When you think of a doll, Barbie immediately comes to mind, and it’s almost automatic. It is one of the most iconic toys in the world. You or your friends will almost certainly have played with her.
The doll, which turns 60 in 2019, is known by all generations. Despite its long history, it has managed to adapt to the times.
Barbie has continuously reinvented herself. He has gone through more than 140 different trades, has changed his appearance, has traveled the world, and enlarged his family. Also, the brand paid attention to criticism and started producing Barbie with various bodies.
Right here we had selected some of the best barbie toys for you that are listed below.
- Cha-ching! Ring up your customers in style with the new Barbie Cash Register! This fabulous register has so many fun features and accessories for little shop owners to play with.
- Calculator really works!
- Press the buttons for fun Barbie phrases and register sounds!
- Drawer pops out like a real register!
- Use the portable cell phone with play scanner for taking orders on the go!
- Transform the colorful Barbie DreamCamper into a campsite play set with the push of a button -the top pops up, the side pops out and the back expands to create a play space more than 2 feet long!
- The open side becomes a pool with a water slide and stairs that fold out to really make a splash!
- Use the interior to eat or sleep -pull up the two seats from the front cab to create chairs for the table or hook up the hammocks to let two sisters sleep under the stars.
- Two more beds mean Barbie doll and all of her sisters can hit the road together (dolls sold separately).
- The back of the camper holds a closet and bathroom with sink, shower and toilet on one side -on the other, is a kitchen with sink and refrigerator.
- Make a real splash with this magical light-up Barbie mermaid doll!
- Dip Barbie Rainbow Lights Mermaid doll into water to see her mermaid tail glimmer with colorful lights inspired by a sparkling rainbow!
- Press the button in Barbie doll’s necklace to switch her to “on” mode, and dip her into the tub or pool to activate the light show.
- Bring the magic ashore -you can push the button in the doll’s necklace to enjoy the light show without water.
- Rainbow fins, a “pearl”-details belt, pink-streaked hair and a princess tiara complete the head-to-toe magical mermaid look.
- Imaginations can take off to anywhere in the Barbie Dreamplane that doubles as a vehicle and a playset!
- More than 15 pieces -including a puppy travel companion -provide the ticket to fun!
- Push it on its rolling wheels to taxi on the runway.
- Open the top and side to reveal the inside and create a play space to play out the flight!
- There's a seat for the pilot and 2 more for passengers that have a TV screen and really recline, just like on a real plane (dolls sold separately).
- This Chelsea playset inspired by Barbie and Chelsea The Lost Birthday takes kids on a jungle river adventure packed with fun and animal friends!
- Fill the river with water, then send Chelsea doll and her animal friends swimming, sliding and floating around the island.
- Help Chelsea doll climb the tree and slide into the river or zipline to the other side -there are so many adventures to be had!
- An adorable baby monkey, elephant, tiger and parrot inspire sweet friendship stories, and a beverage and towel accessory add detail to playtime.
- Chelsea doll wears a colorful swimsuit and bends at the hips to sit comfortably in her floatie
- Barbie has added even more glitter and glam to her iconic look. Her thick, flowing blonde hair is perfectly highlighted with rooted tinsel and pink and blue highlights, making it perfect for brushing and braiding into trendy and creative designs
- 20-piece set includes: One Barbie Deluxe Glitter and Go Styling Head, one glitter comb, three customizable barrettes, nine plug-in gems, unicorn headband, one brightly colored hair extension, one nail wheel, nail stickers, and a rainbow sticker sheet.
- Barbie’s flowing blonde hair with rooted tinsel and pink and blue highlights are perfect for styling.
- Customize Barbie’s look with added accessories including barrettes, unicorn headband, plug-in hair extension, nail stickers, and holographic foil tattoos.
- Apply the holographic foil tattoos on Barbie or wear them yourself.
- When a glam girl needs to relax, she needs a glam getaway house!
- A latch and carrying handle means this getaway home is also the perfect house for a getaway of your own -take it on-the-go!
- Open and unfold to reveal a cute kitchenette, adorable bedroom and en suite bathroom.
- Colorful accessories engage girls’ decorating skills, while a unique feature keeps the pieces in place!
- French (Publication Language)
- Barbie doll loves animals so she's setting up a rescue center where they live to give them care!
