The range of electric can openers on the market is extensive, and choosing the best model could prove difficult. To understand which model to take, some aspects must always be analyzed in depth.
Its dimensions, power, type of power supply used, weight, and the presence or absence of accessories, are just some of the things you will have to evaluate before purchasing. All of these will also affect the final price of the can opener.
Here we had selected some of the best electric can openers that are listed below.
- ✔ Automatic can opener for individuals with arthritis or hand pain, requires no manual labor.
- ✔ The special highlight: after opening, the tin lid can be used directly for closing.
- ✔ The electric automatic can opener cuts off the lids with rounded edges to eliminates the risk of injury.
- ✔ Opens your cans fully automatically at the touch of a button, the lid is held simultaneously with a magnet to avoid a mess.
- ✔The can opener uses the latest technology, Comfort and luxury are the ideals we pursue.
- ✔ Effortlessly opens cans of any size at the push of a button. Please be noted that the can top / the blade should be bend, it is normal and not defective
- ✔Smooth Edge - Innovative side-cutting system removes the top of any can and creates a resealable smooth edge lid
- ✔Easy to Clean - Wipe with a damp cloth to clean, please note that Do Not Rinse The Battery Part
- ✔Size - Measures approximately 4.72×2.9×1.9 inches. Small in size and Light in weight, Easy to carry
- ✔Power By - 2×AA batteries (not included). No need to charge.
- ➽【Smooth Edge】 The Electric Can Openers' blade cuts along the side of the lid without touching food inside, soft edge will not hurt your hands.
- ➽【Built - In Magnet 】Ensures the lid to stay correctly, the tin cover can be cut completely, used directly for closing, convenient and safe. Restaurant can Opener for Chef's best choice.
- ➽【Safe and convenient】Electric can opener for Seniors , Arthritis, Weak Hands , It can be turned on automatically, saving time and effort, provide greater convenience in life.
- ➽【Battery Powered (Not Included)】After putting in 2 AA batteries and press the stand alone button, the can opener begin to walk around the can edge automatically.
- ➽【Ergonomic Design】Small streamlined body gives you a comfortable handle, Mini appearance, compact and convenient, easy to carry and hold, easy to operate.
- SMOOTH EDGE CAN OPENER: other can openers are dangerous. They leave sharp edges on the can and lid that can cause injury. Safety Can Express opens your can without leaving dangerous sharp edges on the lid or the can! In fact, the edges are so smooth you won’t pop a balloon! Finally, you don't have to worry about cutting yourself on that sharp edge!
- CAN LID STAYS IN PLACE: how many times have you opened a can to have the lid fall inside or create a mess? With Safety Can Express, your lid stays in place until you're ready to remove it, preventing spills and messes. Just pop the top after you release the can.
- CAN OPENER UNSEALS EDGES: Safety Can Express is different because it doesn't cut into your can or lid. Rather, it uses a steel roller driven by powerful gears to break that seal open without cutting into the lid. You’re left with edges that are incredibly smooth.
- REUSE THE LIDS: have leftovers in that can? Why make another dish? Cans opened with Safety Can Express can reuse the lids to save leftovers. Try it on opened canned dinners or wet pet food that can easily spoil. You'll save money and time!
- EFFORTLESS OPERATION: our safety can opener is so incredibly easy to use. Just place the can and press the button down. There's very little effort needed, making Safety Can Express a great choice for those with arthritis, gripping issues, or loss of movement and mobility in their hands! There’s no more squeezing handles, no twisting your wrist.
- Made to Fit on Counter Underneath Cabinets
- Features a Knife Sharpener Attachment and Bottle Opener and Cord Storage
- Easy Push Down Cutting Function with Continuous Cutting
- The Can Opener will Accommodate to Various Sized Cans
- Ideal for Any Sized Can, when Sharpening a Knife or Opening a Bottle
- ♧LATEST TECHNOLOGY: Our Electric can opener open the lid by releasing the pressure from inside the can, which leaves no sharp edges, meaning safer cut. It works on cans of different sizes. (excluding rimless cans and peculiar-shaped cans)
- ♧KITCHEN HELPER: Effortlessly open cans with a touch of one button. Easy to use. Ideal for the disabled, arthritis sufferers and the left-handed people. Perfect for kitchen use.
- ♧ EASY TO CLEAN: no need of water for cleaning; stains can be wiped off with clean, damp cloth.（Note：Don’t Rinse The Battery Part）
- ♧ SMOOTH EDGE: Innovative side-cutting system removes the top of any can and creates a resealable smooth edge lid.
- ♧ SIZE: Measures approximately 6.7×2.4×1.6 inches. Small in size and Light in weight.(Battery not include)
- Easily and Efficiently Opens Cans. Designed With Quality in Mind to Efficiently and Easily Open Many Different-Sized Cans, Without Being Complicated.
- Twist-Off Cutting Lever: The Cutting Lever on the Automatic Can Opener Twists off to Make Cleaning Easy.
- Built-In Knife Sharpener. Keep All Your Kitchen Knives Sharp Without Having to Buy a Separate Sharpening Tool.
- Automatic Shutoff. This Hamilton Beach Can Opener Automatically Shuts off for Easy, Hands-Free Operation.
- Cord Storage: The Cord Neatly Stores Inside the Can Opener to Reduce Countertop Clutter.
- ✦【Smooth Edge】 The Electric Can Openers' blade cuts along the side of the lid without touching food inside. Leaving no sharp cuts!
- ✦【SUPER SAFE】 The electric automatic can openers' blade is safely recessed within the unit and can cuts off the lids with rounded edges to eliminates the risk of injury.
