If you are looking for a PC microphone it is because you probably know that the one integrated into your computer cannot offer you great performances. Recordings of a personal or professional nature, as well as communications with other people, need the best equipment for them to function effectively.
In this guide, we will show you the best alternatives and tips to help you find the right PC microphone for you, according to your needs. A good choice, sooner or later, involves economic savings.
It also makes you waste less time, facilitates your conversations, and ensures greater sound quality in recreational activities and professional projects.
Right below we had listed out the best desktop microphones.
- ■ 360 Degree Position Adjustable Gooseneck Design --Adopting the design of metal gooseneck pipe pickup the sound from 360-degree with high sensitivity, in the best possible location for sound to your PC gaming,dragon voice dictation,and talk to Cortana
- ■ Mute Button & LED Indicator --One click to mute/unmute your microphone,Build-in LED indicator tells you the working status at any time
- ■ Intelligent Noise Canceling Tech --Premium omnidirectional condenser microphone with noise canceling technology can pick up your clear voice and reduce background noise and echo
- ■ Plug&Play -- no need to drive,Just need to plug & play for the microphone to start recording,Compatible with windows(7, 8 and 10) and Mac OS.(NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi/Linux/Android）
- ■ Solid Construction--Adopting premium metal pipe and heavy-duty ABS stand to make sure that you will be satisfied with our computer mic quality.
- ✔ Smooth Recording & Clear Sound for podcasting, chatting, recording vocals - Built-in high performance CMTECK CCS2.0 SMART CHIP can effectively block the background noise
- ✔ Compact Design with adjustable neck - convenient using, suitable for podcasting, YouTube, Twitch, Skype, FaceTime, Gaming and more（Cable length: 1.5m）
- ✔ USB Plug&Play - built-in sound card, no drivers to install, hassle-free installation, well compatible with Windows(7, 8 and 10) , Mac OS and PS4.(NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi/Linux/Android）
- ✔ Unique Blue LED light gives you a great visual effect, you can turn it on/off with a switch
- ✔ Mute Button with LED Indicator - Quickly mute/unmute your microphone, and the built-in Indicator LED lights tell you the working status(Green Light: Microphone has been connected; Flashing Green Light: Working Mode; RED Light: Mute Mode)
- Plug and Play: With USB A to B cable, TONOR Q9 microphone is easy to connect with both Mac and Windows computer, no need any extra driver software or sound card. It is perfect for podcasting, music/video recording, live streaming, gaming or online chatting. Note: This microphone is compatible with PS4, but not compatible with Xbox.
- Great Sound of Fidelity: Equipped with a 16mm large diaphragm, wide frequency response (20Hz to 20KHz) and professional sound chipset, Q9 microphone provides a perfect combination of clarity, warmth, extended dynamic range and high SPL capability. The cardioid condenser capsule enables the Q9 to capture pristine and accurate sound and cancel noise from surroundings, perfect for recording and communicating.
- User-friendly Design: With a convenient volume button, TONOR Q9 recording microphone is much easier for you to use. In working status, short press for adjusting mic volume level, 3s long press for turning off the microphone.
- Durable Boom Stand: The Q9 microphone has a sturdy all-metal suspension scissor stand that extends vertically up to 27.5"https://shopclassla.b-cdn.net/700mm, giving you an excellent range of motion. Maximum desk thickness: 1.7"/45mm.
- Complete Mic Set: Package includes a condenser microphone, metal shock mount, adjustable suspension scissor arm stand, desk mount clamp, pop filter, foam mic cover, 1.8M USB A to B cable and manual. All premium accessories are contained in one package, which makes the TONOR Q9 to be your most secure choice!
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, the TC-777 is plug and play, no additional driver software, sound card or phantom power is required. Ideal for gaming, streaming, chatting, podcasting, recording, Skype, Voice-over, YouTube video, etc.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: This mic has a cardioid pickup pattern that captures the clear, smooth and crisp sound in front of the microphone and suppresses unwanted background noise.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to unfold the three-legged stand directly and adjust the position of the pop filter, then it can be plug and play.
