Before dressing the salad and serving it at the table, it should be appropriately washed, even in the case of ready-to-eat bags. To be able to do it in the best way, we cannot help using salad spinners, kitchen utensils that allow you to remove all excess water from the leaves. Here then, are the ten best salad drain models to buy.
Washing the salad thoroughly is a good habit that we should all have before serving our dishes, even when we buy already cut and painted bags at the supermarket, ready to be served. And to do it in the best way, we can use the salad spinner.
A kitchen utensil that can collect all the water extracted from the leaves and dry the vegetables. The centrifuge can be used for all leafy greens, therefore also for radicchio and arugula, and is useful for removing excess water from freshly washed vegetables. Here we will be listing the top 8 best electric salad spinners.
- Model #: EM98
- Pulse function button (2 to 3 mins)
- Double insulated
- Capacity: 5 gallon / 20 liter
- Dries up to 8 heads of lettuce per minute
- Easy, one-handed operation; Patented pump mechanism and brake button
- Clear lid lets you see inside and comes apart for easy cleaning
- Soft, non-slip knob locks down for convenient storage
- Non-slip base keeps stainless steel bowl steady on countertop
- Basket and non-slip stainless steel bowl can be used separately
- The Smart Choice - While other Salad Spinners struggle with quality and design issues, our patented design and quality craftsmanship solve those problems and make this the new standard in Salad Spinners. Anti-Wobble Feature - Revolutionary Pulling-Bar System and Braking Button on the Lid with 30% Heavier Duty 100% ABS plastic make our Salad Spinner the smart choice!
- Large Salad Spinner - Designed to be large enough for most of your daily needs, just over 5 quarts, some might say it's even Extra Large, all depends on your needs but this is definitely the best salad spinner, lettuce cleaner & dryer, kitchen gadget available!
- Best Patented Design - The only pull-controlled with the easiest button stop feature giving you more options than any of our competitors.
- Peace Of Mind - We know you have options, but we want to ensure you get the best with us, and that's why we offer a full LIFETIME WARRANTY!! We know you'll love it, but just to make sure you have peace of mind to, if you don't, you can simply let us know and we'll issue a full no questions asked refund!
- Unmatched Quality - German engineered! Made from high quality, food grade, durable reinforced ABS plastic. Designed to be easy to operate and clean and dishwasher safe.
- 4-6 serving salad spinner is perfect for quickly rinsing and drying lettuce
- New improved version of Red Dot design award winner with ergonomic handle design for effortless pull
- Brake button with quick braking action to fluff salad
- Stylish bowl has non-slip base and can be used directly for serving
- 5 Year Zyliss Guarantee, Dishwasher Safe bowl
- Fabric Type: Stainless Steel
- Hand washed for best results
- Easy, one handed operation with patented pump mechanism and brake button
- Soft, non slip knob locks down for storage, and a non slip ring and wide base keep bowl steady on countertop
- Elegant, clear bowl is perfect for serving, and basket can be used separately as a colander
- Clear, flat lid allows for convenient stacking when not in use, disassembles for easy cleaning, and parts are top rack dishwasher safe and BPA Free
- Capacity 6.22 Qt bowl, 4.95 Qt basket, Dimensions 10.5 inch x 10.5 inch x 6 inch
- HEALTHY MADE EASY: Our Pro Pump Salad Spinner makes it so easy to prepare nutritious foods every night of the week. This device helps you to clean and serve salad greens and other produce, including fruits and even berries, in seconds!
- ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE: The generous capacity of our Salad Spinner (6.65 quart bowl, 5.25 quart basket) means you can pack enough to feed your entire family!
- SO EASY: We know you're busy when it comes to making meals. That's why we've engineered our Salad Spinner for convenient one-handed operation. Simply push down on the spinner mechanism to begin; then tap the break button when done.
- STABLE AND SECURE: The clear bowl features a soft, nonslip base to secure the Salad Spinner while in use, with the added bonus of protecting your countertops from getting scratched.
- MULTIPLE USES: The Salad Spinner is more than just a device for quickly rinsing and drying salad fixings. Use the basket separately as a colander, and the clear plastic bowl for serving.
