This is a device that, through its system of lenses and an illuminator, transmits the video signal or the images coming from the source device (for example a computer), on a surface.
Such an instrument can be useful for various reasons: leisure (see a movie), work (for PowerPoint presentations), gaming (connect Ps4 and Xbox) and much more.
Right here we have selected the best projectors for you. These devices can turn your room into home theater and these are also portable.
- SUPERIOR VIEWING EXPERIENCE: Supporting 1920x1080 resolution, VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is powered by MStar Advanced Color Engine, which is ideal for home entertainment. 2020 upgraded LED lighting provides a superior viewing experience for you. (Not recommend for PowerPoint or other office presentation)
- MULTIMEDIA PORTABLE PROJECTOR: VANKYO Leisure 3 projector is perfect for video viewing, TV series watching as well as photo browsing. It can be easily connected to your smartphone, PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE or Wii to enjoy diversified games. A customized bag is designed for easy carry and convenient storage.
- BIG SCREEN SIZE: It provides a watching size from 32” to 170” with the projection distance between 4.9ft to 16.4ft. 6.5 ft is the recommended viewing distance and it’s straightforward to achieve a clear and regular image by the focus and keystone correction adjusting.
- FAN NOISE SUPPRESSION SYSTEM: VANKYO projectors are equipped with an innovative cooling system which contains heat dispersion and noise suppression technology that halves the fan sound. (Power input : 100V-240V 50/60Hz)
- SMARTPHONE CONNECTION AVAILABLE: Without installing any app, you can easily realize the smart-phone connection. An extra Lightning to HDMI adapter is needed for iPhone connection while Micro USB/Type C to HDMI adapter is needed for Android phone connection.(Adapter is sold separately)
- VERSATILE PROJECTOR: Advanced visual features ideal for use in education and small business environments
- BIG SCREEN PROJECTION: Projects 120 inches from 15-feet 8-inches. The image size is from 30-300 inches and the noise range is 27dB in 3600 lumens
- EASY SETUP: Simple setup and control; just plug & play your presentations, videos, and pictures. Throw Ratio - 1.96~2.15. Throw Distance: 1.19m-13.11m(100 inch @3.98m)
- LONG LAMP LIFE: SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours. Resolution Support - VGA(640 x 480) to FullHD(1920 x 1080)
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage, 1-year of lamp coverage, and access to our US-based customer service team
- 2020 UPGRADED BRIGHTENESS: As GooDee best seller projector, we improved the brightness, added 80% brighter than other ordinary projectors. 3000: 1 contrast ratio provides a brighter image and wider viewing even in slight light or outdoor place such as Backyard, Garage and Camping.
- 1080P SUPPORTED & LATEST COOLING SYSTEM: Supporting 1080P Full HD with 1280*768p native resolution, offers a ultra accurate & vivid video quality. We adopt the newest cooling system, improved fan design and the application of innovative materials to reduce the noise, extend the bulb life time, create a quieter and warmer environment.
- 230" MAX SCREEN & INTERNAL HI-FI STEREO: Giant 230 inches display size with an aspect ratio of 16: 9/4: 3. The viewing screen is 44"-230" with distance 4. 9ft-18ft, 98" screen with distance 10ft is optimal. Complete your home theater equipment with 2 built-in 3W speakers. GooDee updated HI-FI Stereo with SRS sound system, provides fantastic powerful and crystal listening experience even without external speakers.
- CONNECT YOUR MULTIMEDIA DEVICES ANYTIME, ANYWHERE: Comes with 2*HDMI/2*USB/VGA/AV ports, this video projector can easily connect with TV Box, Fire Stick TV, Chromecast, PC, laptop, tablet, external speakers, Xbox, DVD player, PS3, PS4, USB stick, media players, iPad, iPhone, Android smartphone and etc. Perfect for playing video, TV series, presentation, outdoor movie, gaming and etc.
- 5 YEARS FACTORY SUPPORT: GooDee provides 5 years for the projector. If you're not completely satisfied with the order, please let us know and you'll be offered a refund or replacement alternatively within the first 2 months. Lifetime professional customer service & Technical. Absolutely risk-free purchase for you.
