When you come home from work, there is nothing better than a nice massage. Often you ask your partner, but since it is a real art, not everyone can have the necessary talent. So either go to an expert or rely on a neck massager.
Doing a massage on the neck and back can be a real cure-all in case of pain and contracture, but you don’t always have the time and resources necessary for sessions at specialized centers.
A valid alternative can be the cervical massager, a device capable of reproducing the same manual movements aimed at muscle and circulatory stimulation, conceived and studied to alleviate the ailments caused by neck pain, inflammation or minor trauma.
Here we have selected the best neck massagers that are the latest and best of the current time.
- ALLEVIATE ACUTE PAINS & MUSCLE SORENESS: Save your precious time and hard earned money with a RESTECK shiatsu massager kit. Minimize acute pains that would hinder your every move and enjoy life to the fullest. Ease neck stiffness, eliminate constant fatigue, soothe aching muscles and promote proper blood circulation.
- ENJOY A DEEP MASSAGE EVEN ON THE GO: One of the greatest things about this shiatsu massager is its portable nature. Enjoy a rejuvenating massage even on the go with our massager pillow. Great for road trips, traveling, camping, car use, the office and more. It comes in a wonderful leather pouch for hassle free carrying and storage
- CONTROL HEAT & STIMULATION TO YOUR NEEDS: This shiatsu massager has 4 buttons for facilitated use. Regulate the heat to achieve the coziest massage ever depending on your needs. Choose the right stimulation mode. Lay back and relax. The clever bidirectional kneading nodes ensure endless comfort and massaging pleasure
- MASSAGE EVERY INCH OF YOUR BODY: Explore the multipurpose nature of our shiatsu kneading massager pillow today. Works miracles all over your body from head to toe! Use on your neck, shoulder, back and legs. Great for your glutes, calves and even your feet. Enjoy a full body and stimulating massage in the comfort of your living room!
- GET THIS THERAPY MASSAGER WITH CONFIDENCE: Satisfying our customers is our top priority. That is why this massager is backed by our LIFETIME warranty policy! In the unlikely event of ever having any issues with it. Get your shiatsu kneading massager pillow today or make a thoughtful gift to a dear friend or beloved family member!
- Adjustable intensity button providing 3 different speeds, from low,medium and high depending on your preference.
- Features 8 deep-kneading Shiatsu massage nodes to sooth tired, relieve muscle tightness.
- Built in advanced heat function transfers warmth to muscles. Automatic shut down in 20 minutes.
- 3D-Rotation kneading massage rollers in ergonomic U-design, perfect for office, vehicle and home, UL approved power adapter and a car adapter are included.
- Can be used for body massage, neck, shoulder, back, leg, waist massage.
- Relieves Sore Muscles & Stiffness: with the powerful 3-dimensional deep-kneading shiatsu massage nodes that help relax overused and tight muscles (automatically changes direction every minute)
- Versatile: and ergonomic compact pillow massager fits perfectly behind your neck and body contours of lower and upper back, abdomen, calf, and thigh areas
- Overheat Protection & Advanced Heating Function: soothes aching muscles that can be turned on & off with ease. Comes with a free sleeve to lessen the intensity of the massage and a car adapter to relax and enjoy your long commute to work or for road trips
- Needs to be Plugged: into a wall or power outlet for it to work. The shiatsu neck massager is NOT rechargeable or cordless. The UL-approved power adaptor works with both 110-120V & 220-240V electrical outlets
- Lifetime Support & FDA-Listed: 100% satisfaction means the world to us. That is why we provide lifetime support to all of our customers. Zyllion products are covered by a full 1-year warranty (2 years with registration). If anything happens to your device within a 1-year period, we will send you a replacement model at no cost to you
- TENS NECK MASSAGER FOR PAIN RELIEF - In this day and age, your neck is suffering from great pressure after desk work or smart phone, Makes your head increases the pressure and becomes up to 5 times heavier causing neck pain poor posture and fatigue. With TENS Electric Pulse Neck Massager, give the much-needed relaxation to your muscle tension and cervical fatigue. It not just relaxes the stressed muscle tissues but regulates the blood circulation as well. A best gift for your family and friends.
