Welcome to our article dedicated to the rug. Do you feel like something is missing in your living room? Do you think that its furniture is not complete? It may be that you have carefully chosen all its parts, yet you have not yet managed to get the feeling of home that you are looking for so much. Maybe it lacks heat?
This element can not only be used in the living room since models also exist for other rooms and even outdoors. The key is to always find the most suitable one.
Do you want to give a new look to your home? So, pay attention to this buying guide: it will allow you to discover everything you need to buy your carpet.
Here we had listed out the best rugs that are present below you can choose which one suits you.
- Designed with resilience against everyday wear-and-tear, this rug is kid and pet friendly and perfect for high traffic areas of your home such as living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallways
- Sleek and functional 0.37” pile height allows for convenient placement in entryways, underneath furniture, and will not obstruct doorways
- Stylish and versatile, this Moroccan-inspired rug adds the right amount of chic to your space
- A neutral color palette ensures this rug can be seamlessly integrated into any existing décor
- Easy to clean and maintain, we recommend vacuuming regularly and spot treating for any mild stains with carpet cleaner. Dry cleaning recommended for major stains
- High-quality polypropylene pile fiber, known for its legendary durability and endurance, adds longevity to these rugs
- Refined power loomed construction allows for an intricate design and a virtually non-shedding rug
- Contemporary design can be easily integrated into most styles of décor.Backing:Woven
- Pile Height: 0375 inches
- For over 100 years, Safavieh has been a trusted brand for uncompromised quality and unmatched style
- Designed to withstand everyday wear, this rug is kid approved and pet friendly. Perfect for high traffic areas of your home such as living room, dining room, kitchen, and hallways.
- Machine woven with polypropylene fibers for maximum durability.
- This rugs soft, plush pile adds just the right amount of cozy to your space, while the high/low texture adds an extra elevated touch.
- Stylish and neutral, this Moroccan inspired rug adds a modern, chic look to your space.
- Easy to clean and maintain, we recommend vacuuming regularly using the upholstery attachment of your vacuum and when necessary, spot cleaning with a clean cloth. Always test a small area first.
- [PET-FRIENDLY AND DURABLE]: Durable enough for high-traffic areas, this soft and comfortable area rug is perfect for families with kids. Low-pile synthetic rug fibers won’t trap dirt and debris, so they’re pet-friendly and easy to clean. Our trendsetting rug designs are perfect for the living room, dining room, kitchen, entry, bedroom, or home office.
- [STAIN-RESISTANT AND NON-SHEDDING]: This rug is made from synthetic fibers that are water resistant, stain resistant, and help deter mold and mildew. It’s been machine-woven so the rug fibers will stay put. When properly cared for, this rug won’t shed fluff into your home. Natural fibers such as jute may shed temporarily.
- [EASY TO CARE FOR]: Vacuum regularly to prevent grit from breaking down the fibers. Always raise or turn off the beater bars on your vacuum; use a broom to sweep fringed edges clean. Spot clean stains immediately with a mild detergent or carpet cleaning product, then rinse thoroughly and blot dry. Professional rug cleaning is recommended.
- 100% polypropylene
- No backing, use of rug pad is recommended (sold separately)
- Bohemian chic mosaic design has a distressed appearance for classic elegance at a comfortable price point
- Stylishly versatile, this kid and pet-friendly rug is perfect for the bedroom, living room, playroom, foyer, or dining room
- Made from enhanced and virtually non-shedding premium polypropylene fibers providing both comfort and durability
- Sleek 0.375 inch pile height for seamless placement underneath furniture or in entryways
- CONSTRUCTION-Individually hand braided by artisan rug crafters using finest quality 100%jute
- HIGH QUALITY-Woven and braided by sustainably harvested 100% Natural Jute fibers and 100% multi colored recycled fabrics
- CARE TIPS- Spot clean only
- Quality challenge- Fernish Décor has its own manufacturing unit and its own import company so there is no compromise on quality and you get the best product delivered at the best and competitive price.
