Welcome to our article dedicated to the rug. Do you feel like something is missing in your living room? Do you think that its furniture is not complete? It may be that you have carefully chosen all its parts, yet you have not yet managed to get the feeling of home that you are looking for so much. Maybe it lacks heat?
This element can not only be used in the living room since models also exist for other rooms and even outdoors. The key is to always find the most suitable one.
Do you want to give a new look to your home? So, pay attention to this buying guide: it will allow you to discover everything you need to buy your carpet.
Here we had listed out the best rugs that are present below you can choose which one suits you.
- ★Wondering how to keep rugs from slipping? This is a problem that troubles many people. To address it, we provide a new material which works as a rug gripper. This method uses VACUUM TECH design which grips all types of floors firmly and easily. Patent Pending .
- ★Design Feature. This product can easily be glued under any rug. The side facing the floor features tiny suction pores. These pores utilize the VACUUM TECH feature in which whenever pressure is applied from the top, air escapes and creates a low-pressure region within the cups. This produces an adhesive effect, which keeps your rug in place. Does Not Work For Rugs On Carpet Floors.
- ★Advantages. The anti curling rug gripper is less than 1/10 inch thick and inconspicuous after installing. Suction technology firmly sticks to the floor without causing marks or damage, and the gripper easily peels off the floor. It is convenient to wash, as you won’t have to separate it from your carpet for cleaning. The rug tape adds extra comfort underfoot owing to the slightly bouncy nature of suction technology.
- ★Components. This package includes 4 pieces. Each piece is square in order to increase the surface area in contact with the floor. That leaves your kitchen, bathroom, and hallway much more secure. You can even use them outdoors to prevent slipping and flatten corners.
- ★A 1-YEAR Money Back accompanies this product. This ensures that your rug remains securely in place, and helps to prevent accidental slips and falls. If you are not satisfied, send us a message and we will make a refund without any question.
- Elegant Interior Decor: Area rug is 4 x 5.3 Feet, which can provide excellent comfort. Shag bedroom carpet is designed in simple solid colors, creating a peaceful atmosphere for your master bedroom, office or dining room.
- Shaggy Area Rug: Top layer of the extremely soft plush rug is made of microfiber with a sponge in the middle and a non-slip plastic beading bottom, ensuring the shag carpet has excellent fade resistance and stain resistance.
- Massive Non-slip Bottom: Living room rug is covered with thousands of plastic beading dots, which can prevent the rug moving or shifting on the floor or tile. Children and pets can play freely on it. The fluffy carpet is a great decoration for children's bedroom, nursery, classroom and dormitory.
- Tight Stitching Design: Bedroom rug adopts hemming design, which prevents edge from cracking. Carpet designed to provide a sense of luxury and comfort. You can lie on the carpet at will. Just enjoy super warm feeling on your bare feet in the cold winter.
- Easy to Clean: Use a low-power handheld vacuum cleaner to easily remove dust on the surface of the carpet. Wipe with a damp cloth and mild soap to scrub stains. The carpet is packed in a vacuum bag, please let it stand for two days after opening.
- Made in Turkey
- High Quality polypropylene
- Brand New rugs
- Actual size: 7 feet 10 inches Width by 10 Feet 6 inches Length
- 100% Polypropylene, made in Turkey
- Designed with resilience against everyday wear and tear, this rug is made from synthetic material that is kid and pet-friendly and perfect for high traffic areas of your home: living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallways
- Sleek and functional 0.37” pile height allows for convenient placement in entryways and underneath furniture, and will not obstruct doorways
- Stylish and versatile, this purposefully distressed Moroccan-inspired rug embodies a global look that never goes out of style
- Easy to clean and maintain, this rug can be kept looking its best by vacuuming regularly and spot treating any mild stains with mild detergent or rug cleaner
- Made with High Quality Mongolian Faux Fur That Provides the Best Touch and Feeling.
- About 2 ft x 3 ft;the perfect Size for Home Area Rug
- Faux Fur Area Rug Used for Both Chair Seat Cushion or Bedroom Living Room Decor.
- Clean with Damp Cloth, Flat Dry.
- Super Soft Fur, with Leather Feel Bottom
- Actual Dimension: 5 feet 2 inches width by 7 feet 2 inches length
- TOP QUALITY: Produced in Turkey, Luxe Weavers Rugs offers value for every penny spent. While not lagging in alluring aesthetics, it is made from 100% polypropylene, does not wear nor tear quickly, and has an impressive life span.
