In the vegetable garden, among fruit trees or in floriculture, a valuable tool is the sprayer pump, which allows you to carry out treatments on your plants, spraying substances useful for the defence of crops.
To make the treatment faster and more efficient, instead of the classic manual nebulizer, we can decide to choose battery-powered sprayer pumps.
The advantage is to have a tool that allows you to treat with minimal effort and in a perfectly uniform way, avoiding wasting time pumping with the lever and without the weight and noise that an internal sprayer entails. In this article, we will see how these electric nebulizers work,
Right here we had reviewed the best battery powered sprayers that are listed below.
- No more pumping!
- Rechargeable lithium-ion power. Sprays up to 12 full tanks per charge.
- Premium, commercial grade shut-off with comfortable grip; lock-on feature; and easy-to-clean, in-line filter
- 21-inch poly wand with Viton seals in shut-off for long-term resistance to chemicals
- Pressure release valve allows you to safely remove internal pressure prior to opening the sprayer
- No more pumping! Compressor keeps pressure constant at 20 psi for consistent application - 20% time savings!
- Premium, commercial grade shut-off with comfortable grip; lock-on feature; and easy-to-clean, in-line filter.
- 21-inch poly wand with Viton seals in shut-off for long-term resistance to chemicals.
- Pressure release valve allows you to safely remove internal pressure prior to opening the sprayer.
- Teardrop-shaped tank adds stability Due to the lower center of gravity and includes built-in nozzle storage and protection.
- Rechargeable lithium-ion Battery powered sprayer
- No pumping required and sprays approximately 18-gallons of liquid on a single charge
- Translucent 1.3-Gallon tank allows for easy monitoring of fluid levels
- Adjustable nozzle – sprays from a fine mist to a straight stream
- Convenient, padded shoulder strap for comfort and portability
- 🌱【No Manual Pumping Required】 For the perfect union of convenience and versatility, nothing beats KIMO battery-powered Garden Sprayer. This one features a 70PSI pump for NO MORE HAND PUMP efficiency that runs off KIMO 2.0Ah battery, which support spraying 6 hours on a single charge. You don’t worry about the unevenly spraying coverage that makes you cost more strength. Set aside your traditional manual sprayer, get a new KIMO ZERO PUMP Electric Sprayer to help you save your labor and time.
- 🌱【A Real Lifesaver for Those with Physical Injury】Equipped with an ergonomic backpack and detachable strap pads, this portable sprayer is practical and easy to carry. The lockable switch that users can hold the handgrip in the depressed position when the switch locked eliminates your hands fatigue. From assembling to filling to changing spray wands, KIMO sprayer for lawn is so easy to use. Both for professionals and for aging home users with their own grounds or garden to look after.
- 🌱【A Beast for All Spraying Needs】Comed with a Metal Wand extended up to 43 inch and 20 Inch Plastic Wand, the lawn sprayer allows the stream to easily reach the top of two story house from ground level. You will like how far the wand extends which also comes in handy if you're spraying chemicals, keeping the mist spray as far away from you. Multiple nozzles included makes it ideal for misting, fertilizing, and applying micro-nutrient liquids to control nurseries, flowers, gardens, orchards.
- 🌱【3 Gallon Translucent Tank with Gallon Markings】This KIMO Weed Sprayer features a 3 Gallon large capacity water tank and a 4-inch wide mouth opening for easier pouring and mixing solution. Other than that, the translucent tank with gallon markers allows you to easily see how much solution you’re mixing in and how much is left in the tank.
- 🌱【Spray in Safety】The yard sprayer is made of high-quality PE material and equipped with Leak-proof design, which is safer to use chemicals will not drip down your back.What's more, Each battery powered Sprayer comes with 1X 20V 2.0Ah KIMO Power Battery, 1X 60min Fast Charger, 1X 23-Inch Plastic Wand, 1X 43-Inch Extension Metal Wand, 1X 3 Gallon Water Tank, 3X Sprayer Nozzles, Choose KIMO sprayer and let us prepare any accessories you need.
- Never Pump Again: Sprays For 2-2.5 hours on a single battery charge or over 50 gallons of solution so that you can complete your whole job on a single charge without worrying about pumping. 40-65PSI pump with adjustable pressure knob. The 3.3 AH lead-acid battery provides 3X the battery life of most other lithium battery sprayers. If needed, the battery can be changed quickly. Includes a fully-automatic AC charger that completely charges the battery in 6 hours. (Battery and charger included!)
- PetraTools HD3000 1 Year Warranty. PetraTools wants to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your PetraTools HD3000 Sprayer and will help any way they can. Other sprayers provide extremely limited support on Amazon but not PetraTools. Quality control testing and final assembly on each sprayer completed at PetraTools testing centers right here in the USA!
