The beach chair is one of those objects that remind us of the beach, the pool, and the good times to spend in the company of friends and family.
It is the ideal product for sunbathing, resting or checking children while they play in the water. But who said that they could not also be used in the garden or on the terrace of your own home?
Obviously, the models available for systems of a particular type are not the same ones that are sold for home use. And also, the characteristics can also change between one model and another. Probably if you are reading this guide, it is because you want to buy a beach chair that best meets all your needs.
Here we had selected some of the best beach chairs that are present below.
- Adjusts To 5 Positions and Lays Flat
- Side Pouch with Drink Holder And Cell Phone Pocket
- Padded Backpack Straps , Folding Towel Bar
- Weight Capacity: 300 lbs
- One Chair
- Customizable beach chair: easily adjusts to 5 seating positions, including a lay flat option, providing you with customized seating and relaxation
- Unique and functional: features a towel bar on the back of the beach chair and an insulated cup holder so you can enjoy an entire day of relaxation
- Durable and lightweight: beach chair frame is constructed of durable rust-proof aluminium, making it lightweight and easy to carry. Weighs only 7 lbs.
- Pinch-free seat adjustments: 5-position easy-adjust Recline options. Adjust without the worry of getting your fingers or hands caught in the brackets
- Convenient storage: Includes a mesh pock located on the side of the chair to store your keys, phone, and wallet. Pop open a cold one with the attached bottle opener
- LIGHTWEIGHT: 5.3 lb.
- HOURS OF COMFORT: Relaxed back rest with full seat support
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Seatback pocket and cup holder
- DIMENSIONS: 21 in. wide; 10 in. high
- BUILT TO LAST: Steel frame supports up to 250 lb.
- The perfect low profile, lightweight chair for camping, the beach, outdoor concerts, sporting events and much more
- COMFORTABLE: With breathable mesh fabric and cushioned armrests
- COMPACT: Just 21" high and 20" wide, meeting requirements for most outdoor music festivals. Sits 9" off the ground allowing you to easily snuggle up by the campfire. Folds up fast and stows easily at 26" x 8"
- CONVENIENT: Handy storage bag with shoulder straps included
- CAPABLE: Strong steel and aluminum frame holds up to 250 lbs
- The RIO Beach chair features an extended seat height and sits 17 inches off the ground
- Easily recline to 4 different positions with the SAFE-ADJUST technology built into the molded armrests
- The SAFE-ADJUST brackets provide a guarded recline without the worries of getting fingers or hands pinched.Durable polyester fabric
- The extra-wide molded armrests provide elbow and forearm comfort and feature a build-in cup holder, cell phone slot and bottle opener
- Store your personal belongings inside the insulated storage pouch with mesh pocket conveniently located on the armrest
- 2 in 1 unique DESIGN - beach day Lounger doubles as a pull cart Wagon with comfortable grip and adjustable telescoping handle for easy transport. Folds flat for convenient storage in your vehicle, garage or closet.
- Large capacity mesh basket sets up in seconds! This cart will transport your cooler, sporting goods, towels, and any other items for a day of fun in the sun! Cart Dimensions 18. 9" X 18. 9" X 18. 9" and weight capacity : 100 lbs.
- Wide tread wheels for easy transport - the rugged wheels easily roll over grass, Pavement or sand so you can cart your load from the car to the beach effortlessly.
- Comfortable lounge Chair - rest comfortably with the built in pillow head rest and 4-position adjustable back. Lounger Weight capacity is 225 lbs. Lounger open dimensions: 60. 63" X 30. 3" X 23. 62".
- Durable and versatile - constructed with an aluminum powder coated frame, and covered in an easy to clean 600 denier fabric. This Lounger combo cart is perfect for trips to the beach, park or campsite. Folded dimensions approx. 35" X 30. 3" X 9. 8".
