We all want to breathe pure, contaminant-free air in our homes, especially people with asthma and allergies. A proper purifier can bring benefits in this sense, but it is good to inquire adequately before buying.
Some operate on ozone and may even be harmful because they irritate the lungs. Read the guide to find out what the best air purifier on the market can be for you.
Here we will be listing the top 10 best air purifiers that are famous all over the world.
- Genuine Replacement Filters: Search for core300-rf or core 300 replacement filter for Replacement Filters. Use genuine Levoit replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment
- Higher Purify Performance: Use the Core 300 to fill your environment with crisp, clean air. Its Vortexair Technology creates a stronger air flow, CADR number is 230+m3/h, allowing it to cover up to 219 sq. ft. AC 120V/60HZ for USA and Canada
- Improved Filtration: With larger expansion area and longer length than others, the H13 Ture HEPA filter works with ultra-fine Pre-filter and activated carbon filter, trapping 99. 97% of fine particles and allergens as small as 0. 3 microns and large pollutants such as dust, pet dander, smoke, mold, pollen
- Most Silent Air Cleaner: The noise level is nearly voiceless at sleep mode with only 24db, its QuietKEAP Technology reduces noise so you can sleep in a restful and soothing indoor environment
- Ultra-long Service Life: Industry leader provider's bearing makes this levoit core300 hepa air purifier durable and reliable. The AC capacitor motor uses durable high-precision bearing, and excellent internal structure increases abrasion resist, which obviously extends the life of machine
- 4-in-1 air purifier for home: True HEPA air filter reduces up to 99.97% of harmful germs, dust, pollen, pet dander, mold spores, and other allergens as small as .3 microns from the air
- Kills germs: UV-C light helps kill airborne viruses such as influenza, staph, rhinovirus, and works with Titanium Dioxide to reduce volatile organic compounds
- Traps allergens pre filter traps dust, pet hair, and other large particles while extending the life of the HEPA filter. Bulb wattage is 55 watts
- Reduces odors: Activated charcoal filter helps to reduce unwanted odors from pets, smoke, cooking fumes, and more
- Quiet operation: The lowest setting can be used as gentle white noise at night for a quiet, restful sleep
- EXTRA LARGE ROOM AIR PURIFIER – The Honeywell HPA300 HEPA Air Purifier helps to make the air you breathe cleaner. Recommended for extra-large rooms (465 square feet), it helps capture up to 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- HELPS REDUCE ALLERGENS & CERTAIN GERMS - This HEPA air purifier has 3 air cleaning levels + Turbo Clean. It helps capture particles like pet dander, pollen, dust and smoke. It reduces up to 99.9% of certain airborne viruses, bacteria and mold spores.
- EFFECTIVE AIR CLEANING AND CIRCULATION – The Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier filters and circulates air in extra-large 465 square feet. Rooms up to 5 times an hour – 120x per day. You can breathe easy knowing the air in your home is cleaner with fewer allergens.
- No.1 BRAND RECOMMENDED BY ALLERGISTS – Honeywell HEPA Air Purifier, the Doctor’s Choice, is the No.1 brand recommended by allergists. Backed with a 5-year warranty, Honeywell air purifiers are a trusted partner in the fight against airborne particles.
- COMPATIBLE DOES NOT MEAN COMPARABLE – For best performance, use only Genuine Honeywell air purifier filters. Compatible air purifier filter replacements are not guaranteed to offer the same performance or efficiency.
- Coway Mighty (AP-1512HH) is designed to accommodate room sizes up to 361 sq.ft (CADR: Dust 246 / Pollen 240 / Smoke 233 cb. ft.).
- 4 Stage Filtration System (Pre-filter, Deodorization filter, True HEPA filter, Vital Ion) captures and reduces up to 99.97% of particles 0.3 microns in the air, including pollen, pollutants and other allergens. It also reduces volatile organic compounds and reduces odor.
- Coway Mighty pollution sensor communicates indoor air quality in real-time. The brightly colored LED lets you know how clean or dirty your indoor air is every minute of the day. And it features a timer, and filter lifetime indicator.
