In the vegetable garden, among fruit trees or in floriculture, a valuable tool is the sprayer pump, which allows you to carry out treatments on your plants, spraying substances useful for the defence of crops.
To make the treatment faster and more efficient, instead of the classic manual nebulizer, we can decide to choose battery-powered sprayer pumps.
The advantage is to have a tool that allows you to treat with minimal effort and in a perfectly uniform way, avoiding wasting time pumping with the lever and without the weight and noise that an internal sprayer entails. In this article, we will see how these electric nebulizers work,
Right here we had reviewed the best battery powered sprayers that are listed below.
- No more pumping!
- Rechargeable lithium-ion power. Sprays up to 12 full tanks per charge.
- Premium, commercial grade shut-off with comfortable grip; lock-on feature; and easy-to-clean, in-line filter
- 21-inch poly wand with Viton seals in shut-off for long-term resistance to chemicals
- Pressure release valve allows you to safely remove internal pressure prior to opening the sprayer
- No Pumping: Required 4* AA Alkaline batteries. Once installed, there is no endless pumping before you do the garden watering. The...
- Easy to Carry: The reservoir contains up to 0.68oz/2L water. When the reservoir filled up with the liquid, it is lightweight and...
- Foldable Wand & Adjustable Nozzle: The wand can be folded up when not use. The nozzle provides two spraying methods: Misting or...
- Long Service Time: 4* AA Alkaline batteries can last at least 3 months in our test. We use it for 10-15 minutes every day for...
- Application: The powered sprayer is widely used on many occasions. You can mix different treatments in the bottle to solve the...
- No more pumping! Compressor keeps pressure constant at 20 psi for consistent application - 20% time savings!
- Premium, commercial grade shut-off with comfortable grip; lock-on feature; and easy-to-clean, in-line filter.
- 21-inch poly wand with Viton seals in shut-off for long-term resistance to chemicals.
- Pressure release valve allows you to safely remove internal pressure prior to opening the sprayer.
- Teardrop-shaped tank adds stability Due to the lower center of gravity and includes built-in nozzle storage and protection.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion Battery powered sprayer
- No pumping required and sprays approximately 18-gallons of liquid on a single charge
- Translucent 1.3-Gallon tank allows for easy monitoring of fluid levels
- Adjustable nozzle – sprays from a fine mist to a straight stream
- Convenient, padded shoulder strap for comfort and portability
- Never pump again: Sprays For 6-8 hours on a single battery charge or over 200 gallons of solution so that you can spray all day on...
- PetraTools HD4000 #1 Customer Support: PetraTools wants to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your PetraTools HD4000...
- New PetraTools Heavy Duty wand included: Meet all your spraying needs with the all new PetraTools Heavy Duty plastic wand....
- Wide mouth lid - Large wide mouth lid allows for easy filling with screen filter to keep dirt & debris out of the tank. Includes...
- Translucent tank with gallon markings: The translucent tank with gallon markers allows you to easily see how much solution...
- Never Pump Again: Sprays For 2-2.5 hours on a single battery charge or over 50 gallons of solution so that you can complete your...
- PetraTools HD3000 #1 Customer Support: PetraTools wants to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your PetraTools HD3000...
- PetraTools Multipurpose Wand and Nozzle Included: Meet all your spraying needs with the PetraTools wand that can handle any...
- Translucent Tank with Gallon Markings: The translucent tank with gallon markers allows you to easily see how much solution...
- High-Quality Products at PetraTools: PetraTools aims to always give you the best products, so we designed the HD3000 sprayer with...
- THE 2 GALLON SPRAYER YOU'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR: Are you stuck in the stone age using a manual pump sprayer? No more! The PetraTools...
- HOURS & HOURS OF SPRAYING: The super strong battery included in the sprayer will give you hours of uninterrupted spray time before...
- THE FEATURES YOU WANT IN A SPRAYER: In addition to the powerful battery, this lawn sprayer comes with an adjustable bass nozzle, a...
- GARDEN & WEED SPRAYER: The compact sprayer 2 gallon design makes this the perfect weed killer sprayer to use around the house and...
- American Family-Owned Company & USA Support: PetraTools is a USA-based company located in Carlisle, Pennsylvania. All PetraTools...
- ★High Quality: Economically Powered by only 2phr*AA batteries(battery excluded), Equipped with a 3v mini pump, This battery...
- ★Optional Spray Patterns: Adjustable nozzle provides gently shifting between mist and stream patterns, Small size of droplets...
- ★Multiple Application: With all its features, the sprayer definitely deserves to be called as Multi-Purpose sprayer, and has...
- ★Safety & Guarantee: Durable materials enables it working well for almost all diluted chemicals; A built-in gate valve prevent...
