Sleeping peacefully is very important, but when summer comes, sleep is disturbed by annoying buzzing insects, not to mention the irritating and itchy mosquito bites.
If you don’t want to use chemical insecticides that are harmful to health or engage in pitched battles against the flying enemies of your stillness, bug light bulbs could be the best solution to the problem.
Here we had listed out some of the best bug light bulbs that are present below.
- A calm, relaxed and comfortable summer day -- LOHAS yellow bug light bulb gives off amber yellow lighting which can help you keep a cool summer day. Product Dimensions: 3.5 x 2 x 2 inches
- Light Your Way in Darkness -- 5 Watts, 450 lumen bulb can replace a traditional 40 Watt A15 bulbs. Put out enough light to light your way, to dig in your pocket and find the right key to open the door.
- Enhance Sleeping Quality -- Install the bulb(E26 Base) in your bedroom lamp as the sleeping night lights. The yellow light can stimulate the release of melatonin. Help you feel relaxed and let you have a peaceful sleeping.
- Create Cozy Atmosphere -- Amber yellow 2000 kelvin lights give people warm feelings which is nice for indoor outdoor actives and can bring more fun to your life.
- Durable&Reliable--It lasts 30000 hours and reduces frequency of re-lamp. Save $$ on electricity bill. No lead or mercury. No UV or IR. CE, RoHS, FCC compliant.
- Advanced technology - LED Blue-violet band emits 365-420nm wavelength. This wavelength has a fatal attraction with the long-lasting stability of insects Mosquito. Not only can kill mosquitoes, but also eliminate other insects.
- Powerful and effective - The latest type of mosquito zapper. It attracts bugs with emitting high-intensity UV light. Insects then make contact with an extremely powerful high voltage electrically charged metal grid, instantly killing them. Kills a limitless amount of insects.
- Chemical - Free - Made of Eco-friendly material. Get rid of mosquitoes fast without sticky, messy poisons or sprays. Use natural physical method gets rid of flies. Great for places where pesticides can't be sprayed like kitchens and hospitals. Completely harmless to human and pets.
- 45 ° Slope Design - Mosquitoes automatically slipping off, no need to clean up the mosquito zapper,ensure the full range of multi-cycle mosquito kill.
- How to change the mode: Three modes can be chosen from the switch control. First switch is regular light and bug zapper mode. Second switch just slight light mode. Third switch just the bug zapper mode.
- ENERGY-SAVING BULBS. Save money on electric bills by using these energy-saving LED light bulbs. A perfect replacement to incandescent lights, these low, 9.5 wattage LED bulbs (40-watt equivalent) use less energy and endure longer, saving you money on electric and replacement costs.
- INSECT-FREE LIGHTING. Relax on your back porch or deck in the middle of summer without being bothered by pesky insects. The yellow bug light bulb gives off amber yellow lighting, illuminating your porch or patio while keeping insects at bay.
- LONG LIFESPAN. Besides saving you money on energy costs, these bulbs boast a longer lifespan to reduce the cost and hassle of renewing them. These lamps can last up to 25,000 hours, making them virtually maintenance-free.
- ENHANCE YOUR SLEEPING QUALITY. These bulbs produce a spectacular yellow light with the perfect amount of brightness to release of melatonin so you can feel more relaxed and improve sleep and see in the nighttime hours. They’re ideal for an outdoor porch, deck, garage and entryway, as well as for indoor lighting to help you feel more relaxed and improve sleep.
- SAFE ALTERNATIVE. Unlike fluorescent bubs, these LED lights do not contain mercury and won't release any hazardous gasses. As such, there's no need to worry if a bulb breaks or about having to recycle it.