- 6 MODELS 15 LEVELS OF INTENSITY WITH 4 POINT THERMOSTATIC HOT COMPRESS - Equipped with 107.6°F constant-temperature and warm compress technique. PLEASE TURN OFF the heating button if unable to bear. It utilized 4-point fixed heating design & 3D magnetic electrode pads to give out electric current at a minimal intensity in order to improve the effectiveness of massage. There are 6 different modes (PLEASE change other modes if don't like Acupuncture Mode) & 15 levels strength to meet your needs.
- ERGONOMICS DESIGN FOR HUMAN NECK THAT COMFORTABLE TO WEAR - Electric Pulse Neck Massager is an electric pulse massager that eases muscle tension and cervical fatigue. The neck relax device comes with Ergonomic Design and its U shape was adopted in accordance with the human neck cervical. Cunmiso intelligent neck massager has been carefully engineered to provide its users maximum comfort, convenience and truly effective professional pain relieve therapeutic massage at home under 15 minutes.
- NO MORE WIRES! ENJOY MASSAGE ANYTIME ANYWHERE WITH LARGE CAPACITY BATTERY - With no wires running from the controller to the pads, you can use it anytime anywhere. The cordless neck massager is light and thin, only 0.35lb. The built-in large capacity battery allows you to enjoy a comfortable massage for 10 days after 1 hour fully charged (the green light is always on after full charged) , 15 minutes per day ( With a 15 mins auto-off function to avoid overuse)
- CAUTION PLEASE! - CANNOT BE USED IF YOU HAVE METAL IMPLANTS，or PACEMAKERS!! This could possibly apply also to dental implants! PLEASE ask your doctor! This intelligent neck massager uses low frequency electric pulse therapy, you may feel an electric shock when you use, which is normal. PLEASE FULL CHARGE the massager and wipe the neck and the 2 metal pads with wet washcloth or cream BEFORE USE. PLEASE read the instructions carefully before use, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- RELAXING: This is a great Shiatsu massager for deep tissue pain relief. The movements of this massager helps relax your neck, shoulder and back. It has 8 massage rollers and bi-directional movement to provide relief for your pain. The heat function helps relax you even further. Your back, shoulder and neck will thank you after using this massager!
- HEATED: The relaxing heat of this neck and shoulder massager can be used to ease muscle tension, stress and promote blood circulation to your neck, back or shoulder. This massager comes with an infrared heat function to provide deep tissue relaxation.
- ADJUSTABLE: The intensity of this massager can be adjusted to exactly how you like it. this Neck and Back Massager comes with 3 Speed Strength Levels to give you just the right amount of pressure. This Neck and Shoulder Massager has 2 massage directions to mimic the motion of an in-person massage experience.
- PORTABLE: The Invospa Neck and Back Massager comes with a wall adapter and portable car charger for use on the go. This Shiatsu massager also comes with a travel bag so you can take it anywhere. The portability makes this a perfect gift for Mom, Dad or any of your loved ones!
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: If you are not 100% satisfited with your purchase we'll refund your money back; no questions, no hassle. We are confident you'll enjoy the Invospa Neck and Back Massager but if there's ever any issue we want you to have the peace of mind of knowing we stand behind our product 100%.
- 8 Deep-Shiatsu Kneading Massage Nodes. Our neck massager help you better with alleviate muscle soreness, ease neck stiffness, eliminate constant fatigue, and relax yourself after a long day work
- Easy and Safe to Use. Built-in infrared advanced soothing heat function, the massager will improve your blood circulation, and it is settled within 15 minutes overheating auto-shut off protection. (Can be turned off manually)
- Adjustable Intensity. This shoulder massager has 3 speed strength level, so you can get the best pressure to relieve muscle pains and the long handle straps can be used to adjust the massage position and strength as well
- Durable and Comfortable Matreial. Made of high-quality PU leather and breathable mesh fabric, Nekteck back massager is easy to use and clean. (The zipper is reversed design)
- Great Gift Choice for who you loved. Perfect for home, office, car and travel use, it has a AC adapter and a Car adapter (all are UL listed);1 year warranty and life-time support from Nekteck, just get this massager to your friends and families
- ⚡Pulse heated neck massage, 107.6oF constant temperature fomentation. The neck massager can simulate real human massage to promote blood circulation, relieve your neck pain, active tissue cells, relieve shoulder tiredness, and finally relax your whole body.
- 🔥The electric neck massager has 3 pulse modes and 15 intensity settings. You can choose the most suitable mode for reducing muscle pain or body tension. The pressure point massager can meet all you need.
