If you don’t know which bench vise to buy, nor have you ever had the need to rely on one of these products, you are in the right place. By following our purchase advice, you will not only be able to choose the device that best suits your needs but also have a thorough knowledge of the products that will allow you to understand its operation better.
For those who do not need to read our entire article, we have created a summary table to highlight the products preferred by users immediately.
A bench vise is a useful tool for various jobs carried out in the workshop or garage. Just as the name suggests, it is fixed to the workbench and serves to hold a piece of wood, metal, or any other material in position so that it does not move during your work. Here we will be listing the top 8 best bench vices.
- Home Work Shop Vise, woodworking, assembly, general maintenance.
- Jaw width: 4-1/2" (11.4CM) x Jaw opening: 3" (7.6CM) x Throat depth: 2.4" (6.1CM)
- Holds 0. 6" D to 1. 85" D pipes and tubes (1. 5CM x 4. 7CM)
- 30, 000 PSI cast iron construction, blue power coat finish
- Anvil: 1. 75” x 2” (4. 4CM x 5. 1CM)
- BENCH VISE: This vise features a heavy reinforced 4-lug base, polished anvil & anvil horn for shaping, swivel lock leaver, permanent pipe jaws, replaceable hardened steel jaw faces & a heavy-duty machined spindle & hand.
- HIGH QUALITY: With its 270-degree swivel base & powder coated finish our product is perfect for your heavy hardware woodwork. Attach it to your workbench in the garage & work with ease.
- MADE TO LAST: Our durable and long-lasting tools help you with home, garage & industrial projects. With professional-grade quality, easily repair & fix issues with our tool cabinet essentials.
- THE RIGHT TOOL FOR THE JOB: We engineer a range of bolt cutters, clamps, chisels, folding carts, hammers, pliers, saws, screwdrivers, tape measures, utility knives, vises, bolt cutters, saws & wrenches.
- SUPERIOR INSTRUMENTS: Olympia Tools provides quality & innovative hand & specialty tools, tool accessories & outdoor equipment for construction, woodworking, mechanical maintenance & home repair.
- Audible Audiobook
- Robert B. Parker (Author) - Burt Reynolds (Narrator)
- English (Publication Language)
- 04/15/2004 (Publication Date) - Phoenix Books (Publisher)
- Includes 1-pc. 120-degree swivel bench vise: 4 in.; Product manual; Mounting template
- Cast iron construction (30,000 PSI tensile strength) with replaceable serrated steel jaws holds work with a sure, nonslip grip
- 120-degree swivel base with dual lock-down nuts positions workpiece where you need it
- Three mounting holes anchor vise securely to workbench
- Polished steel anvil offers a smooth, consistent work surface for shaping metal pieces
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Marc Spagnuolo, Nicole Spagnuolo (Actors)
- Marc Spagnuolo (Writer) - Marc Spagnuolo (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- Data:Net weight 3.7 lbs, Maximum width of jaw opening 3.0 inch, Jaw width 2.75 inch;
- Wide range of applications: V60 vise is ideal for small parts such as home, jewelry, hobbies, model making, electronics, etc., providing clamping for light applications. Round, square and other shaped part can be processed;
- Flexible use: Rotate the control handle to rotate the vise body to the desired position, and move the rotary control handle to firmly fix the vise body. The vise body can be rotated 360° on its base, even if you are used to the left hand, there will be no hindrance. It is very convenient to disassemble and install;
- Durable: The jaws are quenched and normalized to increase the hardness and toughness of the jaws and are durable;
- Non-slip design: The anti-slip texture on the inner side of the jaws increases the clamping force of the jaws, and does not slip; it lays a good foundation for your smooth completion.
- Toe-in toward top jaws helps ensure firm grip on workpiece
- Square body seating for easy under-bench mounting
- Provision for installing wooden cheeks to protect work pieces
- 4-1/2" jaw capacity perfect for light duty woodworking tasks
- Crated of forged iron for long-lasting durability
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Bench Vises
If you intend to buy the best bench vice for sale on the market, we invite you to continue reading our guide, which also includes reviews of the devices of the best brands, whose prices we have compared.
Look at other images!
For Each Type of Processing
The amount of work that can be performed with the help of a bench vise is countless. It can, for example, be useful for gluing two pieces of wood with extreme precision or welding two pieces of metal of excessively small dimensions to be managed with your own hands.
According to your needs, bench vices of different types are more or less suitable for specific processes.
Now let’s see in detail what they are and what they are for, so you will be able to opt not only for the best-selling pieces but, having a clearer picture, you will avoid wasting money, and you will buy the most suitable vice for your needs.
Vise for Wood or Mechanics
Bench vises for wood are generally suitable for holding pieces of wood in place that need to be sawn, planed, filed or drilled.
To prevent to softwoods from being damaged in the vice, these products often have wooden jaws or offer the possibility of inserting protective elements that do not hurt and mark the wood.
The mechanical vice, on the other hand, is often made of cast iron, an extremely resistant ferrous material, even to heat. These products must be fixed to the workbench, often with screws and bolts, so as not to move during the execution of complex procedures.
The main element to be taken into account in these cases is undoubtedly the opening of the vice, often also called jaw width inside the technical sheets. The larger the opening, the larger the pieces of wood and metal that you can lock inside.
Fixing and Use
Some clamps, after being locked to the work table, allow being oriented thanks to a rotating base, which in turn can be secured by means of levers. It is an excellent addition to consider, especially by users who have very small workstations and need to take advantage of any space.
Also, make sure, for practical use, that the inside of the vise is knurled, thus ensuring a firm grip on any material.
Now that you have the basics to understand how to choose a good bench vice, we invite you to read the next section where you can analyze with us the most exciting offers relating to the products sold online.
Users have expressed their positive opinion on all the products that we have decided to include in our list, allowing us to create a ranking of the best bench vises.
So let’s see these products together to make a comparison that manages to highlight strengths and weaknesses, thus facilitating you in the arduous task represented by the final choice.
The first thing you notice when looking at the EBT 150 bench vice is its grinding wheel; it has a length of 475 mm with an opening equal to 150 mm. Bulkiness is a big plus because, together with the weight of 16 kg, it is an indicator of strength and reliability.
The material with which it is made is called metal “GS,” an acronym for ductile iron, with improved mechanical characteristics compared to normal lamellar cast iron. The part that acts as an anvil, however, is made of steel.
The clamping force of the jaws is considerable according to what the buyer’s report and, therefore the purchase of soft metal bars to be placed inside, where the knurled section is present, to avoid that a too-firm grip can damage delicate pieces.
Fixing to The Workbench
One of the essential elements for the correct operation of the vice is its ability to fasten to the workbench. A roughly installed vise may come off during metalworking with potentially unpleasant and risky consequences. So make sure you have positioned it correctly by carrying out work tests that are not excessively dangerous.
The EBT 150 vice consists of a revolving base with three holes with a diameter for fixing to the 12 mm workbench, arranged at 120 degrees to each other on a width of 125 mm.
Some consumers claim that the screws necessary for fixing are not present in the package; therefore, if you go to the hardware store to get some, we invite you to bring the vice with you so you can ask the trusted shopkeeper what screws would be the case to use. You will not, therefore, risk using too fragile or excessively large ones.
The Peugeot vice may initially seem excessively expensive. Still, given its possibility of professional use, despite what the competition offers, it is perhaps one of the products with the best quality/price ratio on sale currently on the market.
Therefore it is possible to consider it as the best bench vice of 2020, both for beginners who want to learn how to work metals and for professionals who want a quality product.