- WiFi SYNCHRONIZE SMARTPHONE SCREEN: Latest WiFi connecting function is compatible with IOS and Android system. VANKYO Leisure 470 also can directly connect to your smartphone or laptop via a USB/Lightning cable, without the need for an extra HDMI adapter or Wi-Fi environment. The Mirror display function doesn't support protected videos, because of copyright. (Netflix, Amazon Prime Video and Hulu).
- REMARKABLE CLARITY AND BRIGHTNESS: Leisure 470 is 80% brighter than other equivalent projectors. MStar Advanced Color Engine and 3500: 1 contrast provide vivid color and powerful contrast of images. Native resolution is 1280 * 720P, with 1920x1080P supported. Aspect ratio is 16:9/4:3. The lamp life is up to 50,000 hours. ***Note: Not recommended for PPT or office presentations.***
- SUPERIOR HOME THEATER PROJECTOR: The mini projector provides viewing sizes from 39" to 250" with projection distances between 4.27 and 26.57 feet. The large-screen eye-protection light source and built-in 3W*1 stereo speakers let you enjoying the highest-end cinema. You can connect the speakers through the audio port to enhance the sound, which is suitable for Backyard, Home Movie Entertainment, Car Travel, Play Gaming, Party.
- PORTABLE VERSATILE DIGITAL PROJECTOR: Compatible with TV Stick/smartphones/tablets/TV/laptop/USB sticks/TF cards (max 32GB)/DVD players. It can easily connect to your smartphone, PS3, PS4, X-Box ONE or Wii to enjoy games. Customized bags are designed for your carrying and storage.
- 3-YEAR WARRANTY (100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE): VANKYO provides customers with a three-year 100% money back guarantee and professional customer service and technical support. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our customer service.
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like colors in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches in 3500 lumens
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive SuperColor technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment
- REDUCED INPUT LATENCY: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- LONG LAMP LIFE: SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 15,000 hours
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage, 1-year of lamp coverage, and access to our US-based customer service team
- 【True HD WiFi Projector On the Go】No need to buy cables to connect devices to larger screens. Wireless screen mirroring movies, videos, apps, games, photos on the mobile devices to the big screen anytime without the hassle of cords, adapters and dongles. AirPlay, Miracast, compatible with iOS/ Android/ Samsung Smartphones, /PCs/Mac and Windows 10 Laptops.
- 【Enhanced 5000Lux brightness】Upgraded 5000lux is 40% brighter than the original 3900lux. 1280x720 native resolution,1080p supported, 50000 hours for rich detail in different scenes. The fan noise decreased by 15% than ordinary projector. Perfect for home entertainment and home office
- 【Wireless Screen Mirroring in 5 Seconds】Simply 2 steps to cast content from your mobile or laptops. 1. Go to Settings, connect to projector WiFi named “Mirroring-EBCE88”, enter password: 12345678, Turn on the Screen Mirroring settings in the control center and connect to “Mirroring-EBCE88”
- 【Multimedia Projector】 Bomaker projectors has wifi function, which enable fast wireless connection with iPhone, iPad, Mac, Huawei, Android phones and Laptop. (Supporting Miracast on devices that come with Windows 10. Miracast Android devices include those that are 4.2 and later.)
- 【Giant Home Cinematic Theater】 Miracast what you’ve seen on small screens to 35-300’’ giant screen, instantly – The ideal distance is 8.2-11.4 ft with 80-100’’ large screen. Enjoy outdoor movie nights with your family!
- [FULL HD 1080P SUPPORTED] VANKYO LEISURE 410 performs incredible images with Full HD 1080P supported. The 2020 UPGRADED portable projector runs bright, razor-sharp images with 4000Lux, ensuring your fantastic watching experience.
- [LARGE SCREEN FOR ENTERTAINMENT] VANKYO LRISURE 410 delivers 33"-200" image with projected from 3.6ft to 21.7ft. With detailed design for display, you can enjoy the best image with projection distance 9.8ft.
- [MULTIPLE MEDIA &COMPATIBILITY ] Coming with TV, VGA, USB, SD, AV, HDMI, Audio ports, the projector supports the stable connection for multimedia like laptop, IOS/Android device etc, compatible with TV stick, PS3,PS4 and X-Box etc.
