The Star Wars saga has nailed millions of TV screens fans around the world; it is one of the most successful cinemas and marketing events of all time, and the swords that appear in the various episodes are among the most loved and fashionable accessories.
Take a look at our guide to choose the model that best suits your needs and find out in our ranking, which is the most popular on the market.
Here we are providing you the best lightsaber you can choose which color you like.
- Futuristic Sound Effects That Activate with On/Off Button Located on Handle: Transport yourself to a galaxy far far away with the...
- The Saber's Blade is Made from Strong, Superior Quality Plastic That is Child-Safe: Playful dueling is guaranteed kid-safe. The...
- Rechargeable Battery with Charging Accessories Included
- Bright Electric LED 9 Color Modes: Aqua, Blue, Green, Pink, Purple, Red, Violet, White, and Yellow
- Strong, Durable, and Sturdy for Dueling with Metallic Stainless Steel Handle in Graphite Black: The LED Saber has an un-slip grip...
- Create adventures and scenes from Star Wars entertainment
- Collect the wide range of articulated Star Wars action figures that are each sold separately
- Most of the Star Wars vehicles have realistic action features
- Pretend to be favorite characters with the role-play gear
- Battle as a Jedi or a Sith, a Rebel or Imperial trooper, a Battle Droid or Clone Trooper
- Officially licensed Star Wars costume accessory; look for trademark on label and packaging to help assure you've received an...
- Blue telescoping blade with black and silver handle; measures approximately 3-feet fully extended, costume accessory not intended...
- Light up design, requires 2 AA batteries (batteries available separately)
- Rubie’s offers costumes, accessories, and décor items from Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back, Return of the Jedi, The Phantom...
- Family-owned, family-focused, and based in the U.S.A. since 1951, Rubie’s has classic and licensed costumes and accessories in...
- Jedi Knights, Sith Lords, Storm troopers, X-Wings, Star Destroyers, AT-AT Walkers, droids, Wookiees, Rebel heroes, and the Force...
- Launch into light speed adventures with a collection of classic and new characters, vehicles, and role-play items that feature the...
- Build your Star Wars collection with the authentic, highly detailed Star Wars collectible figures, vehicles, and Force FX...
- Advance into battle with role play gear that includes blasters, masks, and iconic, customizable Lightsabers that are part of the...
- For nearly forty years, Star Wars has fueled the imaginations of generations, and now it’s your turn to follow the adventures of...
- Detailed mace wind-up lightsaber from Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith
- Authentic movie sound effects
- Real metal hilt
- Display stand
- A .45 scaled version of the full-size.
- Based on archived referenced materials from the Disney vault.
- Constructed with die-cast metal and brass parts.
- Comes with certificate of Authenticity
- Comes with display & stand.
- Create adventures and scenes from Star Wars entertainment
- Create adventures and re-create favorite scenes from the Star Wars universe
- Pretend to be favorite heroes, villains, & creatures with amazing role play gear
- Collect all the Star Wars action figures and vehicles, each sold separately
- Some vehicles feature realistic battle action & include Nerf firing capabilities
- Replicas of Anakin's actual Lightsaber (blue glow) and Yoda’s actual Lightsaber (green glow) with realistically sculpted handles...
- On/Off LED feature creates a realistic light-up experience
- Exclusive POWER A "Twist and Lock" ring mechanism ensures that the handle and blade attach securely for safe game play
- Official Star Wars item licensed by LucasFilm Ltd. 100% Authentic POWER A Product
- LED feature requires 2 AAA batteries (not included)
- Light saber costume accessory extends to approximately 3-Feet long
- Silver base with telescoping blue blade that lights up; blade retracts fully
- Requires 2 AA batteries for lights (not included)
- Light saber is fun all year long but not intended for battle
- Officially licensed Star Wars costume accessory
- Hardcover Book
- Wallace, Daniel (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 156 Pages - 10/20/2020 (Publication Date) - Insight Editions (Publisher)
Buyer Guide to Choose lightsaber Replicas
If you are a passionate fan of Star Wars or a cosplay, you can safely skip this section and read only the review of the recommended swords below.
If, on the other hand, you want to make a gift, but you do not know how to orient yourself well among the various models of the many characters, it may be useful to have a general picture of the legendary saga of George Lucas.
It all started in 1977, with the release of Star Wars (Star Wars in Italian), which was followed by The Empire Strikes Back and The Return of the Jedi. The viewer is projected into an extreme environment made of distant worlds reachable by spaceships.
Here several living species appear that coexist with robots and droids. Good and evil are embodied by Jedi and Sith, whose powers come from the Light Side and the Dark Side of the Force, the energy that permeates the whole universe.
Among the most famous characters, we mention Yoda, Mace Windu, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Anakin Skywalker and Luke Skywalker, Jedi knights and masters.
