If you are looking for silicone molds, it is because you have probably noticed that most of the muffin trays, spatulas and other pastry utensils are made of a material with bright colours and rubbery consistency.
This is silicone, and products made with this material are very safe to use and have many advantages over their metal and glass equivalents. Everyone from professional pastry chefs to occasional chefs use them for their recipes. So you can’t try them too.
To analyze in depth what are the characteristics of the silicone molds and their disadvantages and drawbacks, below we offer a series of answers to the most frequently asked questions about this product. Read the next lines, and we assure you that you will know exactly which mold to buy.
Here we had listed out the best silicone molds that are present below.
- 100% Silicone, Heat Resistant from -40 to 230C degree
- Product size:11.6*6.9*1.3(29.5 * 17.5 * 3.3cm) inch Hole dia: 2.55inch(6.5cm)
- For Use: Soap Mold, Mousse, Jelly, Cake, Bread, Prepared food, Chocolate
- Freezer, microwave, Flexible construction ensures easy removal of baked goods or gelatin
- 💖💖Material: Food grade silicone
- 💖💖Size: 30x17.5 x3.5cm
- 💖💖Color :coffee
- 💖💖Shape: Silicone Half Ball Mold
- 💖💖Package Included:1x Cake Fondant Mould
- Made from food grade silicone, BPA free.
- Oven, Refrigerator, dishwasher safe, the temperature range is from -40 Fahrenheit to 466 Fahrenheit degree.
- Non-Stick and flexible, it’s easy to release the chocolate from the molds.
- The mold can be used for making dome mousse, chocolate bombe, ice cream cake, hand made soap etc. as you like.
- Mold Size: 7.7” x 5.3” x 1” 19.5 cm / x 13.5 cm / 2.5 cm and the diameter of each cavity is 2.1” / 5.4 cm
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: These resin silicone molds are made of durable silicone by advanced techniques.With the flexible, smooth and reusableepoxy molds,you can use, de-mold and clean them easily. There are nonstick silicone measuring cup and high quality plastic pipettes.
- VARIOUS SHAPES: 5Pcs casting molds including Sphere, Cube, Pyramid, Square, Round to meet your various need . Equipped with 1 silicone measuring cup and 5 plastic pipettes to make your creation more convenient.
- EASY TO RELEASE AND CLEAN: Keep the resin molds smooth and clean interior before use, so it’s easy to twist the silicone mold and pop out your finished resin items after it’s completely cured ; clean the epoxy molds with soap water and storage them away from direct sunshine and dust.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: These slicone resin molds are compatible with most resins or other casting materials such as epoxy resin, soap, bath bomb, candle, beverage coaster, bowl mat etc. Perfect for your DIY handwork and give you a wonderful resin-making experience.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: We try our very best to make good epoxy resin molds. But if you are not satisfied with your purchase or you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at anytime. We’re happy to help.
- Package Includes: 4-in-1 Set of baking molds includes circular,rectangular,star and Heart-shaped mold trays non stick silicone baking mold tray for mini cupcakes, mini muffins and mini brownies.
- Multipurpose Combo Set: Silicone molds for baking can be used to make cupcakes, muffins, cookies, cake pops, lollipops, mini bread loaf sets, tarts, pudding and more! Also doubles as an excellent ice cube tray. Or use it as chocolate molds, candy molds or soap mold.
- Easy to Use: Our silicone molds for candy and chocolate fits perfectly in most oven, fill and bake according to the instructions of your oven, or you can simply place them directly in your oven.
- Durable & Safe: silicone candy and chocolate molds through FDA approved and BPA free Silicone, heat resistant to 450°F. Baking molds ensure safety of microwave and dishwasher.
- Customer First: Reliable customer service is our priority. Product comes with the Guarantee. If you are not fully satisfied with your product, we readily offer a hassle-free 30-Day Money Back Guarantee.
- 100% Silicone,Heat Resistant from -40 to 445F
- Product Size:11.7*6.85*0.8inch, single hole Diameter:1.58inch, Height: 0.8inch Vol: 20ml / 0.68oz
- For Use: Soap Mold,For Use: Soap Mold, Mousse, Jelly, Cake, Bread, Prepared food, Chocolate, Cookie
- For flexible reason, we design the mold a bit soft, so you may easily un-mold. If you need a more sturdy support when transfer or move, you can put it on a tray or another mold.
- Not Suitable for Oreo
- PROFESSIONAL high quality PATENT PENDING design, non-toxic material used to create candies or cake embellishments that look amazing and taste great!