- Versatility: The shock mount can be unscrewed and attached to a boom stand with 5/8'' threaded insert directly. Note: If the threaded insert your stand comes with is 3/8'', then the 3/8'' female to 5/8'' male threaded screw adapter is needed (not included).
- What You Get: 1 x Microphone with Power Cord, 1 x Foldable Mic Tripod, 1 x Mini Shock Mount, 1 x Pop Filter, 1 x Manual and 1 x Service Card. (▲▲Note: It is compatible with Macs and PCs, not compatible with Phones, Ipad and Xbox.▲▲)
- ENJOY SMOOTH RECORDING AND CLEAR SOUND WITH ZEKPRO USB COMPUTER MICROPHONE - are you looking for a computer microphone with a noise-canceling feature? Get this USB microphone with built-in advanced noise-canceling technology perfect for voice recording, podcasting, and chatting. It even comes with 2 wind muffs to filter wind noise, giving your money’s worth.
- INSTALL YOUR ZEKPRO USB MICROPHONE HASSLE-FREE - are you having a hard time installing drivers on your computer or laptop? Not anymore! This plug&play USB computer microphone has a built-in sound card. No need to install any drivers. It is fast and very convenient to use.
- HAVE SUPERIOR CONTROL OF YOUR MICROPHONE - do you want to be able to mute and unmute your microphone anytime? This USB computer microphone has a mute button with LED indicator. Quickly mute or unmute whenever you want to. The indicator light tells the working status of the microphone. The LED light comes with an on and off button as well.
- GET MORE WITH A USB COMPUTER MICROPHONE THAT HAS WIDE COMPATIBILITY - how about a USB microphone that is perfectly compatible with Windows 7, 8 and 10, Mac OS and PS4? It is ideal for Youtube, Skype, Twitch, Facetime, recording apps and games.
- SUPERIOR QUALITY USB COMPUTER MICROPHONE WITH A TRAVEL BAG - you get a Zekpro USB computer microphone with a travel bag so you can bring it anywhere safely. If for any reason you are not happy with this product, simply let us know and we’ll make it right for you.
- ✔【Smooth Recording & Clear Sound】- Built-in high performance CMTECK CCS2.0 Noise-Cancelling Smart Chip can offer clearer voice quality and block the background noise effectively
- ✔【Compact Design with 360° Adjustable Metal Gooseneck】- Convenient using, suitable for YouTube, Twitch, Skype, FaceTime, Dictation, Playing Game and more（USB Cable length: 1.5m/5ft）
- ✔【USB Plug & Play】- Built-in Sound Card, no drivers to install, hassle-free installation, well compatible with Windows(7,8 and 10), Mac OS and PS4.(NOT compatible with Raspberry Pi & Xbox)
- ✔【Volume Knob & Mute Button with Indicator Lights】- Easy for you to adjust the input volume for your microphone, mute/unmute your microphone with one key, and the intelligent built-in LED lights let you know the working status
- ✔【Unique Blue LED lights 】- Give you a great visual effect, you can turn it on/off with a switch.
- STEREO & CLEAR SOUND: Dreokee conference microphone is made from high quality metal, 3m effective record distance, easily record each detail sound
- PORTABLE: Our desktop microphone is small and light weight, with a 3.5 mm connector, plug to connect
- PACKAGE: Each package contains 1 pc 3.5mm conference microphone for computer
- APPLICATION: Suitable for conference, chat, game and sing; specially designed for pc (if you need to use on your laptop, we recommended the usb one)
- PERFECT AFTER-SALE SERVICE: Please feel free to contact us if you have any problem with our product, we will get back to you as soon as we can
- 【PLUG & PLAY】desktop computer microphone is designed for Laptop,Computer,Mac or PC; This microphone for computer Provides recording quality that is clearer and louder than the built-in microphone, perfect for zoom meeting, recording music, singing, streaming, games, voice chat,live streams and vocals.
- 【Equipped with USB sound card】it has strong compatibility and multiple functions. If the USB sound card is connected, the microphone can work with different USB computers; if is connected to the headset and microphone, it can work on games, Skype, and Facebook.
