There are several things that you have to give up when you have a small child, at least in its early years. You can not be too late in the evening, you must avoid too crowded places and to leave on vacation you can not think of having only a backpack.
But, among the sacrifices, there is undoubtedly no bicycle. Thanks to the bike seats your child will travel on the bike with you, in total safety. Let’s find out together, which are the best seats on sale.
If you are sporty people, lovers of the outdoors and who prefer a nice bike ride to travel by car, becoming parents for you, according to what most people say, would mean having to make a great renunciation: undoubtedly, comparing a bicycle and a car, the second is the safest means of transporting a child. Here we will be listing the top 9 best bicycle seats with backrest.
- ✅ Bicycle Backrest Seat Size: Seat Base 11.5" Length x 9.5" Width. More comfortable to sit.
- ✅ Comfortable Backrest Bike Seat: Wider than the typical saddle, MOONCOOL backrest seat support rider's back and helps to reduce fatigue.
- ✅ Application: Suitable for a standard 7/8" seat post. MOONCOOL backrest seat is perfect for adult tricycle, adult trikes, bikes and many more bicycle styles
- ✅ Durable Backrest Saddle: Made from premium material Iron and Polyurethane. MOONCOOL bike seat would last long time.
- ✅ SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: 100% worry-free guarantee, 1-year manufacture guarantee for MOONCOOL Backrest Saddle Bike Seat! No matter what reason cause dissatisfaction, we'll replace your backrest seat or reimburse you every cent back!
- Fits on Standard Seatposts
- Integrated Backrest
- 9" long x 11" wide
- This bicycle saddle seat with a backrest is a popular saddle that will make your ride a pleasure.
- This style of bike seat finds a perfect home on beach cruisers, stationary exercise bikes, adult trikes, and many more bicycle styles and models.
- A little wider than the typical seat that probably came with your bike, this backrest seat supports the lumbar region and helps to reduce fatigue. So sit back & relax.
- Made of thick waterproof and sweat-proof material, it is light and breathable, soft and comfortable, allowing you to completely relax in outdoor sports.
- Size: 28cm x 28cm/11.02" x 11.02" (Approx.)
- This style of bike seat finds a perfect home on beach cruisers, stationary exercise bikes, adult trikes, and many more bicycle styles and models with a standard 7/8" seat post.
- A little wider than the typical seat that probably came with your bike, this backrest seat supports the lumbar region and helps to reduce fatigue.
- Easy to clean black vinyl seat covering. 7-1/2" seat back height and 8-1/2" seat back width. The seat base is 11" long by 10" wide.
- Exercise bike owners: Please check the size of your seat post before ordering. Some exercise bikes have a larger 1" or greater seat post diameter. This seat will only fit a standard bicyle seat post of 7/8".
- SIZE: 11.5in (saddle width), 9.5in(saddle length), 8.75in (Cushion width), 8in (Cushion height)
- Fits on Standard Seat posts, standard Seat Clamp size 22.2mm
- Adjustable Backrest, back rest can be adjusted free
- backrest size: 8.66x8.66 in(WxL); saddler size: 9.05x9.8in (WxL); clamp dia.: 8.7 in
- Universal replaceable saddle, for nearly all bike on the market
- Comfortable backrest wide seat for tricycle, bike, mountain bike, gym bike
- ☀【SIZE:Seat size:9.84”x8.66”(25x22cm);Back size:7.87”x4.72”(20x12cm);Overall size:11.8”x11.8”(30x30cm)
- ☀【MATERIAL】:Pu material, let u feel comfotable.
- ☀【BACKREST SPPORT】:With backrest, secure and can relax a lot.
- ☀【FEATURE】:Easy to install;Durable, can work long life.
- ☀【APPLICATION】:Electric Vehicle, Bicycle Universal.
- Wide padded seat and backrest ensure comfortable riding position.
- Thick sponge padding provides maximum comfort.
- Backrest provides safety for your children.
- PU leather surface, water resistant and easy to clean.
- Easy to install on standard rear racks for most bikes.
- With thick sponge inside, ergonomic design, high elastic and comfortable to use.
- Easy to install and remove. An ideal replacement for riding.
- Wider than the typical seat your bike have, this backseat supports the waist area and helps reduce fatigue.
- This back rest is suitable for most of bikes, electric bikes and other bikes, convenient and safe.
