If you are looking for silicone molds, it is because you have probably noticed that most of the muffin trays, spatulas and other pastry utensils are made of a material with bright colours and rubbery consistency.
This is silicone, and products made with this material are very safe to use and have many advantages over their metal and glass equivalents. Everyone from professional pastry chefs to occasional chefs use them for their recipes. So you can’t try them too.
To analyze in depth what are the characteristics of the silicone molds and their disadvantages and drawbacks, below we offer a series of answers to the most frequently asked questions about this product. Read the next lines, and we assure you that you will know exactly which mold to buy.
Here we had listed out the best silicone molds that are present below.
- 12-pack of reusable baking cups; made of food-grade silicone; ideal for baking, lunch/snack cups, and more
- Effortless food release—no greasing or cooking spray needed; stain and odor resistant
- Freezer-, microwave-, and oven-safe (up to 428 degrees F); dishwasher-safe for quick cleanup
- Cost-saving alternative to disposable paper cups; works with any standard muffin pan
- Measures 3.5 cm high (1.38 inches); includes 2 of each color: pink, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple
- PREMIUM MOLD MAKING SILICONE MATERIAL: Our translucent clear liquid silicone are made by safe silicone material, non-toxic and no odor, very flexible, soft and clear. You could color the molding silicone with mica powder to achieve new colors.
- EASY MIXING & POURING: LET'S RESIN silicone mold making kit are 2-part silicone including part A and part B; the mix ratio is 1:1 by weight (digital scale is necessary). Pour the Part A and Part B together, then slowly stir the silicone rubber about for 5 minutes, make sure to stir the mixture thoroughly for better results. The working time of liquid silicone rubber is 40~50 minutes and the complete cure time is 8~15 hours at room temperature, it varies on your mold size and thickness.
- NO BUBBLES: The bubbles of will automatically disappear within about 2 hours, no vacuum degassing is necessary. IMPORTANT TIPS: To reduce the micro bubbles, you can slow down the curing speed. You can put it in freezer for about 1 hour while curing, then take it out and let it cure in the room temperature. Do not warm up the silicone before use, as this will cause more bubbles.
- GREAT FOR BEGINNER: If you're new to the mold making, our mold making kit is a perfect choice for you to try! No special skills or tools are needed. You could enjoy this fun and creative activity all day. HOW to CLEAN: If there's any spill, please clean with soapy water or rubbing alcohol.
- WIDE APPLICATION: It's very ideal for art craft use, easily DIY creative resin mold, wax mold, candle mold, soap mold making ; great for resin, wax, soap, casting. ATTENTION: Not recommended for making food molds.If you have any question with our product mold making silicone kit, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Premium quality: Made of sturdy and durable material, these high-grade premium quality ice cube molds are designed and patented in the US and the European Union.
- Permanent home bar item: Silicone ice molds last forever and make slow-melting fun skull ice cubes (2"x2.36") for your events. great for house parties, home bars, holiday events, and holiday gifts.
- Easy and safe to use: BPA-free, non-toxic, food grade, leak-free, microwave safe, oven safe and dishwasher safe.
- Perfect for the whiskey drinkers: The ultra-slow melting ice skulls will not dilute your drink, preserving the taste and the strength of your favorite Scotch, Irish whiskey, or Bourbon.
- A gift guaranteed to create lots of buzz: These molds will make a toy for everyone regardless of age and gender.
- Hand soap mold dimension： 3"(diameter) x 1" (deep) ,Cavities: 12 ,Cavity Capacity: 4 oz each.
- Material of 12 Bar soap mold：Made of food grade silicone, non- toxic, non-smell and BPA free.
- Easy to use and release: This flexible silicone mold soap allows easy demolding and washing.
- Multipurpose round silicone mold: For soap mold, shampoo & conditioner bars, jello, chocolate, muffin.
- Best Gifts: To make nice soap gifts for Christmas holiday, birthday party, bridal shower, baby shower. gift baskets.
- GREAT VAULE SET – Flasoo resin silicone tray molds set comes with 1 piece of geode agate platter mold with 2 pieces of silver handles, 1 piece of wine rack and glass holder resin mold with 2 pieces of irregular resin geode coaster mold and 3 packs gold flakes for making resin geode, agate slice coasters, cups mats, home decoration
- HIGH QUALITY SILICONE MOLDS FOR RESIN - These wine butler resin mold, fruit tray and handle mold and coasters silicone molds for resin are made of high-quality silicone, which is durable, flexible, smooth and reusable, easy to use, de-mold and clean. The finished product will be precise, high transparency, easy to release, use and not easy to deform
- EASY TO DEMOLD AND CLEAN - With our Resin casting molds made of premium quality silicone with features of thick, flexible and reusable, you just need to twist the mold and release your creations after the resin is completely cured. Wash resin molds with warm soapy water after use and keep them away from heat and dust
- GOLD FLAKE INCLUDED - Our resin silicone tray molds set come with 3 packs gold flakes in 3 colors, 3g per color. These wine rack resin casting molds, fruit tray and coasters resin molds are compatible with most casting material. You can add some different gold flakes to create a personalized and unique wine rack according to your preferences
- IDEAL GIFT & PERFECT HOME DECORATION - Using these epoxy resin molds to make personalized geode agate wine butler, wine glass holder and coasters for your family, friends, suitable for Christmas, Anniversary, Birthday or any special occasion. It's also a fun artwork, perfect for home decoration
- Brighten up your home: Bring a cozy glow of warmth to your home with our elegant Votive Candle Holders. Circular and diamond pattern design can emit different colors. Perfect decor your home.
