The beach chair is one of those objects that remind us of the beach, the pool, and the good times to spend in the company of friends and family.
It is the ideal product for sunbathing, resting or checking children while they play in the water. But who said that they could not also be used in the garden or on the terrace of your own home?
Obviously, the models available for systems of a particular type are not the same ones that are sold for home use. And also, the characteristics can also change between one model and another. Probably if you are reading this guide, it is because you want to buy a beach chair that best meets all your needs.
Here we had selected some of the best beach chairs that are present below.
- CUSTOMIZABLE BEACH CHAIR: Easily adjusts to 5 seating positions, including a lay flat option, providing you with customized seating and relaxation
- UNIQUE AND FUNCTIONAL: Features a towel bar on the back of the beach chair and an insulated cup holder so you can enjoy an entire day of relaxation
- DURABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT: Beach chair frame is constructed of durable rust-proof aluminum, making it lightweight and easy to carry. Weighs only 7.5 lbs.
- PINCH-FREE SEAT ADJUSTMENTS: 5-position easy-adjust recline options. Adjust without the worry of getting your fingers or hands caught in the brackets
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Includes a mesh pocuh located on the side of the chair to store your keys, phone, and wallet. Pop open a cold one with the attached bottle opener
- This highly specialized 4 position aluminum beach chair sits 17 inches off the ground for easy in & out access. 3 adjustable position canopy; provides UPF 50+ sun protection. This chair is favored by our senior customers and tall person as it allows for a greater than 90 degree bend angle on the knee when sitting.
- It is currently the highest beach chair with canopy on the market for beach use. Only 8 Lbs Lightweight aluminum frame with classic wooden armrests. Polyester fabric that is water and stain resistant.
- Great for beach, pool, backyard or parks. Comes with a convenient carrying strap, ganging pouch cup holder and mobile phone holder and zippered 3 pocket pouch. The black foam head rest on canopy bar provides for extra peaceful relaxation.
- 17 inches off the Ground, Weighs 8 Lbs, 4 Reclining positions, Weight Limit of 250 lbs. Canopy Dimensions (inches): 22D x 18W ; Folded Dimensions (inches): 27W x 39.5L x 7.5H; Wide seating area of 21.5W x 15.5 Deep ; Overall Height of 41" ; Seat Back Height of 23.8"
- Drink holder ; Zipper Cell Pouch (plus storage pouch) of 9W x 8.5 inches with clear view sleeve to control your smart phone from outside of pouch, headphone opening, flap to conceal your cell phone.
- 12" SEAT HEIGHT from ground and NON-PADDED SEATBACK/SEAT; Rust resistant Anodized Aluminum Frame holds upto 275 lbs
- Rugged 420 Denier Polyester Fabric and Swing Out Drink Holder ; Unique 3 position leg rest for easy custom setting; Removeable Head Rest (11.7W x 5.5H x 2.5D inches) ; Zipper Side Pocket with separate compartment for cell phone
- Lightweight of 11 lbs and Extra Wide (22 inches between arms) ; Large Storage Pouch on rear of back-rest (Dim - inches : 15H x 13W x 4D); 32" Seat Back; Drink Holder Width of 3"
- Separate IPX8 Rated WaterProof Cell Pouch (Inner 3.7Wx7H inches) with leash. (Fits iPhone 11/11 Pro Max/Xs Max/XR/X/8/8P and Galaxy up to 6.8"). The waterproof cellphone case with SENSITIVE SCREEN-TOUCH offers protection up to 49 feet. Dual swivel lock and sealable closure clip design give you wonderful experience when you are doing extreme sports like diving, swimming, surfing.
- Folded Dimensions (inches): 35L x 29W x 5H) ; Seat Dimensions (inches): 19W x 16 Deep ; Carry by adjustable shoulder strap or by carry handle on armrest.
- SUPER COMFORT & QUALITY MATERIALS - Beach Chair for Big and Tall ; Rugged / Double Layered 600 Denier Polyester fabric, triple coated for quick dry; Anodized Aluminum frame for extended durability and rust resistance.
- WEIGHS 16 lbs & STURDY - Beach chair reclines in 4 positions; Anodized Aluminum with reinforced steel inside for extended durability and rust resistance
- OVERSIZED Seat Dimensions (inches): 23W x 22 deep and 16 inches from ground; overall height of 42 inches ; BEWARE: CHAIR WEIGHS 16 LBS.
- BUILT TO LAST - Large Folded Dimensions (inches) 37L x 32W x 8.3H; Wide 4 inches Solid hardwood arms with weather and scratch resistant coating
- HOLDS upto 500 lbs. Swing out drink holder and large rear-access carry pouch with velcor on back and additional Zippered storage pouch on the armrest and under seat
- Canopy Beach Chair has 4 reclining positions; 3 adjustable position canopy; provides UPF 50+ sun protection
- Rugged 600 Denier Polyester fabric (Quick Dry) ; Rust Resistant Aluminum Tubing ; Seat Back of 27 inches and Total Height of 50 inches from ground; wide wooden armrest.