- Fan speeds available in 1, 2, 3 stages by manually setting up. While auto mode automatically optimizes the speed setting 1 through 3 based on the level of indoor air quality. When no pollution is detected for 30 minutes, the fan will automatically stop and set as Eco mode to save energy.
- Timer feature allows the machine to run 1/4/8 hours before automatically powering off.
- 【Smart Air Quality Sensor & Indicator】This air freshener features unique AQ interface, built-in air quality sensor detects air quality at work, the interface will continuously diagnose the air and display the air quality level (blue-green-orange-red). you can adjust cleaning performance depending on the air quality. When the filters indicators light up, it is recommended to replace your filter every 4230 hours.
- 【5 in 1 Air Filter System】 3 speeds and 2 modes adjustment (low, medium, high speed, auto and sleep modes)in one button. In sleep mode, the noise is less than 29 dB, maximum noise below 52 dB at high speed. It is perfect for using in living rooms, bedrooms, children's rooms and offices.
- 【True HEPA Air Purifier】Equipped with pre-filter, HEPA filter, an activated carbon filter, easy to capture up dust, smoke, odor, pet dander and cooking around your living space and zero Ozone emission. The VK-6067B is suitable for rooms up to 18-31m², and the cleaning performance CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) is 220m³ / h3 fan speed and auto mode meet your needs.
- 【3 Timers & Memory Function】HOKEKI user-friendly air cleaner built-in 3 timers function(2/4/8hours), it can give you more flexibility to choose exactly how long you want the purifier to operate at any given time and save energy in the process. It also supports memory function, it will remember its programmed settings when turned off, this includes the wind speed gear and working mode. When the machine is turned on again, the wind speed gear and working mode can be restored to the latest function
- 【Genuine Replacements】: Only use genuine HOKEKI replacement filters to ensure excellent performance (Search: B087FYNBQM). The convenient check filter indicator informs you when it might be time for a new filter. Filters should be replaced every 6–8 months
- 【Efficient Three-Stage Filtration System】 PARTU HEPA Air Purifier features a three-stage filtration system. This comprises a pre-filter, a HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter, powerful enough to captures up dust, pollen, smoke, odor, pet dander, filters particles as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution of PM 2.5.
- 【Air Purifier With Fragrance Sponge】Add a drop of essential oil (Not Included) and some water into sponge below the purifier air outlet, then fragrance will flow with air movements. (Such as Citrus, Honeydew Melon, Musk, Vanilla, Orris or Vetiver)
- 【Lock Set】It's efficient to avoid error operation caused by pet or child's during their curiosity. (Keep pressing the Lock button for 3 seconds to start avoiding touching mode.) Three fan settings let you control the speed and volume of the Air purifier.
- 【Black Case And Sleek Design】Compact enough to fit on your desk. Effective area 107sq.ft/ 10m² (bedroom/ office). Noise Level :38-59 dB. 12 Watts; 0.8 A; Better suited to small rooms than large homes. (A voltage converter is needed if you want to use this air purifier beyond the US.)
- 【Important】The replacement filter should be replaced every 3-6 months depending on the air quality in your area and use of the Air Purifier to ensure best results. Easily obtainable under 25 dollars with the replacement filter (Search for: B07KY5WZVQ). Note: please remove the plastic bag of the HEPA filter and charcoal filter before running the air purifier.
- Designed in California. The UVC Light and Anion that other Brands adopt to purify air could produce a kind of air pollutant-Ozone, which is especially harmful for the children, Asthma sufferers and pets. Levoit air purifiers never use these for 100% Ozone free
- Advanced 3-Stage Filtration System: The Pre-Filter, True HEPA Filter, and High-Efficiency Activated Carbon Filter capture allergens, pet hair, dander, smoke, mold, odor and large dust particles, in addition to removing 99. 97% of airborne contaminants as small as 0. 3 microns
- Genuine Replacement Filters: Search for lvh132rf for Replacement filter. Use genuine Levoit replacement filters to maintain the best performance and to ensure what you're buying is worthy of your investment
- Adjustable Speeds with Silence: Three speed settings (low, medium, high) to meet different air quality and personal needs. Purify the air with only 25 dB on low level, suitable for restful environment and sleep time
- High-Efficiency Air Purifier: Circulates room air over 4 times per hour to achieve rapid purification. Unique size and contemporary design make the Levoit air purifier suitable for small or medium-sized rooms, like offices and dorms
- 【What's benifits?】An Air purifier traps common impurities including smoke, pollen, odors, dust and mold, leaves you the healthy environment.