- FOOD SAFE: BPA Free silicone. Non-stick material allows for easy release and simple to clean. Oven and dishwasher safe! Temperature Range -40F to 464F
- YUMMY TREATS: Can be used for making leaf shaped gummies, cupcake toppers, chocolates, candy, fondant, butter patties and other amazing creations.
- DROPPERS INCLUDED: Package includes three food grade droppers to easily fill all 75 leaf cavities.
- SHARING: We donate a portion of all product sales to the Medical Cannabis Research Fund (MCRF) to help the those who suffer from cancer, chronic pain and debilitating health conditions. Federal funding for this type of research is nearly impossible to obtain. By purchasing this product, you are helping to support this very important research project.
- ❤️ ENJOY A FULL VALUE SET: Making 50 bear gummies, 15 stars, shells and 55 small hearts at a time. Candy, gummies, chocolates, mints, fudge, small cakes, jell-o, ice cubes, crayon melts and all you could creative
- ❤️ MULTI PURPOSE: Use for candy molds, chocolate molds, cake molds, ice cube tray, crayon mold and jelly mold or as a cake topper, cake decorating
- ❤️ PREMIUM SILICONE MOLDS: 100% food grade silicone, BPA free, heat-resistant temperature is -104℉ to 446℉ (-40℃ to 230℃), safe for use in the oven, freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- ❤️ NON-STICK & EASY REALEASE: Flexible and easy to clean, making these cute silicone candy molds with your kids, I believe kids will love it when it pop out with good detail shape
- ✅5 UNIQUE CANDY RECIPES FREE – Looking for a breakthrough in the candy making industry? Well, with our new chocolate silicone molds you’ll be a force to be reckoned with and as a sincere gift from us, we will provide these chocolate molds silicone trays with an exclusive “5 Recipes eBook” created by highly skilled professionals in the industry.
- ✅PROFESSIONAL CANDY MOLDS – If you love having a professional display used for your sweets, then our candy molds silicone set is for you. These decorative trays are made from high-grade food silicone and that’s not just all. They’re also easy to bend, waterproof, and have an easy-to-release surface. Which makes silicone candy molds a valuable tool if you’re looking to give your treats a picture-perfect, professional look.
- ✅GREAT DESIGNS & VARIETY – Our silicone chocolate mold pack will help step-up your game by providing shapes which will give you different choices to choose from when making your delicious goodness. It comes with a Smiley face, Star, Shell, Round, Flower, and Heart shapes. With our crisp detail and pretty designs, each silicone candy mold will allow you to showcase your delicious treats in a highly professional manner.
- ✅EASY TO USE AND CLEAN – Making candy from our chocolate candy molds is easy as 1, 2, 3. Each tray will give you the ability to craft your delicious treats to your perfection. When you’re done, the special surface makes popping the candies out remarkably simple without leaving any deliciousness behind. Afterward, cleaning is simple; just throw them in the dishwasher and enjoy your treats.
- ✅ALL-PURPOSE MOLDS – If you are looking to ease into your diet or craft awesome gifts. Our fat bomb molds silicone pack is the perfect thing to use. With its multi-purpose design, you can make attractive gifts such as ice cubes, Jell-O Candies, Bath Melts, or Gift Soaps. Use your imagination and these silicone chocolate molds to create your unique creations!
Buying Guide to Select the Best Silicone Molds
What Exactly Is a Silicone Mold?
The molds are made of a rubber created from a mix of silicon and oxygen. Silicon is a natural element that makes up about 28% of the earth’s crust. To give it a shape, heat is applied to this substance during the manufacturing and hardening process. It can also be modelled in various forms by injection during the production phase.
What Are the Advantages of A Silicone Mold?
As you may have noticed in the description of the various models, all of them have their non-stick properties, both for the baking trays and for the ones that are used for the fridge. But this is not the only feature. Below we list all the benefits of using a silicone mold.
- Easy to Clean: being flexible, it is easy to extract what has been cooked from the inside.
- Oil-Free: unlike other materials, silicone can be washed in the dishwasher, as it does not contain oil, so it should neither melt nor scratch.
Suitable for both heating and freezing: silicone is safe in the freezer, oven, microwave and even in the dishwasher. So you can cook, serve and store food on the same plate.
- The Food Cooks Evenly: you no longer have to worry about burning the bottom of your delicacies while the rest remains raw. Since silicone does not transfer heat like metal or glass, food stops cooking as soon as you take it out of the oven.
- Can Be Used Everywhere: being so light and easy to store, it can be taken with you on a trip or camping.