- REMOVES EXCESS WATER - The Chef Master 90008 5 Gallon Salad Dryer removes excess water from lettuce leaves. Serving salads without drying lettuce can cause the salad to become soggy and unappealing. It even cause the dressings to run off the leaves
- HIGHLY DURABLE CONSTRUCTION - Chef Master Salad Dryers are made from approved durable plastic. No assembly is required for this salad spinner. The gears are very high quality and will keep running through many years of use
- 5 GALLON CAPACITY - The Chef Master Salad Spinner has a 5 gallon capacity. This is enough to fit 5-6 heads of lettuce. You can now dry salad quicker and more efficiently than before
- QUICK EASY AND SAFE TRANSPORTATION - Chef Master Salad Spinners have easy to grip handles on each side to make transportation quicker and easier than before. No longer will you be struggling to carry wet salad dryers, now easily grip the handles
- DIMENSIONS - The Chef Master 5 Gallon Salad Dryer measures 17.75" by 17.15". The capacity is 5 gallons, this is around 5-6 heads of lettuce
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Electric Salad Spinners
To choose the most suitable salad spinner for the use we have to make of it, we must take into consideration some elements, from the type to the materials, passing through the structure and cleaning.
On the market, there are different types of salad centrifuges.Centrifuges with a crank are the most common on the market: they allow lateral movement and controlled centrifugal speed.
Rope centrifuges have a movement mechanism that comes into action when the cord is pulled outwards, which will then rewind autonomously as soon as the movement is complete.
The electric centrifuges do not require any physical effort: activate them with the appropriate button. They are ideal, especially for large quantities of vegetables, but are more uncomfortable to clean.
Structure and capacity
The salad centrifuges are all made up of a container, in plastic or steel, with a smaller basket inside, equipped with holes for the passage of water. The lid is fitted with a knob or a rope, which actuates the centrifugal movement. During the purchase phase.
It will be necessary to evaluate its size and capacity, to be sure of finding the most suitable product to meet our needs. In the case of a large family, for example, it is advisable to opt for larger capacities, capable of containing a higher quantity of salad.
Generally, the materials used for the centrifuges are plastic and stainless steel. Both practical and functional, they have a different cost, also linked to the use that can be made of them. If you want to use the basket also as a salad holder, you will have to focus on more resistant and aesthetically refined materials.
Plastic salad spinners have a lower cost, are practical and light, and easier to clean. Those in stainless steel, on the other hand, have a higher cost, but can also be used as salad bowls. They require more attention when washing.
Numerous brands on the market produce salad centrifuges, from Oxa to Leifheit, passing through Pykal and the Italian Guzzini. The price, as well as for the brand, may vary based on the type of centrifuge and the material it is made of. Generally, stainless steel ones have a higher cost.
Being able to wash the centrifuge easily is one of the requirements that we must take into account when purchasing. Some materials need more delicate washes; others still cannot be washed in all their parts, as they have buttons or electrical components.
Most of these utensils, however, can be washed in the dishwasher in all its elements. To ensure more thorough cleaning, it is advisable to separate each component and remove it individually. At the end of this step, it is necessary to dry all the parts thoroughly, to prevent the product from encountering the formation of mold.
How to Use a Salad Spinner?
As well as being practical and useful, salad spinners are also simple to use. The external content can be used to wash lettuce or vegetables. We can then insert the freshly painted salad in the basket, which, in turn, is placed in the external container.
The centrifugal force will move the excess water outwards, which will then be collected from the larger box. At that point, our vegetables will be ready to be served. Furthermore, by eliminating all the water, the various seasonings will bind better with all the leaves, and the final result will undoubtedly be tastier.
Manual centrifuges work through mechanisms that allow you to spin the basket inside the centrifuge. Usually, they use a small rope to work, which, however, can very often be subject to early wear.
In manual centrifuges, the mechanical system is activated, most of the time, utilizing a crank that you will have to turn continuously until your salad is perfectly dry. However, there are other mechanisms, such as pumps or levers, that require much less effort on your part. All the manual centrifuges in this list belong to the latter type.
Electric centrifuges are more practical. All you have to do is operate them, and they will do the job alone. The best ones allow you to select different speeds based on the type of food you put in them.
The most common materials used for these products are stainless steel and plastic. Iron gives you better strength and durability. However, you can find excellent, very resistant plastic products on the market.
We advise you not to purchase too cheap centrifuges because it means that the plastic is of low quality. Also, you may be forced to buy a new centrifuge in no time.
Capacity depends on the number of people who make up your family. If you live as a couple or alone, a function of around 4 liters may be more than enough. For larger families, however, it is better to buy one with 5 or 6 liters of capacity.
Centrifuges can often fulfill many other functions: from colanders, from trays or containers, allowing you to have two or more accessories in one and save space and money.
Also, some of these are equipped with additional accessories, such as pliers, which increase their versatility, with a consequent increase in the price as well. This is an aspect that you must evaluate according to your needs.