- Beach Lounger 2 Pack comes with two loungers and is a great alternative to your traditional beach or camping chair, compact and lightweight design make it easy for transporting and setting up
- Fully padded deluxe lounger with adjustable back rest, when set up the lounger measures 74.8 inches long and 21 inches wide
- Large zipper pocket for personal items and Integrated backpack straps make it easy to carry
- Lightweight, folding design with steel frame for durability, it packs down to 27.5 in tall and 21 in wide and weighs just over 6 pounds
- Pacific Breeze's customer friendly 1-year limited warranty. Call or email any time for support
- Lightweight, rustproof aluminium frame, Durable 600-denier polyester fabric
- Insulated beverage or storage pouch / Cell phone holder and cup folder / Folding towel bar
- Weight capacity 300 lb
- 5 Chair position including laying flat
Everything You Need to Know About Beach Chairs
These deck chair models that we have just analyzed are exciting. They have features that can probably meet your needs. It may be that one of these becomes your final choice.
However, before making your decision, we recommend that you consider a few additional aspects. In this section, we will show you the features you need to pay attention to.
What Is a Beach Chair?
As the name suggests, a beach chair is a kind of chair similar to a single bed. It is usually equipped with a backrest and two armrests adjustable in height and inclination. You can position it horizontally so that you can lie down entirely. It can be used directly like this or with a mattress.
How Many Types of Lounge Chairs Are There?
Knowing the different types of beach chairs that you can find on the market will be very useful. It will be essential to discover certain aspects that may be important to you.
As well as to evaluate alternatives that you had not considered before. Do not forget that there are models that have more than one of these characteristics.
- Folding Beach Chair. It is a foldable and easily transportable model. On the market, you will meet many models that present this option.
- Deck Chair on Wheels. Equipped with wheels in the back so you can move it.
- Inflatable Beach Chair. When deflated, it takes up very little space, and you can inflate it when you need it. It is usually combined with a bag to facilitate transport.
- Classic Deck Chair. It looks similar to a chair. Although most of the models are lower. In addition, it is quite comfortable and allows you to lie down slightly.
- Deckchair for Relaxing. It is a type of model that you can set in a totally horizontal position to lie down. These are longer chairs, in most cases with adjustable backrests.
- Fixed Beach Chair. These models cannot change the configuration. It is not possible to recline any of their parts or fold them.
- Stackable Deck Chairs. Models that can be stacked on top of each other in order to facilitate their storage. In addition to homes, these lounge chairs are found in hotels and other public places.
- Deck Chairs with Parasol. Equipped with an adjustable parasol to protect the head from sunlight. They are recommended to avoid sunburn, but also to read lying down without being annoyed by the sun.
- Deck Chair for Two. It is a larger model that allows two people to sit or lie down simultaneously with comfort.
- Rocking Deck Chair. It features a swinging design similar to that of classic rocking chairs so that you can enjoy the experience even more.
- Deck Chair with Cushion. Present a cushion in the headrest. It can be removable or not.
- Deck Chair with Pockets. It is equipped with one or more pockets. It is useful for storing various objects.
- Deck Chair with Mattress. Includes a mattress to be fixed to the chair frame.
- Deck Chair with Padded Fabric. In this model, the padded fabric is an integral part of the structure of the beach chair.
Is a Chair, a Hammock or A Beach Chair Better?
When choosing a place to sit on the terrace, by the pool or in the garden you will have several options to choose from. The most popular are the outdoor chair, the hammock and the beach chair.
Outdoor chairs are practical if you intend to use them for eating if you don’t want to carry a lot of weight or bulky objects. Hammocks can be a good option for your garden or swimming pool, but not for being brought to the beach.
The deck chairs, on the other hand, can be used both in the garden and in the pool, as well as on the beach. The presence of a reclining seat is an advantage for being more comfortable.
In addition, as with chairs, you can move them from one point to another. If you intend to use the deck chair on the beach, we recommend choosing a model with a handle or a chair directly.
How Should a Deck Chair Be Used on The Beach?
Although we have already analyzed some details, we want to focus on the characteristics that a beach deck chair must-have. For example, you will need to make sure that the model of your choice is foldable and equipped with a handle for easy transport.
This will be very useful for reaching the sand, in case you go to the beach by car. Having a pocket to store sunscreen is always an advantage.