- ✅This smart neck massager uses low-frequency electric pulse therapy. If your neck is dry, before use please wipe neck with a wet towel and use the experience it better. Do not use it when implantation of pacemakers or carrying metal in the body. When you use it for the first time, you may feel an electric shock, it is normal, long-term use it will be better.
- 🎁It not only a neck massager with heating, but it also a nice gift for your mom and your grandpa. For Mother's Day, Thanks Giving Day, Christmas, and New year.
- 💡We provide a 12-month warranty and life-time friendly help. If you have any problem with the product, please contact with no hesitate.
- ADJUSTABLE STRAPS: Our neck and shoulder massager has adjustable arm straps, create a fit that is “just right” for varying human physiques. The shoulder massager can be shared usage among family and friends. Best birthday gifts for mom dad wife husband.
- COMFORTABLE HEAT MASSAGE: Two 4-finger shiatsu massage nodes rotate bidirectionally with 3 optional speeds to replicate in-person massage experience. 2-level focal heat technology further release soreness and fatigue to create comfort
- SKIN-FRIENDLY & SANITARY: Soft, breathable fabric reduces friction. and is removable to wash for long-term hygiene. Premium PU leather can be kept clean with a simple wipe. Sleek gray color makes a modern look and feel.
- ERGONOMIC SHAPE: This electric neck massager is designed with ergonomic “U” shape to wrap around neck/shoulder area snugly like a reassuring cuddle, delivering optimum comfort for stress relief and peace of mind.
- CARRYING BAG: Our back and neck massager come with a sleek carrying bag. Keep things tidy and make it possible to enjoy a deep tissue massage in home, car, office or anywhere.
- Perfect Gift: Great gift idea for all your loved ones, Father's Day, Mother's Day, Birthdays, Anniversary, Christmas or any special occasions. AC power adapter and a car adapter are included
- Cordless Massager: Enjoy a thorough massage wherever you go without fussing over a tangled mess of cords. Just sit back, relax, and let the massager soothe your aching muscles. You can easily recharge the battery when you’re done
- Long-Lasting Battery: The massager functions for up to 3 hours with the rechargeable lithium-ion battery (depending on the heat level and massage speed selected)
- 2 Heating Levels: With adjustable infrared heating (low/high), massager provides the necessary warmness to ease muscle tension and stress. Gentle heat helps in improving the blood circulation
- 3 Intensity Levels: Choose between 3 speed levels to get the perfect massage, meeting all your needs whether you use it in car/home/office chair
- 8 MASSAGE NODES: Get the neck and shoulder massage you need now with 4 large and 4 small kneading nodes for a total of 8 contact points on deep tissue areas such as the neck, shoulders, back, legs, arms, thighs and more. Relax your body, relax your mind!
- HEAT THERAPY ELECTRIC BACK MASSAGE: Take your treatment to the next level with the built-in heat therapy, which is the best way to relieve stress and fatigue and improve blood circulation. Get a warm, pleasant massage which leaves you feeling refreshed.
- 3D DEEP SHIATSU MASSAGER: If you’re looking for a powerful, 3D massage, look no further than this stress-relieving miracle machine. Working your body in 2 directions and with an auto-reverse function, you can hit all the sore spots in no time!
- ERGONMIC DESIGN NECK MASSAGE PILLOW: Other electric back massagers are hard to control, but this one comes with hand loops on either side so that you can pull the massager towards your body. Plus the convenient button position lets you control the massager without too much effort.
- COMPACK & PORTABLE, GREAT MOTHER'S FATHER'S DAY GIFT IDEAL: Wherever you need relief, you can get it thanks to the included wall adapter and vehicle adapter, so you can massage at home, at work or in-between in your car. Makes a great, healthy gift for friends and family.
Best Neck Massagers Buyer Guide
Neck Pain: Symptoms and Causes
With cervical pain (in medical jargon cervicalgia) it indicates a pain localized in correspondence of the neck, generally at the level of the muscles and the cervical vertebrae, or in the upper part of the vertebral column.
Very often the feeling of being unwell is such that it can extend to the head and upper limbs, or to radiate downwards also involving the back, more frequently at the level of the lumbar area.
The symptoms that arise are varied and can manifest themselves either discontinuously, only when a certain position is assumed, or as chronic pain or even in the form of a set of disorders.
