Arduino is a modular hardware platform for the rapid creation of prototypes of small devices, such as microcontrollers, sensor groups, actuators, and communication interfaces with other devices.
Various kits are available on the market, both the original Arduino and the clones, and are exclusively available and sold online since the project is entirely based on circuit diagrams and open-source software.
If you have not yet got a precise idea of which Arduino kit to buy, in our guide, you will find more in-depth information, purchase tips and the review of the best Arduino kits of 2020. Here we will be listing the top 10 best Arduino starter kits.
- Free PDF tutorial(more than 22 lessons) and clear listing in a nice package
- The most economical kit based on Arduino platform to starting learning electronics for those beginners who are interested.
- Lcd1602 module with pin header (not need to be soldered by yourself)
- This is the upgraded starter kits with power supply module, 9V battery with dc
- High quality kit with UNO board, compatible with Arduino UNO R3, MEGA 2560 R3, NANO.
- It’s a quick and easy way to get started with the learning of STEAM subjects at home, and it can be used to think critically,...
- This kit walks you through the basics of Arduino and electronics in a hands-on way. No prior experience is required, as the kit...
- The kit comes with a 170-page project guide book and includes over 100 components.
- You’ll be able to build 15 different projects using components that let you control the physical world with different kinds of...
- Plenty of free activities and materials are available online, along with lots of inspirational tutorials and videos that mean you...
- The MEGA complete starter kit with more than 200pcs components, premium quality and 100% Compatible with Arduino IDE
- Free pdf tutorial in the cd (33 lessons)
- Lcd1602 module and gy-521 sensor module with pin header ( no need to solder by yourself)
- Nice package with clear listing and surprise including a nice small box to keep the widget such as LED, IC, buttons, diodes, etc.
- We have always cared about the customer experience and improve the product function details
- More than 200 components, this is the most complete starter kit you will find. Great value starter kit with 63 kinds of electronic...
- Has all the components you need and a free PDF tutorial (more than 30 lessons) to show you how to use them. All code to use the...
- All the modules come soldered so they are easy to wire up.
- Includes ELEGOO R3 controller board and USB cable, 100% compatible with Arduino IDE Official R3, Official kit.
- Kit comes packaged in compartmentalized case with a bonus box for small parts like LED’s, IC’s, buttons, diodes, etc.
- This sensor kit comes with 37 basic sensors and modules, which is good for learning basic knowledge about sensors. The main...
- It comes with detailed tutorials which include pictures and code and 37 projects, explained step by step. Note we provide arduino...
- Each module has 3-4 pins broken out that make it easy to plug into a solderless breadboard or hook up to with DuPont wires. They...
- Packed well in nice box, also each item packed well separately.
- High quality kit for those beginners who are interested in programming. 100% compatible with Arduino R3, MEGA 2560, NANO,...
- PDF Tutorial - Detailed PDF tutorial of 28 lessons with sample code and image instructions.
- Perfect Kit for Beginner - The most economical way for beginners to start programming. Compatible with Arduino r3, mega, nano.
- No Need Solder - LCD1602 module with pin header (no need to be soldered by yourself).
- Upgraded starter kits - Come with power supply module, 9V battery with dc.
- Good quality storage box with divider plates- Avoid to mess up and get a tidy box.
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Richard, Blum (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 434 Pages - 08/08/2014 (Publication Date) - Sams Publishing (Publisher)
- This is an upgrade complete Arduino starter kit designed for beginners and electronic hobbyists.
- With more than 33 projects, it is esay and convenient for you to learn Arduino and programming. If you need the guide of the...
- The starter kit will make a great gift for any to-be engineers, or anyone looking to get a jump start in the world of...
- This kit comes with everything that the average beginner Arduino project requires, plus more, 50 kinds of different electronic...
- The kit is a great help for you learning electronics! Lots of little bits to start doing Arduino things
- This electronic sensor kit contains 48 pieces most popular and mainstream sensors and modules, allow you to do a lot devices,...
- Compatible with various micro-controllers and Raspberry Pi, such as mega 2560, r3 development board, pro micro, leonardo, etc....
- We provide detailed projects for each sensor based on development board, including wiring method, test code, etc. Download the...
- This is high quality sensor kit with exquisite packaging. It's a perfect present for junior high and high school inventors,...
- The tutorial shows wiring for the Arduino and gives example code. All of this makes getting started with sensors quite easy. The...
- Advancing the development of robotics technology w/ Earth's 2nd biggest & most advanced starter kit for Arduino. 65+ pieces w/...
- Explore programming electronics with all of the most common sensors and modules in Arduino like RFID Card-Key Reader, Ultrasonic...
- Build wireless IoT Automation projects with ESP32 Development Board, HC-05 Bluetooth Module, ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module, 2x NRF24L01...
- All-in-one bundle with extra accessories + 16G USB storage with free access to the GAR Dropbox Cloud including PDF guides & links...
- Effective technical/customer support from USA with lifetime replacement guarantee on all parts – The Monster comes in 16" x 12"...