- No pumping required while using with liquids and water soluble solutions
- Up to 4 hours of spray duration on a single charge or 50 gallons of liquid (with 8002 nozzle)
- 18 volt Lithium-Ion 2.1 Ah Battery charges in 3.5 hours (charger included). interchangeable Battery system.
- Pre-set spraying pressure at 40 psi, 0.2 GPM, for typical landscape applications (with 8002 nozzle)
- Powder-coated Steel frame for durability and chemical resistance
- Part of the 20V MAX System; 1 System - Endless Tasks. Power for your Style
- 20V Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery - Sprays up to 50 gallons of liquid per charge
- Viton Seals - Can withstand harsh chemicals preventing wear and potential leaking
- Professional Shut-off with Comfort Grip, Lock & Filter - Can be operated with heavy-duty work gloves
- 21” Non-corrosive Poly Wand
Things to Consider Before Buying Battery Powered Sprayers
How Battery Powered Pumps Work?
The battery-powered sprayer pumps have been on the market for several years, but only in more recent times have they seen a wider diffusion.
The reason is simple: technological improvements allow for better performance, thanks to the use of battery packs that use lithium-ion technology (Li-ion).
The most recent battery-operated pumps use smaller battery packs (comparable to those of a small screwdriver), but they still ensure sufficient autonomy to spray several full of product.
They therefore also lend themselves to professional use, more comfortable than lever pumps and lighter than petrol engines.
In manual pumps, the air is pumped into the tank through a lever connected to a plunger, so as to make the liquid go under pressure and let it flow out of the lance, in the electric pumps instead there is a real pump, which sucks the juice from the bottom of the tank compresses it and pushes it out of the spear.
Generally, the battery pump is backed up. Full tank and batteries are bulky items, you can’t think of carrying them with your arms, and it’s comfortable to carry them like a backpack.
The giant pumps have a trolley that carries an internal combustion engine and liquid. Still, it is an unmanageable solution, suitable only for massive extensions, where you can move with the tractor.
The battery-powered sprayer, on the other hand, allows you to have a handy tool, which, when worn on the shoulder, grants us freedom of movement and strategic autonomy.
Because It Is Better to Use the Battery Powered Sprayer
The advantage of this type of sprayer is that absolutely no effort is required for the operator, the jet pressure is always constant and high (depending on the model even up to 5 bar). The battery guarantees a lot of autonomy and is, however, rechargeable in a short time.
All this translates into a better quality of the work done, in terms of treatment efficacy (more distant areas can be reached, the jet is better micronized/sprayed) and cost reduction in terms of time and effort.
For small orchards and vegetable gardens, it is not advisable to evaluate larger and heavier spray pumps.
How to Choose the Most Suitable Pump?
As always when deciding on the purchase of a battery-powered pump, the first advice is to turn to a reliable brand. A well-made tool means avoiding malfunctions and having a long life.
Quality batteries, reliable pump and robust lance, are necessary elements for this tool to reduce fatigue and workload, instead of increasing it.
Then there are two main factors to consider :
- Type of treatments to be performed.
- Width of the surfaces to be treated.
Type of Treatment and Type of Pump
On the first aspect, it is essential to understand the kind of preparations that will be sprayed, in order to purchase a suitable pump. For example, the sprayer can be equipped with a stirrer inside the tank, so as to keep the components mixed.
There are cases in which this is important. Otherwise, the elements of the preparation would separate making the treatment itself ineffective/useless or, if there are substantial parts in dispersion, with the sedimentation the float could be clogged.
Another example can be related to the maximum pressure produced by the pump: do we really need 5 bar? Or are three more than enough? To answer this question, you need to evaluate the density of the preparations that you will spray, the nebulization that you want to obtain and the range that you may need
Choose According to The Size of The Activity
To maximize the effectiveness of the purchase while keeping costs down, you need to buy a pump proportionate to the work it will have to do.
In particular, the capacity of the tanks can be assessed. Often the different pump models differ not for the spray lance or the power supply batteries, but solely for the size of the container.
It is good to buy the pump with a tank of sufficient capacity to carry out all the treatments that require the application of the same preparation: in this way they reduce the downtime due to refilling the tank.
At the same time we need to evaluate the weight: are we really sure we want to carry 20 and more kg of pump and liquids on our shoulders? Or would we prefer to bring ten and recharge once, taking advantage of it to rest?
Some Tricks for Better Use
Since the liquid for the treatments will pass through the impeller of a pump, it is good to make sure that the preparation is well mixed / finely dispersed,
Perhaps filtering it through a fine-mesh (trick: nylon stockings are beautiful) and carefully clean the pump at the end of use, circulating clean water from the tank to the lance to clean the filter, pump and nozzles.