There is no need to be a DIY enthusiast to need Ryobi cordless tools, although depending on the models on the market, its use is more suitable for hobby use rather than semi-professional.
Precisely for this reason, to help you choose which power tool is right for you, we have created a purchase guide as well as reviews of the most popular models, with particular attention to the battery ones.
Right here we had selected the best Ryobi cordless tools that are present below.
- Up to 3,400 strokes per minute (SPM) for smooth, fast cutting
- Up to 3,400 strokes per minute (SPM) for smooth, fast cutting
- 60% faster cutting than previous model (P514)
- Easy blade change lever for quick and easy blade changes
- Adjustable, pivoting shoe for optimized cutting control
- GRIPZONE OVERMOLD: The handles of this power tool are lined with a rubber mold. This increases friction between your hands and the...
- TRANSPARENT LOWER GUARD: The polyurethane blade guard is clear, so you can get maximum visibility on your work while you make your...
- ADJUSTABLE BEVEL: You can adjust the foot of this cordless circular saw up to 50 degrees to cut at a variety of angles for...
- EXTRA SIDE HANDLE gives you improved control. Its location on the left side of the tool gives you greater visibility over your...
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: The circular saw works with Ryobi’s 18 Volt batteries. These battery models include the P100, P102, P103, P104,...
- Brushless Motor delivers fast cutting speeds at 0-3,000 SPM
- 31% More Compact and 24% Lighter Weight
- Over 175 ONE+ Tools – All Work With Any RYOBI ONE+ 18V Battery
- Up to 34,000 RPM's for a powerful performance
- Includes: Flexible Shaft, Accessories, and Storage Case
- Compatible with all batteries in the RYOBI 18-Volt ONE+ System
- 33 accessories included for a variety of applications
- 36 in. flexible shaft pen design for ultimate precision and comfort
- Brushless Motor provides longer runtime, longer motor life, and more power
- 3.6 degree oscillation angle provides up to 30% faster cutting speeds
- Compact tool head fits into tight spaces and delivers up to 20,000 OPM (Oscillations Per Minute)
- Includes: (1) 18V ONE+ HP Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless Multi-Tool (Tool-Only) and operator's manual
- Product will either come in original packaging that is in less than perfect shape and has been opened to inspect contents or will...
- BUILT-IN DUST BLOWER: This feature on the tool will help you clear debris away from your work, giving you clear vision
- LED LIGHTING gives you improved line-of-sight in poorly lit conditions
- BLADE SAVING BASE: If your jigsaw blade is wearing out, you can drop the base of the tool to let you utilize the unused blades on...
- TRIGGER LOCK SYSTEM: Pull the trigger and press the button on the side of the unit. With this feature, you can focus all of your...
- Drives up to 1700 nails per charge
- No compressors, hoses or pricey gas cartridges required. Cordless design offers both convenience and superior performance.
- Convenient adjustment dial regulates air pressure for optimum results.
- Low-nail indicator to quickly and easily see when it is time to reload
- Includes: 18-V ONE AirStrike 18-Gauge Cordless Brad Nailer, Battery sold separately
- Powerful performance and extended life span with Brushless technology
- Features a High and Low switch with lock-on capability
- Hassle-free cleaning with cordless convenience
- Compatible with all Ryobi ONE Plus Batteries and Chargers as part of the Ryobi ONE PLUS lineup of over 100 products" with...
Things to Consider Before Buying Ryobi Cordless Tools
On the market, it is possible to find screwdrivers with lithium batteries (the same ones that are integrated into smartphones and tablets), nickel-cadmium, or, to a lesser extent, nickel-metal.
The models at the top of the user preference ranking are those with a lithium-ion battery, available on the tools of the best brands because they ensure the screwdrivers that are equipped with both lightness and maneuverability, and above all good autonomy, also because this type of battery, it has no memory effect. What is it about?
In practice, it is the process that reduces the percentage of battery charge if it is connected to the charger before its energy is completely exhausted.
These screwdrivers, therefore, can be recharged at any time, safeguarding the integrity of the battery. Only benefits? Basically yes, although in case you need to buy a replacement battery, the price is on average higher.
The lithium battery is one of its major strengths. It gives the screwdriver a truly remarkable autonomy that allows you to cover entire working days.
The battery will not discharge even if the tool is not used, so you can immediately start working again without worrying about recharging it. Ideal if you need to use the screwdriver immediately, but maybe you left it in the suitcase for weeks.
