Golfers know how much care is needed to find the right equipment such as clubs, bags, shoes, gloves, and of course, even the golf balls. If you are thinking of getting closer to this sport or simply want to enrich your equipment, this guide will be useful.
We will focus on golf balls, an essential element for “going to the hole on the first try.” We will do it by explaining the criteria and all the critical characteristics to be sure of the quality of the golf balls you want to buy and get the right performance from this article.
Here we had listed out some of the best golf balls that are present below.
- New high gradient core technology lowers long game spin for longer distance
- Speed amplifying high-flex casing layer contributes to low long game spin
- Spherically-tiled 388 tetrahedral dimple design delivers penetrating and consistent flight
- Soft cast urethane Elastomer Cover provides excellent greenside spin
- Warbird is built for maximum ball speed off every club. The extra-large, high-energy core is highly compressible so you can unlock...
- HEX Aerodynamics reduces drag and promotes increased launch for more speed, better ball flight and more distance
- The optimized ionomer cover and large core provide feel and greenside control from a 2-piece design.
- Item Package Dimension: 7.480314953L x 5.511811018W x 1.8897637776H inches
- Item Package Weight - 1.4219815899 Pounds
- Item Package Quantity - 1
- Product Type - RECREATION BALL
- Longer Distance
- Extremely Low Long Game Spin
- Greater Iron Stoppability
- High Flight On All Shots
- Playable Greenside Feel
- Ultra Soft Feel
- Longer Distance
- Excellent Greenside Control
- Trusted Quality and Consistency
- React Speed Core
- 342 Aerodynamic Dimple Pattern
- 2 Layer Construction, Ionomer Cover, Mid-Launch, Max Distance, Mid/High Spin, And Softer Feel
- Item Package Weight: 1.25 Pounds
- NEW Sifter Urethane and HFM Speed Layer System
- Layer Construction, Seamless Tour Flight Dimple Patter, and Cast Urethane Cover
- Fastest Ball Speed, Higher Launch,
- High Spin, and Soft Feel
- Supersoft Has Been One Of The Most Popular Golf Balls For Years, And We'Ve Combined Incredible Cover, Core And Flight Technologies...
- The New Hybrid Cover Features An Innovative Paraloid Impact Modifier Made By Dow Chemical. This Multi-Material Construction Allows...
- The High Speed Soft Compression Core Maximizes Energy Transfer To Increase Ball Speeds, While Also Promoting High Launch And Low...
- Hex Aerodynamics Is Optimized To Reduce Drag And Enhance Lift For Increased Carry And Higher Flight.
- New high gradient dual core technology lowers long game spin for longer distance
- Speed amplifying high-flex casing layer contributes to low long game spin
- Spherically-tiled 348 tetrahedral dimple design delivers high and consistent flight
- Soft cast urethane Elastomer Cover provides excellent greenside
Buying Guide to Select the Best Golf Balls
We will answer some questions to learn more about some exciting aspects of golf balls. In this way, in a market with a huge offer, it will be easier for us to evaluate the best options to obtain excellent performance during the game.
Especially if we are beginners, and we do not have experience of the characteristics and the performance of the various balls.
What Is a Golf Ball?
It is a ball whose diameter must not be less than 42.67 millimeters (mm), and whose weight must not be greater than 45.93 grams (gr).
New balls are composed of a twisted rubber rope core, which gives elasticity, and an external plastic layer. The surface has small dimples, between 250 and 450, which allow trajectory stability while the ball is in the air.
What Are the Characteristics of Official Golf Balls?
On the market, we discover a large type of golf balls, but not all of them comply with the directions for use during official tournaments. If it is a problem of playing as a hobby or at an amateur level, we do not need to meet these criteria, but if not, the following rules must be respected:
- The balls must be asymmetric.
- Their diameter must reach 42.67 millimeters as a minimum.
- The weight cannot exceed 45.93 grams.
- They must be able to reach a maximum speed of 76 meters per second.
How Many Parts Is a Golf Ball Made Of?