- [MUTE FAN & BUILD-IN SPEAKER] Equipped with an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion and noise suppression technology, there’s hardly noise when the projector working. The build-in speaker is loud enough for supporting most use.
- [PERFECT FOR HOME THEATER] The mini projector is a good choice to build up a home theater. It will immerse yourself into a veritable cinema in a room dark enough with connecting a extra surrounding sound system.
- 1080p Native Resolution: Our latest model BL98 projector has an impressive native 1920*1080P resolution enhanced by an aspect ratio of 4:3/16:9 to bring the highest quality projection images to you. Projection size ranges from 35" to 300" with distance between 4ft and 25ft. The TFT LCD technology light source on the environmental lamp extends lamp life to 50000 hours!
- Outstanding Brightness Performance: GooDee’s top-of-the-line BL98 HD projector focuses on enhancing the brightness of projection effect to reduce eye fatigue and present the best image quality. Our experiment shows that BL98 is 80% brighter than most of the projectors with similar lux, The contrast ratio is also enhanced to provide a balance visual experience.
- Home Theater & Outdoor Experience: To meet your audio-visual needs, BL98 home projector also has built-in powerful speaker creates theater experience when watching games and movies, browsing photos or playing games! Meanwhile, you can enjoy this touch projector in party, outdoor theater, in any space no matter indoors or outdoors.
- Multiple Interfaces & Multimedia Applications: BL98 movie projector’s interfaces include: HDMI*2, USB*2, AV, TF, VGA and headphone and compatible with TV box, smartphones (HDMI converter is not included), PCs, Laptops, Tablets, DVD/VCD players, SD Card, USB Flash Drive, Game Station, XBOX, Media Players(Music, Pictures, Video, TXT), etc.
- 5-Year Service Guarantee: GooDee offers 2 months free return for full refund & replacement and 5-year warranty for all-covered repairs. Lifetime professional customer service & Technical support provides 7/24 comprehensive service.
- 【ADVANCED WIRELESS MINI PROJECTOR】 VANKYO Wireless Video Projectors brings accessibility, affordability and wireless freedom to you. With especially portable designed for home entertainment, the LED video projector enables to share screen from IOS or Android devices wirelessly and conveniently.
- 【STUNNING ENTERTAINMENT EXPERIENCE】 Incredible 1080p supported VANKYO Leisure 3W Mini Projector is ideal for your home theater and outdoor activities. With Optimum projection screen from 33” to 176”, the video projection distance varies from 3. 28ft to 18. 04ft, bringing an astonishing cinematic experience.
- 【COMPACT MULTIPLE CONNECTIVITY】 For a portable projector as VANKYO Leisure 3W, it is compatible with TV Stick, Chromecast, PC, laptop, Xbox, TF card, IOS or Android devices, etc. The enhanced multimedia projector features a variety of choices for you to enjoy games, movies, TV series or photos sharing.
- 【LOWER NOISE & COOLING SYSTEM】 Equipped With a breakthrough fan noise suppression system as well as an innovative cooling system with heat dispersion, VANKYO Ultra-quiet Video Projector provides exceptional, color-rich performance and immersive images you can’t get from a flat-panel TV.
- 【THREE-YEAR & PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT】 VANKYO has 3 months free return for full refund and 3-year free repair, ensuring a long-term professional customer service and technical support. If you have any problem, please feel free to contact us.
- ★【Superior Home Theater Projector 】2020 Upgraded mini projector equipped with 2000:1 contrast ratio, supported 1080p resolution, brings you a 35% brighter images than similar projectors in market. It provides you with a premium home cinema experience with the bigger screen and clearer image.
- ★【Big Screen & Built-in Speakers】The mini projector has a 32~170 inches projection display size with 1m to 5m projection distance. Built-in speakers offer excellent loud sound quality, you can also connect it to external speakers to meet your higher quality sound needs.
- ★【Low Noise & Long Lamp Life】The projector is lower in noise and more durable than previous models thanks to advanced fan cooling technology. Powerful cooling system cools the heat of lamp efficiently, extending the bulb life to 55,000 hours, which means you can use it more than 15 years.
