The range of electric can openers on the market is extensive, and choosing the best model could prove difficult. To understand which model to take, some aspects must always be analyzed in depth.
Its dimensions, power, type of power supply used, weight, and the presence or absence of accessories, are just some of the things you will have to evaluate before purchasing. All of these will also affect the final price of the can opener.
Here we had selected some of the best electric can openers that are listed below.
- Eliminates sharp lid edges: This electric can opener cuts cans along the sides for smooth, touchable lids. Wattage (watts): 165 W
- Opens pop-top and regular cans: No need to struggle with or handle sharp and messy pop-top lids any longer.
- Easily open cans with one hand: Designed with an easy-touch opening lever
- Sleek chrome and black design: The stylish design of the Hamilton Beach can opener looks great on the countertop and complements...
- The motor of your can opener is permanently lubricated and will require no oiling
- FUNCTIONAL: Cuisinart quality-engineered motor system makes it easy to open any size can with the Power Cut blade
- STURDY: Base prevents any sliding or tipping
- EASY CLEAN UP: Removable activation lever for easy cleaning
- EASY TO USE: Single-touch operation for easy use
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this...
- 【It works on all size of lids】Easy to open lids from 1.2inch-3.5inch,The electric jar opener is made of sturdy Internal...
- 【Not for plastic jars】Note that it doesn't work on plastic lids, so won't open a mayonnaise jar for instance
- 【Silicone soft edge design will not hurt your hands】No more struggling and giving up trying to open something.This invention...
- 【Simple to use】Press the button for 3 second,no need to hold the jar opener with your hand,it will automatically open the...
- 【Best kitchen tool for anyone】Recommend this for anyone who has trouble opening jars due to fibromyalgia, arthritis, or...
- Table Top
- Durable Stainless Steel Housing
- Opens Dented cans
- Width: 5"
- Top Quality & Function – At Pohl & Schmitt we pride ourselves on making only the best quality products, designed to function...
- 3 Tools In One – Not just a superb electric can opener, but with built-in features like a knife sharpener and bottle opener this...
- Safety Above All – Built-in magnet hangs on to the lid after cutting and helps you lift the lid off the can for save and hands...
- Detachable Cutting Lever – Easily rinse off the cutting unit as needed. Opens pop-top and regular cans so no need to struggle...
- Only The Best Quality With Pohl + Schmitt - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The washable cutting lever on the electric can opener easily removes to rinse clean under the faucet.
- OPEN TALLER CANS — EXTRA-TALL DESIGN: With its extra-tall design, this automatic can opener easily opens a wide range of...
- AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. This Hamilton Beach can opener automatically shuts off, freeing your hands for other kitchen tasks.
- BUILT-IN KNIFE SHARPENER: Keep all your kitchen knives sharp without having to buy a separate sharpening tool.
- REDUCE CLUTTER: Cord storage at the base of the can opener helps keep countertops and cabinets clutter-free.
- 【The last electric can opener you'll need】The Kitchen Mama automatic can opener is the best hands-free can opening solution...
- 【Easy operation】Two taps to open any cans with our electric can opener. Push the button to turn it on. It cuts cans 360°...
- 【Safety design】The blade cuts along the side of the lid without touching the food inside. Leave no sharp cuts. -- SUPER SAFE!
- 【User-friendly, ergonomic design】A great help for people with challenges gripping, best friend for elderly suffering from...
- 【Enjoy the best cooking experience】Your hands deserve to be treated like royalty! No effort. No injury. Save your energy. Save...
- EASY TO CLEAN: The washable cutting lever on the electric can opener easily twists off to make cleaning the can opener easy
- BUILT-IN KNIFE SHARPENER: Keep all your kitchen knives sharp without having to buy a separate sharpening tool
- CORD STORAGE: The cord neatly stores inside the base of the automatic can opener to reduce countertop clutter
- AUTOMATIC SHUTOFF. Automatically shuts off, freeing your hands for other kitchen tasks
- EASILY ALIGN CANS: Easier to operate than many electric can openers, the guide post is designed to make it easier to align cans,...
- Electric can opener for opening standard-sized cans
- Powerful stainless steel blade smoothly and safely opens cans with no snagging
- Automatic stop, on/off, and release/locking mechanisms
- Wide, non-slip base keeps the opener in place on your countertop
- Magnetic lid holder prevents lid from dropping into the can
- 「SMOOTH EDGE」▕ The blade cuts along the side of the lid and leaves NO Sharps Edges, which makes cutting safer than regular...
- 「CONVENIENT TO USE AND DEPENDABLE」▕ Small streamlined body gives you a comfortable handle, easy to operate. Electric can...