- Flexible: if it bends, the mold will resume its original shape.
- Indestructible: it does not break, unlike glass and metal.
- Optimize Spaces: requires little space to put it away.
- Thermal Stability: usable at various temperatures.
- Versatile: It can be pulled out of the oven and go directly to the fridge or vice versa.
- Guaranteed Safety: each mold is produced through a thermal process that lasts from 6 to 7 hours, which eliminates potentially toxic residues.
- Healthy Nutrition: the use of oils or fats is not required to grease the mold (but you can still do it if you prefer).
What Are the Aspects to Consider when Using a Silicone Mold?
Some aspects are particularly relevant for using silicone moulds: keep this in mind if you decide to buy them. To simplify your life, here’s a list.
- Attention to The Dishwasher: while being 100% suitable for washing in the dishwasher, it does not mean that this is always the best method for washing silicone molds.
- Greases Difficult to Eliminate: the molds tend to create a layer of grease that could resist washing in the dishwasher. In this case, you will have to wash them by hand or absorb the fat with a little baking soda.
- Do Not Leave Them Exposed to Direct Heat: even if the silicone trays can be used to cook directly in the oven, they should not be left on the stove when they are on because they could damage them.
- Always Use an Oven Pan as A Support Under the Mold: the smaller silicone molds keep themselves, but the larger ones will need the support of an oven pan to be stable.
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Instructions: make sure of the maximum recommended temperature to use it in the oven. It can vary from one mold to another.
- Do Not Use Too Aggressive Detergents: to wash the molds, and it is recommended to avoid harsh soaps, which could create a white patina on the surface that would alter the flavours of the food, without however compromising the Safety and performance of the mold itself. To eliminate the problem, we advise you to immerse the product in boiling water for a few minutes.
- Do Not Cut Anything Inside the Mold: you must never cut your dishes inside a silicone mold. Although it is a versatile material, it is not indestructible.
How to Wash the Silicone Molds?
Since the contents of the silicone molds come off easily from the baking tray, it is not necessary to put them in the dishwasher after each use.
Instead, clean them with a cloth moistened with soapy water. Then, rinse and dry them before storing them. If they seem too greasy, then put them in the dishwasher or use baking soda. The latter remedy consists of dusting some baking soda inside the molds and leaving it overnight.
The next day, throw the baking soda away and rewash the molds, either by hand or in the dishwasher. In the remote case where not even this option works, heat your oven to the maximum and put the molds in it for about ten minutes.
How Do You Use Silicone Molds to Cook in The Oven?
The molds can undoubtedly be used to prepare cold desserts; as for hot dishes, there are more indications to follow, due to the risks involved in handling high-temperature products. Here are some tips for use.
Put the silicone baking tray into another baking tray: we advise you to put your silicone molds inside a baking tray for biscuits before pouring the mixture into it. This will make it easier to put them in the oven and also to take them out after cooking.
Cool the silicone utensils: you will need at least 30 to 45 minutes to cool a cake cooked in a silicone mold thoroughly. Take out the dish: when your cake is cold, simply turn the mold to detach it.
When we talk about molds for baking, we refer to silicone as a synthetic polymer. These products were declared safe by the FDA (Agency for Food and Medicines) in 1979 and by the EC in 2004. The silicone used in kitchen utensils is harmless, non-toxic and does not harm food in any way.
All oven cooking products must be manufactured according to CE and FDA safety standards, and the silicone molds that come into contact with food are no exception. Even if the temperature exceeds the recommended maximum limit, compliant molds will not emit toxic gases.
Many people have reported the presence of odours when cooking with silicone utensils, which seem to be related to the use of fillers during production. For this reason, it is essential to remember that, being very popular, many low-quality ones are manufactured to sell more.
If you buy online, you will not be able to verify the product with your own hands, so read the reviews of other users who will have certainly shared in the case of unpleasant experiences.
If by twisting them, the moulds turn white, it means that fillers have been used. And, although there is no risk, for this reason, we advise you to buy silicone molds produced by renowned companies.
Shapes and Dimensions
Depending on the purpose for which you buy silicone molds, you will have to search for the most suitable ones. If you want to cook a cake, you clearly won’t need animal-shaped molds or geometric shapes.
In this case, simply look for a pan of the size you need. Instead, if you are baking cookies, maybe some unique shapes will give it a special touch.
As we have seen in the Ranking, some manufacturers offer packs of many molds. It’s up to you to decide to buy many or just a few, depending on what use you will make of them. In general, multipacks are ideal for professional pastry chefs or cooks who cook regularly or for many diners.