- 【Why choose us???】Lastest Quiet-KEAP tech,working noise only 32dB.True HEPA filter,it could effectively deal with 99.97% of airborne particles as small as 0.3 microns.
- 【Is this one right for you?】 If you want an low-noise and powerful Air Purifier could deliver cleaned air 50-75m³/h for small spaces like kids bedrooms, dorm rooms, individual offices and other spaces within 80 ft²,Yep!👍
- 【Notice】We highly recommend replacing the filter at least once each 3 months.And It comes with a 59” long Micro USB cord without adapter!!No adapter!!No adapter!!
- 【Worry-free shopping】We offer returns for items within 30 days of receipt of shipment.❤️If there are any using issues,please tell us directly,we're glad to help you. Please search ‘B08H1Q9MNV’ for the air purifier filter and ‘B08T9H9J4L’ for the USB Adapter.
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pet dander, pollen and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns
- Washable AOC Carbon Filter, made from activated carbon granulars for removal of household odors. Decibels 27.8 dB
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter to safely break down odor, allergens, chemical vapors and other pollutants with no harmful ozone
- Smart Sensors gauge the air and our Auto Mode adjusts the fan to filter the air as needed; with a sleep mode for silent night time operation
- CADR rated for 360 square feet room size. Suitable for medium and large rooms; kids bedrooms, family rooms and kitchens
- Efficiency Filtration System: Our HEPA Air Purifier features an efficient filtration system, powerful enough to captures up dust, pollen, smoke, odor, pet dander. It can filter particles as small as 0.3 microns and air pollution of PM 2.5, eliminate 99.97% tiny objects in an indoor environment of 215sq.ft (20m³).
- Air Filter With Fragrance Sponge: Add a drop of essential oil (Not Included) and some water into the sponge below the filter air outlet, then fragrance will flow with air movements. (Such as Citrus, Honeydew Melon, Musk, Vanilla, Orris or Vetiver)
- Ultra-Quiet: Thanks to the new brushless motor, the air purifier can operate at a decibel as low as 22db when working., it makes air cleaner lightweight and quiet, no annoying sound, not affect your work, sleep or study, suitable for use at night and in small spaces.
- Portable and Energy-Saving: Lighter weight (3.31lb), smaller size 6.3*6.3*9.3 inch) and 180-degree folding (space-saving) design make our fan more lightweight and portable, saving a lot of backpack space. Running in low power makes it a winner for energy-saving. How can you figure out a reason for not having it?
- Important: The replacement filter should be replaced every 3-6 months depending on the air quality in your area and use of the Air Purifier to ensure the best results. Note: please remove the plastic bag of the HEPA filter before running the air purifier.
Best Air Purifiers Buying Guide
The first aspect that the user will evaluate to determine which air purifier to choose will be its sufficient filtration capacity.
The systems that produce ozone (also called activated oxygen or trivalent oxygen) can break down microorganisms and particular odors. Still, great care must be taken because ozone is harmful to the body. Ozonizers, such as infrared thermometers, were among the most used devices in 2020 due to the known facts that hit Italy.
Effectiveness of The Filtration System
Some models use an ionizer (which can also produce ozone), which positively or negatively charges the substances suspended in the air, forcing them to attach themselves to the nearest surface. In this way, however, neither gas nor odors are eliminated, and the walls can get dirty.
Electrostatic systems reach a maximum efficiency of 95%, which can be drastically reduced, and here too, gas and odors are not eliminated just as it is not able to remove the presence of a UV light that is claimed to kill pathogens.