Buying Guide to Select the Best Arduino Starter Kits
If instead, you want to go straight to the point and understand how to choose a good Arduino kit according to your personal needs, then rely on our ranking, where we have compared three of the best offers currently available online, both in terms of quality and price.
The Arduino Project
Arduino is a modular hardware platform for the rapid creation of prototypes of small devices, such as microcontrollers, sensor groups, actuators and communication interfaces with other methods; it is intended for artists, designers, hobbyists and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments, it is also useful for kids who study electronics and for anyone who wants to take their first steps in a last-generation electronics sector.
The project was born in Ivrea, Italy, and is based on a card capable of interacting with the environment in which it is located by receiving information from a wide variety of sensors and using it to control lights, motors, and other specific actuators.
The board is supplied as part of an Arduino starter kit to be assembled, or already assembled. At the same time, the software is open source and therefore is provided in the starter kit, or it is possible to download it for free directly from the internet.
The Original Starter Kit
The starter kit offers, first of all, a documentary part, in paper or PDF format, containing a guide with information, tutorials, tutorials, projects, and introductions to programming with source code.
The original Arduino kit has the advantage of offering this documentation entirely in Italian, in the form of 170-page paper support, which includes a very comprehensive guide and 15 projects to be used to practice.
The remaining part of a starter kit consists of all the electronic components needed to carry out the associated projects.
The original Arduino kit is the one that offers the complete equipment since it also includes components that are not limited to those required by the projects in the documentation.
It is good to remember that the electronic components, the packaging, and the documentation, which constitute an original Arduino kit, have a high level of quality; consequently, the price is also higher than the Arduino clone kits.
The Clone Starter Kits
The Arduino clone kits, on the other hand, have the advantage of being much more advantageous from an economic point of view, but are conditioned by some limitations compared to the original; restrictions that may vary depending on the model and the company that produces the kit.
First of all, it must be said that the quality of the electronic components offered by some Arduino clone kits, even if it does not reach that of the original, is still of a right level.
It is more likely, however, that there are clone kits in which only some of the components are of poor quality, while everything else is excellent.
Another limitation that afflicts Arduino clone kits concerns the documentation; the latter is supplied directly in PDF format on a CD, if not even available only for free download from the network.
Also, only the best of the Arduino clone kits offer an Italian translation of the guides and tutorials that is clear and understandable, all the others have documentation exclusively in English.
Some Notes on The Arduino Platform
Perhaps not everyone knows that the name Arduino derives from that of an Ivrea bar, which the designers of this system used to frequent.
Arduino is a project conceived and developed in 2003 by some members of the Interaction Design Institute, a post-doctoral training institution based in Ivrea, founded by the companies Olivetti and Telecom Italia.
In this case, it is a hardware platform based on a printed circuit that integrates a microcontroller with pins connected to the I / O ports, a voltage regulator, and, when required, a USB interface that allows communication with a computer used for programming.
An integrated multi-platform development software then accompanies this hardware platform that is compatible with Linux, Apple Macintosh, and Windows.
The primary purpose of the Arduino platform is to carry out rapid prototyping functions and is intended above all for an educational, hobby, and professional goals.
The K010007 is the original Starter Kit produced by Arduino, and its hardware components have the advantage of being entirely made in Italy by the Smart Projects company. In contrast, the clones, by far cheaper, can be made by anyone and anywhere in the world.
The original components, of course, guarantee a higher quality level. Moreover, the kit also offers the additional advantage that all the documentation included, therefore the guide with the instructions plus the initial plans for the first exercises are present in Italian.
The content of the kit is redundant, that is, the various components included are in higher number than those required by the projects contained in the guide.
It consists of multiple phototransistors, potentiometers, braided and stranded jumper cables, capacitors, diodes, resistors of various types, LEDs and much more besides the Arduino UNO R3 board of course.
Ideal for Beginners, Students, and Hobbyists
The kit is designed especially for beginners, for students of industrial technical institutes and hobbyists. The guide, in fact, even according to the testimonies of the buyers, is done very well and is extremely clear and understandable.
The only limitation is given by the included projects, however, which being made by different authors, including foreign ones, are not always well translated when it is the case. Those of greater complexity also report some errors which, to be noticed, require a more profound knowledge of electronics.
Elegoo Uno R3 Project
Elegoo UNO R3 Project is one of the cheapest Arduino kits available on the market and also one of the most complete in terms of equipment.
It is a starter kit for beginners based on the new UNO R3 card and accompanied by a free tutorial, available in PDF format, supplied in the package on CD support that also includes the codes and libraries.
All the electronic components of the project, of course, are included in the kit; these also include LEDs of different colors, a 1602 LCD, infrared emission and reception modules, transistors, photocells, potentiometers and much more.
The maximum input voltage of the power supply module of the card is 6.5V-9V, and you must be careful not to exceed this threshold, in order not to run the risk of burning it. According to the buyers, it is a complete kit of excellent quality, but the instructions in Italian are translated poorly.
According to the opinions of the buyers, the Elegoo kit stands out for being one of the most complete in terms of accessories; moreover, given the low cost, it also offers excellent value for money.