- STYLISH AREA RUG: Boasts an impeccable blend of a traditional oriental rug and modern rug styles, this transitional area rug makes a bold statement in every floor and space it covers, producing a soothing ambiance.
- OPTIMAL COMFORT: Has a medium pile that delivers cushioned comfort to your feet and body, easily fits under any piece of furniture, and helps to avoid slips and trips due to its firmness.
- LOW MAINTENANCE: This Area rug is stain-resistant and easy to clean. It requires vacuuming without a beater bar or spot-cleaning for only a few minutes. It is equally suitable for high traffic areas and only needs regular maintenance after good use.
- PLUSH TUFTED COTTON - Step onto the plush softness of this thick cotton bath rug. The cushion-like feel will leave you even more relaxed and comfortable after getting out of the tub or shower.
- NON-SLIP TRACTION - The bottom of each bath rug is lightly rubberized for added traction, making them ideal for tiled bathrooms where you need a nonslip surface.
- EXTRA ABSORBENT - Your floor stays dry even after a bath thanks to a super-absorbent design, while the soft tufted cotton dries and warms your feet the moment you step on.
- THE PERFECT SIZE - This cotton bath mat is 20"W x 32"L and is a perfect fit for most bathrooms.
- DEPENDABLY DURABLE - Designed for long-lasting use, this cotton bath rug is extra durable and stays strong, even after multiple uses.
- Finding inspiration from gazing up at the stars, a Gabriel design offers a sense of intrigue and wonderment that you won’t find elsewhere.
- Misty grey, sandy beige, and ocean blue combine to create the refreshing and dreamy color palette of this collection.
- Step onto a Gabriel design and you’ll be transported away on a cloud into the stars.
- Our area rugs are carefully made to suite all types of personal styles. We want to help you create the home of your dreams, so we’ve developed an extensive range of chic designs in smart colors, and we know you’ll find your perfect rug. Cushion your floors with this rug and your steps will feel lighter than ever. Not only will you be incorporating charm and style to your space, but you will also be adding a thick layer of comfort between your feet and floor.
- Kids having a sleepover? All they’ll need is a pillow and it’ll be lights out. With every fiber perfectly placed, this is one of the most comfortable rugs for families.
Things to Consider Before Buying Rugs
Sometimes having too large a choice complicates the decision. This is what can happen when trying to buy the best rug since the possibilities are endless. Not only in terms of design, but also in terms of shape, sizes, colors, fabrics, and other similar issues.
How Are Traditional Rugs Made?
Traditional rugs are made on a loom on which the warp is fixed, a kind of base of vertical threads. On each row of these threads, knots are created and then they are fixed with the weft, which is the horizontal threads.
The threads are alternated to obtain the desired design. Eventually, one side of the carpet will present the fleece and the other knots.
What Features Distinguish Traditional Rugs?
Currently, most rugs are purchased online, in malls or specialty stores. But if you want to buy a more special model, you can opt for those from the Arab and Eastern countries. These are characterized by quality fabrics and a long tradition in the creation of this type of decorative element.
The fabrics are hand-dyed, using 100% natural pigments and each model is unique. The handmade embroideries are usually very showy, they have floral, geometric or animal motifs, among others. If they are original and quality, these rugs will have a rather high price.
Where to Place the Rugs in The Various Rooms?
When buying the best carpet, you need to be clear where you plan to place it. This is a very personal matter and will depend on your tastes, but there are a few details about it that you can take into consideration. For example, the ones that we present below.
Living room. Usually, the carpet is placed in the area of the sofa. It can be a little wider than this piece of furniture and tucked under the front legs. Or, it can be the same size as the sofa or a little smaller, and be placed in front of it.
If the living room is very large, you can opt for a carpet that covers the whole area, i.e. sofas, armchairs, and coffee table.
- Lunchroom. The carpet must completely cover the area of the table and chairs. In addition, each chair must be able to move without protruding from the carpet. So, to choose the most suitable model, add 150 cm to both the width and length of your table, or, if it is round, to its diameter.
- Kitchen. Kitchen rugs are usually placed in the sink and stove area.
- Bedrooms. If you have a bed or cot resting on a wall, the idea is to place the carpet parallel to that wall. When the bed is in the middle of the room, you can place one on each side or on your feet. If there are two beds, you can place a carpet between the two.
- Corridor. In the corridor, you need to leave ten centimeters of space on each side of the carpet, so that it looks good.
Are There Outdoor Rugs?