Among the most critical Sith, we remember Darth Vader, also called Dart Fener or Lord Fener, who is none other than Anakin Skywalker passed to the forces of Evil; also well known are Darth Bane and Darth Plagueis.
The original trilogy is followed by a second prequel trilogy, consisting of The Phantom Menace, Attack of the Clones, and Revenge of the Sith, followed by three other sequels and further minor episodes.
This is a global success that has given rise to a merchandising of accessories, including swords, the primary weapons used by the Jedi and Sith.
Types of Swords
Lightsabers are, therefore, among the most famous cult objects in the Lucas saga. For those who have to make a gift, it can be useful to understand who the recipient’s favorite character is and buy the sword wielded in the film.
In the film, the swords emit light of different colors and also sounds. In general, swords have blades and handles of varying lengths.
Some models are particular because they have unique colors (for example, the red one by Kylo Ren or the purple one by Mace Windu) and specific shapes, such as the rotating ones with one or two blades, which are truly spectacular.
Other rarer swords are the linksaber, consisting of two swords tied together, and the one that allows you to change the length of the blade by pressing a button on the hilt.
The darts shooter sword is another particular model consisting of a sword and a pistol together, a deadly weapon to hit enemies even if they are far away.
For Children and Enthusiasts
If you want to make a lovely gift and choose the best brand of lightsabers, you can only contact an official product dealer. However, you will notice a significant price difference between the various models, even if they are all official.
Some, in fact, are simply plastic toys, well made, they emit light and sounds like those of the films, but they are not a realistic replica of the models used in the various episodes and which delight the real fans.
The “red” sword of Kylo Ren
This particular model of the series reproduces the lightsaber of Kylo Ren, one of the protagonists of the eighth film of the saga: Star Wars The Last Jedi.
Kylo Ren, who is Ben Solo, the son of Han Solo, owns this laser sword with a unique characteristic, namely that of emitting three cross laser beams, two of which have the dual function of protecting the hand that holds the sword and, at the same time, hurting opponents.
The Hasbro replica of Kylo Ren’s sword, while being an inexpensive toy, is well done. The handle is relatively detailed, well painted, and finished.
The red “blade,” on the other hand, is divided into three sections and is removable, to give the impression of laser activation, it is also made of very resistant rigid plastic, therefore ideal for overcoming the “fights” between children unscathed.
Sound and Light Effects
A further highly appreciated aspect of Kylo Ren’s sword, analogous to all the models in the Bladebuilders series, is to have a small electronic chip that reproduces the same sound and light effects as the lightsaber seen in the film, to make it even the game is more exciting and addicting.
The electronic component of Kylo Ren’s sword is powered by two simple AAA alkaline batteries, the mini style, for instance, which are not included in the package.
The latter, in addition to the sword, also includes a laser dagger and a Bladebuilders connector to be used possibly with the other swords of the same series.
How to Use a Star Wars Lightsaber?
The epic nature of clashes and duels are an integral part of the charm of the Star Wars saga. For these reasons, they understand how to use a lightsaber best will improve the gaming experience by allowing young people to identify themselves as a Jedi or an evil Sith.
Choose the Right Model
Based on your child’s age and preferences, we suggest you focus on a specific type of sword. Some models evoke the counterpart used by some characters of the series, to become almost a characterizing trait and a symbol of that warrior.
Read the Instructions Carefully
The presence of a manual and information on the packaging and detailed instructions is the first fundamental aid for those who have to manage the assembly and start-up of the lightsaber.
Do not take initiatives and refer to what is reported on the sheet, avoiding inconveniences and unpleasant surprises.
Free the Environment from Possible Obstacles
When using the sword in a closed environment such as a bedroom, we suggest that you look carefully at your surroundings, eliminating as many obstacles as possible on the path of the young swordsman apprentice. By doing so, you can create an environment suitable for the game and free from constraints.
Check the Correct Assembly
Some lightsabers allow you to position different blades, using an adapter designed for this specific purpose. Once the batteries have been inserted and the blade has been properly locked, check that the fixing is stable at the right point, so as not to risk falling and breaking.
Do Not Use Excessive Force
The use and creation of the lightsaber are born to evoke and transport the little ones in the Star Wars universe.
Corresponding behavior appropriate to the situation must correspond to this playful dimension. Playing responsibly means avoiding doing and getting hurt, putting too much force, or hitting an object or playmate in reality.
Take Advantage of The Sound Level Sparingly
Different swords have a brightness that makes them fascinating and suggestive when used in low light. The same thing also for the sound emitted, evocative at the right point, but to be exploited without disturbing the people around too much.
Put the Sword Away at The End of The Game
Once an imaginary challenge or clash is over, it is good to remember to turn off the sword and place it in a safe place, without risk of damage to things and people and above all away from any passageways that could cause it to break or ruinous fall.