The most typical ones are neck pain and stiffness (what in common language we call “stiff neck”) and headache; in the case of more severe inflammations, back pain, loss of strength, tingling in arms and hands, feeling of nausea, dizziness, and ringing in the head may also occur.
In most cases, and particularly in youth, cervical pain is due to a simple contracture the muscles of the neck and shoulders, caused by a sudden movement or a draft of air; it is, therefore, a passing trauma, which disappears after a few days, remaining an isolated episode.
The cause of chronic problems can be rather states of anxiety or nervous stress or, very often, a poor posture is the case of those who lead a sedentary life, perhaps spending many hours in front of a computer or with a bent back on the books, a position where the weight of the body rests entirely on the spine.
Finally, in severe cases, neck pain is due to more serious trauma, such as an injury due to accidents, or real pathologies such as herniated disc or cervical osteoarthritis.
Cervical Massager: What It Is and What It Is Used For
Usually, the recommended therapy to combat cervical problems due to muscle contractures involves postural exercises accompanied by decontracting massages: these are precisely massages that act on contracted muscles, tendons, and tissues, dissolving them and relieving inflammation to restore normal tone muscle.
Even the shiatsu massage is a valuable aid in case of neck pain. In essence, this treatment is based on acupressure (in Japanese, shiatsu means “finger pressure”), or a pressure performed with fingers, knuckles or the palm of the hands, and acts mainly at the level of the joints, reducing tension in the affected areas.
These treatments are carried out at specialized physiotherapy or message centers however, you do not always have the time or resources to use them with due frequency. In these cases, a good alternative can be represented by electric cervical massagers.
In essence, these are instruments that, positioned on the appropriate areas of the body, reproduce on them the pressures and movements typical of manual stimulation, improving blood circulation in the tissues the relaxation of the muscles.
The treatment carried out by an electric massager is not comparable to the manual one, performed by a professional and customized according to the needs and specific health of the user.
If you suffer from serious trauma or real pathologies in the cervical area, it is good to ask for a medical opinion about the adequacy of this type of instrument, to be sure of being able to use them in complete safety.
In general, the advantage of these devices is linked to the fact that they can be used comfortably at any time of the day, not only in one’s own home in front of the TV but also in the office and even in the car; moreover, their cost is much lower than that of a series of sessions at a massage center.
Electric cervical massagers are therefore practical and small-sized products, designed for those who suffer from chronic non-severe cervicalgia and have a frequent need to relax the muscles of the neck and back, or even for those who simply want to take a moment to daily relaxation at home, without necessarily having to book a massage session and go to a professional studio.
There are various types of cervical massagers on the market. In general, as regards the structure, these tools can be divided into three types:
- Massage Cushions: these massagers have no integrated sleeves or handles and have, as the name suggests, a shape reminiscent of a classic pillow, to be adhered to on the neck and shoulders. Precisely because they do not have sockets from which to grasp them, to use these appliances, it is necessary to place them, for example, on the back of the sofa or armchair. In addition to the cervical area, these massagers can be easily moved to treat different areas of the body;
- Massagers with Sleeves or U -Shaped: these massagers also consist of a sort of curved cushion, designed to be placed around the neck or shoulders; unlike the previous type, however, two sleeves or “armrests” in which to insert the arms are connected to this cushion. These, in addition to promoting greater stability of the device, allow you to adjust the intensity of the treatment since by pulling or loosening the grip it is possible to vary the pressure that the masseur exerts on the body. Like the pillow models, also the massagers with sleeves can be used not only on the cervical area but also on the rest of the back and possibly on the legs;
- Collar Massagers: these are massagers whose shape resembles that of a collar, and which must be wrapped around the neck to be used. For this reason, they are less versatile since due to their structure they cannot be used in other areas of the body;
- Handle Massagers: these massagers consist of a more or less long handle at the end of which a massaging surface, generally circular in shape, is connected. The handle allows you to hold the tool and then position it on the area to be treated; unlike the first three models, however, these are much more basic massagers. The massaging surface is, in fact, rather small, consequently, also the relaxing effect will be less widespread. On the other hand, this type of massager is very versatile, since the slightly extended surface can be positioned easily on practically the whole body, so much so that many of them are also used to carry out anti-cellulite treatments.
Neck Cervical Massager
The first two types are however more sophisticated, which is why their structure is more refined, with certain attention linked to comfort and practicality: for this reason, the massage cushions and the massagers with sleeves usually have padding, so as to be more comfortable in contact with the body.
