If you are reading this article it is probably because you want to buy a pedestal fan or want to have as much information as possible about this type of product.
It may be that you are undecided about which model to buy or you are considering choosing one as an alternative to the ‘expensive’ air conditioning. A pedestal fan is an appliance that usually has a much lower price than other refrigeration systems.
It also has the advantage of being able to be moved between the different rooms of the house. To help you have clear ideas about this appliance and how to buy the most suitable according to your needs, we have created this guide.
Right below we had selected the best pedestal fans.
- 2-Blade oscillating pedestal fan with automatic oscillation and adjustable height and vertical angle
- Engineered for whisper-quiet operation; High quality silent motor works at low noise level
- 3 power settings, and 3 breeze modes (nature, sleep, normal) with wide oscillation for cooling medium to large rooms
- Easy digital operation, auto on/off timer, and remote control for changing modes from across the room
- 120 volt / 55 watt power consumption
- 3 SPEED SETTINGS: Just by rotating the control knob, this simple-to-use basic stand fan is a great value for creating a cooling breeze in both small and large household spaces.
- WIDE-ANGLE OSCILLATION: The 85° wide oscillation feature and the adjustable tilt option, provide movement from side to side, circulating air throughout the area. This makes the fan great for any space.
- SAFETY FIRST: The metal grill covers the fan blades and has a sturdy base providing stability during operation. This will ensure the safety of unattended children.
- INCREASE YOUR COMFORT: Using this pedestal fan for air circulation in your home can increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs.
- MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: With confidence in the quality of our product, Pelonis offers a 1-year manufacturer with your purchase of any of our products.
- Powerful Airflow: Maximum performance dual blade structure produces stronger, broader, and more powerful airflow for better air circulation in your home
- 85-Degree Oscillation: Emits a widespread, steady airflow from side to side to provide a cooling breeze to everyone in an office or living room
- Customizable Comfort: Choose from 3 wind modes (Normal, Nature and Sleep) and 12 speed levels on Normal mode, 3 speed levels on both Nature and Sleep modes
- Easy Operation: Control all settings with the remote control, view the current setting on the pedestal fan LED display without getting up, and quickly adjust fan speed and timer with the rotary knob beside the control panel
- Extremely Quiet: Adopts a DC motor which works quietly at 38dB, saves more energy than traditional AC motors, and generates a greater amount of air flow
- 3 Quiet, Energy-Efficient Speeds - allows this free standing pedestal fan to provide a cooling breeze around the home or home office. With a portable design, this fan is ideal for the bedroom, living room, or near your desk. Low, medium, and high speed make this fan well suited around the whole house.
- Adjustable Height & Tilt-back Head - give you the ability to direct the cooling air right where you need it. The fan's stand or pedestal, adjusts up or down changing the fan's height from 38 to 54.5 inch while the tilt-back head lets you aim the air towards the floor, ceiling, or anywhere in between.
- Widespread Oscillation - describes the action of the fan head moving from side to side to blow air throughout the area. Oscillation allows for the fan to provide ventilation for a wide area. This makes the fan great for large rooms.