- Weighs 7.5 lbs and 250 lbs weight capacity; Canopy Dimensions (inches): 21.5D x 17.5W
- Folded Dimensions (inches): 29W x 35L x 8H; Wide seating area of 20W x 15.5 Deep and 13.5 inches from ground
- Zipper Cell Pouch (plus storage pouch) with clear view sleeve to control your smart phone from outside of pouch, headphone opening, flap to conceal your cell phone.
- LIGHTWEIGHT, DURABLE, EASY TO STORE: Weighs 6.3 lbs. Folding beach chair made using Rugged 600 Denier Polyester fabric, triple coated for quick dry; Anodized Aluminum frame for extended durability and rust resistance. Folded Dimensions (inches) 31.5L x 29W x 3.5H
- STYLE & COMFORT: 5 reclining positions including LAY-FLAT & LOW SEAT Height of 8 inches from ground; Adjustable Shoulder Strap to carry included
- EASY SET-UP: Open Dimensions (inches) 20W x 15 Deep and 25 Seat back; overall height of 32 inches ; Weight Capacity of 250 lbs.
- 20 inches between durable wood armrests (4.2" width) with a marine-grade coating to resist sun and salt.
- UNIQUE AND FUNCTIONAL: Cushioned headrest ; drink holder ; Integrated towel rack on back of chair ; Zipper Cell Pouch (plus storage pouch) with clear view sleeve to control your smart phone from outside of pouch, headphone opening, flap to conceal your cell phone.
- Package includes: 1 x Beach Chair
- Specifications: Material: Aluminum & 600D Polyester Fabric | Color: Blue | Dimensions: (140 x 55)" / (355 x 140)cm (L x W) | Weight: 148.15oz / 4200g | Folded Dimensions: (26 x 23 x 2.7)" / (66 x 58 x 7)cm (L x W x H) | Overall Open Dimensions: (30 x 23 x 25)" / (76 x 58 x 64)cm (L x W x H) | Weigh Capacity: 3520oz / 99790g | Removable/Adjustable Padded Headrest: Cup Holder
- Features: Made of sturdy material, this beach chair is steady and comfortable | Very portable and convenient solution when you are on the go | It is very simple to open and fold away | Best gift choice for outdoor sports enthusiasts | It provides an excellent form of relaxation when you plan to hunt, fish, or just enjoy the day on the beach, camping
- Lightweight, rustproof aluminium frame
- Durable 600-denier polyester fabric / Weight capacity 300 lb
- Adjusts to 5 reclining positions including lay flat
- Adjustable pillow and padded shoulder straps / Rubber carry handle
- Insulated beverage or storage pouch / Cell phone holder and cup folder / Folding towel bar
Everything You Need to Know About Beach Chairs
These deck chair models that we have just analyzed are exciting. They have features that can probably meet your needs. It may be that one of these becomes your final choice.
However, before making your decision, we recommend that you consider a few additional aspects. In this section, we will show you the features you need to pay attention to.
What Is a Beach Chair?
As the name suggests, a beach chair is a kind of chair similar to a single bed. It is usually equipped with a backrest and two armrests adjustable in height and inclination. You can position it horizontally so that you can lie down entirely. It can be used directly like this or with a mattress.
How Many Types of Lounge Chairs Are There?
Knowing the different types of beach chairs that you can find on the market will be very useful. It will be essential to discover certain aspects that may be important to you.
As well as to evaluate alternatives that you had not considered before. Do not forget that there are models that have more than one of these characteristics.
- Folding Beach Chair. It is a foldable and easily transportable model. On the market, you will meet many models that present this option.
- Deck Chair on Wheels. Equipped with wheels in the back so you can move it.
- Inflatable Beach Chair. When deflated, it takes up very little space, and you can inflate it when you need it. It is usually combined with a bag to facilitate transport.
- Classic Deck Chair. It looks similar to a chair. Although most of the models are lower. In addition, it is quite comfortable and allows you to lie down slightly.
- Deckchair for Relaxing. It is a type of model that you can set in a totally horizontal position to lie down. These are longer chairs, in most cases with adjustable backrests.
- Fixed Beach Chair. These models cannot change the configuration. It is not possible to recline any of their parts or fold them.
- Stackable Deck Chairs. Models that can be stacked on top of each other in order to facilitate their storage. In addition to homes, these lounge chairs are found in hotels and other public places.
- Deck Chairs with Parasol. Equipped with an adjustable parasol to protect the head from sunlight. They are recommended to avoid sunburn, but also to read lying down without being annoyed by the sun.
- Deck Chair for Two. It is a larger model that allows two people to sit or lie down simultaneously with comfort.
- Rocking Deck Chair. It features a swinging design similar to that of classic rocking chairs so that you can enjoy the experience even more.
- Deck Chair with Cushion. Present a cushion in the headrest. It can be removable or not.
- Deck Chair with Pockets. It is equipped with one or more pockets. It is useful for storing various objects.
- Deck Chair with Mattress. Includes a mattress to be fixed to the chair frame.
- Deck Chair with Padded Fabric. In this model, the padded fabric is an integral part of the structure of the beach chair.
Is a Chair, a Hammock or A Beach Chair Better?