- ★【Multiple Devices Connection & Portable】This portable movie projector is fit for playing videos, TV series, photos sharing, football matches etc. It can be easily connected with laptops, smartphones, tablets, USB drives, X-Box ONE to enjoy big games. ★★★When connect with phone, an extra HDMI adapter is needed. Please kindly note projectors with mirrored are incompatible with Netflix and Hulu due to copyright issues.★★★
- ★【2 Year Satisfied Warranty】Our team offers every customer 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you have any problems while using, please feel free to contact us. Please rest assured that we also have 2 year warranty. Not recommended for PPT, or business presentation, it is a home theater projector. You can enjoy the fun at outdoor journey in dark.
Things to Check Before Buying Projectors
1. Intended Use
The first and fundamental evaluation to make, before buying a projector, concerns the use that you intend to do with it. Based on the use you want to make of the projector, you will have to evaluate some technical characteristics, which can make it suitable.
For example, for completely dark or partially illuminated rooms, and suitable for watching movies or more suitable for general use, such as the showing a Power-Point presentation, or playing video games, watching photos or more.
The characteristics that influence the intended use, and that you will have to take into consideration, are the brightness of the lamp and the contrast of the image.
The brightness of the light beam emitted by a projector lamp is measured in lumens (lm), and determines how visible the projected image will be in the presence of ambient light: the lower the brightness, the dimmer the image in an environment, even partially lighted.
On the other hand, a projector with less brightness needs a less illuminated environment for the image to be visible, but the rendering at the definition level is better.
We can identify three bands of brightness as a reference for choosing the projector:
- 1500-2500 lm: home theater projectors, require a completely dark environment
- 2500-4000 lm: general-purpose projectors, require a partially darkened environment
- 4000 lm and beyond: office projectors, they also perform well in illuminated environments
As we have mentioned, higher brightness normally leads to poorer image yield: in particular, a very bright projector causes losses in terms of contrast. There will, therefore, be a lesser sense of the depth of the images and the color range, in particular as regards films. The more the lamp emits light, the more technically difficult it is to keep dark areas in the image.
For these reasons, home theater projectors have a low brightness and require a completely dark environment for optimal performance, while projectors for more general or office use are much brighter, to project visible images even in semi-illuminated environments.
Also as regards the contrast, we can indicate the values that have relevance for use:
- 600000: 1: high-end home theater projectors
- 50000: 1: versatile home theater and general-purpose projectors
- 10-25000: 1: general purpose projectors
It should be remembered that the lamps of the projectors, except those that use LED technologies, have a maximum life span, and that the brightness of the lamp is progressively decreasing with use until the moment of replacement arrives
2. Quality of The Projection
Once established on what type of projector you want to orientate yourself, the second factor to take into consideration in your choice is that related to two other technical characteristics that affect the quality of the projected image.
On the one hand, it is important to evaluate the resolution supported by the projector, on the other, the minimum and maximum dimensions of the projected screen are also important.
In this field, the projectors do not reserve many surprises, the resolutions available are the same as for computer monitors. The more advanced models, from the prices that we consider today inaccessible, can also touch the Ultra HD resolution (3840 × 2160 p), but it will still take a few years before this becomes a market standard.
Among the commercial devices, some projectors support Full HD resolution (1920 x 1080 p), in particular those oriented towards home theater, or HD (1280 x 720 p), in particular among the projectors for more general use.
If what you are looking for is a projector for watching movies and series, Full HD resolution will be a good feature to have, while if you are looking for an office or didactic projector you can safely postpone and stay on lower resolutions.
Expressed in inches, the dimension measures the length of the diagonal of the projected luminous rectangle. This factor is relevant both if you also need to buy a projection screen and if you want to project images on a white wall.
On the maximum screen size, it must be said, also affects the brightness of the lamp: the less bright the lamp, the smaller the screen.
In principle, the minimum dimensions of the projected rectangle are around 30-40 ” without large variations between more or less bright models, but it is on the ideal dimensions of the screen that the gap manifests itself.