- Blue Plug Patented Safety Fuse Technology - this built-in safety feature places a fuse directly in the plug of the power cord. If the fuse detects a potentially hazardous electrical fault it will cut off electric current to the fan, preventing a potential safety hazard. Extension/Depth-2 inch. Backplate/Canopy Width-4.25 inch. Backplate/Canopy Length-24 inch. Backplate/Canopy Thickness-0.81 inch
- Simple No Tools Assembly - means you'll have your fan assembled in no time. Simply follow the included instructions to assemble the base mount to the extension pipe, fan blades and grill and you're done. This fan is both metal and plastic. The motor and other parts are metal, while other parts are plastic
- ULTRA QUIET & ENERGY EFFICIENCY: Equipped with DC silent motor, the Pelonis pedestal fan is engineered for quiet operation (as low as 38 dB) which is less than half as loud as most standard fans. It is perfect for your bedroom or nursing room. The DC motor also offers greater energy efficiency and save up to 35% of the energy cost than its AC counterpart
- POWERFUL WIND & WIDE OSCILLATION ANGLE: 12 speed settings and 12-hour timer design allow you to customize your breeze needs in your house, living room and office. With 5 high-quality blades and a strong motor, this Pelonis oscillation fan could provide strong wind to boost the cooling effect when using with air conditioner. The 85° oscillation angle and 24° tilt angle will extend wind the coverage to every corner of the room
- EASY TO USE: Featuring blue LED display, remote control and auto power off functions, the floor fan is designed for long-range and full function control (up to 6 meters). With the height adjustable between 3. 5 and 4 feet, it could get you fully covered no matter you are sitting on the couch or lying in bed
- SAFETY FIRST: The big and heavy-duty base could provide additional stability for the fan during its operation. The built-in overheat protection would automatically switch off the fan when the motor overheats. The kid friendly safety grid will create a safe and cool environment for every member of the family
- MANUFACTURER WARRANTY: With confidence in the quality of our product, Pelonis offers a 1-year manufacturer with your purchase of any of our product
- Powerful & quiet cooling: This fan features double blade configuration with 3 speed settings & oscillation for wide area cooling in medium to large rooms; it features easy to use electronic controls including an auto off timer as well as a remote control
- Customizable cooling: This fan offers oscillation for whole room cooling plus a unique customizable experience with 3 power settings plus 3 breeze options: variable, breezy and constant; The remote control makes it easy to operate from across the room
- Increase your comfort: Using fans for air circulation in your home can help Increase your comfort, and help reduce energy costs as well; Honeywell carries a range of tower fans, floor fans, and oscillating fans find one for every room in the house
- Honeywell fans: The right fan helps cool you off & improves airflow in your room or home; Give your air conditioner & wallet a break by using fans to help reduce your energy consumption & costs; Honeywell carries a variety of fans to meet your home needs
- Honeywell quality: Help improve air circulation & energy savings in your home, bedroom or office with Honeywell fans.
- PEDESTAL FAN WITH REMOTE CONTROL– This stand up fan (15.3 x 15.3 x 49 inches) rests on the floor and creates fast cooling in medium to large rooms of the home like bedrooms, offices, garages, RVs, and dorms.
- QUIET, STANDING OSCILLATING FAN - Customize the airflow exactly the way you like it at home or work. Optional 90° oscillation provides evenly distributed airflow, and an auto timer shuts the fan off for up to 7.5 hours to save energy.
- ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT & TILT – To suit your specific cooling needs, you can change the height of this stand fan, and alter the vertical angle to circulate air upwards or downwards. Weighing less than 10 lbs., it’s easy to move from room to room.
- AUTOMATIC MODES & EASY ACCESS CONTROLS – The 3 speed settings are adjusted quickly & simply right from the LED control display panel or remote control (batteries not included).
- GUARANTEED SATISFACTION – BLACK+DECKER products come with a one-year warranty for parts and labor, so you can feel confident with your purchase. This product is ETL safety certified.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Aubrey Plaza, Elizabeth Olsen, O'Shea Jackson Jr. (Actors)
- Matt Spicer (Director) - David Branson Smith (Writer) - Jared Ian Goldman (Producer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- 【Quiet & Soft Airflow】: Brushless DC motor works smoothly with the 7 blades, reducing working noise to as low as 38dB, and bringing comfortable airflow as soft as cool natural wind
- 【Great Air Circulation Performance】: Pedestal fan Works in tandem with air conditioning to quickly circulate cool air to the bedroom with the 90-degree tiltable head and up to 3.93ft adjustable height
- 【Smart & Energy-saving Airflow Adjustment】: Seamlessly adjusts speed based on fluctuations in the indoor temperature under Smart Airflow Mode. Save energy and get better air circulation in your home
- 【Personalized Cooling Settings】: 3 modes including Normal for home, Nature for office, and Sleep for night. 9 speed levels under Normal mode to precisely control the airflow, or press the turbo button to generate much faster wind to refresh the air in no time
- 【Wide Oscillation Angles】: Choose either a 60-degree, 90-degree, or 120-degree oscillation angle to cover everyone in the room. Pedestal fan with remote control makes it easy to operate from across the room
Things to Consider Before Buying Pedestal Fans
At this point, you already know which are the best pedestal fans according to our criteria. As we said, surely after this analysis you will have already discovered some of the characteristics that are important to you. Now we will show you other aspects that you will need to consider to make the best possible purchase.
What Is a Pedestal Fan and How Does It Work?
A tower fan is an appliance that serves to refresh rooms of different sizes, depending on its characteristics. It is a cheaper alternative to other forms of refrigeration. It works by sucking the air which will then “blow” out.
