The chainsaw will be your best ally in any pruning and cutting operation. Whether it’s arranging garden hedges or cutting a trunk, this tool will save you time and pain in your arms. Modern machines have a lot of power and always better performances that will simplify your work.
Modern chainsaws are designed for all types of use. They offer different bar sizes, variable powers, and petrol or electric engines: there are chainsaws for every type of work and every type of price.
Here are the best chainsaws that are listed below.
- Cordless chainsaw comes with low kick back 12-inch bar and chain for construction and outdoor cutting applications
- Compact, lightweight design (just 9 lbs. with battery) of the battery chainsaw for maximum user control
- High-efficiency brushless motor of the battery powered chainsaw maximizes runtime and motor life
- Up to 90 cuts per charge on 4x4 pressure treated wood (using a 20V MAX* 5Ah battery)
- Tool-free chain tensioning and bar tightening knob for proper bar clamping force
- Mini Chainsaw: Ergonomic lightweight mini chainsaw. The mini chain saw adopts updated chip technology and high-quality gear design...
- Rechargeable Battery: mini chainsaw It is equipped with two 2 pieces of 24V-2000MAH rechargeable batteries. It only takes about...
- Multiple Safety Protections: 1:Equipped with a safety lock button to prevent accidental activation. 2: Equipped with a safety...
- Widely Used: Despite its small size and light weight, mini chainsaws are just as powerful and efficient as larger chainsaws. It...
- Easy to operate: There is no traditional need to twist screws, 6 simple steps to solve the trouble of replacing the chain, the...
- Best-in-Class Starting Performance - Variety of easy starting features, including Smart Start technology and air purge, for...
- Powerful and Efficient X-TORQ Engine - Powerful 40cc X-TORQ engine reduces emissions by up to 60% and increases fuel efficiency by...
- X-Cut chain is ready to supercharge your cutting work with sharpness straight out of the box that lasts longer before needing to...
- LowVib Technology - Dampeners between the engine and chassis significantly reduce vibrations so you can work more comfortably
- Air Injection Technology - Centrifugal air cleaning system expels larger dust and debris particles before they reach the...
- 40V 16” CHAINSAW – Perfect for homeowners that need to tackle yard projects, or storm clean-up
- TRUBRUSHLESSTM MOTOR TECHNOLOGY – 2 x more torque. Provides more power, longer runtimes, quiet operation, and extended motor...
- CHAIN BRAKE – for added safety and reduced risk of injury
- AUTOMATIC OILER – delivers proper chain lubrication and increased productivity
- PRO STYLE TENSIONING – for easy bar and chain maintenance
- Powerful performance: 15A electric chainsaw with integrated PowerSharp self-sharpening system. The perfect chainsaw for homeowners...
- Built-in PowerSharp self-sharpening system minimizes downtime by sharpening your chain in 3 to 5 seconds. Ergonomic design...
- Tensioning without tools: Allows you to adjust your chain quickly and easily so that you can maintain the perfect tension for the...
- Automatic lubrication: Automatic oiling system provides continuous lubrication to the bar & chain from the oil tank. It keeps the...
- Instant startup: Corded electric chainsaw gets to work immediately. Low noise: makes less noise than a gasoline chainsaw. No...
- 12A motor rotates the chain at up to 44 feet per second
- Lightweight design limits fatigue to the user
- Auto-oiling system lubricates itself to elongate the saw’s lifespan
- Tool-free chain changes make for easy and fast chain replacement
- Requires no gasoline for emission-free operation
- POWERFUL AS MONSTER: Super mini chainsaw 6 inch cordless is equipped with 880 watts high power motor & manganese steel chain, it...
- AUTO OILER-SYSTEM: The mini chainsaw cordless is equipped with auto chain lubrication system. Just pour oil (general motor oil)...
- 2 LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY: Equipped with 2 x 2000mAh removable & rechargeable batteries, the cordless mini chainsaw will finish all...
- 5 SECURITY DESIGNS: 1. Security lock prevents accidental activation (The security lock & start button need to be pressed...
- 365-DAY WARRANTY: Tietoc mini chainsaw adopts flame retardant & environmental protection materials, and has professional...