Cervical Massager Padding
Another structural element that can vary depending on the model concerns the arrangement of the controls. Some massagers, for example, are distinguished by an integrated push-button panel.
This is the case of massagers with sleeves, whose controls are generally arranged on one of the sleeves, more or less at shoulder height, or even some cushion models, which they have a series of controls on the sides or on the upper part of the structure.
The heads, also called “rollers” or “knots”, are those components of the cervical massagers which, moving in contact with the area to be treated, are in fact in charge of the actual massage. These are small spheres, generally made of plastic, which can perform three types of movement:
- from left to right;
- from top to bottom;
- from outside to inside.
The electric cervical massagers whose heads are designed to perform all the movements listed above are also called ” 3D “.
Alternatively, the heads perform the massage by oscillating very quickly, with a movement called vibrating.
Depending on the type of massager, and therefore on the size of the treatment surface, the heads are present in smaller or greater quantities: for example, from the models with handle, which can also have a single rotating sphere, to the cushion models.
Which usually have from 2 to 4 heads, to get to the massagers with sleeves or U, which instead can count up to 8. In general, the greater the number of heads, the greater the intensity of the massage.
Other features to keep in mind when choosing a cervical massager concern the type and variety of programs that distinguish it. The programs essentially concern the type of movement performed by the heads and are commonly divided into four types:
- Shiatsu Program: it is generally performed by masseurs equipped with 4 or 8 heads, which rotate in three directions on a rather large surface, in order to realistically simulate the acupressure typical of shiatsu massage. It is usually a rather intense massage;
- Rotating Program: the heads perform rotational movements, going to loosen and relax the muscles with a slightly lighter massage;
- Vibration: the massage is performed through a very fast oscillation of the heads;
- Electrostimulation: it is finally possible to find special cervical massagers on the market, which act on the areas to be treated by means of electrostimulation, that is, low-frequency electrical stimulation, comparable to the techniques used in physiotherapy centers; the heads, in this case, are made up of real electrodes.
As regards the functions, however, cervical massagers can present different options, depending on whether they are more or less sophisticated models.
These elements obviously affect the versatility and cost of the appliance, since they allow us to offer a treatment that is as realistic and personalized as possible according to your preferences and physical needs. Here are the most common functions:
- Intensity Adjustment: this is the possibility to adjust the movement of the massage heads by choosing between two or more speed levels, depending on whether you want a more or less intense treatment;
- The Direction of Rotation of The Heads: many cervical massagers provide the possibility to choose the direction of rotation of the heads, which can rotate clockwise or counterclockwise to offer an even more complete massage;
- Infrared: models equipped with this function emit a light invisible to the human eye, which is perceived in the form of heat. By heating slightly, the heads distribute the heat even on the areas to be treated, promoting natural relaxation of the muscles and increasing the effectiveness of the massage;
- Timer: some cervical massagers have a timer that automatically changes the direction of rotation of the heads every two minutes;
- Automatic Switch-Off: this function allows the electric massager to switch off automatically to avoid the contraindications of a too-long message. Generally, it is not recommended to continue beyond 15 minutes per treatment.
Cervical Massager Functions
The last factor to consider when choosing the cervical massager concerns the type of power supplies that distinguishes it: on the market, we can, in fact, find models powered by the mains, with a rechargeable battery (generally lithium-ion ), or, more rarely, with replaceable batteries.
The first type is probably the most common and is perfect for those who plan to use the cervical massager with a certain frequency since these models can be used at any time by connecting the cable to a power outlet.
On the other hand, precisely, for this reason, mains-powered massagers oblige to position themselves near an outlet, and can be uncomfortable when the cable supplied is not long enough to allow some freedom of movement.
Car Adapter Cervical Massager
The models powered by rechargeable batteries, on the other hand, have an internal battery which is recharged by means of a special cable, so instructions must be followed regarding the correct recharging times.
These massagers can be used anywhere, without the worry of having to look for a power outlet, and their internal battery ensures prolonged use without risk of long-term performance drops.
The latter consideration also applies to replaceable battery cervical massagers which, however, involve the need to remember to change the batteries.
When these are exhausted and therefore to face a certain frequency, the expense of the purchase of new batteries. For this reason, these models are not the ideal solution for those who want to make intense use of the massager.