If it also has an oscillatory function, it will rotate to allow air to reach the whole room. Thanks to its design it occupies a small space. Usually, it has a modern look and therefore it is perfect for any room.
Furthermore, in most cases, tower fans are silent, when they are in operation you can barely hear their noise. Their price is quite low when compared to that of other alternatives that exist on the market but still offer interesting results.
Are Pedestal or Ceiling Fans Better?
You’ve probably wondered if it’s better to choose a pedestal fan or a ceiling fan. What we can tell you is that the seconds usually cover only a certain point in the room.
If they do not have a particular design, they are not even very aesthetically beautiful even if they are always visible. Tower towers, on the other hand, can be put away when they are not needed.
Furthermore, not all homes can be fitted with a ceiling fan. And almost always you need to call an electrician to be able to properly install it on the ceiling.
Finally, you need someone skilled even in the event that they break, so in general, they are more expensive in all. Their main advantage is that you don’t have them in the middle of the room and you don’t have any wires you could trip over.
What Are the Elements that Must Be Present in A Pedestal Fan?
There are certain elements present in tower fans that you need to know in order for you to make the perfect purchase. They are present in most devices of this type, but however, it is good that you make sure of it so that you can choose the one that best suits you.
- Timer: This is a function that allows you to program the time when the appliance must switch on or off. For example, if you will use the fan to sleep and you already know how long it will take you, program it to turn off automatically when you wish.
- Remote Control: If your fan is equipped with remote control, you will not have to get up every time you want to turn it on or off. You can also use it to change its programs too.
- Buttons: Depending on the model, the fan will have different buttons that will allow you to set various functions. The more it has, the more practical the fan will be.
- Led Screen: If the fan is fitted with an LED screen, it will be easier to use it.
What Are the Advantages and Disadvantages of Pedestal Fan?
At this point in our guide, you will already know many of the benefits of using this appliance. You know it is an appliance that will save you in more than one day, and one night, in the summer.
In addition, you already have some of its most important functions clear. Now we will talk about its main advantages and disadvantages:
- Of Great Help for Those Who Do Not Have Air Conditioning
- It Is Easy to Maintain
- Simple to Use
- These fans are rechargeable
- It does not cool like air conditioning
- it is not enough to completely refresh the large rooms
We are almost at the end of this pedestal fan purchase guide. You are already aware of all the aspects that you need to take into consideration when choosing a pedestal fan.
But it’s not a bad idea to review some features you need to analyze before making your final decision. Take note of the following:
- Remote control
Getting hot is very annoying, but living with a noisy appliance can make anyone lose patience. Before choosing the model to buy, make sure it is silent. This feature must be included in its performance, if not, you will have to make sure of this feature before buying the fan.
Its effectiveness depends on the height of the pedestal fan. If he is not very tall he will not be able to make the air in the area you want. You will find yourself obliged to place it above a chair or above a table. In this case, besides being very ugly to look at, it could cause an accident. So you should check that it has an adequate height.
The speeds of the tower fan are very important, they will allow you to regulate the airflow of the appliance. Since temperatures are not the same every day, you won’t need it to always run at full power.
If the fan has only one speed, its use will be a more limited while, on the contrary, if it has more than one it will be more versatile. We recommend that you choose a fan that has at least three speeds.
It may be that you do not consider it important that the fan is equipped with remote control. However, if you don’t choose a model that has one, you may regret it in the future. This extra is very important for using the appliance.
Imagine being lying on the sofa or on the bed and wanting to turn the fan on or off, with the remote control you could do it without getting up.
Another feature you need to take into consideration is the length of the pedestal fan cable. Too short a cable will require the use of extension cables and this would be very inconvenient. If the wire has a good length, their use will not be necessary. You can place the appliance where you want without having to worry that there is a plug near it.
A tower fan is not only an excellent alternative to other appliances with similar functions, such as the air conditioner. It is obvious that it does not cool as much as the latter, but it does not need an installation and it is much cheaper.
On the market, you will find various models with different prices, look for the one that has the best value for money. There are a number of factors to consider when buying a pedestal fan.
The speeds the device has, whether or not it has the remote control to be controlled remotely, the length of the cable and more. It is important that you do a complete analysis to ensure that you are as satisfied as possible with the appliance you choose.