The user will then carefully evaluate those HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) systems developed during the Second World War even to prevent the emission of radioactive particles from nuclear reactors.
They have a minimum effectiveness of 99.97% and can block particles down to 0.3 microns. Filters (which generally have a significant price) must be changed regularly. Otherwise, they are useless.
The attentive consumer will notice that some models present multiple filtration systems simultaneously for greater efficiency and will seek the Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR), the measure of the rate of release of air free from aero-allergenic particles by a purifier, measure objective and reliable comparison between purifiers: a value above 350 is considered excellent, below 100 poor.
There are unique air purifiers for the whole house for which installation by a specialized technician is recommended. Those who read a guide to choosing the best economical air purifier will see that the most popular models are portable ones with a handle. Or wheels.
The dimensions of the various purifiers are not significantly different from each other, but an important aspect to which the user will have to refer is the more or less large area that the purifier can cover.
If the purified environment is unique and small (for example, 10 square meters), only the models capable of managing this space will be taken into consideration, not the higher ones.
Some models cover areas of 20 square meters as can be a large room or even 30 square meters, as in the case of a small office.
The user will evaluate whether the purifier should be moved from one environment to another or if it must always remain in the same situation.
The user who compares prices, performances, and technical features can also insert the purifier’s silence among his ranking parameters, knowing that the purifier must always be kept on. Otherwise, he is not able to make improvements to the air that you breathe.
From this point of view, it will evaluate the best models that are clean and highly efficient even on a low setting. The high (and noisy) adjustment of the fan can be set when you are not at home.
The consumer who is attentive to noise, therefore, will evaluate whether or not the purifier has the possibility of making these adjustments and how many decibels are emitted for each level.
The purchase guide, therefore, serves to collect useful information to determine which can be the best air purifier brand and not to make a mistake because it invites you to carefully evaluate essential aspects such as the efficiency of filtration and indoor air.
Asthma and various allergies are common problems for many people. In addition to the remedies prescribed by your doctor, you can help yourself, at least when you are at home, with a purifier that acts in such a way as to make the air healthier. On the market, there are several models dedicated to environments of all sizes.
The Importance of Filters
The filter plays a vital role in a purifier. Now, a purification system can be multi-stage. There are brands, for example, that offer four-stage purifiers, perhaps, each with its own patented technology. But let’s put aside the exclusive techniques that everyone proposes, and let’s concentrate on the filters.
Let us start by saying that the two filters we are going to talk about can be present in a single purifier. The first is the carbon filter that we appreciate for absorbing various odors, gasses, and chemical vapors.
But let’s give data that we believe can better make the idea about the importance and effectiveness of a carbon filter. Think, the 450-gram one has a filtering surface equal to 242,000 square meters.
HEPA filters are used in various household appliances; for example, we find them in vacuum cleaners but not only. It is a particulate filter, and you think it was first used by the United States Atomic Energy Commission to remove radioactive particles.
Don’t be surprised, therefore, by reading that these filters can block microscopic air particles. When the air passes through the screen, the particles are trapped, and consequently, dust, molds, and various spores are easily captured. The air we breathe will finally be free.
The Importance of Ozone
In purifying, the ozone that is released is of great importance. This issue can take place in different ways. An ultraviolet purifier, for example, acts in such a way as to expose the air to the light generated by UV lamps.
Unfortunately, this system produces ozone in minimal quantities. Germicidal UV lamps are used to sanitize, for example, a refrigerator, a microwave oven, a washing machine, etc.
Another system is called “corona discharge.” In practice, the dehumidified oxygen passes through an electric field. This produces a high amount of ozone.
However, we do not recommend this system in a domestic environment, not only because it could have adverse health effects but also because it affects the temperature of the room, causing it to increase. And we have come to our favorite air purification system, which is always with “corona discharge,” but with a reduced coefficient.
Also, in this case, ozone occurs when the air passes through a high-intensity electric field. So, where is the difference? In the air! If, in the first case, the air must be dehumidified, in this case, the ambient air is used. This system has no contraindications, which makes it perfect for home use.