- HELPS KEEP AREA BUG FREE - Provides a yellow light that most flying insects and bugs can’t see; the LED bug light bulbs provide sufficient illumination without attracting bugs; a great alternative to bug sprays or repellents
- DAMP LOCATION RATED - This bulb can be used indoor/outdoor and create a pleasant environment for activates; Ideal for front porch/door, garage, patio, deck & porch; They provide sufficient illumination without attracting bugs; Bugs will no longer gather at the door waiting to come in and won't fly around when spending time outside
- ENERGY SAVING - The 60-watt equivalent light bulb only uses 5 watts and produces 400 lumens; Has instant on brightness; Emits no ultraviolet light which makes it safe to use in rooms with artwork and photographs; 100% mercury free; The yellow light stimulates the release of melatonin which contributes to better sleep
- DURABLE - The yellow LED light bulb is rated up to 25, 000 hours or 22. 8 years (based on 3 hours per day); The bug LED light bulb saves you money on energy costs and with a long lifespan, it reduces the cost and hassle of renewing them; Virtually maintenance-free
- UL & CUL CERTIFIED - Feit Electric upholds the highest standards for all our products with optimal performance and safety; With 40+ years of experience in lighting, we are the leader in lighting innovations
- DUSK TO DAWN AUTOMATIC ON/OFF: With built-in light sensor which detects as it gets dark and lights up automatically at night, goes off during the day. EASY INSTALL: Screw in bulb and turn switch to on, Automatic Sensor will turn the LED Bulb on/off automatically.
- BUG LIGHTS, INSECTS FREE: Don’t attract insects while illuminating your porch and yard. Add the fun and lose the bugs with Solray Automatic Sensor bug light bulbs LED that do not attract insects like other bulbs. Yellow Orange 2000k, 500 lumens, give off a cozy yellow light, while repelling bugs and mosquitos.
- BEST-IN-CLASS PREMIUM SOLRAY LEDs provide turn on instantly in dark with energy-efficient flicker-free, natural light that won't degrade over time. Unlike cheaper imitations, Solray LED offers clean, natural lighting with exceptional clarity, for long lasting beauty.
- SAVE ENERGY: Solray Dusk till Dawn LED Bug Light Bulb uses only 6W of electricity while giving off 500 lumens equivalent of 40 watt incandescent bulb. Save up to 85% on electricity bill.
- BUG-FREE SUMMER EVENINGS: No need to remember to turn on these bug lights they turn on automatically for you. Add the fun and lose the mosquitos with Solray Dusk till Dawn LED bug light bulbs that do not attract insects like other bulbs.
- 13 WATT CFL SPIRAL - Provides bright yellow light with a 60 Watt equivalent brightness; Standard E26 medium base
- BUG FREE - Yellow bug light does not attract bugs or insects keeping your outdoor areas free of bugs, mosquitoes and the like; Enjoy the outdoors at night without the bugs
- OUTDOOR LIGHTING - Great for backyards, porches, patios, decks, gardens, garages, walkways, driveways, pool areas, entryways, workshops, or general outdoor use
- INSTANT ON - Flicker Free; Last 10X longer than incandescent and halogen bulbs; Suitable for commercial setting
- ENERGY EFFICIENT - Uses 13 Watts and Lasts 10,000 Hours; UL Listed; Contains mercury
- A-Line A19 Maximum Overall Length 4-7/16 inch
- Medium Base 1 000 Lumens 1 000 Hours
- It is GE 90A/Y 90W Yellow Bug Light Bulb
- Model number: 61435
- Top Rated A19 Dusk-to-Dawn LED Bulbs that Repells Insects
- ✅ KEEP BUGS AWAY - Don't lift a finger, Sunco's A19 LED dusk-to-dawn bulb powers on automatically when the sun goes down! The photocell sensor detects light levels to act as automatic night lights while the yellow hue of the bulb keeps pesky bugs away. Note: This bulb is non-dimmable.
- ✅ VERSATILITY - Sunco's A19 D2D bulbs are suitable for both indoor and outdoor applications such as driveways, basements, porchs/decks or garages. No need to worry about accidentally leaving the lights on but won't leave you bumping into things to find the switch so you save energy (up to 85%).
- ✅ UL CERTIFIED - We uphold the highest standards for all our products by testing each product for optimal performance and safety. Our A19 insect repellant LED bulbs provide instant bright light and no buzzing or flickering for maximum eye comfort.