The projectors with the weakest lamp stop in fact around 150 ” diagonal ideal, while the brightest models can be up to twice the size ( 300 ” ) and beyond.
3. Display Technologies
Among the main factors to be taken into consideration are undoubted all the technologies and features that contribute to defining the quality of the projected image, including the compatibility or otherwise of the device with 3D technology.
In addition to the considerations we have already made in contrast, there are additional features that contribute to making a projected image of good quality, and which are particularly important when choosing a projector, especially if the use you intend to make of it is more oriented to watching movies. Let’s see them one by one:
- Color Range: together with the contrast, it determines the richness of the nuances that the projector can reproduce. A good home theater projector is expected to reach 1.07 billion colors, while among the more general-purpose projectors it is easy to find a range of 16.7 million
- Update Frequency: not unlike monitors and televisions, there are some applications for which the update frequency is very important, for example for the rendering of 3D films and for playing the latest generation of video games. For these two uses, a medium-high end projector with a refresh rate of up to 144 Hz would be better, while for all other uses, 60 Hz may suffice
- Corrections of The Image: since it is not always possible to place the projector with the lens perfectly parallel to the projection surface, very often the projected rectangle is deformed, effectively taking the shape of a trapezoid. A good projector must at least foresee the possibility of rectifying the vertical deformation and adjusting the inclination of the luminaire
Compatibility or not with the contents in three dimensions has not yet become a market standard for all projectors are equipped with the necessary technology.
It must be said that there are specific uses for which it is important, which boil down to home entertainment, for the projection of films in three dimensions or to play video games that are equipped with the 3D option.
For all other uses, and in particular for office use, the ability to view content in three dimensions will be almost irrelevant. So take this factor into account about the use you will make of the projector.
Another factor not to be overlooked in the choice of a projector is the quantity and quality of the inputs and outputs present on the fixture, both video, audio (where present), and network.
Depending on which and how many devices will be connected to the projector, even simultaneously, you may need to have many ports available.
Let’s see in detail which inputs and outputs a good projector can be equipped with.
Obviously, among all, the most important ones are the video inputs. A good projector should be able to receive the signal from all devices, even the less modern ones, and therefore offer at least one input per type: from HDMI to D-Sub, to S-Video, to DVI, in addition to an input for coaxial cable.
The best models, especially those oriented towards home entertainment, usually offer the same range of inputs in larger numbers, offering at least two HDMI inputs, at least one USB port and, depending on the manufacturer, additional proprietary technologies.
On the audio, it must be said that there is a big difference depending on the type of projector. The projectors specifically designed for the home theater are completely devoid of both integrated speakers and audio inputs or outputs in their entirety.
This is because the assumption is that the audio will be entrusted to a separate stereo system, be it surround or not.
The more general or office projectors, on the other hand, aim to manage audio too, so they are usually equipped with one or two front speakers, audio input and also output if you choose to use external speakers.
As in the case of 3D technology, WiFi connection is not yet a widespread standard in projectors, mainly because the transmission of video data on radio frequencies is still not as stable and fluid as through cables.
In any case, some models also provide the possibility of connecting wirelessly to a computer, in particular those projectors designed for office use.
5. Available Settings
Lastly, a relevant factor is the quantity and quality of settings offered by the projector. We refer both to the preset settings for each use of the luminaire, and to the energy-saving operating modes, which not only translate into lower consumption but also in longer lamp longevity.
The best projectors, especially those designed with wide versatility of use, offer the user a range of predefined settings for brightness, contrast, refresh rate, etc. optimized for all types of use.
For example, if present, a “Game” mode usually provides very bright colors, high contrast and a higher refresh rate than a “Cinema” mode.
Likewise, a good projector allows you to select between different screen formats, not only 16: 9 and 4: 3, the most popular formats, but also less common display areas.
Almost all the projectors, unless you buy a very low-end product, have at least one operating mode in energy saving, which moderates the brightness, and consequently the consumption, of the lamp, and regulates the automatic switch-off of the same lamp when no device is connected to the projector.
The more advanced models usually offer different levels of containment of consumption, thus allowing you to find a compromise between the brightness of the projection and energy savings.