Arduino is a modular hardware platform for the rapid creation of prototypes of small devices, such as microcontrollers, sensor groups, actuators, and communication interfaces with other devices.
Various kits are available on the market, both the original Arduino and the clones, and are exclusively available and sold online since the project is entirely based on circuit diagrams and open-source software.
If you have not yet got a precise idea of which Arduino kit to buy, in our guide, you will find more in-depth information, purchase tips and the review of the best Arduino kits of 2020. Here we will be listing the top 10 best Arduino starter kits.
- It’s a quick and easy way to get started with the learning of STEAM subjects at home, and it can be used to think critically, learn collaboratively, and solve problems.
- This kit walks you through the basics of Arduino and electronics in a hands-on way. No prior experience is required, as the kit introduces both coding and electronics through fun, engaging, and hands-on projects.
- The kit comes with a 170-page project guide book and includes over 100 components.
- You’ll be able to build 15 different projects using components that let you control the physical world with different kinds of sensors and actuators.
- Plenty of free activities and materials are available online, along with lots of inspirational tutorials and videos that mean you can continue using the kit in creative ways even after you’ve completed the projects.
- Free PDF tutorial(more than 22 lessons) and clear listing in a nice package
- The most economical kit based on Arduino platform to starting programming for those beginners who are interested.
- Lcd1602 module with pin header (not need to be soldered by yourself)
- This is the upgraded starter kits with power supply module, 9V battery with dc
- High quality kit with UNO R3. 100% compatible with Arduino UNO R3, MEGA 2560 R3, NANO.
- The MEGA complete starter kit with more than 200pcs components, premium quality and 100% Compatible with Arduino IDE
- Free pdf tutorial in the cd (more than 35 lessons)
- Lcd1602 module and gy-521 sensor module with pin header ( no need to solder by yourself)
- Nice package with clear listing and surprise including a nice small box to keep the widget such as LED, IC, buttons, diodes, etc.
- We have always cared about the customer experience and improve the product function details
- More than 200 components, this is the most complete starter kit you will find. Great value starter kit with 63 kinds of electronic components.
- Has all the components you need and a free PDF tutorial (more than 30 lessons) to show you how to use them. All code to use the modules is included on the CD.
- All the modules come soldered so they are easy to wire up.
- Includes ELEGOO R3 controller board and USB cable, 100% compatible with Arduino IDE Official R3, Official kit.
- Kit comes packaged in compartmentalized case with a bonus box for small parts like LED’s, IC’s, buttons, diodes, etc.
- Includes The Only Official Arduino Starter Kit From Arduino, The Best Selling Book From Make Magazine: Getting Started with Arduino: The Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform and a Handy Uno R3 PIN-OUT Chart from Speed Kits
- Includes Book, Make: Getting Started with Arduino: The Open Source Electronics Prototyping Platform Paperback
- Includes components for 15 projects
- Includes Arduino Uno R3 And Exclusive Speed-Kits Arduino PIN OUT Quick Reference Chart
- Includes a total of over 200 electronic parts and components
- Advancing the development of robotics technology w/ Earth's 2nd biggest & most advanced starter kit for Arduino. 65+ pieces w/ FOUR main boards: 100% Arduino-compatible Uno R3, Mega 2560, Nano V3 and ESP32 2.4 GHz WiFi+Bluetooth Development Board
- Explore programming electronics with all of the most common sensors and modules in Arduino like RFID Card-Key Reader, Ultrasonic Sensor, Real Time Clock, Impact Switch, 3-Axis Accelerometer, LCD, Relay, Servo and Stepper Motor - suitable for beginner or advanced users
- Build wireless IoT Automation projects with ESP32 Development Board, HC-05 Bluetooth Module, ESP8266 Wi-Fi Module, 2x NRF24L01 Wireless Transceivers and the W5100 Ethernet Shield
- All-in-one bundle with extra accessories + 16G USB storage with free access to the GAR Dropbox Cloud including PDF guides & links to tutorials and videos to help you learn to program all the parts and get started quickly
- Effective technical/customer support from USA with lifetime replacement guarantee on all parts – The Monster comes in 16" x 12" durable organizer tool box for safe transport and storage. No soldering required. Please let us know about any improvements we can make to the Monster Kit. Critical feedback is much appreciated
- This Smart Home Starter Kit is an all-in-one bundle for Arduino beginners to fast experience and build fun projects. Able to set your own password for this arduino-based smart home kit to start electronics connection. If you encounter any problems during use, please feel free to contact me. We will respond quickly to technical support.