- 【Good Compatibility and recording quality】Microphone for computer is compatible with 3.5mm and USB computer, Laptop,Mac,PC,window 7/8/10/XP,PS4. (NOT COMPATIBLE WITH XBOX,ANDROID AND IPHONE); Sensitivity:-58dB±3dB.it picks up clear smooth and crisp sound with noise canceling tech.desk microphone will be the best helper on recording.
- 【Portable and flexible】The detachable metal base brings a very stable effect to the computer microphone and has the function of adjusting the angle. It can be adjusted according to your different recording habits, which is very useful.
- √ If you have any problems during use, please don't hesitate to contact us. Under conditions that are not artificially damaged, we will replace you for free. 1 year warranty from the date of purchase.
- COMPUTER MICROPHONE: Tabletop pc microphone for meeting room/web conference calls over VoIP, Skype, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Google Hangouts, Zoom, and more
- 20FT PICKUP RANGE: Cardioid mic captures sound in a 20' radius with 180° coverage - perfect for video conferencing with large groups or dictation
- HEADPHONE MONITORING JACK: Allows you to hear what's being captured live without having to play it back so you can make adjustments as needed
- LONG USB CABLE: Plug and play setup with 6.5ft usb cable so you start recording your office meetings and group discussion quickly and easily
- WARRANTY: 1 Year Movo Warranty with U.S.A Based Support. Invest in the best for your remote conferences
Desktop Microphones Buying Guide
With the arrival of the Internet, the main elements for the different uses have become an essential part of our life. The microphone once intended almost exclusively for the professional market, today represents an indispensable tool for most computer operations. Let’s see what are the most frequently asked questions by users.
What Exactly Is a Desktop Microphones?
It consists of a diaphragm attracted by an electromagnet which, when vibrating, modifies the electrical energy transmitted to a circuit by different pressures.
It is used to transform sound waves into electricity and vice versa in the process of recording and reproducing sound, in order to increase its intensity, transmit it, and record it.
Its name derives from the word micro which means small and f ono which means sound. It is used for various functions that are done daily with the computer, such as to do video conferencing, recording king the music, talk, participate in online games, add sound to videos we post on social and in many other contexts.
What Use Is Made of Computer Microphones?
Microphones have many applications in different sectors: telephony, science, health, concerts, public events, mass media such as audiovisual productions (cinema and television), radio, live and professional audio recordings, development of sound technology, and voice recognition.
Today the use of microphones has increased considerably in all homes. It has stopped being almost exclusively a professional product. The most important platforms offer us the opportunity to communicate through audio, and the microphone has become one of the indispensable tools in our life.
What Are the Microphone Models?
The microphones are divided according to the type of transducer (energy converter), which is condenser or dynamic, and for its directional characteristics.
Sometimes other functions are used to distinguish the microphones, such as the size of the diaphragm, the intended use or the directionality of the main sound input:
- Condenser Microphone: Also called “electrostatic microphone” or “capacitive microphone”, in this type of microphone the diaphragm acts as a foil that “condenses” the vibrations of the sound waves, which cause changes to causes of changes in the distance between the diaphragm and the lamina.
- Dynamic Microphone: Dynamic microphones (also known as magneto dynamic microphones) work through electromagnetic induction. They are solid, relatively inexpensive, and resistant to moisture.
- Ribbon Microphone: They use a thin metal ribbon (usually corrugated), suspended in a magnetic field. The tape is electrically connected to the microphone output, and when it vibrates in the magnetic field it generates the electrical signal.
- Carbon Microphone: Also known as a push-button microphone, it uses a capsule or button that contains carbon granules between two metal plates. By applying a voltage on the plates, low electricity flows to the coal.
- Piezoelectric Microphone: A crystal microphone or ceramic microphone is based on the property of piezoelectricity (the ability of some materials to generate an electric potential when subjected to mechanical pressure, to convert vibrations into an electrical signal).
- Fiber Optic Microphone: Transforms audio waves into electrical signals by detecting changes in light intensity. During its operation, the light of a laser source travels through an optical fiber to illuminate the surface of a reflective diaphragm.