- 【Professional 28 inch gas chainsaw for cutting big wood】If you cut multiple full cords of wood annually this 28 inch chainsaw...
- 【Better performance for less money】Equiped with highest quilty key spare parts, like Japanese carburetor and spark plug,...
- 【Easy and convenient 】72cc full crank & excellent 2-cycle stroke air-cooled engine make this heavy duty chainsaw cuts fast...
- 【Ideal for tree pruning, yard cleanups and firewood cutting】 The 24 inch / 25 inch Chainsaw Bar and chain that NS872I equipped...
- 【Local Service】 1 Year warranty,If you encounter quality problems with the chainsaw, you can contact us and we will provide...
- MAKING GARDENING EASIER: 19.2FT/S high-efficiency pure copper motor is equipped with a 6-inch guide bar, cutting 6-inch diameter...
- ONE-HAND OPERATED: It weighs only 2.5 lbs, bid farewell to the oil chainsaw, and experience the convenience of the 6-inch mini...
- 5A-GRADE BATTERY: 2 X 21V large capacity battery can be recharged repetitively more than 300 times. With self-overload and...
- EASY TO CARRY & USE: The suitcase is small in size with a large capacity, perfectly accommodate all components. The chainsaw has...
- WIDE USAGE: Suitable for cutting wood, pruning branches, gardening, etc. It's the best chainsaw widely used in farms, gardens, and...
- 12'' CHAIN AND BAR: Low kick back and perfect for homeowners and occasional users
- BRUSHLESS MOTOR TECHNOLOGY: 2X more torque. Provides more power, longer runtimes, quiet operation, and extended motor life
- AUTOMATIC OILER: Delivers proper chain lubrication and increased productivity
- TOOL-LESS CHAIN TENSIONING: For easy bar and chain maintenance
- EASY TO USE: Push button start, no gas or fumes, no carburetor, no spark plug, and no starter rope
Buyer Guide to Choose Chainsaws
Chainsaws are tools made to help you avoid fatigue in forestry work. They are heavy tools that will help you cut, prune, and shoot down. Whether you want to cut wood or cut down a tree, chainsaws will be your best choice. Read on to find out all the answers to the most common questions.
What Is a Chainsaw?
The chainsaw, also called a mechanical saw, is a cutting machine made up of a set of cutting teeth applied on a chain that is activated using a motor. This action causes the chain to rotate at high speed. The chainsaw is intended for forestry work such as felling trees, pruning or cutting wood.
Chainsaws can have different types of engines. The most common are petrol or “two-stroke” ones. These engines require oil to lubricate the internal parts.
There are also chainsaws with an electric motor, usually equipped with a cable. The most modern models have lithium batteries and are lighter but less powerful.
What Parts Are a Chainsaw Made Of?
Chainsaws are made up of several pieces. On the one hand, we find the motor, which is the system that operates the cut by turning the chain.
Here it is important to focus on the CC and CV, as it is these that determine the cutting power of the tool. Other important parts are the bar and the chain, which have the task of cutting.
Below we show you a list of the most important parts of a chainsaw:
- Bar: it is the support on which the chain turns. There are different bar sizes; each model supports a particular size. We recommend checking the technical characteristics and not using a size not supported by the chainsaw.
- Lubrication System: prevents the chainsaw from overheating. There are two lubrication systems: that of the chain and that of the engine. In models with a petrol engine, this must always be well lubricated.
- Chain Tensioner: this is a system that keeps the chain taut. If the chain is loose during cutting, it could come off and cause accidents.
- Speed Control: a command, normally located on the left side, which allows you to control the speed and acceleration of the chainsaw.
- Chain Protection: a very important safety system. If the chain breaks suddenly, this system will withdraw it inside the housing. It is usually combined with protection for the left hand.
- Chain Brake: a special brake that stops the tool in case of kickback.
How Do You Adjust the Chainsaw Carburetor?
Most chainsaws have their carburetor adjustments, which allow you to establish a mixture of air and fuel they need. These configurations allow you to adjust the idle speed and the RPM (revolutions per minute). Even if the chainsaw is already configured in the factory, sometimes you will need to reset it.