- Super Soft Fluffy Rug: Fluffy soft rug is made of shaggy microfiber and sponge interlayer, which makes the nursery rug is more comfy and soft; unusual and creative fluffy area rugs that will make a great addition to any bedroom, living room
- Applicable for All Scenarios: This super fuzzy rug is perfect for baby room, nursery room, kids room and it's also suitable for living room, college dorm room, study room and other home decoration; with the fashionable, noble and elegant style, our shaggy rugs should be the ideal choice of modern residential decoration
- Modern Style Design: The modern furniture shape and decoration are simple, we take advantage of the simple line and the reduced decoration to interpret the concept of the modern home decor; the soft fluffy carpet is available in multiple colors and sizes to suit your different style and needs
- Easy to Clean: Please try to gently wash carpet with cold water by hands or use a hand-held vacuum cleaner to remove dust and dirt; if use washing machine, please put it in a laundry bag; after washing, please fully air dry the rugs, the use of drying machine is not allowed
- Christmas Gift Ideas: It's great you have the opportunity to come in and give christmas presents to the your family and spend time with them; whether adults or children, friends or lovers, they will be very happy that you give them this christmas rug as a gift
- Our cozy area rug is ideal for traditional and contemporary rooms as it dampens noise and warms up cold bare floors，create a cozy area and keep your feet away from the Icy Floor in the Cold Winter,you and your children can play and rest on the area rug,enjoy the warmth and comfort from this rug，have a beautiful and warm winter.
- 100% brand new and high-performance multifunctional area rugs are made to last many years, tight weaving ensures it not easy to shed and the edges are hard to dissipate, durable grip dots on the underside of the grip area rug help to prevent it from sliding around on your floors and not easy to abrasion. Environmentally friendly handmade variegated tie-dye adds a touch of low-key luxury, no odor, not easy to fade and not easily contaminated by dust.
- Wide Versatility:This comfy furry shaggy children's bedroom rug, perfect for your boy or girl room, which is the best option for reducing the probability that your child might be injured while playing. Also suitable for home decor, living room rugs, area rugs, a nursery for baby crawling, yoga mat, etc. Beautiful gradient color makes space seem pop and welcoming. Effortlessly give your room a designer look without the designer cost.
- Attention:Due to the special production process of the carpet, its surface will occur normal floating wool phenomenon when you first use it. This is not a shed caused by product quality problems. After once washing, this case will appear rarely. Therefore, we've designed the fluffy rug which can support machine wash and dry for every client can extra easy to clean! Vacuum as needed or machine wash on cold with mild detergent and tumble dry on low so that can protect the carpet from deformation.
- Guarantee:In order to make transportation convenient, our carpet packaging is well folded and compressed, so when you unpack the package, it will be a little thinner than the original thickness, and it will not so flat on the floor, but because of the ultimate softness, it will return to normal after 3-5 days. We stand by our products 100% and want our customers to love them as much as we do!
Things to Consider Before Buying Rugs
Sometimes having too large a choice complicates the decision. This is what can happen when trying to buy the best rug since the possibilities are endless. Not only in terms of design, but also in terms of shape, sizes, colors, fabrics, and other similar issues.
How Are Traditional Rugs Made?
Traditional rugs are made on a loom on which the warp is fixed, a kind of base of vertical threads. On each row of these threads, knots are created and then they are fixed with the weft, which is the horizontal threads.
The threads are alternated to obtain the desired design. Eventually, one side of the carpet will present the fleece and the other knots.
What Features Distinguish Traditional Rugs?
Currently, most rugs are purchased online, in malls or specialty stores. But if you want to buy a more special model, you can opt for those from the Arab and Eastern countries. These are characterized by quality fabrics and a long tradition in the creation of this type of decorative element.
The fabrics are hand-dyed, using 100% natural pigments and each model is unique. The handmade embroideries are usually very showy, they have floral, geometric or animal motifs, among others. If they are original and quality, these rugs will have a rather high price.
Where to Place the Rugs in The Various Rooms?
When buying the best carpet, you need to be clear where you plan to place it. This is a very personal matter and will depend on your tastes, but there are a few details about it that you can take into consideration. For example, the ones that we present below.
Living room. Usually, the carpet is placed in the area of the sofa. It can be a little wider than this piece of furniture and tucked under the front legs. Or, it can be the same size as the sofa or a little smaller, and be placed in front of it.
If the living room is very large, you can opt for a carpet that covers the whole area, i.e. sofas, armchairs, and coffee table.
- Lunchroom. The carpet must completely cover the area of the table and chairs. In addition, each chair must be able to move without protruding from the carpet. So, to choose the most suitable model, add 150 cm to both the width and length of your table, or, if it is round, to its diameter.
- Kitchen. Kitchen rugs are usually placed in the sink and stove area.
- Bedrooms. If you have a bed or cot resting on a wall, the idea is to place the carpet parallel to that wall. When the bed is in the middle of the room, you can place one on each side or on your feet. If there are two beds, you can place a carpet between the two.
- Corridor. In the corridor, you need to leave ten centimeters of space on each side of the carpet, so that it looks good.