- ✅ SUNCO BENEFITS - 5-Year Warranty! Sunco is proudly based in the USA, offering quality products at affordable prices backed by industry-leading warranties and knowledgeable support specialists. Not for sale in California.
- 2 in 1 Light Bulb: The LED light and bug zapper are designed into 1 light bulb. 2 modes to choose: mosquito zapper, mosquito zapper + lighting. Easily switch depending on your needs.
- Safe & Eco-friendly: No dazzling, no chemicals, no smell and toxic-free, safe for children, pregnant woman and pets.
- Easy to Operate: The mosquito killer fits in E27 110V light bulb sockets. No extra wires or plug needed. Just install it as a normal light bulb.
- Effective & Energy-Saving: Our mosquito killer bulb adopts advanced and latest light-wave technology with a built-in insect light trap. The UV LED light can attract insects, mosquitoes, flies, and fleas, then kill them.
- Wide Application: Ideal for both indoor and outdoor use. Great for kill all kinds of hateful insects in porch, garden, bedroom, backyard, restaurant, hotel and so on.
- ☀Soft and Cozy--This yellow led light bulb gives off a comfortable warm light, which is able to provide a relaxed and romantic atmosphere for your house. Completely soft enough to protect the eyesight especially for the kids.
- ☀Helping You to Sleep Well--Completely meet with the Eye-Comfort requirements. Can be used as night light in your bedroom or kid’s room. It emits a cozy yellow light to reduce your mental stress from working or studying and make you feel relaxed.
- ☀Well Illumination--Fits any E26 screw base sockets lamps. Put out enough light to illuminate your porch, more convenient for you to find out your door key from the bag at evening when coming home.
- ☀Artistic Decoration--Ideal for porch, garden, wall sconces, bedroom, study room or outdoor bar. Also perfectly suitable for festival decoration such as thanks giving day or Christmas to create a warm and comfortable atmosphere.
- ☀Quality Guarantee--Made of energy-efficient led and durable aluminum to guarantee the long-lasting of the bulbs. Do not have to worry about the expensive electricity bill or frequent bulbs replacement any more. We are promised to provide 100% replacement for the quality problems during 3-year warranty.
- HOW TO CHANGE THE MODE: Three modes can be chosen from the switch control. First switch is regular light and bug zapper mode. Second switch just slight light mode. Third switch just the bug zapper mode.
- Effective UV Mosquito Killer Lamp: Our bug zapper light bulb adopts advanced and latest light-wave technology with built-in insect light trap, which is effective in killing flies, mosquitoes, moths, fleas and bug gnats.
- Safe for Health: In contrast with traditional insect repellents, like chemical harmful sprays etc, this electronic mosquito killer trap is 100% nontoxic and safe for human bodies and pets.
- Environment-friendly & Economical: The 12W LED bulb provides bright and soft light with up to 50000 hours of lifetime! It is energy efficient, money-saving and eco-friendly.
- Wide Range of Applications: The insect zapper can be installed in anywhere with a E26/ E27 lamp base. The LED electronic insect killer fits in standard 110V socket, perfect for indoor and outdoor use, such as house, living room, kitchen, deck, porch, garden, warehouse, garage, office, hotel, restaurant, etc.
- ※Yellow Light Bulbs-- This yellow bug light adopts the most appropriate light band that bugs don't like. Giving off yellow lighting to keep bugs away from your house and provide you a comfortable summer without bugs interference.
- ※Energy Efficiency: Using this 9w led bug light will be a best choice on saving your electricity bill because it only consume 9w but work as bright as 60w regular bulb.
- ※Application: This light bulb can be widely applied on your front porch, back porch, garden, outdoor. With this amber yellow light bulb you can easily light up your place and get rid of bug issue
- ※Easy for install:E26 base light bulb is a common light socket and super easy to install. You only need to screw it in the socket and tighten it easily in a second. There is no more setup required.
- ※Safe &Warranty--No lead and no mercury. Environmental protection. No UV or IR. No flicker no buzzing and have a long life span.
