The following guide has been prepared to provide you with accurate and precise purchasing advice, so that you can consciously choose a spray paint gun, also comparing prices. Users who have never used such a tool could find themselves displaying features that are difficult to understand.
We, therefore, invite you to read our article calmly to get closer to this category of products and which also includes the review of the most exciting models.
The savviest users, who already know the market well, can rely on our table and immediately choose, without any waste of time, the product that best reflects their needs. Here we will be listing the top 12 best automotive paint guns.
- Package Include: 1 x Spray Gun; 1 x 1.4mm Nozzle; 1 x 1.7mm Nozzle; 1 x 2.5mm Nozzle (1 nozzle was pre-installed to the spray...
- This spray gun set is designed to provide equal atomization and partical size for all kinds of surface painting.
- It has control knobs for full adjustment over spray pattern, fluid control and air pressure. Contains 1.4mm/1.7mm/2.5mm stainless...
- Light weight, ergonomic design and easy trigger pivot reduces operating fatigue.
- Ideal for spraying base coats, clear coats and other high viscosity coatings such as extreme high build or polyester primers,...
- Package Dimensions : 12.19 L X 30 W X 31.6 H (Cm)
- Made In Taiwan
- Product Type:Auto Accessory
- Package Weight: 2.53 Kilograms
- [High Volume Low Pressure]: Top of the line sprayer for small to mid-sized projects in automotive parts, woodwork, and home...
- [Spray With Precision]: Minimized overspray produces detailed results and a fine finish. Reduced pressure helps increase the...
- [Lightweight Balanced Handle]: Gun body is made from high quality stainless steel and is anodized to prevent surface corrosion....
- [Additional Components]: Includes a 20 ounce plastic paint cup, 1/4-inch swivel air hose inlet, spanner, steel brush, and an...
- [INTERTOOL has YOU Covered]: We are always available to quickly resolve any issue and answer to your needs. Our community is our...
- Helps You Do A Professional-Looking Powder Coating Job Right At Home
- Easy on-the-fly adjustment from 10-100KVs with a high voltage power supply designed for multiple coats and quick coverage on large...
- Innovative Fogging Nozzle
- Perfect system for metallics, epoxy primers, clears, translucent, candies and more
- Rugged and reliable Main Control Unit and 3 Year Warranty, 90 Day Risk Free Trial
- PRECISION SPRAY PERFORMANCE: Delivers high transfer efficiency, a large adjustable fan pattern with smooth trigger pull
- KIT INCLUDES: 1 Spray Gun, 15 Gravity HVLP Atomizing Heads, 3M PPS Series 2.0 Spray Cup with 5 lids and liners
- REPLACEABLE NOZZLES: 5 each of quick-change replaceable atomizing heads in size 1.2, 1.3, 1.4; it’s like getting a brand-new...
- PAINT SAVINGS: Superior transfer efficiency, with up to 26% less material waste than leading metal spray guns, you can mix less...
- SPRAY A FULL RANGE OF AUTOMOTIVE COATINGS: Including solid colors, pearls, metallics, clearcoats, sealers and primers
- Auto Painting/Priming System
- Basecoat, Clearcoat and Topcoat Spray Gun
- Sealing and Priming Spray Gun
- This 2 Gun System is perfect for the Handyman, Craftsman, Hobbyist and the Do-It-Yourselfer!
- It allows you to Spray the Full Spectrum of Coatings for any size Project Large or Small.
- Spray the Full Spectrum of Coatings Using this Quality 3 Gun Set of High Performance HVLP Spray Guns. You Get All the Premium...
- Spray Base-coats, Clear-coats, Single Stages, Primers and More. Guns Provide Fully Atomized Spray Patterns, So You Can Achieve...
- The 1.4 mm Fluid Tip Gun is Ideal for Base-coats, Clear-coats and other Light to Medium Viscosity Materials.
- The 1.8mm Fluid Tip Gun is excellent for Primers, Oil Base, Latex, and other Medium to Heavy Viscosity Coatings. Use the 1.0 mm...
- Full One Year Warranty
- Adjustable spray pattern with air control valve
- LiME LiNE disposable paint cup adapter
- LiME LiNE 6 pack disposable lids and liners
- LiME LiNE Inline air filter
- HVLP Gravity Air Spray Gun: Professional HVLP spray gun set,which makes spraying more smooth and even, suitable for coatings...
- Hvlp spray paint gun is made of high quality alminum alloy,lightweight and compact for easy to carry. HVLP technology helps to...
- The Package Includes: 1 x Spray Gun, 1 x 1.4mm Nozzle, 1 x 1.7mm Nozzle, 1 x 2.0mm Nozzle, 1 X 600cc Cup, 1 X Brush, 1 X Spanner,...
- Adjustable: 1.4/1.7/2.0mm 3 size nozzles, easier to control, Adjust the spray cap to control the nozzle direction 360° direction...
- Our Advantages: This spray gun makes the spraying softer easily controlled and less overspray.Ideal for spraying basecoats,...
- HEAVY-DUTY PAINT SPRAYER: Each spray gun is a one-piece all-steel gun body, rust-resistant stainless-steel nozzle and solid brass...
- HIGH VOLUME LOW PRESSURE HVLP: The gravity-feed fluid delivery design smoothly feeds your paint sprayer and works together with...
- 1.3 MM NOZZLE: The color coded blue 1.3 mm nozzle size is perfect for clear coat and a variety of automotive and household...