- Occasion: votive candle holders mold are perfect for weddings, home decor, dinner parties, holidays( Halloween, Christmas ), and special occasions, add a glamorous glow and old-time elegant look to any table setting. Glam up any special occasion with a touch of sparkle.
- Widely use: our tealight candles holders resin molds can be applied for making kinds of DIY storage plates, Jewelry box, candlesticks, candy containers, ashtray, flower pot. and other decorative projects, and you can also DIY them according to your preference
- Candle holder mold size: 2.3x3.2 inch. You can use it as regular tea light candles holder or LED tea ligh holder.
- High quality silcone candle holder molds: Votive Bowl Candleholders molds for epoxy resin are non-stick, easy to release and clean. The finished resin tealight holder is shiny and smooth like a mirror.
- What you will receive: the package comes with 5 pieces of round coaster resin moulds, 5 pieces of square coaster resin moulds, 2 pieces of silicone coaster storage box mould in rectangle and round, sufficient quantities and proper combinations will satisfy your various DIY needs in daily life
- Quality material: these epoxy casting moulds are made of silicone material, they are lightweight, reliable and reusable, they can withstand temperature from minus 40 to 446 degrees Fahrenheit, you can use them for a long time, and they are non-toxic, safe and tasteless, easy to clean with warm soapy water
- Simple to use: our round and square resin moulds set has smooth interior, so they are easy to demould, you just need to put the required filler into the mould, wait a while until the resin is completely cured, and gently twist the mould to push it out without tearing easily, while maintaining the shape of the mould
- Size of products: the diameter of round craft resin coaster mould is approx. 9 cm/ 3.54 inches, the size of the square coaster silicone mould is approx. 9 x 9 cm/ 3.54 x 3.54 inches, the round coaster holder silicone mould measures about 4 x 10.5 cm/ 1.57 x 4.13 inches, and the size of rectangle coaster storage box silicone mould is approx. 4 x 7 x 10.5 cm/ 1.57 x 2.76 x 4.13 inches
- Multiple applications: these epoxy casting craft moulds can be applied to create many projects from home decorations to jewelry designs, such as cup mats, coasters, agate coasters, bowl cushions, telephone holder trays, candle holders, handicrafts, jewelry storage boxes, and so on
- SIMPLY THE BEST JUMBO ICE BALL MAKER - Ice tray makes four large 1.78 inch spheres that are slower melting than traditional ice cubes for whiskey. It's proven that round ice lasts longer.
- HIGHEST QUALITY SILICONE STACKABLE ICE MOLD MAKERS - 100% BPA Free non toxic food grade silicone stacking ice cube trays with lid.
- FLEXIBLE ICE MAKER TRAY - Silicone ice trays won't crack or break like stiff plastic molds or trays. Easy to fill, Easy to use, Easy to clean, Dishwasher safe and is a must have kitchen gadget.
- MAKES PERFECT ICE BALLS FOR YOUR GLASS - Perfect for Whiskey Highball Cocktail and small enough for Lowball or Hurricane Glasses. Adds a touch of class to Bourbon and Scotch drinks; Use as a herb freezer tray, Great for Iced Coffee and for long lasting iced Tea, Ideal for kids' lemon popsicles; Elegant for Punch Bowls Fill ice ball mold with soda, herbs, fruit or juice to enhance any beverage and to have a little iceball cube tray fun. These versatile molds can also be used to make soap balls.
- RISK FREE PURCHASE - Chillz bar set tool accessories are the perfect gift for your new kitchen and is Exclusively Sold by The Classic Kitchen. It is the best choice with its 30 Day Guarantee with proof of purchase. See special offers below.
- Michael Joy (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 370 Pages - 10/18/2021 (Publication Date) - The Chicago School of Mold Making and Casting for the Arts (Publisher)
Buying Guide to Select the Best Silicone Molds
What Exactly Is a Silicone Mold?
The molds are made of a rubber created from a mix of silicon and oxygen. Silicon is a natural element that makes up about 28% of the earth’s crust. To give it a shape, heat is applied to this substance during the manufacturing and hardening process. It can also be modelled in various forms by injection during the production phase.
What Are the Advantages of A Silicone Mold?
As you may have noticed in the description of the various models, all of them have their non-stick properties, both for the baking trays and for the ones that are used for the fridge. But this is not the only feature. Below we list all the benefits of using a silicone mold.
- Easy to Clean: being flexible, it is easy to extract what has been cooked from the inside.
- Oil-Free: unlike other materials, silicone can be washed in the dishwasher, as it does not contain oil, so it should neither melt nor scratch.