- 「EASY TO CLEAN」▕ Wipe with a damp cloth to clean, please note that Do Not Rinse The Battery Part.
- 「SUITABLE FOR MOST OF CANS」▕ Electric can opener perfects for almost all size of cans(excluding rimless cans and...
- 「GIFT IDEAS」▕ Professional and safe electric can opener is an ideal kitchen gadget. It is a great gift for your parents,...
Buyer Guide to Choose Electric Can Opener
Frequency of Use
First, before choosing an electric can opener, you need to evaluate what is the use you are going to make of it.
If you will only use it occasionally, it is not necessarily the electric version the most recommended for you, and it may be better to buy a classic can opener.
The electric versions are those recommended for those who need to have an appliance available to speed up the operations linked to the opening of the food cans.
These products are also those that require less maintenance and can be left fixed in place, to be ready for the next use.
Is the electric can opener the right product for you? Check now what its power is. This aspect, if you happened to use one of the first models on the market many years ago, has been getting better and better.
Its blade will act with a lot of power until the upper part of the tin is completely cut. In the professional versions, the power will be greater, to allow you to work even faster.
This aspect is also linked to what is the operating method used by the appliance; in fact, the battery ones will be a bit more limited.
One aspect to consider carefully before buying an electric can opener is its size. There are various versions of this type of product. There is talk of the counter opener and others that instead are placed in a drawer after use.
The former will allow you to have them in front of you ready for use, but they need free space on your workbench, where they can be placed in a fixed position.
So if you choose a version of this type, check before you have enough space available or fold over on a smaller model.
Type of Material
For the long life of your electric can opener, you should choose a model made with quality materials.
The best ones are those made of aluminum or steel. The steel blades are, in fact, the most resistant, both at work, but also to wear or the possibility of being attacked by rust.
But not only look at what the material used for the blades is but also check that of the can opener structure and be wary of the models made of thin plastic that could easily ruin or crash. It is always better to spend a little more, but for a quality product.
Batteries or Cable?
This is a rather complicated choice to make. The versions of can openers that are battery powered are intended mostly for home use when the use of this product will not be continuous.
The batteries will not wear out if the can opener is not used. If, on the other hand, you are going to use the can opener intensively, then it is better to choose a model that connects to the mains, thus avoiding that the appliance can stop working just when you need it most.
The reliability of a can opener is also assessed based on the types of cans it can open.
If you often find yourself needing to open cans with an irregular shape, or where the structure of the container is particularly thick, then it is more advisable to turn to a manual can opener.
On the other hand, the electric ones are recommended for opening large cans, which would take too long if a manual model were used. Then evaluate, based on what your needs are, what is the most suitable appliance to choose.
Magnet Hold Lid
The presence of a lid-covering magnet simplifies and opens the cans. The can openers that mount one allows you to keep the can still, while the blade goes to cut and to be able to lift it without having to use other objects or hands, thus avoiding the risk of going to cut.
In practice, using an object of this kind, it will be enough for you to place it above the jar to be opened and just wait for it to finish acting—streets of compact products, which are used with one hand.
Handling a light electric can opener will facilitate your use. When you go to buy this type of products, remember always to go to check in its datasheet, what is its weight. There are, in fact, models that weigh a few grams and others more massive.
Their size also varies based on what the materials used to make them are. But I remind you that a light product is not always synonymous with quality. It could only be something made using poor quality materials and, therefore, also not very resistant to any falls or knocks.
An electric can opener, which is also a complete product, must offer the possibility of using multiple accessories.
There are, in fact, on the market of versions that have incorporated, in their structure, a knife sharpener or even a bottle opener.
Going to buy a model of this type, you will find yourself with a product that is more than just a can opener.
On the market, you will find many types, more or less expensive and more or less large, among which you can go to choose the one that is the model you like best, and that will best cover your needs.
How to Clean an Electric Can Opener
Cleaning your electric can opener will be an operation that will take you very little time.
Daily maintenance will be what you can do with a damp cloth to eliminate any trace of dirt that will have deposited on its structure during use.
But to extend its life, there are also other small rules to follow.
- After disconnecting it from the mains, disassemble the various parts, wash them with soap and water and dry them.
- If the cutting wheel is particularly encrusted, you can put it for 30 minutes or an hour in water and vinegar, treating all the dirt particles stuck to its structure with a brush, to remove any small particle.
- Then rinse everything carefully and dry it well.
- It will be enough for you to follow these few rules to have your can opener at your service for many and many years, without having to go and buy a new model.