- 600 CC CUP: Each 600cc (20.3 fl. oz) aluminum cup comes with lid, and each paint spray unit comes with a metal air...
- SPECIFICATIONS: This air spray paint gun’s operating pressure is 40 PSI; Working pressure is 10 PSI; Average air consumption is...
- Three year warranty on exceptionally reliable diaphragm pump
- Industrial strength polyethylene tank and it automatically cleans 2 guns and 2 cups, or 3 spray guns, in one minute
- For the exclusive use of either solvent or waterborne paint
- Safety lid shut-off switch
- Made in USA
Best Automotive Paint Guns Buying Guide
The paint guns are particularly useful tools both during hobby jobs and for jobs on a larger scale. Their simplicity of use and the precise effect without smudging and problems that the use of the brush presents make them enormously appreciated by users.
Given the size on sale on the market, we decided to create the following guide to help you choose the best paint gun, allowing you to find it among the products that users considered most efficient and that we have put in the ranking.
One of the qualities of the gun must be the ability to adapt to your needs. Some models allow this by replacing the nozzle from which the paint comes out.
The best paint gun, therefore, must have these accessories supplied to guarantee your use as immediate and straightforward as possible, at any time and on any surface.
Some, moreover, are equipped with particularly advanced technologies such as HVLP, which stands for high volume low pressure, to reduce the waste of paint by applying minimal pressure thus nebulizing the colour in small drops, or the so-called “Constant Feed,” to avoid that the paint spray stops and you risk damaging the surface of furniture or walls.
Sometimes also referred to as an airbrush, the paint gun must have dimensions suitable for the type of work to be carried out. Of course, a weapon for hobbyists must have small dimensions and a low weight; in this way, you will be able to use it at its best without straining your wrist.
If, on the other hand, you need to repaint ceilings, walls or furniture, you will need a slightly more substantial product. In any case, always keep an eye on the weight that ideally should always be under 2 kg.
Finally, a final detail to take into consideration, most of the spray guns have a tank with a capacity that is usually around 600 ml, more than enough for hobby use but not particularly suitable for those who have to carry out intensive and professional work.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Having to deal with paints, enamels and products that alter colours, it is good always to clean your paint gun properly to still maintain its efficiency over time. After using it, it is good to remove the tank to wash it thoroughly, following the instructions inside the package.
The nozzle is also critical, in order not to leave dry paints that could clog it, we invite you not to underestimate the cleaning of this component.
By following our advice on how to choose a good paint gun, we are sure you will be able to navigate the best products and select the best brands and best suited to your needs.
One of the essential characteristics to analyze when looking for a paint gun is the power in watts of the model. The wattage determines the effectiveness of the jet and its length.
So those who have to do very long or demanding jobs will have to opt for a paint gun with a good value. The best performing models arrive or exceed 650 watts, more than enough power to paint the rooms obtaining excellent results.
It should be noted, however, that the models of the best brand equipped with great power will usually have a higher price, so it is advisable to carefully evaluate the use that must be made of the gun to paint. In case you don’t need a too performing item, then it is better to buy a less expensive one and save.
The best paint guns can have different modes that make them versatile and practical so that you can meet various needs. Usually, the three main options of the best-selling models consist of horizontal, vertical and circular spraying, which can be alternated by changing the tool nozzle.
The nozzles are supplied with the product. Therefore you will not have to spend any more money to get them.
These modes allow you to alternate the spray and are ideal for precision work. The most technological paint guns have HVLP, a function that will enable you to reduce the waste of paint by 35%.
Those who have to paint floors and ceilings should buy a spray gun with the “ConstantFeed” function, which guarantees a constant flow and prevents the spray from being interrupted.
Handling and Cleaning
Before buying a paint gun, it is good to make sure that it is convenient and has a low weight, to be able to use it without straining your hand and wrist.
This is a feature to consider, especially if you have to deal with unusually long and heavy jobs, or perhaps if you have to repaint a ceiling, which may require more effort than a wall.
It is therefore right that even with the tank full of paint, the gun is still handy. Speaking of the container, once you have finished working, it will be appropriate to clean it thoroughly to make sure that the paint gun works correctly the next time you use it.
Usually, in the packaging of a model, you will also find different tools for cleaning and maintenance that will significantly facilitate the operation.
The airbrush proposed by FC has the indisputable advantage of being able to choose, before purchasing, what type of nozzle you want. You can, therefore, opt for the version with 1.4, 1.7 or 2 mm nozzle according to your needs.
The buyers claim that it is suitable for painting wood, ferrous and plastic material. However, it is not particularly ideal for painting ceilings since you will be forced to turn the instrument and the tank upside down, also in this case of 600 ml, it is not suitable for Watertight.
The price is not the lowest on our list. However, users appreciate the possibility of choosing the most suitable nozzle, preferring this product to those that offer only one option.
A small defect is a toothbrush supplied with the product for cleaning the tool. According to some users, it is not particularly useful and therefore advises to make a separate purchase to be sure of being able to carry out proper maintenance.
Among its various qualities, it is worth mentioning the possibility of choosing the size of the nozzle before purchase, among three versions: 1.4, 1.7 or 2 millimetres. This airbrush becomes very useful when you need to paint some types of material, such as wood, plastic, or ferrous based ones. It is not the cheapest model, but its quality is undisputed.