When you think of a doll, Barbie immediately comes to mind, and it’s almost automatic. It is one of the most iconic toys in the world. You or your friends will almost certainly have played with her.
The doll, which turns 60 in 2019, is known by all generations. Despite its long history, it has managed to adapt to the times.
Barbie has continuously reinvented herself. He has gone through more than 140 different trades, has changed his appearance, has traveled the world, and enlarged his family. Also, the brand paid attention to criticism and started producing Barbie with various bodies.
Right here we had selected some of the best barbie toys for you that are listed below.
- Kids can go camping anytime with the Club Chelsea camper doll and playset that offers transformation and lots of toy pieces,...
- Hitch the camper to the car, place Chelsea doll in the driver's seat and push to get rolling!
- Unhitch the camper to use the convertible car alone or to set up camp in an instant -- unlatch the camper's hook and open to...
- Use the campfire piece to set the scene; a guitar, 2 stools and 2 sticks with marshmallows inspire camp songs and stories.
- Two bunk beds with a ladder ensure sweet dreams on the road.
- With 10 surprises in 1 package, the Snowflake Sparkle Series of Barbie Cutie Reveal dolls deliver the cutest unboxing experience...
- Unbox the package to find a soft, plush husky puppy with tinsel fur!
- Lift the costume head to reveal a posable Barbie doll with long, icy blue hair and twinkle-shine face details.
- Open the 4 surprise bags to find clothes and accessories: a cool blue skirt, pair of blue boots, sponge-comb, puppy-ear headband...
- Kids can dress and accessorize Barbie doll by reversing the costume top to find a super-soft fleece jacket with wintry print in...
- Make a splash with Barbie Dreamtopia Twinkle Lights Mermaid Doll featuring a fantastical look and magical light-up feature!
- Dip Barbie mermaid doll in water to see her pearlescent tail light up in one of four colorful light shows!
- To bring the fun ashore, press the button on her bodice to experience the light shows without water.
- Barbie doll's fantasy look is complete with rainbow fins, a "pearl"-detailed bodice, pink-streaked hair and a princess tiara.
- With a fantastical light-up feature and so many sparkling details, this Barbie mermaid doll makes a great gift for 3 to 7 year...
- Young imaginations can take their stories off the beaten path with this all-terrain Barbie vehicle!
- With a cool, open-air look, this Barbie vehicle lets imaginations take Barbie doll and a friend (dolls sold separately) on a...
- Features a purple body, pink interior, silvery accents (like the grille and wheels) and tires that roll -push to start the fun!
- Barbie logo details and a personalized license plate add signature style.
- Adventurers 3 to 7 years old will love hitting the open road and veering off it to make their own path because with Barbie, you...
- This Barbie It Takes Two playset inspires outdoor adventures with Barbie "Malibu" and Barbie "Brooklyn" Roberts dolls, plus...
- The extra-large fabric tent fits 4 dolls and features an awning and super-cool string lights.
- Set up camp with a firepit, 2 folding chairs, a blanket and telescope!
- Say hello to 2 animal pals -press down on bunny's tail to see its ears wiggle, and press down on squirrel's tail to see it munch...
- Spark starry night camping stories with marshmallow roasters, a lantern, card game, flashlight, snack, 2 water bottles and 2...
- Barbie doll's adorable pet dog has puppies on the way, and kids can help welcome them with the Barbie Newborn Pups playset!
- Press down on mommy dog's back to help Barbie doll deliver a puppy, then press again to welcome 2 more!
- Fill the tub with ice-cold water, then dip the towel in and swipe it across the puppies to reveal a special birthmark on each!
- A puppy carrier has room for all three pups, so Barbie doll can care for them on the go.
- Expand storytelling with additional accessories including a bottle, two brushes, rope toy, two treats, a bag of dog food and a...
- Play out the perfect puppy play day with the Barbie Stroll 'n Play Pups playset that includes a Barbie doll, two pet puppies, a...
- There are two ways to travel: seat one puppy in the stroller and one in Barbie doll's handbag; or pull the front of the stroller...
