If you are looking for silicone molds, it is because you have probably noticed that most of the muffin trays, spatulas and other pastry utensils are made of a material with bright colours and rubbery consistency.
This is silicone, and products made with this material are very safe to use and have many advantages over their metal and glass equivalents. Everyone from professional pastry chefs to occasional chefs use them for their recipes. So you can’t try them too.
To analyze in depth what are the characteristics of the silicone molds and their disadvantages and drawbacks, below we offer a series of answers to the most frequently asked questions about this product. Read the next lines, and we assure you that you will know exactly which mold to buy.
Here we had listed out the best silicone molds that are present below.
- Size: 10 x 7 x 1 inches, the diameter of each cavity is about 3 inch, and 6 cavities in total, ideal for the use of whole family. This silicone donut mold is firmer and more durable compared to normal ones, and it can also be applied to other dessert.
- Easy To Use: Our silicone donut pan will fit perfectly in your oven; Simply place the pan on a cookie sheet, fill and bake following your recipe instructions.
- Once cleaned simply fold the muffin into a storage space until next use, the flexibility of silicone allows the pan to be folded without damage, it simply unfolds back to its initial shape.
- 100% Silicone,Heat Resistant from -40 to 445F
- Product Size:11.7*6.85*0.8inch, single hole Diameter:1.58inch, Height: 0.8inch Vol: 20ml / 0.68oz
- For Use: Soap Mold,For Use: Soap Mold, Mousse, Jelly, Cake, Bread, Prepared food, Chocolate, Cookie
- For flexible reason, we design the mold a bit soft, so you may easily un-mold. If you need a more sturdy support when transfer or move, you can put it on a tray or another mold.
- Not Suitable for Oreo
- Package contains 2 pcs silicone mold with 6 different flower patterns.
- Food-grade silicone, flexible and reusable, smooth surface, easy to release.
- Heat resistant temperature: -40 to +230 Centigrade (-40 to 446 F), safe use in dishwashers, freezers, fridges and microwave ovens.
- For making chocolate, bread, pudding, etc. Or even unique soaps or ice cubes.
- 6 different flower shapes, to meet your various needs, or as gift to your neighbors.
- ❤️ ENJOY A FULL VALUE SET: Making 50 bear gummies, 15 stars, shells and 55 small hearts at a time. Candy, gummies, chocolates, mints, fudge, small cakes, jell-o, ice cubes, crayon melts and all you could creative
- ❤️ MULTI PURPOSE: Use for candy molds, chocolate molds, cake molds, ice cube tray, crayon mold and jelly mold or as a cake topper, cake decorating
- ❤️ PREMIUM SILICONE MOLDS: 100% food grade silicone, BPA free, heat-resistant temperature is -104℉ to 446℉ (-40℃ to 230℃), safe for use in the oven, freezer, microwave and dishwasher
- ❤️ NON-STICK & EASY REALEASE: Flexible and easy to clean, making these cute silicone candy molds with your kids, I believe kids will love it when it pop out with good detail shape
- HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL: These resin silicone molds are made of durable silicone by advanced techniques.With the flexible, smooth and reusableepoxy molds,you can use, de-mold and clean them easily. There are nonstick silicone measuring cup and high quality plastic pipettes.
- VARIOUS SHAPES: 5Pcs casting molds including Sphere, Cube, Pyramid, Square, Round to meet your various need . Equipped with 1 silicone measuring cup and 5 plastic pipettes to make your creation more convenient.
- EASY TO RELEASE AND CLEAN: Keep the resin molds smooth and clean interior before use, so it’s easy to twist the silicone mold and pop out your finished resin items after it’s completely cured ; clean the epoxy molds with soap water and storage them away from direct sunshine and dust.
- MULTI-PURPOSE: These slicone resin molds are compatible with most resins or other casting materials such as epoxy resin, soap, bath bomb, candle, beverage coaster, bowl mat etc. Perfect for your DIY handwork and give you a wonderful resin-making experience.
- QUALITY GUARANTEE: We try our very best to make good epoxy resin molds. But if you are not satisfied with your purchase or you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at anytime. We’re happy to help.
- 【High Quality Material】 Our silicone alphabet mold is made with quality durable silicon by advanced techniques. Flexible, resistant to tearing, durable and easy to remove letters from mold.
- 【Individualized DIY Design】Perfect gift which allows you to make your own ornament according to your preferences. It's very practical and decorative. You can use different colors of materials to make special products or add some filler into the mold. Excellent for those who are fond of DIY crafts, you can develop your full creativity on this mold.
