Who has never dreamed of having an ice cream maker at home? Think about it: whenever you feel like it, you could go to the kitchen and have a nice first-class artisan ice cream without the least effort.
Well, we are happy to announce that you no longer have just to dream, because the ice cream makers have arrived in our lives. Of course, we can all remember the enthusiasm with which we ate ice cream as children.
Now that we also think about our health, we can do it from home and in the healthiest way possible, thanks to the ice cream makers.
Right here we had listed out some of the best models of ice cream makers that are present below.
- Easy-lock Lid with Window – Lid is designed to remove and lock easily. An ingredient window allows you to pour ingredients directly through the top and watch the freezing process, Base – Contains heavy-duty motor strong enough to make and dispense ice cream. BPA Free
- Mixing Arm (not shown) – Mixes and aerates ingredients in freezer bowl to create smooth soft ice cream, Dispensing Bracket with Handle – Dispenses the soft ice cream when handle is pulled down. Removable for easy cleaning, Rubber Feet – Nonslip feet keep base stationary during use
- 1 1⁄2-Quart Freezer Bowl (not shown) – Contains cooling liquid within a double-insulated wall to create fast and even freezing. Double wall keeps the bowl cool and at an even temperature, Condiment Chute – Mix-ins are dispensed from the chute into your ice cream cone or bowl while you dispense ice cream. Removable for easy cleaning
- Three Condiment Containers – Dispense the mix-ins of your choice. The front condiment container with a curved edge dispenses small mix-ins such as sprinkles. Two rectangular condiment containers dispense larger mix-ins such as mini M&M s or mini chocolate morsels, Condiment Dispensing Levers –Pull out one of three levers to add the mix-ins of your choice into your soft ice cream
- ON/OFF Power Dial, Cone Holder – Conveniently holds a stack of extra ice cream cones. Can hold both flat and pointed-bottom cones, Removable Drip Tray – Can be removed for easy cleaning. Dot in center of tray indicates where to place the ice cream cone. Mix-in Gauge – Check the size of mix-ins by dropping them through. Mix-ins that do not fit through will clog the ice cream maker.120 Volts
- Fully automatic frozen yogurt, sorbet, and ice cream maker. Dimensions (LXWXH) : 8.25 x 8.00 x 11.25 inches
- Brushed stainless-steel housing; heavy-duty motor. BPA Free
- Large ingredient spout for easily adding favorite mix-ins
- Double-insulated 2-quart freezer bowl; instruction book and recipes included.UC Cubic Feet: 1.23
- Product Built to North American Electrical Standards.Cord storage, keeps countertops clutter free
- 4 quart capacity: great for party time or snack time, This unit makes 4-quarts of delicious ice cream, frozen yogurt or gelato - enough to feed everyone!
- NOSTALGIA ICE CREAM KITS: Unit works perfectly with all Nostalgia ice cream kits - try the Vanilla Crème, Chocolate or Strawberry Ice Cream Mixes (ICP825VAN8PK, ICP825CHOC8PK, ICP825STRAW8PK)
- Cleanup is easy: with a plastic bucket that wipes away messes with ease, cleaning up afterwards is a breeze
- See-thru lid: to store Leftover ice cream in the freezer, a see-thru lid is included that fits on top of the canister
- No manual effort needed: a powerful electric motor does all the churning, so no intensive stirring or manual effort is required!
- HEALTHIER: Dash ice cream maker lets you make healthier, homemade ice cream right from your kitchen You control the ingredients (organic, sugar free, fresh fruit, all-natural), making it better for you and your family
- QUICK, EASY + CUSTOMIZABLE: Turns on and ready to go with just the push of a button 16 cups of fresh ice cream, gelato, sorbet, or frozen yogurt in less than 30 minutes Add chocolate, caramel, sprinkles, or your favorite condiments to customize your dessert
- COMPACT + LIGHTWEIGHT: Weighing less than 1 lb, this is a MUST-HAVE for that first apartment, smaller kitchen, college dorm life, or camper/RV traveling Disassembles easily for quick clean up and storage
- PERFECT GIFT: The perfect wedding gift, new home gift, or gift for kids Its small size takes up little counter space, and its sleek design and trendy color options will match any kitchen décor (add to your registry now!)
- INCLUDES: Backed by a 1-year manufacturer warranty, the 12-watt Dash Ice Cream Maker, includes cooling bowl, mixing spoon, recipe book, and recipe database access All non-electric parts are easily wiped clean
- Simple Freezing Bowl: The Mr. Freeze automatic ice cream maker comes with a convenient freezable bowl that allows you to quickly make ice cream directly in the unit.
- Easy Operation: Easily turn on the unit to churn your ice cream recipe with a simple control panel. No chemicals, alcohol or salt needed.
- Perfect Serving Size: The 1.5 Quart capacity provides just the perfect amount of servings for family and friends.
- Quick & Easy to Use: The ice cream and dessert maker is simple to use. Simply freeze the bowl overnight, then add the ingredient mixture into the machine, push a button and you'll have a tasty dessert in a short time.