- The stroller features a modern, colorful design and realistic details, like treaded rolling wheels, silvery accents, a hook for...
- Includes a handbag that can store accessories or transport a puppy, plus everything the pals need to play out feeding and playtime...
- Barbie doll is ready for a day of play in a striped t-shirt dress and pink sneakers
- You can be a baby doctor with the Barbie Baby Doctor playset!
- Includes baby doctor environment with Barbie Baby Doctor doll, 2 adorable baby doll patients and toy play pieces for examinations...
- Wearing light green "scrubs," and with a stethoscope around her neck, Barbie Baby Doctor doll is ready to take care of her baby...
- Toy play items include an examination table with lotion bottle and other accessories, overhead mobile and clear compartments for...
- Explore a world of creative play and storytelling fun with the Barbie Baby Doctor Playset!
- Young imaginations can make a splash with Barbie doll and her fun pool!
- Help Barbie doll climb the ladder and slide right in or lounge around in the built-in seating area.
- A colorful towel accessory, two cool beverages and built-in cupholders help set the scene for the perfect pool party.
- In bright swimwear with a flowery graphic, Barbie doll is ready for fun in the sun.
- Imaginations 3 to 7 years old can play out so many summertime stories with Barbie doll and her pool! Collect other Barbie dolls...
- Now you can make your pocket-sized puppies right at home with the Barbie Pet Dreamhouse Playset The Pet Dreamhouse Playset is...
- Set includes: two puppies, one dreamhouse one food dispenser with two bones, one frisbee, one hydrant, one pet convertible, and...
- Each pet stands 1” tall
- Perfect for both play and display
- Ages 3plus
- Hit the road to adventure with the Barbie Dream Camper featuring an epic slide, 7 play areas and everything imaginations need to...
- Rolling wheels and a 2-seater cab inspire fun travel play -load the RV up and push to get the story started.
- When they arrive at their destination, kids can open the camper up to reveal a kitchen, dining area, sleeping area, bathroom,...
- When they're ready to make a splash, kids can help their dolls climb the ladder, then send them down the slide and into the pool!
- Inspire exciting camping stories with over 60 accessories including a sheet of bumper stickers for fun customization, 2 pet...
- The Barbie pet boutique playset is an animal lover's dream with 4 pets, a grooming station, checkout counter and over 20 themed...
- The playset can transform in seconds -flip the counter up to reveal a sink where Barbie doll can groom her puppy.
- To activate the puppy's color-change feature, dip the included sponge in warm water and "wash" to take him from dirty to clean...
- The set features shelving and storage for accessories including treats, toys and grooming tools.
- Help Barbie doll shop for pet necessities or even adopt a new pal -additional pets include a kitten, hamster and turtle!
Things to Consider Before Buying Barbie Toys
Before buying a new Barbie, you should ask yourself what interests your daughter or loved one is for. It is essential to consider several aspects to make an informed purchase.
To help you choose, in this section, we will answer the most frequent questions asked by those who, like you, want to buy a Barbie.
At What Age Is It Recommended to Play with Barbie?
The play with these dolls is usually recommended for four years. At this stage, the boys and girls develop an incredible learning ability and are ready for more complex toys.
We do not recommend giving Barbie to children under four years of age, as they usually wear minimal accessories that pose a choking hazard.
Although initially designed for pre-adolescence, Barbies are preferred by girls between the ages of 5 and 8. When past this stage, they begin to lose interest and engage in other types of games and more elaborate activities.
What Are the Advantages of Playing with Barbie Dolls?
The game with the dolls falls into the category of “symbolic game” (in English pretend play). Symbolic play is spoken of when children imagine narratives or situations while they play.
This type of activity is an integral part of your little boy’s social and emotional development. Barbie dolls allow a particularly beneficial symbolic game:
Contributes to the development of social skills: Children simulate social situations from their point of view with their dolls. This allows them to practice communication, interact with other people, and develop empathy in a safe environment.
It stimulates the imagination and curiosity: the Barbie brand has tried to diversify their dolls in every way. This expands your children’s worldview. Barbie takes her slogan seriously and reminds girls that they can be anything they want.