When choosing a place to sit on the terrace, by the pool or in the garden you will have several options to choose from. The most popular are the outdoor chair, the hammock and the beach chair.
Outdoor chairs are practical if you intend to use them for eating if you don’t want to carry a lot of weight or bulky objects. Hammocks can be a good option for your garden or swimming pool, but not for being brought to the beach.
The deck chairs, on the other hand, can be used both in the garden and in the pool, as well as on the beach. The presence of a reclining seat is an advantage for being more comfortable.
In addition, as with chairs, you can move them from one point to another. If you intend to use the deck chair on the beach, we recommend choosing a model with a handle or a chair directly.
How Should a Deck Chair Be Used on The Beach?
Although we have already analyzed some details, we want to focus on the characteristics that a beach deck chair must-have. For example, you will need to make sure that the model of your choice is foldable and equipped with a handle for easy transport.
This will be very useful for reaching the sand, in case you go to the beach by car. Having a pocket to store sunscreen is always an advantage.
Make sure that the beach chair does not weigh too much, and at the same time that it is not too light to be carried by the wind. The models equipped with a sunshade help protect your face from sunlight and allow you to read more comfortably.
Some beach lounge chairs are equipped with cup holders to store your drink. We advise you to focus on resistant materials, such as canvas and nylon.
What Are the Options for Those Who Want to Buy an Inexpensive Beach Chair?
On the market, you will find several options to buy a beach chair at an affordable price. It is essential that you make sure that the product always has a certain quality.
This also applies in case he bought it to spend a couple of days in the hotel, and it is always better that it does not break on the first use. If you want to find exciting and well-priced options, keep these three tips in mind.
Deck chairs with a simple structure with aluminium tubes are usually the cheapest. Look for a folding beach model, and they typically have a lower price.
Aluminium deck chairs are not the only ones that are cheap, and even plastic ones are cheap. The wooden ones have a higher price.
Make sure the design is as simple as possible. The models equipped with the mattress or with padded fabrics are more expensive. As well as those with a more refined layout.
What Is the Most Used Material for Making Designer Deck Chairs?
If you own a courtyard, a garden or a swimming pool, you will be able to place some designer deck chairs. These are unique pieces, and in this case, you will not have to pay too much attention to the price, but rather to a distinctive style. In this way, you can make the spaces where you place them exclusively.
These are the most modern materials to keep up with the times in the field of outdoor furniture.
- Natural Rattan. It is a material capable of giving any space a fresh, refined and modern appearance. We recommend combining it with white fabrics.
- Synthetic Rattan. Imitation of natural material with a very similar result. You will get a modern and minimalist style at a lower price. Also, in this case, the combination of white fabrics is ideal.
- Stainless Steel. This material allows you to give your spaces a technical aspect, rich in style and creativity. Combine it with fabrics similar in colour to steel.
- Teak. This type of wood is perfect for mixing classic style with a touch of modernity. You can combine it with light or neutral coloured fabrics, but also with other more daring and cheerful ones.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Beach Chairs?
At this point in our buying guide, you will already know many of the main features of the deck chairs. However, you still have to discover some purchase criteria that may be fundamental. Before doing this, however, we want to illustrate the main advantages and disadvantages of deck chairs.
- They are comfortable
- Economic models exist
- They allow you to enjoy even more outdoor spaces
- Some are difficult to transport
- Sometimes the quality is deficient
We are approaching the end of this buying guide. You have got to know many important aspects, but others remain to be discovered. To allow you to do this, we have prepared this section dedicated to the purchase criteria.
Pay attention to what you will read in the next lines. This is essential information for making the best possible purchase.
- Fixed or foldable
Stackable lounge chairs are perfect for the garden or swimming pool, as they allow you to optimize spaces. This also applies to public places such as beaches, swimming pools and hotels.
Wheeled models can be moved easily, making them ideal for swimming pools and gardens. The lounge chairs with armrests are ideal for those who sit for a long time.
Fixed or Foldable
Fixed lounge chairs are difficult to transport due to their size, as their volume cannot be reduced in any way. We advise you to buy them if you are not going to the portal with you.
Folding lounge chairs, on the other hand, are less stable, but much more practical. The reason is simple: you can take them with you anywhere without too much effort. They also take up less space.
If you intend to keep your deck chair in the same place, any model will be excellent. However, as you could read in the previous paragraph, we do not recommend folding models.
The latter is perfect for moving, but not for keeping them in a fixed place. The lounge chairs on casters are ideal for being positioned by the pool and for being easily moved.
Most lounge chairs have a plastic or aluminium structure, but there are exceptions. The metallic ones are lighter and more durable, but both materials are perfect for most cases.
To be more comfortable, we recommend a deck chair with a canvas or padded resting surface. Plastic and metal models are inexpensive but also more uncomfortable.
The design of the lounge chairs is essential, but in some cases, it becomes even more so. For example, if you intend to place the chair in your garden, in the courtyard or near your swimming pool, you need a good-looking model.
To go to the beach or to the public swimming pool, opt for a comfortable and functional model, easily transportable if you like it aesthetically, even better.