- Includes Recipes: Prepare homemade frozen yogurt, gelato, ice cream or sorbet from a variety of recipes included with your purchase.
- New mixing paddle makes frozen desserts in 20 minutes or less
- Large capacity makes up to 1-1/2-quarts
- Double insulated freezer bowl eliminates the need for ice
- Easy lock Transparent lid with Large spout makes adding ingredients simple and mess free.
- Limited 3-year
- Makes 2-quarts of ice cream, frozen yogurt, gelato or sorbet , UC Cubic Feet - 1.65 inches
- Improved paddle with faster processing time
- Control panel with LCD screen and 3 settings with multiple speeds. UC LWH - 12.50 x 12.88 x 18.00 inches
- Countdown timer with auto shutoff. MC Cubic Feet: 3.30
- Ingredient spout with integrated measuring cup
- Choose from a medley of cookies, ice cream flavors, and sandwich the ice cream with the cookies of your choice & start decorating with a medley of sugary candy & Toppings!!
- Tons of toppings to choose from like gummy worms, gummy bears, marshmallow treats, sugary gummies, chocolate chips, chocolate candy, & more!!
- Ice Cream Sandwich Maker & Ice Cream Cookies is great fun for the entire family! Perfect for the upcoming Summer months where you can enjoy Ice Cream & Summer Desserts as a treat!
- Ice Cream Sandwich Maker - Frozen Rainbow Ice Cream Desserts for Kids is the best Summer Frozen Dessert Maker!
- English (Publication Language)
- 4 quart capacity: Great for party time or snack time, this unit makes 4-quarts of delicious ice cream, frozen yogurt or gelato - enough to feed everyone.
- Nostalgia Ice Cream Kits: Unit works perfectly with all Nostalgia ice cream kits - try the Vanilla Crème, Chocolate or Strawberry Ice Cream mixes (ICP825VAN8PK, ICP825CHOC8PK, ICP825STRAW8PK), or the Premium Ice Cream Starter Kit (ISK3)
- Cleanup is easy: With a plastic bucket that wipes away messes with ease, cleaning up afterwards is a breeze
- See-through lid: To store Leftover ice cream in the freezer, a see-through lid is included that fits on top of the canister
- Easy-carry handle: A carrying handle attached to the bucket makes it convenient to move your ice cream wherever it needs to go
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Chowdhury, Subir (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 128 Pages - 10/04/2005 (Publication Date) - Currency (Publisher)
How to Choose Ice Cream Makers?
Now that you have started having your mouth water with each of the products we have recommended, the time has come to get into the topic. We know that you have decided to buy an ice cream maker, but, before doing so, it is essential to know some basic notions about it. Take note, let’s get started!
What Types of Ice Cream Makers Are There?
If you have carefully observed our selection, you will have noticed that not all ice cream makers are the same. There are four different types of ice cream maker, among which we also find different models:
- Classic Ice Cream Makers: those of all time, in which you have to mix ice and salt (in addition to the ingredients that give the desired taste) until you get the desired consistency. Although traditionally they are manual and very difficult, they can also be found electric.
- Traditional Ice Cream Makers: those in which the ice cream falls over the cone. They are very cheap and are equipped with an integrated freezer that allows you to prepare ice cream without having to wait.
- Ice Cream Makers with Freezer Container: as the name indicates, these ice cream makers have a container that must be previously frozen and a mixer in which ice cream is prepared.
- Ice Cream Makers with Integrated Compressor: they are a little more complete than the previous ones, as I integrate a compressor that cools while working. The ingredients are then mixed as they cool, and ice cream is created in a short time.
Beyond this classification, which is mainly based on the operation of the machine, we can mention portable ice cream makers. These are very cheap and compact, ideal to take with you anywhere to enjoy a good homemade ice cream whenever you feel like it.
How Does an Ice Cream Maker Work?
As much as it may seem that ice cream makers are complex and very difficult to understand, nothing is further from reality. Their operation is effortless, even that of the most sophisticated models. It is based on four simple steps:
- The ice cream maker (or the external container) must cool down to reach the optimal temperature for the preparation of the ice creams.
- The ingredients are inserted according to the taste you want to give to the ice cream.
- The blades of the ice cream maker mix everything and create the movement to give consistency to the mix. Typically, it doesn’t take more than an hour.
- You can eat the ice cream directly or let it cool for longer for better mixing of the different ingredients.
See how easy it is? We know that with every new aspect of the ice cream makers we are talking about, we make it more and more challenging to resist the temptation to buy one. But don’t blame us: now you understand why they are so fashionable.
What Accessories Are Needed for An Ice Cream Maker?
In the preparation of homemade ice creams, three fundamental pillars come into play: a good ice cream maker, quality ingredients, and accessories that will facilitate the task.
The latter is sometimes included in the packaging of the machine. Other times, however, it is necessary to purchase them separately. The most important are:
- Container: the container in which you will prepare the mixture that will become ice cream. The machine will present one as standard, but it is possible to buy others to prepare a greater quantity of ice creams at the same time.