- 【Multifunctional Molds】DIY making kit for 3D letters, necklace pendant, crystal, jewels, keychain charm, earrings, handmade accessories, craft gifts, house number, etc. Also work with such materials as light metals, plaster, epoxy and UV resins.
- 【Easy to Use】 Our letter silicone molds products are designed for the resin beginners which matched with 10PCS key rings and 100PCS screw eye pins. You make a complete craft with these accessories.
- 【Benefit From the Molds 】Silicone resin molds are used to make colorful and beautiful letters and numbers, help your baby learn happily. Improve the parentage of your family during help your children grow.
- ❤PREMIUM QUALITY: Baking Cups are made of 100% Food-grade silicone, BPA free. Eco-friendly, non-toxic, flexible, reusable and durable.
- ❤FLEXIBLE & NON-STICK: Silicone Baking Molds are naturally non stick to make popping out perfectly shaped baked treats a breeze. Our cupcake liners are designed to withstand thousands time' usage, totally a money saver
- ❤EASY TO CLEAN: Non-stick, spotless and odor resistant feature ensures the silicone cupcake liners are very easy to clean. Microwave, Oven, Refrigerator, Freezer and Dishwasher safe. Temperature safe from -40°F to +450°F(-40℃ to +230℃).
- ❤MULTIPURPOSE VERSATILITY - Silicone Molds are great for cooking eggs, baking muffins, cupcakes, and breads, preparing frozen treats, desserts on a baking sheet, candy making. Perfect holder for sorting small items. Replace your paper cake cups, muffin pan or tin, with our environmentally safe alternative.
- ❤STANDARD SIZE: 2.75 ×1.57 × 1.18 inches(top × bottom × high). Volume: 2.2 oz. Set of 24 pcs, 4 shapes（round,star,heart,rose) 6 pcs multipule colors(red, pink, purple, yellow, blue, green) in each shape. Double fun in your kitchen, your kids will love our baking cups too
- VALUE SET:Come with 4 flower shape mold in different colors,15 cavity,enough for your usages and demand.
- SIZE: 8.8inch/22.4cm length*4.1 inch/10.4cm width*0.5inch/1.3cm height,cavity size 1*1*0.5in (2.5cm*2.5cm*1.3cm),small size,easy to store and clean.
- GOOD QUALITY:Made of good quality silicone,durable,anti-broken,flexible,collapsible,long service time.
- HEAT RESISTANCE:Temperature range from -40 to 446F (-40c to +230c).Safe for dishwasher, microwave oven and refrigerator.
- MULTI PURPOSE:Perfcet for making chocolate,cakes,candy,pizza,bread,jelly,pudding,butter and soap etc.
- Silicone candy mold with three gem designs is great for molding gelatin, candy, and chocolate
- Color: Light blue
- Material: Silicone
- Contains 12 cavities
- Before first and after each use, hand wash in warm, soapy water; rinse and dry thoroughly with soft cloth; dishwasher safe
Buying Guide to Select the Best Silicone Molds
What Exactly Is a Silicone Mold?
The molds are made of a rubber created from a mix of silicon and oxygen. Silicon is a natural element that makes up about 28% of the earth’s crust. To give it a shape, heat is applied to this substance during the manufacturing and hardening process. It can also be modelled in various forms by injection during the production phase.
What Are the Advantages of A Silicone Mold?
As you may have noticed in the description of the various models, all of them have their non-stick properties, both for the baking trays and for the ones that are used for the fridge. But this is not the only feature. Below we list all the benefits of using a silicone mold.
- Easy to Clean: being flexible, it is easy to extract what has been cooked from the inside.
- Oil-Free: unlike other materials, silicone can be washed in the dishwasher, as it does not contain oil, so it should neither melt nor scratch.
Suitable for both heating and freezing: silicone is safe in the freezer, oven, microwave and even in the dishwasher. So you can cook, serve and store food on the same plate.
- The Food Cooks Evenly: you no longer have to worry about burning the bottom of your delicacies while the rest remains raw. Since silicone does not transfer heat like metal or glass, food stops cooking as soon as you take it out of the oven.
- Can Be Used Everywhere: being so light and easy to store, it can be taken with you on a trip or camping.
- Flexible: if it bends, the mold will resume its original shape.
- Indestructible: it does not break, unlike glass and metal.
- Optimize Spaces: requires little space to put it away.