- There are eight animal patients to care for: a fox, a deer, two squirrels, two bunnies and two owls
- The two-level care station is connected to a tree by a rope bridge that works with the animal-carrying basket
- The tree features lots of places for the smaller animals to rest, like the nest atop the leaves, trunk cubby holes and a platform among the branches.
- Barbie animal doctor doll's care station has fun elements like a thatch roof with Barbie logo on top, cool colors and decals and an animal bed below
- The Barbie Dreamtopia Brush n' Sparkle Unicorn adds magic to playtime with four different lights and sounds to add surprise and delight!
- Easy activation means kids can repeat the action over and over again for storytelling surprises and magical effect!
- There are two ways to play -brush the unicorn's long pink mane with the included brush or press the button on the unicorn's body; however, you do it, the effect is always magical.
- A shimmery white body with cut-out color-rimmed stars showcases the lights, while the pink mane and tail and blue hoofs add even more fantasy fun!
- With so many ways to play, the Barbie unicorn makes a great gift for kids, especially those who love unicorns, horses and all animals, fantasy or real!
- This Club Chelsea Carnival Playset sparks endless storytelling with 5 areas of play and large pieces with working features like a Ferris wheel, bumper cars, game booth, balloon stand and photo booth!
- Seat Chelsea doll and up to 2 friends (sold separately) in the Ferris wheel, buckle them in and give it a push to send them spinning!
- Colorful bumper cars feature realistic designs and rolling wheels -seat Chelsea doll inside and push to get the fun rolling.
- Head to the game booth and spin the wheel to win a prize, visit the balloon stand where colorful plug-and-play accessories are on display, and pop into the photo booth to capture a mermaid moment.
- Chelsea doll wears a striped top, removeable pink skirt and white shoes. Add a pair of sunglasses and a visor and start exploring!
- The Chelsea doll and Tiki Hut playset is a vacation oasis with so many ways to have fun on the sand -and with sand; a tub of moldable sand is included!
- Build a sand sculpture in the "sandbox" using the shovel and four molds that include a sand castle, a starfish, a turtle and a shell; the moldable sand will hold its shape until you take it down and start again -no need to wait for the tide
- When the sun gets too hot, grab a soft drink or icy treat at the counter -two of each are included!
- Or simply relax and get into the swing of vacation -the set has a chair swing that hangs from the hut's ceiling and a hammock that hangs between the Tiki Hut and the palm tree
- Chelsea doll is ready to dive into storytelling fun wearing a pink top with pineapple graphic, blue skirt with pineapple print and pink pineapple-inspired sandals
- Cook up fun with a baking play set featuring Barbie doll and an oven with magical fun -the timer dings, the door works, the pound cake and the cupcakes "rise" and the tops of the cupcakes have color-change icing!
- Additional accessories provide the ingredients to inspire the imaginations of young food lovers -a mixing bowl and spoon, a box of cake mix, a spatula and an oven mitt that fits Barbie doll's hand!
- Barbie has also partnered with Tynker to encourage hands-on exploration with its creative computing platform and inspire new ways to play, like using coding concepts to frost cupcakes and decorate cakes
- The playset baking action is easy to activate. Place the pan with the pound cake or the pan with the cupcakes into the oven and turn the timer to the right -the timer dings and the baked treat inside pops up!
- The pink and white oven features plug-and-play design and signature style -smaller accessories fit into pockets for stay-in-place play and easy clean up
Things to Consider Before Buying Barbie Toys
Before buying a new Barbie, you should ask yourself what interests your daughter or loved one is for. It is essential to consider several aspects to make an informed purchase.
To help you choose, in this section, we will answer the most frequent questions asked by those who, like you, want to buy a Barbie.
At What Age Is It Recommended to Play with Barbie?
The play with these dolls is usually recommended for four years. At this stage, the boys and girls develop an incredible learning ability and are ready for more complex toys.
We do not recommend giving Barbie to children under four years of age, as they usually wear minimal accessories that pose a choking hazard.
Although initially designed for pre-adolescence, Barbies are preferred by girls between the ages of 5 and 8. When past this stage, they begin to lose interest and engage in other types of games and more elaborate activities.
What Are the Advantages of Playing with Barbie Dolls?
The game with the dolls falls into the category of “symbolic game” (in English pretend play). Symbolic play is spoken of when children imagine narratives or situations while they play.
This type of activity is an integral part of your little boy’s social and emotional development. Barbie dolls allow a particularly beneficial symbolic game:
Contributes to the development of social skills: Children simulate social situations from their point of view with their dolls. This allows them to practice communication, interact with other people, and develop empathy in a safe environment.