If the chain moves at idle speed or stops working, you will need to reset the settings. You will also need to adjust the carburetor if it is slower after choking. Before configuring it, you will always have to clean the air filter and the silencer. Below we explain the steps to follow:
- Turn on the chainsaw and let the engine warm-up.
- Look for the carburetor adjustment screws. These have labels with letters: H, L, and LA. Screw “H” adjusts the air-fuel mixture at high speed. The “L” regulates the mixture at low speed, and the “LA” regulates the speed of the minimum speed.
- Check the air filter. It must be clear: if it isn’t, change it. Also, check the spark filter in the silencer and make sure it is clean. If it is in a bad state, replace it.
- Turn the screw “H” to the left with a small flat screwdriver. You shouldn’t do more than 3/4 turn. Turn the screw “L” to the right until it stops and then to the left for 1/4 of a turn.
What Are the Best Chainsaw Brands?
The best brands manufacture better quality products. They use the best materials, exploit the most modern technologies and functions, and offer the best after-sales services.
Often, at the time of our purchase, we forget the importance of this factor. But having spare parts, accessories, and maintenance service are essential.
One of the most prestigious brands in the production of chainsaws is Stihl: its models are among the best that can be found on the market, even if a little more expensive than the others.
Husqvarna is another classic brand, offering a wide variety of models, sizes, and performances. Other well-known brands are Bosch, Black & Decker, Green cut, and Makita.
What Care Does the Chainsaw Require?
A fundamental aspect of the chainsaw is its maintenance. If you want to use it for a long time, you will need to take into consideration some aspects related to care and to clean. This is the only way to extend the life of your chainsaw. Here are some tips for its maintenance:
- Clean the chain after each work session.
- The chain must always be sharp. Check your teeth and sharpen them periodically.
- Two-stroke petrol engines must always be well lubricated. Change the oil when necessary.
- Always keep the chain lubricated and ready to cut. Like the engine, the chain also needs clean oil to function properly.
- Each chainsaw supports a bar and chain length appropriate to its power. Any change will affect its performance. If you use a longer bar, the machine will lose speed and power in the cut. If you use a shorter bar, it will turn a lot, and, in this case, too, it will lose power.
- You must always keep the filters of the machine clean.
- Whenever you use the chainsaw, you will need to check the chain tension. If it is very tense, it could break; if it is very lost, it could release.
- If the saw teeth are very worn or you notice that the chain is very damaged, you need to replace it with a new one.
- In petrol models, it is important to check the condition of the spark plugs of the engine. Make sure they are clean and in good repair.
What Are Special Features Important in A Chainsaw?
Some chainsaw models have special features and functions that make them a better choice than others. Most models on the market have easy starting.
This system allows you to start the machine quickly and easily, avoiding having to jerk the rope too hard. Also, the engine will not throttle.
Some chainsaws have self-lubricating systems for the chain, which avoids having to pay constant attention to changing the oil.
Another important element is the chain tensioner: some models allow you to stretch and change the chain without the need for any additional tools. Another interesting function is the absorption of the vibrations of the handles.
What Care Does the Chainsaw Chain Require?
The chain is one of the most important parts of your tool. To sharpen the chain, you will need a hand sharpener or an electric sharpener.
It is very important to keep the chain sharp and aligned. Also, as we said earlier, you must always check the tension and keep it in optimal condition to prevent it from breaking or coming off.
To sharpen your teeth, you will need to put the chainsaw in a sharpening vise or secure it to prevent it from moving. Engage the chain brake so that it does not slide off and adjust the calibrator so that the threads point towards the bar.
Place the sharpener at right angles with the rollers and sharpen each tooth with a light passage.
What Safety Measures Do I Have to Respect when Working with A Chainsaw?
The chainsaw is an engine that drives a chain equipped with numerous blades. It is an elementary and very functional idea. Over time, various security systems have been added because it is a dangerous tool.
Below we explain in detail the safety measures to be adopted for the use of the chainsaw:
Always use protective gloves, safety glasses, helmet, and ear protectors.
- If possible, use protective clothing such as trousers and overalls.
- Keep the tool clean and ready for use at all times.