- PetraTools Multipurpose Wand and Nozzle Included: Meet all your spraying needs with the PetraTools wand that can handle acids/bleaches as needed. Includes plastic squeeze handle with locking mechanism and multiple nozzle attachments for all your spraying needs
- Translucent Tank with Gallon Markings: The translucent tank with gallon markers allows you to easily see how much solution you’re mixing in and how much is left in the tank. Variable PSI pressure adjuster allows you to control your PSI output for the perfect spray. The wide mouth lid design makes pouring and mixing solution convenient.
- NEVER PUMP AGAIN: Sprays For 6-8 hours on a single battery charge, or over 200 gallons, so that you can spray all day on a single charge without worrying about pumping. A variable pressure switch allows for precise flow control from 20-60psi. The 8AH lead acid battery provides 4X the battery life of other lithium battery sprayers. If needed, the battery can be changed quickly. The included charger completely charges battery in 8 hours. (BATTERY AND CHARGER INCLUDED!)
- BOTH STAINLESS STEEL WAND & ACID BLEACH WAND INCLUDED: Meet all your spraying needs with a stainless steel adjustable wand and a plastic acid bleach wand. Includes plastic squeeze handle with locking mechanism. Large wide mouth lid allows for easy filling with screen filter to keep dirt & debris out of tank. Offers the largest number of nozzles, including cone, fan tip, fog, and variable in brass and plastic
- 2020 UPGRADES: Triple thick XXL shoulder pads, organizer pockets for wands and accessories, quick change battery compartment, never leak lid, quick release strain relief hose
- BACKPACK SPRAYER: Our backpack sprayer can be used for almost any job. The perfect lawn and garden solution. Any job that requires spraying can be made easier with this backpack
- MULTI USE: This backpack sprayer can be used for much more than yard maintanence. Use this sprayer for carpet cleaning, painting or landscape art, foot and shoe cleaner, as a portable shower, bicycle and equipment cleaning, and much more
- UNIQUE APPEARANCE: This electric sprayer has a unique and utilitarian appearance with smooth contours that mirror the shape of your back making it more comfortable to carry around
- DURABLE AND ACCURATE DESIGN: The thick body of this electric sprayer is made of a highly durable, new plastic that will not fracture when dropped and is built to last; Includes a viewing window to check the water level
- HIGH EFFICIENCY: This electric sprayer can be used continuously for 8 hours when fully charged; Equipped with a 12V/10Ah batter, this sprayer eliminates the need to pump and pray and has an efficiency that is 3 to 4 times greater than pump-action sprayers
- EFFECTIVE FILTRATION MESH: Built-in filtration mesh isolates large unwanted particles of power and protects internal components of this pump sprayer from any damage
- Warranty: We provide 18-month warranty for this pump pressure sprayer; We promise to fix any problem and answer to your questions as quick as we can. We have unmatched customer record, we are always available to assist our customers
- Never pump again: Sprays For 6-8 hours on a single battery charge or over 200 gallons of solution so that you can spray all day on a single charge without worrying about pumping. 70 PSI pump with adjustable pressure knob. The 8AH lead-acid battery provides 4X the battery life of most other 2.0 lithium battery sprayers. If needed, the battery can be changed quickly. Includes a fully-automatic AC charger that completely charges the battery in 8 hours. (BATTERY AND CHARGER INCLUDED!)
- (BONUS) Custom Built Cart Included: This sprayer includes an easy-to-pull cart with extendable handle so that you can more easily move your sprayer around. 4-gallons of liquid can get heavy, so having this cart will save you a lot of time and energy.
- Efficient, wider coverage. It comes with a set of nozzles for every need. Its capacity to cover a wide area on every spray makes it perfect for gardening, fertilizing, and disinfecting.
- Wide mouth lid and translucent tank. This all-in-one ergonomic sprayer comes with its signature wide mouth lid for easy liquid transfer. Its translucent tank makes it easy for you to monitor how much solution you have and when you need to refill.
- PetraTools GUARANTEE: PetraTools wants to make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your PetraTools HD4100-PRO Sprayer and will help any way they can. Other sprayers provide EXTREMELY limited support on Amazon but not PetraTools. Quality control testing and final assembly on each sprayer completed at PetraTools testing centers in the USA!
