You’ve probably heard of the incredible benefits of chia seeds for lowering cholesterol and taking care of heart health. But are you sure you know all its properties? Do you know how to use them to make the most of their nutritional and functional value?
In addition to being essential ingredients in a cardioprotective diet, these seeds offer other advantages ranging from facilitating weight loss and regulating intestinal function to reducing blood pressure and delaying aging.
Here we had selected some of the best chia seeds that are really high in nutrition.
- NUTRIENT POWER: This omega powerhouse is full of other useful nutrients that will help men and women live a better life. In every serving of our chia seeds, you’ll find many nutrients, including omega-3, and fiber, making it a great bonus to any protein shake or juice. Because it is flavor neutral, you can add it to drinks and shakes of all flavors without them clashing.
- SIMPLY ORGANIC: Our Organic Chia Seeds are gluten-free, nut-free, low-carb, non-GMO, making them a great addition to your pantry, no matter your dietary restrictions. Whether you’re vegan, vegetarian, eating Keto or Paleo, or following another strict food regiment, you can easily incorporate this nutritious seed into your diet.
- WITH OMEGA-3 & MORE: Chia seeds are loaded with 5350mg of omega-3, 10g of fiber, which is 7% of the DV recommended amount for fiber! In the ancient Mayan language, the word “chia” meant strength, so the name speaks for itself. Our Organic Chia Seeds can also be used as an egg replacement in any meal! Simply mix 1 tbs. of chia seeds with 3 tbs. of water and let sit for 5 minutes.
- FLAVOR NEUTRAL FAVORITE: Chia seeds are a kitchen essential that many people don’t know about. You can add chia seeds to just about any food without having to worry about it upsetting the flavor of your dish. Because they are tasteless, you can use chia seeds to add texture to your food without drowning out the original flavor of your dish.
- BLEND, BAKE, OR SHAKE: When it comes to the uses for our chia seeds, the possibilities are endless! Mix into baked goods like bread and muffins to add a little added crunch of protein and fiber. You can also sprinkle the seeds as a topping on some yogurt, pudding, salads, oatmeal, granola, or cereal for a satisfying snack!
- NUTRIENT-DENSE SUPERFOOD - rich in omega-3 fatty acids, fiber, protein, iron and antioxidants
- NEUTRAL TASTE - chia seeds are virtually tasteless and can be added to your favorite foods. For added texture and protein, we recommend sprinkling chia seeds over oatmeal or adding them to smoothies, salads or yogurt for a satisfying and filling snack.
- HYDROPHILIC PROPERTIES - these mighty seeds hold up to 12x their weight offering powerful thickening abilities. Make a vegan egg substitute using 1 tablespoon of chia seeds to 3 tablespoons of water.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL DIETS - this omega powerhouse supports all dietary restrictions considering they are gluten-free, vegan, nut-free, raw, low-carb and paleo-friendly.
- 100% ALL NATURAL, CERTIFIED ORGANIC AND NON-GMO - Viva Naturals chia seeds are sustainably sourced premium quality seeds, offering impeccable nutrition, taste and versatility. Free from unwanted additives and harmful ingredients, our unrefined chia seeds allow you to reap the full benefits of this ancient superfood.
- TOP-QUALITY BLACK SEEDS WITH SMOOTH, RICH TASTE: Roots Circle chia seeds are carefully washed and packed in a nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free facility. We remove any bitterness and gritty byproduct, bringing you pure seeds that absorb easily when mixed with liquid.
- NATURALLY RICH IN ALL ESSENTIAL DAILY NUTRIENTS: 100% natural and raw, each serving of chia seeds packs the recommended daily amounts of multiple vitamins—an excellent source of plant-based protein that tastes great cooked, soaked, mixed or ground.
- FLAVOR NEUTRAL & EXTREMELY VERSATILE STAPLE: No pantry is complete without our mild, antioxidant-laden, ready-to-eat seeds. Sneak them into your children’s smoothies, cookies, muffins, yogurt, overnight oats, acai and protein bowls for a powerful nutrition boost.