Things to Consider Before Buying Bug Light Bulbs
Type of Light Emitted
The first traps put on the market were composed of a simple light to attract insects inside the lamp and then electrocute them through electrified grids.
Following experiments made to understand the behavior of mosquitoes in the face of these traps, it was concluded that not all species of Diptera are attracted to the same light; among the most effective colors, we find purple and yellow-orange.
UV light lamps, for example, have proven to be among the most effective for trapping nearly all flying insects.
The electric mosquito nets that use this type of light radiation characterized by a particular wavelength appreciated by insects act as perfect baits and offer very satisfactory results.
On the market, there are numerous types of insect lamps that have a dual function. They not only perform their “insecticidal” task but also offer a courtesy light that is not annoying and useful at night.
Electric Grill, Fan or Glue
After analyzing the type of luminous “bait,” let’s take a look at the different types of traps that we can find inside such a product.
Generally, the most common insecticidal methods for these devices are three: electric grid, fan, and glue.
In the first case, the insect is attracted by the light of the lamp, and, once approached, it comes into contact with an electrified metal mesh that lightens it instantly, causing it to fall stiffly into the collection tray below.
Subsequently, we find the lamp equipped with an integrated fan, which, once attracted to the unfortunate insect inside the mosquito net, generates a flow of air that sucks it into the special box, trapping it until it dies dehydrated.
Finally, we find the glue model equipped with adhesive sheets on which mosquitoes, flies, bedbugs, and other insects inevitably end up stuck without the possibility of escape.
These devices are among the most common and efficient domestic disinfestation systems, some also used for commercial premises.
For those environments where food is administered, which must always be protected from this type of pitfall. They are also safe, non-toxic, and environmentally friendly products.
For Indoor or Outdoor Use
Electric mosquito nets are found at any price. Still, among the many factors to keep in mind before buying such a product, you must also evaluate where the device will be positioned.
This detail is essential to better orient your purchase, as there are models for external, internal use, or both cases.
The insect lamps for outdoor use are designed for use in environments open to the public, are made to defend areas such as gardens, courtyards, patios, and to be positioned in places clearly visible to patrons. They, therefore, have a pleasant design, with elegant finishes and traps well hidden from view.
The devices for indoor use generally have small and compact dimensions. These too characterized by different designs and with the possibility of being placed on home furniture or hung on the wall, far from the reach of children.
How to Use a Bug Light Bulbs
Insects can be very annoying, especially in summer. Whether you are indoors or outdoors, it is challenging to keep them away. Insecticides are a solution but not at all ecological.
The alternative, then, is the use of unusual traps that exploit the lamps for insects, whose light attracts them and then, once in contact with an electrified network, kill them.
Effective Against Mosquitoes?
The first thing that seems essential to us is to answer the question of the effectiveness of these mosquito traps.
We ask two questions, so we can clarify a point that seems fundamental to us because many decide to buy an insect lamp just to exterminate mosquitoes.
Do these traps kill mosquitoes? Yup! Do they kill as many as we would like? No! The truth is that these devices are not explicitly designed for mosquitoes, although many think otherwise.
These insects, unlike others, are not attracted to the light of the lamps, and therefore, if trapped, it is by pure chance.
Better with The Fan
An insect lamp can be even more effective if it is equipped with a fan. But we explain why this element is considered so important. Its function is as simple as it is fundamental.
When it is in operation, it sucks the insects that pass in the immediate vicinity, forcing them against the electrified net, which at that point will roast them well. Besides, a trap with fans is more effective against mosquitoes.
How to Fix the Trap?
For the best results, the trap needs to be fixed in a certain way. First of all, it should be in a position as central as possible to the room. Also, it should be raised from the floor at least 1.5 meters and not near the windows.
The insect lamp requires a minimum of maintenance. In particular, it must be kept clean. First of all, you have to empty, even daily, the collecting drawer where most of the dead insects end up.
Some of these will remain attached to the electrified network. In this case, a brush must be used to remove them, remembering before removing the plug.