It is increasingly common to use rugs also outdoors, thanks above all to the efforts of manufacturers to develop new fabrics that adapt to the conditions of these spaces. There are various possibilities, but below we present the three most common.
- Polypropylene. Its fibers are waterproof and do not allow moisture to penetrate. It is important that carpets are subjected to some treatment that protects this material from the sun.
- Vinyl. It is a very durable material, resistant to sunlight and water, and, moreover, it is non-slip. This last feature makes a rug of this type perfect for the pool area.
- Synthetic Grass. It is a kind of carpet made with PVC fibers that imitate natural grass.
If You Have a Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Are the Mats Practical?
In homes, robotic vacuum cleaners are increasingly popular. If you own one, you need to pay attention to the height of the carpet. Below two centimeters, they usually do not present problems.
If the carpet is higher, the robot may not be able to clean it or even get stuck. In addition, the machine may drag a limited thickness model.
We recommend that you search in the device instructions for a section related to this topic and follow the instructions.
Do you think it will be very annoying to have to remove the carpet before cleaning or to place the robot on it to suck the dust? After all, this type of machine is purchased to simplify the job, not the other way around.
Regarding Furniture, What Advice Do You Need to Keep in Mind Before Buying the Best Carpet?
We have prepared this section to allow you to discover some aspects of furniture that you must take into consideration before making your purchase, so as not to choose incorrectly.
- Divisions. In very large rooms, rugs can be used to delimit spaces.
- Unify. The rugs must match the style of the room. It is true that sometimes “impossible” mixes are seen in furniture, but if you are not an expert, it is a very risky decision. It is better to follow the same line.
- Design. If there are already several elements in the room with great decorative weight, try to choose a carpet that goes almost unnoticed.
- Focal Point. The carpet can also become the focal point of the room, that is, the element on which attention is concentrated at the moment you enter it. For example, in the case of traditionalist furniture, it must have a bold style. Another trick you can use is to make sure that one of the wall colors is present on the carpet.
- Changes. For most of us mere mortals, it’s impossible to redecorate your home often. But if you are one of those who do, try changing the rugs and other textiles. In this way, you will be able to give a new atmosphere to the furniture.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rugs?
Are you ready to choose the best carpet? Definitely yes, and certainly you will do it successfully. However, it is important to analyze some purchase criteria again; first, however, we present the main advantages and disadvantages of rugs.
- They Bring Warmth to The Room
- There is an ideal choice for any space
- They protect the floor
- Some Models Are Difficult to Clean
- They tend to accumulate dust
Are you clear about the spaces in your home that you want to decorate with rugs? Most likely yes and perhaps you already imagine the change they will bring in such rooms. However, when making your purchase, don’t neglect these five basic criteria.
- Shape and color
- Children or animals
If a member of your family suffers from dust mite allergy, can you keep a carpet? Yes, but choose its composition carefully. You must avoid natural fabrics, especially wool, and those of greater thickness or with long fur.
Choose synthetic and easy-to-clean materials. Of course, it often sucks up the dust that settles on the carpet.
Shape and Color
Most of the rugs are rectangular, but you will also find different models. Beyond some very singular, round or oval ones are quite common and perfect for a dining table with this shape. In general, models with an original design look very good next to a single bed or in a reading corner.
The carpet can become the heaviest decorative element in a room, so choose it carefully. If the room is not very spacious, always focus on a light-colored model, which will give the impression of a larger space. If, on the other hand, the room is large, it will be more welcoming with a dark-colored carpet.
When buying the best carpet, consider whether a short or long pile is better. Short pile rugs are more resistant and durable. Cleaning them is simple and they are cheaper. In addition, they release less heat.
You can use them in the corridors, in the children’s bedroom, and in the dining room. They are the best choice even if there are people with allergies at home.
Long pile rugs are softer and give the room more warmth. They are ideal both for the relaxation area of a living room and for bedrooms. Do not forget, however, that they are more difficult to clean, because dirt tends to get stuck in the hair. Obviously, these rugs are also more expensive.
Children or Animals
If you have children or pets, it is better to be realistic, not to have to repent then. We, therefore, advise you to choose rugs that are simple to clean. It will be important to be able to vacuum them easily and also to be able to wash them in the washing machine when they are very dirty.
Keep in mind that the carpet will require an additional cost if you have to take it to the dry cleaners once or several times a year. An interesting choice may be vinyl rugs. You will find models with very attractive designs that can be cleaned as easily as the floor.