- 8X MORE OMEGA 3 FATTY ACIDS THAN SALMON: Beyond keto, paleo and whole30 friendly, chia is an essential building block of bone, muscle, cartilage, skin and blood thanks to its high calcium, magnesium, iron, omega 3, zinc, B1, B2, B3, protein and fiber content.
- 32OZ AIRTIGHT CONTAINER MAINTAINS FRESHNESS: Our chia seed bulk pack comes in a stable square container with a comfortable side grip, wide mouth and thick airtight cover. Easily flip the lid to scoop out or refill, and lock freshness back in with a simple press.
- Named after the Mayan word for “strength," the tiny chia seed is a substantial source of protein, fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants!
- A good source of magnesium, calcium and iron, Navitas Organics Chia Seeds also provide 11% DV fiber and 2g protein per serving.
- Chia Seeds are abundant in omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3's are are revered for their anti-inflammatory properties and essential for optimal functioning.
- Make chia pudding (the tiny seeds expand when soaked) or add to salads, oatmeal, dips, smoothies, and baked goods.
- USDA Organic, Kosher, Non-GMO, vegan, gluten-free, 19 Servings.
- NUTRIENT DENSE: Rich source of protein, antioxidants, essential omega-3 fatty acids, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and fiber. Can be consumed and digested whole.
- PREMIUM DIET COMPATIBILITY: An ideal addition to vegetarian, vegan, whole food, paleo, ketogenic, and gluten-free diets.
- VERSATILE INGREDIENT: Add a healthful gourmet flair to salads, snacks, soups, and baked goods, or soak them for a satisfying pudding or gel.
- COMMITMENT TO QUALITY: Nutiva partners with organic farmers to source the world’s finest chia seeds and stringently adheres to USDA certified organic and non-GMO guidelines to deliver superfood that is good for you and good for the planet. We test our chia seeds beyond organic standards to deliver the best available.
- EASY TO USE PACKAGING: Nutiva Organic, non-GMO, Raw, Premium (Black/ White/ Ground) Chia Seeds arrive ready in easy to use, resealable, BPA-free packaging.
- ✅【100% NATURAL SEEDS】Wunder Basket Chia Seeds are 100% organic and pure, free of additives, chemicals, gluten, and other harmful ingredients (Unlike Cheap Chia Seeds Out There). Our USDA certified black chia seeds are freshly harvested in its season from one source to ensure you get the same premium quality every time you order our non-GMO chia seeds, and packaged in resealable packets to maintain their freshness for a long time.
- ✅【PACKED WITH NUTRIENTS & ANTIOXIDANTS】Our Organic Chia Seeds deliver the maximum amount of nutrients & antioxidants with minimum calories, they are packed with Omega 3 that may help raise the good HDL cholesterol, they contain dietary fiber that promotes digestive health, protein that helps build muscle tissue, antioxidants that reduce free radical damage and prevent premature aging of skin!, and also packed with vitamin D and minerals like calcium, iron, potassium, and magnesium.
- ✅【SUITABLE FOR ALL TYPES OF DIETS】Wunder Basket Healthy Chia Seeds can be easily Incorporate Into your diet with no worries, they are suitable for all dietary restrictions such as vegan, nut-free, raw, low-carb, kosher, keto & paleo. These premium seeds When soaked in water will swell up to 20 times their volume which will hydrate your body, help regulates blood sugar level, and promote a fuller feeling to curb your appetite (A Chia Seed That You Can Really Count On For Healthy Digestive System)
- ✅【PERFECT FOR ALL RECEIPES】 Our Whole Black Seeds are ready to be included in all your recipes due to their flavorless properties, & they don't need to be ground like flax seeds which makes them much easier to prepare. You can add our seeds to your meals with any shape or form to boost their nutritional value, you can sprinkle them on top of oatmeal, cereal, baked goods, yogurt, salads, eggs, granola bar, or rice, and can be used as a thickener in smoothies, pudding, jam, jellies, porridge.