Are There Outdoor Rugs?
It is increasingly common to use rugs also outdoors, thanks above all to the efforts of manufacturers to develop new fabrics that adapt to the conditions of these spaces. There are various possibilities, but below we present the three most common.
- Polypropylene. Its fibers are waterproof and do not allow moisture to penetrate. It is important that carpets are subjected to some treatment that protects this material from the sun.
- Vinyl. It is a very durable material, resistant to sunlight and water, and, moreover, it is non-slip. This last feature makes a rug of this type perfect for the pool area.
- Synthetic Grass. It is a kind of carpet made with PVC fibers that imitate natural grass.
If You Have a Robot Vacuum Cleaner, Are the Mats Practical?
In homes, robotic vacuum cleaners are increasingly popular. If you own one, you need to pay attention to the height of the carpet. Below two centimeters, they usually do not present problems.
If the carpet is higher, the robot may not be able to clean it or even get stuck. In addition, the machine may drag a limited thickness model.
We recommend that you search in the device instructions for a section related to this topic and follow the instructions.
Do you think it will be very annoying to have to remove the carpet before cleaning or to place the robot on it to suck the dust? After all, this type of machine is purchased to simplify the job, not the other way around.
Regarding Furniture, What Advice Do You Need to Keep in Mind Before Buying the Best Carpet?
We have prepared this section to allow you to discover some aspects of furniture that you must take into consideration before making your purchase, so as not to choose incorrectly.
- Divisions. In very large rooms, rugs can be used to delimit spaces.
- Unify. The rugs must match the style of the room. It is true that sometimes “impossible” mixes are seen in furniture, but if you are not an expert, it is a very risky decision. It is better to follow the same line.
- Design. If there are already several elements in the room with great decorative weight, try to choose a carpet that goes almost unnoticed.
- Focal Point. The carpet can also become the focal point of the room, that is, the element on which attention is concentrated at the moment you enter it. For example, in the case of traditionalist furniture, it must have a bold style. Another trick you can use is to make sure that one of the wall colors is present on the carpet.
- Changes. For most of us mere mortals, it’s impossible to redecorate your home often. But if you are one of those who do, try changing the rugs and other textiles. In this way, you will be able to give a new atmosphere to the furniture.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Rugs?
Are you ready to choose the best carpet? Definitely yes, and certainly you will do it successfully. However, it is important to analyze some purchase criteria again; first, however, we present the main advantages and disadvantages of rugs.
- They Bring Warmth to The Room
- There is an ideal choice for any space
- They protect the floor
- Some Models Are Difficult to Clean
- They tend to accumulate dust
Are you clear about the spaces in your home that you want to decorate with rugs? Most likely yes and perhaps you already imagine the change they will bring in such rooms. However, when making your purchase, don’t neglect these five basic criteria.
- Shape and color
- Children or animals
If a member of your family suffers from dust mite allergy, can you keep a carpet? Yes, but choose its composition carefully. You must avoid natural fabrics, especially wool, and those of greater thickness or with long fur.
Choose synthetic and easy-to-clean materials. Of course, it often sucks up the dust that settles on the carpet.
Shape and Color
Most of the rugs are rectangular, but you will also find different models. Beyond some very singular, round or oval ones are quite common and perfect for a dining table with this shape. In general, models with an original design look very good next to a single bed or in a reading corner.
The carpet can become the heaviest decorative element in a room, so choose it carefully. If the room is not very spacious, always focus on a light-colored model, which will give the impression of a larger space. If, on the other hand, the room is large, it will be more welcoming with a dark-colored carpet.
When buying the best carpet, consider whether a short or long pile is better. Short pile rugs are more resistant and durable. Cleaning them is simple and they are cheaper. In addition, they release less heat.
You can use them in the corridors, in the children’s bedroom, and in the dining room. They are the best choice even if there are people with allergies at home.
Long pile rugs are softer and give the room more warmth. They are ideal both for the relaxation area of a living room and for bedrooms. Do not forget, however, that they are more difficult to clean, because dirt tends to get stuck in the hair. Obviously, these rugs are also more expensive.
Children or Animals
If you have children or pets, it is better to be realistic, not to have to repent then. We, therefore, advise you to choose rugs that are simple to clean. It will be important to be able to vacuum them easily and also to be able to wash them in the washing machine when they are very dirty.
Keep in mind that the carpet will require an additional cost if you have to take it to the dry cleaners once or several times a year. An interesting choice may be vinyl rugs. You will find models with very attractive designs that can be cleaned as easily as the floor.