The presence of the battery eliminates the use of a cable to be connected to the electrical socket, which further increases the handling of the screwdriver, it also proves to be very light, therefore it has minimal impact on the overall weight.
The lithium battery is included in the package, unlike the tips that must be purchased separately.
The nickel models, in both versions, are heavier and bulkier, have a good yield and durability, but it is important to let them completely discharge so as not to ruin them: the memory effect is in fact their Achilles’ heel.
Comfortable and Versatile
A product of this type is specifically designed for use on the move and to guarantee maximum freedom both in the housework and if you often use it on the move. This is why design and weight take on great importance.
In our opinion, a screwdriver that weighs between 1.5 and 2 kilograms is the ideal solution because it allows you to perform all operations without excessively straining the arm.
From this point of view also the ergonomics of the handle and the use of an anti-slip coating are parameters to be kept in the utmost consideration.
As for the power supplied and consequently the rotation speed, a good cordless screwdriver should ensure about a thousand revolutions per minute and, of course, must allow you to change the direction so as to decide, depending on the need, whether to screw or unscrew.
One More Chance
Comparing the prices of the various models on sale, the substantial cost difference is given by the presence of the drilling capacity of wood or metal, measured on the basis of the maximum diameter of the hole.
Of course, these models are priced higher, so consider carefully if this is a function you really need. Typically in the package of a cordless screwdriver, there is also a set of tips, the number, and quality of which are in turn subordinated to the cost.
In any case, if there are few tips in the box, our advice is to have a complete series so that you can deal with any type of processing without worries. You can also find them at, particularly aggressive prices.
As we mentioned in our verdict, the Black & Decker screwdriver stands out first of all for its extreme versatility. Its ten tightening torque settings make it usable on different materials effectively and without damaging them.
In this way, it will be possible to work on wood and tiles with extreme precision, but also on harder materials such as metal. In addition to functioning as a screwdriver, it will also be possible to use it as a drill to puncture surfaces.
Thanks to the adjustable speed you can adjust both the screwing/drilling functions to have complete control on the tool and perform high quality.
All these options make the product ideal for professional use but given the very affordable price, it can be recommended without hesitation even to hobbyists looking for a high-performance screwdriver.
Do-it-yourself is not exactly the most relaxing activity for the body, especially for the upper limbs with which the different tools are raised and tightened.
For this Black & Decker has equipped its cordless screwdriver with an ergonomic grip thanks to which it can be used for long work sessions without straining the wrist and hand.
Comfort is further increased by the compact size and light weight of the product which allows it to work without any effort and to transport it easily.
Thanks to the supplied case, you can store it comfortably in your home or in your vehicle without cluttering up too much space and keeping it safe from any knocks or falls.
How to Use a Cordless Screwdriver
If you often have to deal with screws and screwdrivers, it might be a good idea to decide to buy a cordless screwdriver. It is a very comfortable power tool that saves time and effort.
Imagine, for example, buying a piece of furniture and it is up to you to assemble it, nine times out of ten the instructions are complicated, better to simplify something with a good screwdriver. But the use cases are varied.
Drills or Simple Screwdrivers?
We start from a distinction that it seems important to emphasize, that is, that between a simple screwdriver and a screwdriver drill. Intuitively it should be understood that the first type does nothing but the screw and unscrew screws while the second also works as a drill.
That’s right, holes can be made. But the screwdriver drill has limitations. For example, if you have to drill a concrete wall, forget to use the screwdriver drill (which does not have the necessary power), what you need is a hammer drill.
Never underestimate the type of battery supplied, make your choice also based on this element. The battery of a screwdriver can be lithium or Ni-Cd type. It is our opinion that lithium batteries are cheaper because they ensure a longer life.
Also, consider whether the screwdriver is sold with one or two batteries, which we prefer because in this way you can immediately replace the discharged one with the other without having to wait for long charging times.
A power tool gives a sense of solidity but it is not necessarily a good thing. The power tool must be light and easy to handle because the work may belong; why get tired holding a heavy object in your hand. In this sense, the grip is also very important, which must be ergonomic and non-slip.
One of the screwdriver’s privileges is that it usually comes with a good set of tips. This eliminates the need for screwdrivers of different sizes, both slotted and cross-shaped.
Assembling a bit is extremely easy: you loosen the spindle by turning it and insert the most suitable bit inside the housing. At this point, you need to turn the spindle in the opposite direction until the tip is properly locked.
The Quality of The Vines
It is important to use strong, good quality screws because otherwise, the force of the screwdriver could ruin the head. However, the rule not to force always applies.