- ✅【100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED】Order Wunder Basket Chia Seeds now with Risk-Free, we assure you that you will love the quality and purity of our chia seed supplement (You will be Amazed). If you aren't in love with our superfood seeds contact us & we will do our best to make you more than happy. SO, DON'T WASTE MORE OF YOUR VALUABLE TIME AND TAKE THE RIGHT DECISION AND ORDER OUR ORGANIC CHIA SEEDS & YOU WON'T REGRET IT!
- Flax Chia
- Gluten Free
- USDA Certified Organic, Earth Kosher, Non-GMO, Raw, Gluten Free, and Vegan Friendly.
- We source only the cleanest chia seeds that are debris free, and fresh, directly from the growers.
- Chia seeds are a great source of calcium, healthy omega fats, protein, antioxidants, and dietary fiber.
- Terrasoul Superfoods sources the freshest and highest quality superfoods from all over the planet. Our mission is to make these amazing, healthy foods available to you at the lowest prices possible while paying our growers and employees fair wages.
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee - We stand behind our products and offer a 30-day money back guarantee, backed by an outstanding customer service team.
- Ground chia seeds, a nutritional powerhouse used by ancient Aztecs and Mayans
- Good source of ala omega-3 essential fatty acid that helps support heart health
- 4 grams of dietary fiber per serving
- Higher in antioxidant activity than blueberries
- Neutral flavor means chia seeds can be easily blended into smoothies or your other favorite foods without affecting the taste
- Suncore Black Chia Seeds – 15oz
- Organic | Gluten Free | Non-GMO | No Preservatives | Raw
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Chia Seeds
What Exactly Are Chia Seeds?
Chia seed (Salvia hispanica L) is a millennial food that was used by the Aztecs and Mayans for its nutritional and medicinal properties. These seeds are very small, oval, and grayish brown.
On average, 100 grams provide:
- 550 calories
- 12-16 grams of complex carbohydrates, slow absorption
- 28-32 grams of dietary fiber, mainly insoluble
- 20 grams of excellent quality protein
- 34 grams of fat (Omega 3 alpha-linolenic and Omega 6 linoleic)
- No cholesterol, like all plant-based foods
- Minerals: calcium, iron, zinc, potassium, magnesium, copper, phosphorus
- Antioxidants: flavonoids, chlorogenic acid, and caffeic acid
As a result of scientifically proven benefits after regular consumption of chia seeds, supplements in the form of powder, capsules, and oil have been developed to facilitate their consumption. In this way, certain nutritional principles are concentrated to achieve certain health effects.
What Are the Advantages of Daily Chia Consumption?
Chia is a natural treasure for health. Its properties improve the functioning of various organs of the body:
- Heart: lower risk of heart attack and arrhythmias.
- Blood vessels: reduce blood pressure, blood sugar, and cholesterol levels. The excess of these values damages the structure of the blood vessels and is considered a risk factor for the development of heart and brain diseases, as well as for circulatory problems (varicose veins, cellulite, venous thrombosis).
- Brain: decrease in the incidence of cerebrovascular problems (CVA) and neurodegenerative diseases, such as Alzheimer’s disease. Cognitive function improvement.
- Skin: delays cellular aging of the skin and, consequently, improves the appearance and reduces the formation of wrinkles.
- Intestine: helps treat constipation and acts as a prebiotic, “nourishing” the normal and healthy bacterial flora present in the intestine.
- Stomach: it stays in the stomach for a long time and occupies a lot of volumes, which translates into a greater sensation of fullness and less appetite.
- Bones and joints: excellent calcium intake to strengthen bones and promote bone mineralization. Omega 3s have anti-inflammatory properties and help reduce joint inflammation and pain.
- Liver: prevents and assists in the treatment of non-alcoholic fatty liver.
Can Chia Seeds Help You Lose Weight?