Suitable for both heating and freezing: silicone is safe in the freezer, oven, microwave and even in the dishwasher. So you can cook, serve and store food on the same plate.
- The Food Cooks Evenly: you no longer have to worry about burning the bottom of your delicacies while the rest remains raw. Since silicone does not transfer heat like metal or glass, food stops cooking as soon as you take it out of the oven.
- Can Be Used Everywhere: being so light and easy to store, it can be taken with you on a trip or camping.
- Flexible: if it bends, the mold will resume its original shape.
- Indestructible: it does not break, unlike glass and metal.
- Optimize Spaces: requires little space to put it away.
- Thermal Stability: usable at various temperatures.
- Versatile: It can be pulled out of the oven and go directly to the fridge or vice versa.
- Guaranteed Safety: each mold is produced through a thermal process that lasts from 6 to 7 hours, which eliminates potentially toxic residues.
- Healthy Nutrition: the use of oils or fats is not required to grease the mold (but you can still do it if you prefer).
What Are the Aspects to Consider when Using a Silicone Mold?
Some aspects are particularly relevant for using silicone moulds: keep this in mind if you decide to buy them. To simplify your life, here’s a list.
- Attention to The Dishwasher: while being 100% suitable for washing in the dishwasher, it does not mean that this is always the best method for washing silicone molds.
- Greases Difficult to Eliminate: the molds tend to create a layer of grease that could resist washing in the dishwasher. In this case, you will have to wash them by hand or absorb the fat with a little baking soda.
- Do Not Leave Them Exposed to Direct Heat: even if the silicone trays can be used to cook directly in the oven, they should not be left on the stove when they are on because they could damage them.
- Always Use an Oven Pan as A Support Under the Mold: the smaller silicone molds keep themselves, but the larger ones will need the support of an oven pan to be stable.
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Instructions: make sure of the maximum recommended temperature to use it in the oven. It can vary from one mold to another.
- Do Not Use Too Aggressive Detergents: to wash the molds, and it is recommended to avoid harsh soaps, which could create a white patina on the surface that would alter the flavours of the food, without however compromising the Safety and performance of the mold itself. To eliminate the problem, we advise you to immerse the product in boiling water for a few minutes.
- Do Not Cut Anything Inside the Mold: you must never cut your dishes inside a silicone mold. Although it is a versatile material, it is not indestructible.
How to Wash the Silicone Molds?
Since the contents of the silicone molds come off easily from the baking tray, it is not necessary to put them in the dishwasher after each use.
Instead, clean them with a cloth moistened with soapy water. Then, rinse and dry them before storing them. If they seem too greasy, then put them in the dishwasher or use baking soda. The latter remedy consists of dusting some baking soda inside the molds and leaving it overnight.
The next day, throw the baking soda away and rewash the molds, either by hand or in the dishwasher. In the remote case where not even this option works, heat your oven to the maximum and put the molds in it for about ten minutes.
How Do You Use Silicone Molds to Cook in The Oven?
The molds can undoubtedly be used to prepare cold desserts; as for hot dishes, there are more indications to follow, due to the risks involved in handling high-temperature products. Here are some tips for use.
Put the silicone baking tray into another baking tray: we advise you to put your silicone molds inside a baking tray for biscuits before pouring the mixture into it. This will make it easier to put them in the oven and also to take them out after cooking.
Cool the silicone utensils: you will need at least 30 to 45 minutes to cool a cake cooked in a silicone mold thoroughly. Take out the dish: when your cake is cold, simply turn the mold to detach it.
When we talk about molds for baking, we refer to silicone as a synthetic polymer. These products were declared safe by the FDA (Agency for Food and Medicines) in 1979 and by the EC in 2004. The silicone used in kitchen utensils is harmless, non-toxic and does not harm food in any way.
All oven cooking products must be manufactured according to CE and FDA safety standards, and the silicone molds that come into contact with food are no exception. Even if the temperature exceeds the recommended maximum limit, compliant molds will not emit toxic gases.
Many people have reported the presence of odours when cooking with silicone utensils, which seem to be related to the use of fillers during production. For this reason, it is essential to remember that, being very popular, many low-quality ones are manufactured to sell more.
If you buy online, you will not be able to verify the product with your own hands, so read the reviews of other users who will have certainly shared in the case of unpleasant experiences.
If by twisting them, the moulds turn white, it means that fillers have been used. And, although there is no risk, for this reason, we advise you to buy silicone molds produced by renowned companies.
Shapes and Dimensions
Depending on the purpose for which you buy silicone molds, you will have to search for the most suitable ones. If you want to cook a cake, you clearly won’t need animal-shaped molds or geometric shapes.
In this case, simply look for a pan of the size you need. Instead, if you are baking cookies, maybe some unique shapes will give it a special touch.
As we have seen in the Ranking, some manufacturers offer packs of many molds. It’s up to you to decide to buy many or just a few, depending on what use you will make of them. In general, multipacks are ideal for professional pastry chefs or cooks who cook regularly or for many diners.