motivated and aim for improvement.
- 【Comfortable and Silence-15 Degree Angled Seat Rail& Built-in Megnetic Flywheel】The 15 degree angled seat rail makes your seat return smooth and efficient so that you can get the most out of your rowing session. Built-in megnetic flywheel minimizes noise while maximizing a smooth feel during exercise process on this air rowing machine.
- 【Durability&Portability-Folding Frame& Built-in Wheels】Equipped with built-in wheels and a foldable frame, this rowing machine for home aims at easy transport and storage. Merax rowing machine assembled dimensions: 73 L x 16 W x 21 H inches; Folded: 26 L x 16 W x 49 H inches; Weight Capacity: 264 lbs. Slide rail length: 43.3 inch
Buyer Guide to Choose Magnetic Rowing Machines
On the market, there are different types of a rowing machines, with hydraulic, air, magnetic, or water resistance. The most common models are formed by an axis on which a trolley with seat and a fan slides to which a chain with a handlebar is attached, which those who train must pull towards themselves, applying force with their arms, legs, back, and abdomen.
Some rowers, however, have one or two pistons, that is, levers that simulate the oars used in rowing, and that must be moved using the normal rowing movement .
We have seen the best rowers of the moment, now let’s see how to choose the one that best suits your training needs. The first element to consider is the type of resistance, which can be hydraulic, magnetic, air, and water.
The strength of the rowing machine simulates that encountered by the oars of the canoe in the water, and the intensity of the training, the size of the tool, and the noise during use depend on it.
We must then evaluate the structure of the rowing machine as a whole, therefore not only the dimensions (open and closed) but also the maximum capacity, the closing system, the practicality of use.
The comfort of the seat and the pedals. Do not underestimate the importance of the monitor, which should measure essential values for training, such as speed, time, calories burned, and the number of strokes.
Finally, we advise you to choose a product of a well-known brand specializing in rowing machines and other fitness equipment. Let’s see everything in detail.
As we have anticipated, the rowing machine uses different systems to simulate the resistance that the oars encounter when immersed in water. The size and noise level of the rowing machine depends on the type of strength, but also the intensity of the training and the price.
With one or two hydraulic pistons, which contain air or water. The rowing machines with hydraulic strength have two handles similar to the oars of a canoe, which are connected to the pistons through levers under the track. On the track, there is the sliding seat, while the footrests are on the front of the rail.
This type of rowing machine is the cheapest and least cumbersome, so it is excellent for home training, especially for beginners. However, it has a disadvantage: it does not realistically simulate the rowing movement, because the handles have a fixed height and limit the progress of the arms, which cannot be lowered during the return phase, such as when rowing.
With a flywheel equipped with blades, which turns during the rowing. The edges of the wheel meet the strength of the air, simulating faithfully enough the oars in the water encounter. The motor is connected to a single handle by a chain or string.
To operate the whole mechanism, you have to pull the handle towards you, tightening the rope, and slide the seat back, pushing your feet on the pedals. The resistance is progressive. That is, it increases with the power of the rowing movement, and the arms have freedom of movement.
The effect is, therefore very similar to canoeing, which is why air rowing machines are more suitable for those who practice rowing and want to keep training. There are, however, disadvantages: the rowers with air resistance are bulkier than the hydraulic ones and noisier.
With an electric magnet system, which generates the resistance electronically. The structure of the magnetic rowers is identical to that of the air rowers, with the only difference that there is no flywheel in the head, but the magnetic system.
However, the rowing simulation is less realistic, although better than that of the hydraulic rowers. The rowers with magnetic resistance are the quietest and the only ones that allow you to adjust the resistance electronically;
With a tank full of water positioned in the rowing machine head. In the container, two blades are attached to a tree, which is moved by the rowing movement.
The water rowers are the ones that offer the most realistic rowing simulation ever because the resistance is the same as the oars in the water.
Also, the type of seat and the movement of the place on the track faithfully simulate those of the canoes. For these reasons, water rowing machines are preferred by professional rowers who want to train in the winter season.
However, they have the disadvantage of being very bulky and, therefore not suitable for domestic use. Also, they are expensive and quite noisy.