Golf balls are made up of two main parts, the core, and the cover. However, for the multi-layered balls, a mantle is added between the two parts to make sure that the shots do not produce significant alterations in the flight phase. These are the main characteristics of each layer.
- Core: It is the heart of the ball. It can be liquid filled plastic or rubber solid.
- Coverage: It is the outer part. Fundamental for the flight of the ball, which is influenced by dimples and the material of the ball.
- Mantle: It is a thin layer between the core and the roof. Its purpose is to ensure that deformation does not result in unwanted rotation when hitting.
- The Ball. It is used in two or more layer balls. It can be made of various materials, such as, among others, ceramic, metal, glass, or carbon.
What Are the Advantages of Recycled Golf Balls?
The advantages of recycled golf balls are many and very important, both for the player and for the environment. Regarding the after, it should be settled that.
In Europe and the United States, more than 400 million balls are lost per year, which can take up to 1000 years to decompose, freeing toxic substances and metals.
Compared to golfers, beginners and amateurs can use high-quality, low-priced balls, while experts are reduced to the shots they use during training. This, therefore, also allows for economic savings, all the more reason to buy recycled balls.
How to Keep Golf Balls Clean?
Golf balls get spotted on their way through the course. Therefore, it is advisable to wash them after every game to avoid their appearance being reduced during the following uses.
The quickest and easiest way to remove stains from the surface is to use a small cloth or sponge in both cases previously moistened. Sometimes this is not sufficient. If the stains resist, we can use dish detergent or a specific stain remover for golf balls.
Even if this is not done, the opportunity remains to immerse the balls in water and ammonia, bleach or white vinegar, for about three hours. Then, the surface is cleaned with a damp cloth.
Your level as a player and your characteristics must be the criterion for choosing the balls. According to these requirements, we must analyze the appropriate type of balls, based on the materials, the construction of the layers.
The stiffness and dimples of the external cover are also important, fundamental for the correct flight of the ball.
The stiffness of the ball core must be taken into thought, as concentration defines the tolerance to impacts and avoids deformation of the ball through the game.
It is particularly relevant for sharper shots, such as tee shots in every hole. If you have a quick swing, you will need a ball with high compression.
Besides, this will help the ball last over time, and we can use it on several occasions without losing its performance during the flight. The compression levels are generally 70, 80, 90, and 100. This characteristic is fundamental for multilayer balls.
The number of units available in each batch of balls must be taken into account. Players who are starting out in this sport, or the more inexperienced, need more balls available, as they often don’t have the precision of the pros, especially in tee shots.
The games usually have twelve balls, even if they exist with multiple units, up to a hundred. Color is equally important. Experienced golfers don’t have too many problems, but amateurs risk paying for their inaccuracy and losing sight of the ball. The more eye-catching colors help in these cases.
The covers of the golf balls are made of different materials, but the number of layers that make them up is decisive. Depending on the layers, the type of player for which it is suitable changes.
The more layers there are, the better unless we’re just starting to practice this sport. We can choose between four options:
- One Layer: These are mild balls that are commonly used only for practice.
- Two Layers: Suggested for newcomers and amateurs, because they allow you to reach a great way and are harder
- Three Layers: Less impact-resistant, but give the player more sensations.
- Multilayer: They connect distance, sensitivity, and stability.
The number of dimples and their measurement is an essential part when choosing a ball, as they greatly affect the game. The more important the number of dimples, the more durable our ball will be.
Nonetheless, in strong wind situations, it is recommended to use balls with fewer dimples and more substantial, to reach a greater distance.
It is essential to play golf with balls that make you feel comfortable. After doing several tests, you will have to decide everything and not change the balls, or your performance may be affected, and your chances of winning will decrease. Continue to use them, and your game will consolidate thanks to practice.
Bear in mind that the characteristics of the player decide which balls are most appropriate. Probably for beginners, it is advisable to try to gain meters with each stroke, while for the more experienced ones, try to obtain more precision. In short, you have to try and let yourself be guided by the sensations.