- No Laser Microphone: It can be used to capture sound remotely through microphone detectors. A laser beam is directed towards the surface of a window or on another flat surface affected by sound. The vibrations of this surface modify the angle in which the beam is reflected, allowing to detect the movement of the point of the laser beam which, once reached the instrumentation, is converted into an audio signal.
- Microelectromechanical Microphone: MEMS microphones (in English “microelectromechanical systems”), also called microphone chips or silicon microphones. A pressure-sensitive diaphragm is recorded directly in a silicon chip by MEMS processing techniques, and in general it is equipped with an integrated preamplifier.
- Hydraulic Microphone: It consists of a metal container filled with water in a small amount of sulfuric acid. A sound wave causes the diaphragm to move, moving a needle up and down in the water.
How Important Is the Directionality of Computer Microphones?
The directionality of a microphone or polar model indicates the sensitivity of picking up the sounds that come from different angles around its central axis. The way in which the microphone body is oriented with respect to the diagrams depends on the design.
Some associate various principles in the realization of the desired polar model. They range from the coating of their housing (diffraction/dissolution/absorption), to electronically join double membranes.
The polar pattern is defined as the focal distraction of sound. It is the absorption angle of the microphone according to an estimate. This factor depends, among other things, on the level, direction, and frequency.
What Is the Appropriate Directionality of Computer Microphones?
We have to choose what best suits our needs, taking into account that we can also access professional microphones that offer the possibility to choose between different modes since they are not limited to a single configuration.
Based on these characteristics, we can distinguish three types of microphones:
- Omnidirectional microphones: these microphones pick up sound from all directions.
- Unidirectional microphones: pick up the sound only from a predetermined direction.
- Bidirectional microphones: they pick up sounds from two sources facing each other thanks to a membrane that vibrates in two opposite directions.
What Is the Sensitivity of A Computer Microphone?
The sensitivity of a microphone indicates the decibels it can pick up. The lower our microphone can “listen”, the more sensitive it will be and will reach silent sounds. To get the opposite result we will set it on SPL (sound pressure level), which will show us how loud a microphone can receive sounds.
The sound of a drop of water as it falls or the whispers of a distant conversation can only be achieved by high sensitivity. Instead, the performance with the SPL must capture every detail in the midst of a confusion of indistinct sounds, without hearing any annoying noise.
What Frequency Response Should Our Microphone Have?
Another point to know is how a microphone responds in certain frequencies. The ideal is the one that has the greatest response. You can compare it in the manual in the frequency response table.
We will check how a microphone picks up the low, high, or medium sounds and we will know if it satisfies the characteristics we are looking for. For example, a vocalist will see in the frequency response curve of the microphone if it is more suitable for low, medium, or high voices.
Although the response is flat and the system treats all incoming sounds equally, in practice the response is not the same, and often the difference is very relevant.
What Are the Characteristics of A Microphone Should Be Consider?
The main characteristics of the microphones will help us to know better the performance and, therefore, to find the device that best meets the requirements we are looking for. However, they will help us try to get closer to the more powerful and defined sound. Among the main features we can indicate:
- Maximum Sound Pressure Level: Indicates the maximum level at which a microphone starts to distort. The more pressure it bears, the better performance it will offer us.
- Proper Noise Level: It is the noise that occurs when the air molecules collide against the microphone membranes due to thermal movement. In this case, it will be better the lower the level.
- Signal-To-Noise Ratio: Staying at the maximum pressure level the proper noise level is calculated. So, the higher the result, the better the quality offered by the microphone.
- Sensitivity: Indicates the effectiveness of picking up weak sounds. Greater sensitivity corresponds to greater ease in picking up more distant or weaker signals.
- Impedenzia: It is the measure of the resistance to the passage of alternating current, in this case inside the microphone, with respect to its frequency.
- Saturation Limit: It is not data available since there are no objective values to measure it. It depends on the construction of the microphone and what it can handle. All microphones distort the signal when the pressure level is too high.