- Shovel: essential for hygienic handling of the mixture. It must be made of quality materials, such as silicone.
- Lid: essential during the ice cream preparation process. Specialists recommend two aspects: that it is transparent (so you can see what is happening in the machine) and that it can be removed (so you can add ingredients during the process, if necessary).
- Timer: to remove ice cream at the right time and enjoy quality results.
- Recipe book: in case your imagination fails and you need extra inspiration.
Any Tricks to Get the Best Results with My Ice Cream Maker?
In addition to meticulously following the directions for use and preparation of the ice creams offered by the manufacturer, there are some extra tricks or tips that you can take into consideration to make the most of your ice cream maker. Get a pen and paper. Let’s get started!
- The container in which the ice cream is prepared must be cold. If it is not already integrated into the machine, don’t forget to check this before you start.
- It is essential that the ingredients are also cold (about 3 or 4 ºC) so that the consistency of the ice cream is ideal.
- Don’t forget the sugar. Even if you follow recipes for healthy ice creams, sugar helps to create consistency, as well as giving it a better flavor. Don’t worry: your homemade ice creams will always be healthier than industrial ones.
Once the ice cream is prepared, it is advisable to be patient and let it cool overnight to improve the final result. As long as it may seem, this rest is crucial.
How and When Should an Ice Cream Maker Be Cleaned?
Cleaning is essential, especially when it comes to devices in which food is prepared, such as in the case of ice cream makers. It is essential to clean each part of the machine after each use properly. In this way, it will also be ready for the next time. You can do it with a few simple steps:
- Disassemble the machine and separate each piece.
- Remove any residual food (ingredients) or ice cream with water.
- Use cleaning products suitable for dishes for the safety of your health.
- Clean all the pieces and rinse with plenty of water.
- Before reassembling the machine, dry it with a cloth.
Can Frozen Yogurt Be Prepared with An Ice Cream Maker?
We know you expect a positive response, don’t we? Well, you’re right. Ice cream makers can also prepare frozen yogurt! And sorbets and slushes, if you are also interested in this. However, attention: not all models have this function. So if it’s essential for you, check before choosing a particular model.
In case you already had an ice cream maker at home and did not have this function (for example, it is a model with a container to be frozen), what you can do to obtain frozen yogurt is to add a larger dose of milk to the mixture and let it cool for less time.
Quiet, there is only one last section before you can run to buy the ice cream maker you so desire. In fact, before buying, it will be useful to read these previous tips, since they are related to the aspects to be evaluated to choose the ice cream maker that best suits your needs.
- Use and Type
- Maintenance and Cleaning
- Capacity and Dimensions
Use and Type
The first thing you need to think about when you are about to choose your ideal ice cream maker is the use you plan to make of it. With “use,” we refer to both the frequency and the quantity of ice cream you will want to prepare on each occasion.
Depending on these two factors, you will have to choose one type of ice cream maker over another. If you plan to use it occasionally, it won’t be worth spending a lot of money, so one of the simpler models will suffice.
If, on the other hand, you plan to use it often and for many people, the ideal will be to invest in an appliance that works quickly, with considerable capacity, and that lasts over time.
The question of the materials with which the ice cream maker is made is also a fundamental aspect to evaluate before choosing a particular model. In this regard, thinking about the quality of materials is essential for two reasons.
On the one hand, they mustn’t be toxic or harmful since it is a device for preparing food. On the other hand, the quality of the materials with which this device is manufactured will significantly influence its durability.
Therefore, avoid plastic ice cream makers, as they are very fragile and tend to break easily. The most recommended material is aluminum since it is an excellent cold conductor and is more resistant than plastic.
Maintenance and Cleaning
When it comes to a product in which you will insert or prepare food, as in the case of ice cream makers, you must take into consideration maintenance and cleaning. Although, in general, most ice cream makers have removable accessories to facilitate cleaning, this is not always the case.
Therefore, it is essential to make sure of the cleaning and maintenance methods recommended by the manufacturer of each model, to prefer the simpler ones. The easier and less difficult it will be to clean the ice cream maker, the better the results you will get, and the more you will take care of your health.
Capacity and Dimensions
Strictly related to the criterion of use, there are the capacity and the size of the ice cream maker that you plan to buy. If you use it a lot, the idea is that it doesn’t take up too much space in the kitchen; if, on the other hand, you do not use it often.
It must be compact to be able to store and store it comfortably. As for the capacity, you will have to choose according to the quantity of ice cream you want to prepare each time.
The manufacturers usually indicate the estimated number of portions that you can prepare with your device, so just take a quick look at the packaging or the description of the product to find out if it is the most suitable model for your needs.
Finally, we can’t forget the accessories. In the buying guide, we talked in-depth about each of the main accessories or complements that may be useful (or even indispensable) for you to use and make the most of your ice cream maker:
The ideal will be to find an ice cream maker that already includes them all. If this is not the case, you will have to make sure that the model you choose allows the use of universal accessories that you must purchase separately.