Promote Responsibility One of the favorite parts of playing with dolls is taking care of them. Many little girls enjoy combing and dressing Barbie.
Accessories like Barbie’s House of Dreams are perfect for teaching how to keep order. Later, your daughter can practice what she has learned by organizing her own space.
Motivate the independent game: Barbies make the imagination fly easily. Thanks to this, there is no need to play with your daughter to maintain her interest. Children benefit from being the ones who run the symbolic game.
Not just for girls: Although girls are generally the most attracted to Barbie, many small boys also look for Barbie dolls during the game. If your child shows interest in dolls, don’t be alarmed. Children benefit from playing with dolls in the same way as girls.
The Barbie universe is immense, and if you happened to pass through the doll’s corridor in a toy store, you know that the pink sea can be overwhelming. We advise you to consider some essential purchase criteria before choosing the perfect Barbie.
- Physical aspect
- Interests of the girl or child
- Value for money
- Accessories and dimensions
Barbie is no longer just the very skinny blonde doll we remember from our childhood. The Barbie brand tries to represent more and more body types and skin colors, both in Barbie dolls and in Ken dolls. Your kids are sure to love playing with a Barbie they identify with.
Of course, your daughter or son doesn’t just play with dolls identical to her or him. Every child enthusiastically plays with all types of toys. However, the diversity of Barbies available is worth considering.
Interests of The Boy or Girl
A classic Barbie can be a lot of fun, but it is worth taking advantage of the thematic collections to give your little ones a doll based on their interests. There are endless accessories. So with a bit of research, you will undoubtedly find a doll in which your children are reflected.
If your child wants to be a chef, there are Barbies with kitchen accessories and pastries. For animal lovers, there is Barbie with dogs, cats, and even with farm and forest animals.
Instead, those who love fantasy characters can find princesses, fairies, and mermaids of stories in the Dreamtopia line. There is a perfect doll for all tastes.
Value for Money
Unlike other famous brands, Barbie toys have remained affordable without compromising the quality of the products. A simple doll without many accessories usually costs less than 20 euros. Packages with more elaborate accessories, such as career Barbies, cost around € 30.
Barbie game sets cost more. However, the brand produces several versions of houses that fit different budgets. The cheapest places can be obtained at around 45 euros. Iconic houses, like Barbie’s House of Dreams, can cost several hundred euros.
Accessories and Dimensions
Whoever buys a Barbie knows not to buy a simple doll, but to have in his hand a great variety of stories and situations to create and tell.
For this reason, the choice must unravel in an extensive range of typologies that must be able to adapt to the circumstances of both daily life and special occasions.
The search for the perfect Barbie, therefore, does not only concern her physical appearance, but also the set of accessories supplied with it: from clothes to jewelry, from pets to her home.
Yes, because the story of this icon has extended to such an extent that it is possible to recreate the entire family and friends by purchasing many other characters.
All Barbie brand toys are of similar quality. Products vary only in complexity and size. A simple doll without many accessories is usually very accessible and does not exclude fun.
The more elaborate figures, like career Barbies, cost a little more, but are accompanied by excellent accessories. There are classic accessories, such as Barbie’s home or camper.
The brand produces different versions that adapt to different budgets and needs. There are compact, portable, and cheap houses, which, however, serve to make the symbolic game even more complete.
To direct you more in the choice, it must be added that many models are temporary and specific; they can be designed to celebrate an anniversary or an event, or they can take on the characteristics of a character of the moment.
It’s up to you to decide which one to buy, based not only on the price but also and above all on the inclinations and tastes of your daughters.
Barbie is now 60 years old. The brand has been reinvented continuously during these six decades. Therefore, the dolls you played within your childhood are entirely different from the current dolls.
Every year Barbie produces new lines with different characters, new professions, accessories, and current fashionable outfits.
Your little girl will identify with the most modern since the accessories are similar to what she sees every day, for example, a small laptop or a cell phone.
For the nostalgic: the most iconic Barbies of our childhood are still on sale. Even the first Barbie from 1959 is still being produced and is being sold on Amazon.