Make sure that the beach chair does not weigh too much, and at the same time that it is not too light to be carried by the wind. The models equipped with a sunshade help protect your face from sunlight and allow you to read more comfortably.
Some beach lounge chairs are equipped with cup holders to store your drink. We advise you to focus on resistant materials, such as canvas and nylon.
What Are the Options for Those Who Want to Buy an Inexpensive Beach Chair?
On the market, you will find several options to buy a beach chair at an affordable price. It is essential that you make sure that the product always has a certain quality.
This also applies in case he bought it to spend a couple of days in the hotel, and it is always better that it does not break on the first use. If you want to find exciting and well-priced options, keep these three tips in mind.
Deck chairs with a simple structure with aluminium tubes are usually the cheapest. Look for a folding beach model, and they typically have a lower price.
Aluminium deck chairs are not the only ones that are cheap, and even plastic ones are cheap. The wooden ones have a higher price.
Make sure the design is as simple as possible. The models equipped with the mattress or with padded fabrics are more expensive. As well as those with a more refined layout.
What Is the Most Used Material for Making Designer Deck Chairs?
If you own a courtyard, a garden or a swimming pool, you will be able to place some designer deck chairs. These are unique pieces, and in this case, you will not have to pay too much attention to the price, but rather to a distinctive style. In this way, you can make the spaces where you place them exclusively.
These are the most modern materials to keep up with the times in the field of outdoor furniture.
- Natural Rattan. It is a material capable of giving any space a fresh, refined and modern appearance. We recommend combining it with white fabrics.
- Synthetic Rattan. Imitation of natural material with a very similar result. You will get a modern and minimalist style at a lower price. Also, in this case, the combination of white fabrics is ideal.
- Stainless Steel. This material allows you to give your spaces a technical aspect, rich in style and creativity. Combine it with fabrics similar in colour to steel.
- Teak. This type of wood is perfect for mixing classic style with a touch of modernity. You can combine it with light or neutral coloured fabrics, but also with other more daring and cheerful ones.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Beach Chairs?
At this point in our buying guide, you will already know many of the main features of the deck chairs. However, you still have to discover some purchase criteria that may be fundamental. Before doing this, however, we want to illustrate the main advantages and disadvantages of deck chairs.
- They are comfortable
- Economic models exist
- They allow you to enjoy even more outdoor spaces
- Some are difficult to transport
- Sometimes the quality is deficient
We are approaching the end of this buying guide. You have got to know many important aspects, but others remain to be discovered. To allow you to do this, we have prepared this section dedicated to the purchase criteria.
Pay attention to what you will read in the next lines. This is essential information for making the best possible purchase.
- Fixed or foldable
Stackable lounge chairs are perfect for the garden or swimming pool, as they allow you to optimize spaces. This also applies to public places such as beaches, swimming pools and hotels.
Wheeled models can be moved easily, making them ideal for swimming pools and gardens. The lounge chairs with armrests are ideal for those who sit for a long time.
Fixed or Foldable
Fixed lounge chairs are difficult to transport due to their size, as their volume cannot be reduced in any way. We advise you to buy them if you are not going to the portal with you.
Folding lounge chairs, on the other hand, are less stable, but much more practical. The reason is simple: you can take them with you anywhere without too much effort. They also take up less space.
If you intend to keep your deck chair in the same place, any model will be excellent. However, as you could read in the previous paragraph, we do not recommend folding models.
The latter is perfect for moving, but not for keeping them in a fixed place. The lounge chairs on casters are ideal for being positioned by the pool and for being easily moved.
Most lounge chairs have a plastic or aluminium structure, but there are exceptions. The metallic ones are lighter and more durable, but both materials are perfect for most cases.
To be more comfortable, we recommend a deck chair with a canvas or padded resting surface. Plastic and metal models are inexpensive but also more uncomfortable.
The design of the lounge chairs is essential, but in some cases, it becomes even more so. For example, if you intend to place the chair in your garden, in the courtyard or near your swimming pool, you need a good-looking model.
To go to the beach or to the public swimming pool, opt for a comfortable and functional model, easily transportable if you like it aesthetically, even better.