- ✦【Battery Operated】 Opens Your Cans with A Simple Push of Button, requires no manual labor! 2 AA batteries make it work like a charm! (Batteries are not included)
- ✦【Special Highlight!】 After opening, the magnet on the Can Opener will automatic pick up the lid. Also a best friend for seniors with arthritis and weak hands.
- ✦【Chef's Best Choice】 Your hands deserve to be treated like royalty! Keep your hands from hurting without sacrificing your cooking. The automatic can opener is the best hands-free solution for you!
- Stainless steel electric can opener safely and efficiently opens cans
- Hands-free operation; power-pierce cutting mechanism; magnetic lid lifter
- Shuts off automatically; removable cutting blade; retractable cord storage
- Integrated bottle opener
- Measures approximately 6.110 inches W x 5.410 inches L x 9.500 inches H
- ✔〖Smooth Edge〗Innovative side-cutting system removes the top of any can and creates a resealable smooth edge lid
- ✔〖Convenient to Use and Dependable〗Effortlessly open cans of any size by pressing of the gray button and stop by pressing once more. Perfect for seniors and the people with Arthritis
- ✔〖Easy to Clean〗Wipe with a damp cloth to clean, please note that Do Not Rinse The Battery Part
- ✔〖The special highlight〗Open any tin or can quickly, without fuss
- ✔〖Power〗By 2×AA batteries (not included)
Buyer Guide to Choose Electric Can Opener
Frequency of Use
First, before choosing an electric can opener, you need to evaluate what is the use you are going to make of it.
If you will only use it occasionally, it is not necessarily the electric version the most recommended for you, and it may be better to buy a classic can opener.
The electric versions are those recommended for those who need to have an appliance available to speed up the operations linked to the opening of the food cans.
These products are also those that require less maintenance and can be left fixed in place, to be ready for the next use.
Is the electric can opener the right product for you? Check now what its power is. This aspect, if you happened to use one of the first models on the market many years ago, has been getting better and better.
Its blade will act with a lot of power until the upper part of the tin is completely cut. In the professional versions, the power will be greater, to allow you to work even faster.
This aspect is also linked to what is the operating method used by the appliance; in fact, the battery ones will be a bit more limited.
One aspect to consider carefully before buying an electric can opener is its size. There are various versions of this type of product. There is talk of the counter opener and others that instead are placed in a drawer after use.
The former will allow you to have them in front of you ready for use, but they need free space on your workbench, where they can be placed in a fixed position.
So if you choose a version of this type, check before you have enough space available or fold over on a smaller model.
Type of Material
For the long life of your electric can opener, you should choose a model made with quality materials.
The best ones are those made of aluminum or steel. The steel blades are, in fact, the most resistant, both at work, but also to wear or the possibility of being attacked by rust.
But not only look at what the material used for the blades is but also check that of the can opener structure and be wary of the models made of thin plastic that could easily ruin or crash. It is always better to spend a little more, but for a quality product.
Batteries or Cable?
This is a rather complicated choice to make. The versions of can openers that are battery powered are intended mostly for home use when the use of this product will not be continuous.
The batteries will not wear out if the can opener is not used. If, on the other hand, you are going to use the can opener intensively, then it is better to choose a model that connects to the mains, thus avoiding that the appliance can stop working just when you need it most.
The reliability of a can opener is also assessed based on the types of cans it can open.
If you often find yourself needing to open cans with an irregular shape, or where the structure of the container is particularly thick, then it is more advisable to turn to a manual can opener.
On the other hand, the electric ones are recommended for opening large cans, which would take too long if a manual model were used. Then evaluate, based on what your needs are, what is the most suitable appliance to choose.
Magnet Hold Lid
The presence of a lid-covering magnet simplifies and opens the cans. The can openers that mount one allows you to keep the can still, while the blade goes to cut and to be able to lift it without having to use other objects or hands, thus avoiding the risk of going to cut.
In practice, using an object of this kind, it will be enough for you to place it above the jar to be opened and just wait for it to finish acting—streets of compact products, which are used with one hand.
Handling a light electric can opener will facilitate your use. When you go to buy this type of products, remember always to go to check in its datasheet, what is its weight. There are, in fact, models that weigh a few grams and others more massive.
Their size also varies based on what the materials used to make them are. But I remind you that a light product is not always synonymous with quality. It could only be something made using poor quality materials and, therefore, also not very resistant to any falls or knocks.
An electric can opener, which is also a complete product, must offer the possibility of using multiple accessories.
There are, in fact, on the market of versions that have incorporated, in their structure, a knife sharpener or even a bottle opener.
Going to buy a model of this type, you will find yourself with a product that is more than just a can opener.
On the market, you will find many types, more or less expensive and more or less large, among which you can go to choose the one that is the model you like best, and that will best cover your needs.
How to Clean an Electric Can Opener
Cleaning your electric can opener will be an operation that will take you very little time.
Daily maintenance will be what you can do with a damp cloth to eliminate any trace of dirt that will have deposited on its structure during use.
But to extend its life, there are also other small rules to follow.
- After disconnecting it from the mains, disassemble the various parts, wash them with soap and water and dry them.
- If the cutting wheel is particularly encrusted, you can put it for 30 minutes or an hour in water and vinegar, treating all the dirt particles stuck to its structure with a brush, to remove any small particle.
- Then rinse everything carefully and dry it well.
- It will be enough for you to follow these few rules to have your can opener at your service for many and many years, without having to go and buy a new model.