- The home automation system kit comes with an R3 control board, sensor shield and hundreds of sensors/actuators such as LED, buzzer, relay, button module,1602 I2C LCD module, gas detection module, bringing endless possibilities to your applications.
- You can make 15 fun projects following our step-by-step tutorials on how to build Internet of Things projects with Arduino. Start from building a basic LED Blink program to a complex fully functional smart home with fan control, motion, moisture detection, BLE remote control and more!
- Refined instructions on how to assemble the house from scratch. All the necessary programs and codes, software and driver installation files are included. The assembly is relatively easy. Everything you need is in the box including tools.
- Great for anyone that's into building and learning Arduino electronic, robotics and coding. How to get the English manual? please search for "KEYESTUDIO KS0085 " in Google Chrome.
- The most economical kit comes with everything compatible with Arduino to starting programming for beginners .
- This is the upgraded starter kits come with a 9V 1A Power Adapter (At least $5.99 on amazon) to replace a 9V Battery , and the Lcd1602 module come with pin header(not need to be soldered by yourself).
- Include High Quality Base Board base on Arduino UNO R3 compatible with Arduino IED and Sensors, Servo, Motor, ULN2003 driver board, lcds, etc.
- Free PDF Tutorial and Datasheet are available to download from our official website or you can contact our customer service.
- All of the Components and Integrated Circuits are individually packaged and labeled, and packing in a plastic box which is bigger enough for you.
- 【More than 28 Lessons】 Free PDF tutorial or easy to visit it on the mega cloud drive;
- 【DIY More Projects with Fun】It’s a good way to learn programming language in projects for beginners or hobbyists;
- 【Soldered Components】 LCD1602, Ultrasonic distance sensor and Touch sensor modules with pin header, which don’t need to solder by yourself;
- 【Come with 9V 1A Power supply】 The all projects could finish by USB, it’s a complete kit for you;
- 【Lifetime Warranty】You Can Get Miuzei Friendly Customer Service, Lifetime Efficient Friendly Customer Service Support and 18- months No Reason to Return and Refund.
- Perfect choice for beginners to learn, electronics and program.
- This kit with tutorial user manual containing more than 20 lessons,code,Libraries, datasheets, and so on.
- 100% Compatible with program.
- Inlcude type motors and LCDs with servo motor, stepper motor and DC Motor; LCD 1602, LCD 4-bit 7-segment Display etc.
- LCD 1602 module with pin header (not need to be soldered by yourself)
Buying Guide to Select the Best Arduino Starter Kits
If instead, you want to go straight to the point and understand how to choose a good Arduino kit according to your personal needs, then rely on our ranking, where we have compared three of the best offers currently available online, both in terms of quality and price.
The Arduino Project
Arduino is a modular hardware platform for the rapid creation of prototypes of small devices, such as microcontrollers, sensor groups, actuators and communication interfaces with other methods; it is intended for artists, designers, hobbyists and anyone interested in creating interactive objects or environments, it is also useful for kids who study electronics and for anyone who wants to take their first steps in a last-generation electronics sector.
The project was born in Ivrea, Italy, and is based on a card capable of interacting with the environment in which it is located by receiving information from a wide variety of sensors and using it to control lights, motors, and other specific actuators.
The board is supplied as part of an Arduino starter kit to be assembled, or already assembled. At the same time, the software is open source and therefore is provided in the starter kit, or it is possible to download it for free directly from the internet.
The Original Starter Kit
The starter kit offers, first of all, a documentary part, in paper or PDF format, containing a guide with information, tutorials, tutorials, projects, and introductions to programming with source code.