It stimulates the imagination and curiosity: the Barbie brand has tried to diversify their dolls in every way. This expands your children’s worldview. Barbie takes her slogan seriously and reminds girls that they can be anything they want.
Promote Responsibility One of the favorite parts of playing with dolls is taking care of them. Many little girls enjoy combing and dressing Barbie.
Accessories like Barbie’s House of Dreams are perfect for teaching how to keep order. Later, your daughter can practice what she has learned by organizing her own space.
Motivate the independent game: Barbies make the imagination fly easily. Thanks to this, there is no need to play with your daughter to maintain her interest. Children benefit from being the ones who run the symbolic game.
Not just for girls: Although girls are generally the most attracted to Barbie, many small boys also look for Barbie dolls during the game. If your child shows interest in dolls, don’t be alarmed. Children benefit from playing with dolls in the same way as girls.
The Barbie universe is immense, and if you happened to pass through the doll’s corridor in a toy store, you know that the pink sea can be overwhelming. We advise you to consider some essential purchase criteria before choosing the perfect Barbie.
- Physical aspect
- Interests of the girl or child
- Value for money
- Accessories and dimensions
Barbie is no longer just the very skinny blonde doll we remember from our childhood. The Barbie brand tries to represent more and more body types and skin colors, both in Barbie dolls and in Ken dolls. Your kids are sure to love playing with a Barbie they identify with.
Of course, your daughter or son doesn’t just play with dolls identical to her or him. Every child enthusiastically plays with all types of toys. However, the diversity of Barbies available is worth considering.
Interests of The Boy or Girl
A classic Barbie can be a lot of fun, but it is worth taking advantage of the thematic collections to give your little ones a doll based on their interests. There are endless accessories. So with a bit of research, you will undoubtedly find a doll in which your children are reflected.
If your child wants to be a chef, there are Barbies with kitchen accessories and pastries. For animal lovers, there is Barbie with dogs, cats, and even with farm and forest animals.
Instead, those who love fantasy characters can find princesses, fairies, and mermaids of stories in the Dreamtopia line. There is a perfect doll for all tastes.
Value for Money
Unlike other famous brands, Barbie toys have remained affordable without compromising the quality of the products. A simple doll without many accessories usually costs less than 20 euros. Packages with more elaborate accessories, such as career Barbies, cost around € 30.
Barbie game sets cost more. However, the brand produces several versions of houses that fit different budgets. The cheapest places can be obtained at around 45 euros. Iconic houses, like Barbie’s House of Dreams, can cost several hundred euros.
Accessories and Dimensions
Whoever buys a Barbie knows not to buy a simple doll, but to have in his hand a great variety of stories and situations to create and tell.
For this reason, the choice must unravel in an extensive range of typologies that must be able to adapt to the circumstances of both daily life and special occasions.
The search for the perfect Barbie, therefore, does not only concern her physical appearance, but also the set of accessories supplied with it: from clothes to jewelry, from pets to her home.
Yes, because the story of this icon has extended to such an extent that it is possible to recreate the entire family and friends by purchasing many other characters.
All Barbie brand toys are of similar quality. Products vary only in complexity and size. A simple doll without many accessories is usually very accessible and does not exclude fun.
The more elaborate figures, like career Barbies, cost a little more, but are accompanied by excellent accessories. There are classic accessories, such as Barbie’s home or camper.
The brand produces different versions that adapt to different budgets and needs. There are compact, portable, and cheap houses, which, however, serve to make the symbolic game even more complete.
To direct you more in the choice, it must be added that many models are temporary and specific; they can be designed to celebrate an anniversary or an event, or they can take on the characteristics of a character of the moment.
It’s up to you to decide which one to buy, based not only on the price but also and above all on the inclinations and tastes of your daughters.
Barbie is now 60 years old. The brand has been reinvented continuously during these six decades. Therefore, the dolls you played within your childhood are entirely different from the current dolls.
Every year Barbie produces new lines with different characters, new professions, accessories, and current fashionable outfits.
Your little girl will identify with the most modern since the accessories are similar to what she sees every day, for example, a small laptop or a cell phone.
For the nostalgic: the most iconic Barbies of our childhood are still on sale. Even the first Barbie from 1959 is still being produced and is being sold on Amazon.