Let’s start this guide by making a necessary premise: in this article, we will mainly use the term joystick for PS4 as it is still the most common and the most used, therefore the one that is most familiar to many. It would be more correct to use PS4 joypad since it refers specifically to the type of controller supported by PS4.
The joystick, on the other hand, is the typical controller of older consoles, which had the famous lever and no buttons. The PS4 joypad is one of the core components of the Sony console, which normally includes only one controller. You may, therefore, want to buy another one or replace the one you already own.
Right below are the best quality of the best ps4 joysticks you can choose which one suits you.
- 2 Pairs thumb sticks per purchase
- These thumb sticks are made specifically to fit PS4 Dualshock 4 controllers
- Replace your deteriorating PS4 Dualshock 4 controller thumb sticks , 100% compatible
- Requires technical internal fitting, the controller must be opened to install.(screwdriver not included)
- Package Include:2 Pairs Black thumbsticks
- COMPATIBLE DEVICES: Compatible with PS4 Controller, Xbox One Controller and Xbox Elite Wireless Controller
- GOOD ORIGINAL REPLACEMENT: A good replacement for your damaged or non-working 3D Joystick Axis Analog Sensor Module
- FIX DRIFT: It will fix the drift on Xbox One controllers to make your controller work normally again
- DURABLE MATERIAL: High quality guaranteed, 3D controller joystick axis analog sensor module
- AFTER-SALES SERVICE: If you are not satisfied with our products or have quality problems, please contact us and we guarantee Free...
- Note:Needs moderate soldering. Professional installation is highly recommended, instruction and soldering tools are not included.
- Compatibility: fit for PS4 /PS4 PRO / PS4 SLIM DualShock 4 controller.
- Made of Plastic + Metal,it can make your controller work normally again
- A good replacement for your damaged or non-working 3D Joystick Axis Analog Sensor Module
- Packing included: 4 X 3D PS4 Analog Module
- Official joystick for PlayStation 4 with built-in buttons for the PlayStation (works with PS5 games)
- Designed to adapt to all types of flight, and perfect for use in virtual reality: the throttle is detachable, even in virtual...
- Plug-and-play joystick, for a simplified and intuitive gaming experience
- Other key features: adjustable joystick handle resistance; large, comfortable hand rest; weighted base for optimal stability
- T.Flight Hotas 4 joystick with detachable throttle
- TRUE OEM QUALITY joystick replacement for Xbox One, X, PS4 controllers w/ 10k pots (not for 2k pot controllers, please measure)
- Smooth linear taper on joystick sensors, no deadzone, no sudden transitions, quality controlled to 5% tolerance
- Smooth 360 degree action, no binding in corners, clean return to center
- Crisp toggle press switch
- I have serviced many dozens of controllers over a decade, these are the only legitimate replacements available.
- Compatibility - Replacement old thumbsticks,the set is designed to be direct replacement of the original controller analog stick....
- The thumb Grips button makes your controller stand out from the crowed with a new,fresh look and unique stlying unlike any other.
- Quality - The thumbstick button is made of premium ABS meterial,wear-resistant and durable.Precision design,no modifications are...
- Install - Requires technical internal fitting ,the controller must be opened to install.
- There are plenty of YouTube videos that will walk you through the process, cross screwdriver included help you open the shell very...
- 🌠 Multi-Platform Compatibility: AUGEX wireless controller for ps4 can receive up to 33ft distance. AUGEX remote is compatible...
- 🌠 New Ways to Play: Revolutionary features like the touch pad, integrated light bar offer exciting new ways to experience and...
- 🌠 Precision Control: The feel, shape, and sensitivity of the analog sticks and trigger buttons of the remote for ps4 have been...
- 🌠 Dual Vibration Experience: The wireless remote fits ps4 controller adopts a dual-motion motor design, and can vibrate when...
- 🌠 Sharing At Your Fingertips: The share button of the controllers for PS4 makes sharing your greatest gaming moments as easy as...
- NEEDS MODERATE SOLDERING.PROFESSINAL INSTALLATION IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED,INSTRUCTION OR TOOL IS NOT INCLUDED.
- Tips for disassembly and assembly of screws that are not easily damaged: To unscrew the screws, please place the screwdriver...
- Platform: for Sony PlayStation 4 .
- A good replacement for your damaged or non-working 3D Joystick Axis Analog Sensor Module Platform: Sony PlayStation 4 .
- Package includes: (No retail package) 4 X 3D Analog Joystick+4 x Mushroom Caps+4 x fluorescent button caps+1 x "+" Cross...
- Compatible with PS5 controller, for PS4 all model controllers. If you have any problems about this product, please feel free to...
- The 6 in 1 adjustable plastic analog joystick has 3 different heights. After installing the base, you can choose and switch your...
- 2 different ergonomic thumb grip design. The concave surface can allow your fingers to fit tightly with the joystick for better...
- Mix and match your thumbsticks from 3 different height and 2 different grips to fix different games
- Easy to replace. the screwdriver and prying tools can help you easily open the shell and install the replacement part. Get the...
- ENHANCE GAMING EXPERIENCE: Personalize and enhance your gaming experience with our upgraded silicone thumb grip caps. With the...
- COMFORTABLE: Made of premium silicone material to improve grip, performance and comfort, also protect the analog sticks from long...
- UNIVERSAL: Compatible with Sony PS4, PS3, PS2, Microsoft XBox 360, Xbox One, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Wii U, and Wii Nunchuk...