- Always use the chainsaw when you are alone. There must never be anyone within the range of the instrument.
- If you have to move, always keep the chainsaw off and the bar in the special case.
- Hold the tool with both hands.
- While working, the machine must always be accelerated.
- If possible, work with the bottom of the bar, with the chain sliding backward.
On the market, there is a great variety of types and models of chainsaws. The power, weight, and dimensions of the bar are characteristics to be taken into consideration.
To carry out the work in the best way, it will be necessary to have a suitable chainsaw. If you want to choose the best one, you simply need to focus on the following purchase criteria:
- Type of wood and uses
- Length of the bar
- Weight of the chainsaw
- Frequency of use
- Quality and guarantee
- Transmission and security
Type of Wood and Uses
The type of wood you need to cut will affect your purchase decision, as well as how you count on using the chainsaw.
Cutting light and thin wood in your garden or cutting down a tree during forestry work is not the same thing. Before choosing, you will need to be clear how you will use your chainsaw and what types of wood you will need to cut.
Always opt for an instrument with the power needed for the job you need to do. If you have to carry out demanding jobs, on hardwood and every day, choose a model with a petrol engine.
On the contrary, if the chainsaw will serve you only occasionally or for the garden, we advise you to choose an economic one with an electric motor.
Length of The Bar
The length of the bar is another important factor in the purchasing decision. The size of the bar will determine the diameter of the logs and the size of the trees you can cut.
A longer bar will allow you to cut down large trees and larger trunks. On the contrary, the tool will weigh more and be more uncomfortable.
If we don’t need to cut big trees, we can use smaller bars. They are those usually found on the cheapest and electric powered chainsaws. They are ideal for housework, such as caring for the garden, cutting wood, or pruning hedges. They are lighter, and you can work with one hand.
Weight of The Chainsaw
The weight of the chainsaw is another important aspect to consider when making your purchase. The lighter it will be, the more comfortable it will be to use.
Light machines are ideal for those who have never used a chainsaw because they are more comfortable and absorb vibrations, to get used to their use more easily.
The problem with light chainsaws is that they are usually less powerful. More weight means more engine power, which will allow you to carry out more demanding jobs and harder wood.
If you have to carry out professional forestry work, you will have to opt for a heavy and well-balanced model that offers you greater stability.
Frequency of Use
It is very important to determine the frequency with which you will use the tool to choose more precisely a chainsaw that suits your needs.
Those equipped with an electric motor and battery-powered ones are ideal for occasional use. For example, to cut wood for the winter or to set up a small garden.
If instead, you will use it for more professional, forestry, and everyday jobs, it is better to choose models with a petrol engine. These chainsaws, although requiring more maintenance, are more powerful and durable.
If you take proper care of it, you can carry out any daily work, however hard or demanding it may be, without any kind of problem.
Quality and Guarantee
As with all tools, it is essential to choose a chainsaw produced by a reliable brand. The best manufacturers, such as Green cut or Husqvarna, offer excellent quality instruments, manufactured with the best materials. These machines have excellent features and the most innovative safety functions.
It is important to also focus on product warranty and after-sales service, to have accessories and spare parts in case of need. Again, the best brands offer the best services and guarantees. Not surprisingly, these tools have gained the trust of experts over the years.
The grip system is another of the deciding factors in your purchase decision. An uncomfortable handle will make it annoying to work with the chainsaw for a long time. If you are not used to it or have never used one, choose a model that has an ergonomic handle and incorporates quick on/off buttons.
Some electric motor models, being lighter, have soft and ergonomic handles. These chainsaws are very easy to handle and are ideal for housework. We recommend you choose models that have protection for the left hand, to avoid accidents.
Transmission and Security
Some models offer kickback protection. These and jolts are the main causes of accidents in the use of chainsaws. The protective devices prevent the occurrence of such accidents by stopping the chain immediately. This should be a key factor in your buying decision.
You should also focus on the chain transmission type. Normally, the transmissions are made of high-strength metal. In this way, wear is avoided, and the useful life of the instrument is extended.
The transmission will also equip the chainsaw with greater or lesser power, so you will have to choose the one that best suits your needs.