Chia is a great ally for losing weight because it reduces appetite, but again, it all depends on how you consume it. Capsules and oil do not have the satiating power of whole seeds and powder.
This slows down digestion and makes the person who has consumed it satisfied for several hours, without the desire to “spiccato” food between meals. It is essential to accompany the intake of chia with plenty of water to promote the formation of gel in the stomach and take advantage of its satiating ability.
Why Is It Said that Chia and Its Supplements Are Cardioprotective?
The cardioprotective effects of this seed and its supplements are due to two groups of nutrients:
- Omega 3 and 6: both omega 3 and omega 6 have a lipid-lowering effect. That is, they reduce blood cholesterol levels.
- Omega 3: has other beneficial functions for the heart, i.e. it reduces the risk of arrhythmias and triglycerides and prevents the formation of clots.
- Antioxidants: flavonoids, chlorogenic acid, vitamin E, and caffeic acid are powerful antioxidants present in chia seeds. They neutralize the free radicals that generate oxidative damage in the cells of the heart and blood vessels.
Is It Possible to Replace Omega 3 in Fish with Omega 3 in Chia Seeds?
This is a very common belief, but the answer is NO. There are different types of omega 3 fats: chia contains alpha-linolenic acid (ALA), while bluefish (sardine, herring, salmon, mackerel) provides docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) and eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA). All three are essential and do not replace each other.
What Is the Best Way to Use Chia to Improve the Appearance of The Skin?
The maximum benefits of chia to delay the cellular aging of the skin are obtained by consuming the whole seed or in powder form, since both retain all the antioxidant compounds:
- Vitamin E (tocopherol)
- Chlorogenic acid
- Caffeic acid
The latter two are used in facial rejuvenation treatments. Undoubtedly, aging is a natural and irreversible process, but it is also true that this process is accelerated by oxidative stress, by a poor quality diet, by a sedentary lifestyle, by environmental pollutants and smoke.
Are Chia Seeds Recommended for Treating Constipation?
Chia seeds, whole or crushed, are rich in insoluble and soluble fiber. The insoluble fiber is found in greater proportion and is responsible for the increase in intestinal peristalsis (movement) and the acceleration of the evacuation of the stool.
For its part, the soluble fiber of chia absorbs a large amount of water and gel, providing moisture to the fecal material, thus facilitating its expulsion. This type of fiber represents a moderate intestinal stimulus, which prevents or treats constipation, without causing colic, swelling, or flatulence.
What Do You Mean When You Call Chia a Prebiotic?
Soluble chia fiber can be fermented by the bacterial flora of the colon (the last portion of the intestine), which stimulates the growth of beneficial bacteria and limits the development of pathogens. Therefore this seed can be considered a prebiotic.
The prebiotic activity of chia regulates the intestinal function and inhibits the growth of cancer cells in the colon. To take advantage of the prebiotic benefits of chia, it must be consumed whole or in powder form.
What Is the Recommended Daily Dose of Chia?
It is recommended not to exceed 20 grams of whole or dried chia seeds in the case of adults. Children older than 2 years can consume chia, but never in quantities greater than 5 grams per day.
An excess of chia can cause digestive discomfort (diarrhea, bloating, colic, flatulence, or pain) and some cases of itchy skin have also been documented. In relation to capsules and chia oil, it is advisable to consume 1 to 3 capsules per day and 1 tablespoon, respectively.
When Is the Best Time of Day to Consume Chia Seeds or Supplements?
There is no fixed time to consume chia, but in the case of supplements in capsules or oils, the habit of taking them every day at the same time is useful. For example, for lunch or dinner.
Why Is Chia Powder Recommended for Vegan Sportsmen?
Chia is food in all respects from a nutritional point of view, as it is composed of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals, calcium, potassium, and magnesium, which are essential for muscle function
Since vegans cannot consume whey protein, chia is often used in shakers for vegan athletes, as a pre or post-workout snack. In these cases, it is preferable that it is in powder form because it requires better digestive work and is assimilated more quickly than chia in whole seeds.