- EASY TO INSTALL: No tools or wires required. Just flip the cap inside out and then flip it back down to wrap around the analog...
Ps4 Joysticks Buyer Guide
What Types of Ps4 Joysticks Are There?
The most famous controller for PlayStation 4 is the DualShock, which is the original of Sony: it is the one that is sold in the package and, normally, there is only one. For this reason, when necessary, many users buy a joypad equal to the one they already have.
There are also other options, both for manufacturers and models. Some brands like Nacon or Thrustmaster have the official PlayStation license for the production of controllers: therefore, opting for one of these two brands will be a guarantee.
A brand that does not carry the Sony brand is not necessarily poor; of course, you’ll need to make sure it’s compatible with PS4 and the games you want to use it with. There are also other models besides the classic joypad, such as arcade controllers or flight controllers.
How Do You Connect a Joystick for Ps4?
The first time you use the joypad, you will have to connect it to the PS4: this applies both to the controller that you will find in the console package and to one that you bought separately. The process is very simple: just connect the joypad to the turned-on console through a USB cable. Then, press the PS button. Done!
This process must be repeated with each controller you want to use, but you must know that PlayStation 4 allows you to use a maximum of 4 controllers at the same time.
The process of connecting Sony’s unofficial controllers may vary slightly, but it shouldn’t be very complicated. Obviously, before buying them, you need to make sure they are compatible with PS4.
How Do You Charge a Ps4 Controller?
The classic way to charge the joypad is to connect it to the PS4 via the USB cable. For the controller to load properly, the console must be turned on or in sleep mode. If you press the PS button, you will be able to see where the charging is on the screen.
The useful life of the battery depends on the use you will make of the controller: for correct operation, it is recommended to recharge it completely at least once a year. Another option is to recharge the controller through a charging station: there are various models on the market which, of course, must be purchased separately.
Can I Use the Joypad While Charging?
Normally, there should be no problem if you use the joypad while charging. As we said in the previous paragraph, the controller recharges through a USB cable connected to the PS4 console, and, during this period, you can continue playing.
The length of the cable you use will also limit the maximum distance from the console. The use of the joypad while charging should not cause problems (such as overheating) but, if this happens, consult the manufacturer or technical assistance.
What Is the Share Button on The Ps4 Joystick?
The official PlayStation controller, the DualShock, has a button called Share ( share in English): This option allows you to save screenshots or record video clips while playing a game. This is the most social option of PlayStation and from which users benefit greatly.
Thanks to the Share button, you can share your experience with other players: this function allows you to publish the image you saved on Facebook or Twitter and to publish clips (lasting up to one hour) on your social profiles. The most interesting possibility is, all in all, to broadcast your games live via YouTube or Twitch.
How Was the Joystick for Ps4 Born?
The latest PS4 joystick is the natural evolution of the first PlayStation controller, which was much simpler: the first improvement was the addition of the two analogs to allow the player to move using their thumbs. This new controller was called DualShock, which is the name it bears today.
Some of the elements of the original controller have been maintained over time: the famous triangle, circle, square and ics keys or the L and R keys. Other elements, such as wireless connection, vibration, and speaker, have been added later; as for the touchpad, it was introduced with the latest DualShock.
You may need a new controller for various reasons: what did you have broke? Do you want a new joypad to play with a friend? Whatever the reason, there are some factors to consider before finalizing the purchase.
Design is one of the most important aspects of the joypad because it will allow you to feel comfortable while playing. If the surface is slightly rough, it is even better, because the controller will not risk slipping from your hands. Of course, the aesthetic side (color and shape) is also not to be underestimated.
If the controller has LEDs, be careful that they are not annoying while you play, especially if you play in conditions where there is little brightness. Weight is another factor not to be overlooked: the controller must not be too heavy or too light: among other things, the Nacon controllers include a system that allows you to adjust the weight. The presence of a speaker is also a very interesting factor.
If you’ve already played with the PlayStation 4, maybe you’re already used to its joypad. The DualShock, Sony’s official controller, on the left, has directional arrows that allow you to move around the menus and, in some cases, in the game.
On the right are four buttons, triangle, square, circle, and ics, whose function depends on the game being played. Controllers from other brands have a very similar key layout. When choosing the joypad, it is important that, in addition to evaluating the quality/price ratio, you also pay attention to the layout of the keys that best suits your needs.
If you have decided to buy a Sony DualShock joypad, this is an aspect you need not worry about: you simply have to connect it to the console and associate it in the way we explained above. Instead, with other controllers, to avoid nasty surprises, you have to pay attention to compatibility.
The packaging of most joypads specifies which consoles the item is compatible with. If you are buying a different one from Sony, read this information carefully: if it is compatible with PlayStation 4, there should be no problems. If, on the other hand, you are buying a controller that only works if connected via cable, make sure that the connection is made via USB.
This factor is related to the point we just talked about. Some manufacturers have a Sony license to produce items for PlayStation, and therefore have a certain guarantee of quality. As a result, PlayStation licensed controllers will have fewer compatibility issues.
This does not mean that controllers that are not Sony licensed will not work; on the contrary, some of the cheaper controllers are not licensed.
Today you don’t have to make big sacrifices to buy a PS4 joystick because there are accessible options. First of all, however, you need to make sure that the controller has the specific characteristics that are needed to play: there is no use in buying something that is not compatible with the console you have.
Sony’s official PS4 controller, the DualShock, is slightly more expensive than other models, but it also benefits from the official manufacturer’s warranty. If you want to spend more money, Nacon is also a good option: these controllers have features that make them professional category controllers.