- Battery Powered Backpack Sprayer in Lawn, Garden , High Area Care with 4 Spraying Modes Nozzles with 1.9m wand for easy to reaching the high area
- High Efficiency: Powered by 12v/ 10Ah battery,package includes the battery & charger ,this backpack sprayer is significantly labor-saving and attains an efficiency 3 to 4 times more than manual one. It can be operated continuously for up to 9 hours and spray 400-480 kg liquid after one full charging which consumes only 0.3 kwh of electricity
- 4 Gallon Sprayer: with 15L large capacity comes with a built-in air chamber to result in compact size,safety and being leak free, with gallon markers allows you to know the solution you’re mixing in and how much is left in the tank
- Wide Mouth Lid: Large wide mouth lid allows for easy filling with screen filter to keep dirt & debris out of the tank. Includes 4 different nozzles attachments with 1.9m long hose wand which meet all your spraying needs, such for lawn and garden care, or high roof spraying plants
- Super Hydrostatic: Using high-pressure water pump with good stability,able to reach a water pressure of 0.45Mpa,allows you to spray at high pressure for nine hours at full charge,bring extreme atomization enjoyment,and plastic squeeze handle with locking mechanism
- Impressive spraying performance with a 12V Electric Pump
- No maintenance 12V Lead-gel Battery, 7.2 Ah
- 4.75 US Gallon HDPE, translucent, UV resistant Formula Tank
- Adjust pressure with two-step Toggle Switch: 36 psi and 62 psi
- Padded Shoulder Straps
Things to Consider Before Buying Battery Powered Sprayers
How Battery Powered Pumps Work?
The battery-powered sprayer pumps have been on the market for several years, but only in more recent times have they seen a wider diffusion.
The reason is simple: technological improvements allow for better performance, thanks to the use of battery packs that use lithium-ion technology (Li-ion).
The most recent battery-operated pumps use smaller battery packs (comparable to those of a small screwdriver), but they still ensure sufficient autonomy to spray several full of product.
They therefore also lend themselves to professional use, more comfortable than lever pumps and lighter than petrol engines.
In manual pumps, the air is pumped into the tank through a lever connected to a plunger, so as to make the liquid go under pressure and let it flow out of the lance, in the electric pumps instead there is a real pump, which sucks the juice from the bottom of the tank compresses it and pushes it out of the spear.
Generally, the battery pump is backed up. Full tank and batteries are bulky items, you can’t think of carrying them with your arms, and it’s comfortable to carry them like a backpack.
The giant pumps have a trolley that carries an internal combustion engine and liquid. Still, it is an unmanageable solution, suitable only for massive extensions, where you can move with the tractor.
The battery-powered sprayer, on the other hand, allows you to have a handy tool, which, when worn on the shoulder, grants us freedom of movement and strategic autonomy.
Because It Is Better to Use the Battery Powered Sprayer
The advantage of this type of sprayer is that absolutely no effort is required for the operator, the jet pressure is always constant and high (depending on the model even up to 5 bar). The battery guarantees a lot of autonomy and is, however, rechargeable in a short time.
All this translates into a better quality of the work done, in terms of treatment efficacy (more distant areas can be reached, the jet is better micronized/sprayed) and cost reduction in terms of time and effort.
For small orchards and vegetable gardens, it is not advisable to evaluate larger and heavier spray pumps.
How to Choose the Most Suitable Pump?
As always when deciding on the purchase of a battery-powered pump, the first advice is to turn to a reliable brand. A well-made tool means avoiding malfunctions and having a long life.
Quality batteries, reliable pump and robust lance, are necessary elements for this tool to reduce fatigue and workload, instead of increasing it.
Then there are two main factors to consider :
- Type of treatments to be performed.
- Width of the surfaces to be treated.
Type of Treatment and Type of Pump
On the first aspect, it is essential to understand the kind of preparations that will be sprayed, in order to purchase a suitable pump. For example, the sprayer can be equipped with a stirrer inside the tank, so as to keep the components mixed.
There are cases in which this is important. Otherwise, the elements of the preparation would separate making the treatment itself ineffective/useless or, if there are substantial parts in dispersion, with the sedimentation the float could be clogged.
Another example can be related to the maximum pressure produced by the pump: do we really need 5 bar? Or are three more than enough? To answer this question, you need to evaluate the density of the preparations that you will spray, the nebulization that you want to obtain and the range that you may need
Choose According to The Size of The Activity
To maximize the effectiveness of the purchase while keeping costs down, you need to buy a pump proportionate to the work it will have to do.
In particular, the capacity of the tanks can be assessed. Often the different pump models differ not for the spray lance or the power supply batteries, but solely for the size of the container.
It is good to buy the pump with a tank of sufficient capacity to carry out all the treatments that require the application of the same preparation: in this way they reduce the downtime due to refilling the tank.
At the same time we need to evaluate the weight: are we really sure we want to carry 20 and more kg of pump and liquids on our shoulders? Or would we prefer to bring ten and recharge once, taking advantage of it to rest?
Some Tricks for Better Use
Since the liquid for the treatments will pass through the impeller of a pump, it is good to make sure that the preparation is well mixed / finely dispersed,
Perhaps filtering it through a fine-mesh (trick: nylon stockings are beautiful) and carefully clean the pump at the end of use, circulating clean water from the tank to the lance to clean the filter, pump and nozzles.