The original Arduino kit has the advantage of offering this documentation entirely in Italian, in the form of 170-page paper support, which includes a very comprehensive guide and 15 projects to be used to practice.
The remaining part of a starter kit consists of all the electronic components needed to carry out the associated projects.
The original Arduino kit is the one that offers the complete equipment since it also includes components that are not limited to those required by the projects in the documentation.
It is good to remember that the electronic components, the packaging, and the documentation, which constitute an original Arduino kit, have a high level of quality; consequently, the price is also higher than the Arduino clone kits.
The Clone Starter Kits
The Arduino clone kits, on the other hand, have the advantage of being much more advantageous from an economic point of view, but are conditioned by some limitations compared to the original; restrictions that may vary depending on the model and the company that produces the kit.
First of all, it must be said that the quality of the electronic components offered by some Arduino clone kits, even if it does not reach that of the original, is still of a right level.
It is more likely, however, that there are clone kits in which only some of the components are of poor quality, while everything else is excellent.
Another limitation that afflicts Arduino clone kits concerns the documentation; the latter is supplied directly in PDF format on a CD, if not even available only for free download from the network.
Also, only the best of the Arduino clone kits offer an Italian translation of the guides and tutorials that is clear and understandable, all the others have documentation exclusively in English.
Some Notes on The Arduino Platform
Perhaps not everyone knows that the name Arduino derives from that of an Ivrea bar, which the designers of this system used to frequent.
Arduino is a project conceived and developed in 2003 by some members of the Interaction Design Institute, a post-doctoral training institution based in Ivrea, founded by the companies Olivetti and Telecom Italia.
In this case, it is a hardware platform based on a printed circuit that integrates a microcontroller with pins connected to the I / O ports, a voltage regulator, and, when required, a USB interface that allows communication with a computer used for programming.
An integrated multi-platform development software then accompanies this hardware platform that is compatible with Linux, Apple Macintosh, and Windows.
The primary purpose of the Arduino platform is to carry out rapid prototyping functions and is intended above all for an educational, hobby, and professional goals.
The K010007 is the original Starter Kit produced by Arduino, and its hardware components have the advantage of being entirely made in Italy by the Smart Projects company. In contrast, the clones, by far cheaper, can be made by anyone and anywhere in the world.
The original components, of course, guarantee a higher quality level. Moreover, the kit also offers the additional advantage that all the documentation included, therefore the guide with the instructions plus the initial plans for the first exercises are present in Italian.
The content of the kit is redundant, that is, the various components included are in higher number than those required by the projects contained in the guide.
It consists of multiple phototransistors, potentiometers, braided and stranded jumper cables, capacitors, diodes, resistors of various types, LEDs and much more besides the Arduino UNO R3 board of course.
Ideal for Beginners, Students, and Hobbyists
The kit is designed especially for beginners, for students of industrial technical institutes and hobbyists. The guide, in fact, even according to the testimonies of the buyers, is done very well and is extremely clear and understandable.
The only limitation is given by the included projects, however, which being made by different authors, including foreign ones, are not always well translated when it is the case. Those of greater complexity also report some errors which, to be noticed, require a more profound knowledge of electronics.
Elegoo Uno R3 Project
Elegoo UNO R3 Project is one of the cheapest Arduino kits available on the market and also one of the most complete in terms of equipment.
It is a starter kit for beginners based on the new UNO R3 card and accompanied by a free tutorial, available in PDF format, supplied in the package on CD support that also includes the codes and libraries.
All the electronic components of the project, of course, are included in the kit; these also include LEDs of different colors, a 1602 LCD, infrared emission and reception modules, transistors, photocells, potentiometers and much more.
The maximum input voltage of the power supply module of the card is 6.5V-9V, and you must be careful not to exceed this threshold, in order not to run the risk of burning it. According to the buyers, it is a complete kit of excellent quality, but the instructions in Italian are translated poorly.
According to the opinions of the buyers, the Elegoo kit stands out for being one of the most complete in terms of accessories; moreover, given the low cost, it also offers excellent value for money.