- Thermal Stability: usable at various temperatures.
- Versatile: It can be pulled out of the oven and go directly to the fridge or vice versa.
- Guaranteed Safety: each mold is produced through a thermal process that lasts from 6 to 7 hours, which eliminates potentially toxic residues.
- Healthy Nutrition: the use of oils or fats is not required to grease the mold (but you can still do it if you prefer).
What Are the Aspects to Consider when Using a Silicone Mold?
Some aspects are particularly relevant for using silicone moulds: keep this in mind if you decide to buy them. To simplify your life, here’s a list.
- Attention to The Dishwasher: while being 100% suitable for washing in the dishwasher, it does not mean that this is always the best method for washing silicone molds.
- Greases Difficult to Eliminate: the molds tend to create a layer of grease that could resist washing in the dishwasher. In this case, you will have to wash them by hand or absorb the fat with a little baking soda.
- Do Not Leave Them Exposed to Direct Heat: even if the silicone trays can be used to cook directly in the oven, they should not be left on the stove when they are on because they could damage them.
- Always Use an Oven Pan as A Support Under the Mold: the smaller silicone molds keep themselves, but the larger ones will need the support of an oven pan to be stable.
- Follow the Manufacturer’s Instructions: make sure of the maximum recommended temperature to use it in the oven. It can vary from one mold to another.
- Do Not Use Too Aggressive Detergents: to wash the molds, and it is recommended to avoid harsh soaps, which could create a white patina on the surface that would alter the flavours of the food, without however compromising the Safety and performance of the mold itself. To eliminate the problem, we advise you to immerse the product in boiling water for a few minutes.
- Do Not Cut Anything Inside the Mold: you must never cut your dishes inside a silicone mold. Although it is a versatile material, it is not indestructible.
How to Wash the Silicone Molds?
Since the contents of the silicone molds come off easily from the baking tray, it is not necessary to put them in the dishwasher after each use.
Instead, clean them with a cloth moistened with soapy water. Then, rinse and dry them before storing them. If they seem too greasy, then put them in the dishwasher or use baking soda. The latter remedy consists of dusting some baking soda inside the molds and leaving it overnight.
The next day, throw the baking soda away and rewash the molds, either by hand or in the dishwasher. In the remote case where not even this option works, heat your oven to the maximum and put the molds in it for about ten minutes.
How Do You Use Silicone Molds to Cook in The Oven?
The molds can undoubtedly be used to prepare cold desserts; as for hot dishes, there are more indications to follow, due to the risks involved in handling high-temperature products. Here are some tips for use.
Put the silicone baking tray into another baking tray: we advise you to put your silicone molds inside a baking tray for biscuits before pouring the mixture into it. This will make it easier to put them in the oven and also to take them out after cooking.
Cool the silicone utensils: you will need at least 30 to 45 minutes to cool a cake cooked in a silicone mold thoroughly. Take out the dish: when your cake is cold, simply turn the mold to detach it.
When we talk about molds for baking, we refer to silicone as a synthetic polymer. These products were declared safe by the FDA (Agency for Food and Medicines) in 1979 and by the EC in 2004. The silicone used in kitchen utensils is harmless, non-toxic and does not harm food in any way.
All oven cooking products must be manufactured according to CE and FDA safety standards, and the silicone molds that come into contact with food are no exception. Even if the temperature exceeds the recommended maximum limit, compliant molds will not emit toxic gases.
Many people have reported the presence of odours when cooking with silicone utensils, which seem to be related to the use of fillers during production. For this reason, it is essential to remember that, being very popular, many low-quality ones are manufactured to sell more.
If you buy online, you will not be able to verify the product with your own hands, so read the reviews of other users who will have certainly shared in the case of unpleasant experiences.
If by twisting them, the moulds turn white, it means that fillers have been used. And, although there is no risk, for this reason, we advise you to buy silicone molds produced by renowned companies.
Shapes and Dimensions
Depending on the purpose for which you buy silicone molds, you will have to search for the most suitable ones. If you want to cook a cake, you clearly won’t need animal-shaped molds or geometric shapes.
In this case, simply look for a pan of the size you need. Instead, if you are baking cookies, maybe some unique shapes will give it a special touch.
As we have seen in the Ranking, some manufacturers offer packs of many molds. It’s up to you to decide to buy many or just a few, depending on what use you will make of them. In general, multipacks are ideal for professional pastry chefs or cooks who cook regularly or for many diners.