- The surface is made of good quality material, durable, wear-resistant and easy to clean.
How to Choose Best Bicycle Seats with Backrest?
That’s not quite the case. The more informed will know that there are bike seats, comfortable seats that, just like in the car, are fixed to the bike. The positions can be fixed forward or behind and are regulated by precise safety rules.
Bike seats are a real salvation for parents who do not want and cannot choose between an excellent ride and the time spent with their children.
Which Seat to Choose?
We come to the crucial moment: which is the right model to choose? When can it be used? What are the characteristics to which we must pay attention? Let’s go in order.
A good bike seat is a hard-wearing seat, in which a child can be seated comfortably and at the same time keep him safe. But a good position must also be structured in such a way as not to hinder the pedalling of the parent.
Generally, it is recommended to start using bicycle seats when the child is already a few months old and can hold his head on his own. Of course, every child placed in a position must be equipped with a helmet – just as the adult driving should be – but this is an additional preventive measure.
The maximum weight load that a seat can hold is about 22 kilos, so it is useful for children up to about 6-7 years.
It is essential to ensure that the mounting system of the model of seat you choose is compatible with your bicycle; in this regard, in order not to make a mistake, you could opt for a universal model. The only bikes for which the installation of child seats is not recommended are racing bicycles.
The most popular seat models are usually those equipped with headrests and footrests, which ensure that the child can enjoy all possible comforts.
The seats are equipped with safety belts – the number of which may vary – and sometimes also with a front bar. In general, however, the safety measures of a car seat follow specific European standards.
The assemblies are usually elementary; each seat is provided with instructions, written or video.
Front Seat or Rear Seat?
The seats are divided into front-mounted seats and rear-mounted seats. Everyone can choose the one they prefer based on their needs, but it is good to know that both have pros and cons. Let’s see what they are.
A front seat is useful to allow the child to have greater visibility and, above all, to be in close contact with mom or dad, who will be able to entertain and control him at the same time. This dramatically reduces the risk of the child’s agitation, which could cause some problems while riding the bike.
On the other hand, however, a front seat can be used for a shorter time, since the front of the bicycle can be subjected to a load of less weight and requires more experience to ride a bike, because, being the pressure positioned forward, pedalling will become more substantial.
Finally, placing the child on the front exposes him to higher risk: for this reason, it is usually recommended to mount a windshield.
With the rear seat, however, the weight of the child is distributed more evenly and will be supported for a more extended period. Obviously, in this case, you will not be able to maintain eye contact with your child, and you should entertain him in another way.
In short, each model of the seat has its pros and cons; it is all about understanding what the most important thing for you is.
If you still have not managed to make your choice, you can always visit Amazon’s “bicycle seats” section and take a look at the other models available.
When a new bicycle seat arrives at home, the first concern is sure how to mount it on your vehicle correctly and safely. The instructions do not always seem bright, and it often happens that assembly is not even that easy.
Fortunately, this is not the case with Sonstige CSS951 which, thanks to its universal system, will put aside all your shyness and will prove to be very easy to place later on the model in your equipment, as long as it is compatible.
It quickly attaches to any saddle, thanks to its universal assembly which makes it perfect even for those who were not familiar with these supports and were dealing with it for the first time.
Its measures are well suited to round tubes with a diameter of 25-46 mm or oval ones with a diameter of 30-60 mm. It can also be placed on larger seats thanks to the screws with adapters. In this way, whatever type of bike you have available, you will soon be able to get on the family to explore the world together.
Suitable for Children up To 7 Years Old
If you have grown accustomed to your little ones to ride on two wheels together with mom and dad, continuing this habit and keeping alive the tradition of Sunday trips and adventurous explorations is a way of keeping the family together by living a shared passion together.
The routes chosen are not always suitable for children who are still inexperienced while driving, so it may be useful to have a rear bicycle seat such as the Sonstige CSS951, which can be used up to about seven years.
Perfect to support a maximum capacity of 22 kg, and it has adjustable footrests on 13 positions to follow the growth in height and a full seat, with high and wraparound side rails for unparalleled comfort, which even includes a housing for the helmet.
The protections at the bottom prevent the feet from accidentally ending up in contact with the spokes of the moving wheels, and the safety belts are extendable to be sure to be able to embrace each build without any problems and have fun pedalling after pedalling, year after year.