Can you say what a smart key finder is? Many also know it as ‘find smart keys’ … If you don’t know, would you be able to imagine its functions? Although not a ‘magical’ product, it does have some applications that can come in handy.
One above all is, as the name suggests, that of playing if you cannot find your keys, to be able to identify them immediately. And there is more. These wearable devices connect to others to portable devices exactly like a smartwatch.
Which means that the device interacts with its owner and lends itself to an infinite number of uses. Would you like to know more? Well, keep reading!
Here we had listed out the best smart key finders that are present below.
Things to Consider Before Buying Smart Key Finder
Smart key finders immediately provide their location, often in real-time. Although they are called in many ways, what is essential is that you will no longer lose your keys and you will no longer need to call the locksmith in the middle of the night. If you don’t know them, in this space, we will answer the most frequently asked questions from users.
What Exactly Is a Smart Key Finder?
A key finder, also known by the name of key locator, is a small electronic device, a gadget, which connects via Bluetooth to your phone and which uses the smart GPS function to find any object. Some need to download a phone application ( app ) to make the device work properly.
They are known as key finders, key trackers, smart trackers, GPS trackers, object trackers, or Bluetooth keychains. In practice, it is a portable device exactly like a fitness bracelet or a smartwatch.
What Are the Advantages of Using a Smart Key Finder or Key Locator?
New technologies facilitate the daily lives of many people, and their progress is positively received when they improve our daily lives. However, due to the reduction of privacy, there are also many detractors of the technology. In any case, what is certain is that a key finder contains an infinite number of advantages, as you will see in the list below:
- Different technologies. You can choose one that connects via Bluetooth or via radiofrequency.
- You will no longer lose your keys. It is particularly suitable for distracted people, who quickly forget things or for older people.
- Locate multiple objects. A key finder is also perfect for locating glasses, wallets, or any other purpose, such as your pet’s collar. It can even find your phone, even if it is in silent mode, which is a great advantage.
- Small size. They are generally small devices, perfect for use as a key ring in your key ring.
- Different notification systems. They can signal the position of the keys through a sound or even through an LED light.
- Perfect as a gift. In case you have a mother who always forgets the keys or a child who still loses the dog every time he takes it out.
What Type of Key Finder or Key Locator Can I Find on The Market?
Even if you are not updated on the latest technological devices, the market is inexorably moving in this direction. Young people are always the ones who handle these gadgets with greater ease, but if this is not your case, in the following list we will present you the various types of key finders on the market and their technology.
- Find Bluetooth Keys. They use this technology to locate nearby objects via a cell phone that has GPS. They are suitable for finding objects in the immediate vicinity. Bluetooth must be version 4.0 or higher. They are normally available in IOS and Android.
- Find Gps Keys. They use an application on the phone to locate the lost object. They connect to telephone repeaters. Generally, it is possible to set the app with many handy functions such as the volume of the warning signals.
- Find Rfid Keys. The keyrings that work via radio frequency ( Radio Frequency Identification, in English) transmit the presence of an object – in this case, a key – via radio waves. The first product in our ranking is a good example, even if it includes LED lights for better visibility and identification.
- Find Keys with WiFi. They only use WiFi points to show you where your keys are. It is particularly suitable for places with little coverage, such as a basement.
- Find Keys with Lantern. It is a function with which you can find lost keys more easily and generally works in combination with Bluetooth, GPS, or RFID.
How Do Key Finders Work with Locator Communities?
Some electronic devices to detect lost objects even have a community of locators. In practice, they have a community of users on the internet. Simply enter an anonymous message about the purpose we are looking for and community users will help you find it, all without compromising the security of your data.
If you have finally noticed the great usefulness of smart key finders, do not forget to read this section dedicated to the essential purchase criteria that you must consider before choosing one. It won’t do you any good if it only has a reception range of just three meters, doesn’t it?
- Easy to use
- Weight and size
- Manufacturing material
- Additional functions
Easy to Use
Consider why you want a key finder. For example, if it is for a relative who is already older than age, it would be better for you to opt for a straightforward product. Difficulties in use could condemn him to be an object that will end his days locked inside the closet. Consequently, if you are not very up to date on new technologies, look for one that is easy to use.
The reception range of the device is a key factor. If you usually lose your keys in your apartment, you won’t need a broad field, but if you live in a large house, then it could be significant.
Consequently, always choose a key finder with at least twenty meters radius in the interior and between thirty or forty if it is for the exterior. If you are an expert in this type of gadget, look for one that allows you to create an alarm perimeter. So if your keys or your pet were to leave this field, the tracker would notify you immediately via an alarm.
If you want the device to use intelligent object detection, buy a key finder that has at least Bluetooth 4.0. It is the minimum version for this type of technology, although it will always be better to opt for Bluetooth 4.1.
You already know that gadgets of this type are developed at an incredible speed and in a few months there will be a new version on the market. You have already seen in our ranking that a wide range of products is available.
If you prefer, opt for radiofrequency or integrated GPS with Bluetooth, they will not disappoint you. The former is also particularly simple even for non-expert users.
If you want the device to last long, opt for lithium batteries. They will guarantee you at least one year of use. In any case, there are many options on the market, as you have seen among the products in our ranking. You can also choose AAA batteries, more comfortable for some people, or even button batteries.
Weight and Size
Both dimensions and weight are criteria that do not directly affect the functions of the smart key ring, but it can be more or less comfortable with the variation of these two factors.
If you lose your keys frequently, you will prefer that the device be small in size to include it in your daily routine. If, on the other hand, it is cumbersome, its use can certainly be less. Consider this detail well.
The manufacturing materials of the device will determine its durability, so pay attention to this factor too and opt for ABS plastic, a common element in key finders, and of which you will find many examples in our ranking. Two of its significant advantages are a convenience for all types of budgets and long life.
Finally, one detail to consider is the extra features or additional features. The fact that it has a built-in LED flashlight can be ideal for people with vision problems or dark environments. Also, it will work without having to resort to your cell phone battery. Consider this because it could be of high relevance.