If where you live, in the coldest winter days, the heating of the radiators is not enough to guarantee the right temperature you could enter the order of ideas to buy a convector.
In this buying guide, we explain how it works, what are the aspects to consider, and a ranking with the models most appreciated by consumers.
If you are looking for a compact and elegant model, Slim Style will not disappoint you; on the contrary, it will be appreciated for the three levels of regulation for the emission of heat. Here we will be listing the top 11 best convectors.
- No Fan & Quiet | The difference between us and other heater is that we more focus on comfort.Using the principle of natural convection of air for heating,there is no fan during operation, super silent, no lights.
- Freestanding/Wall Mounted | This baseboard heater can set on the floor with 75 inches POWER CORD and four wheels allow to move it freely.It is also easy to mount on any wall which is perfect for bedrooms, garage, offices and more.
- Timer Function | Customize your heating needs with time controls.you could set a time (0-24 hours)to turn off the machine after you sleep with timer mode .
- Energy Saving | With 1500W working it could heat up a 160-220 sq.ft room well. Smart ECO Mode can automatically adjust the room temperature to optimize energy consumption. this item reads in Celsius for the temperature
- Energy Saving | With 1500W working it could heat up a 160-220 sq.ft room well. Smart ECO Mode can automatically adjust the room temperature to optimize energy consumption. if any problem, pls feel free to contact us , we will solve your problem asap.
- 2 heat settings: low (500 watts) and high (1,000 watts)
- Adjustable thermostat control for maximum comfort
- Safety features include: thermal cut-off protection (shuts off heater if it overheats) and tip-over switch (NOTE: rattling sound is normal when moving item)
- For small room and personal use, provides SUPPLEMENTAL heat up to 400 square feet
- 120 V (60Hz) / 8.3 Amps / 1,000 Watts / Dimensions: 25.2 in (L) x 5.2 in (W) x 8.7 in (H)
- FULL ROOM WARMTH: Packs 1500 watts of heating power for full room comfort
- SLEEK LOOK: Whether set on the floor or mounted to the wall, Slim Style by De'Longhi is the most beautiful way to stay warm
- INSTANT WARMTH: Dual Fan System fills room with heat quickly
- CONVENIENT WALL MOUNT: Safe and easy to mount on any wall with included kit
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT: Customize to your heating needs with the adjustable thermostat and multiple heat settings
- - The intelligent warm air convection system will quickly and directly output heat, accelerate the thermal efficiency of hot air circulation, and significantly increase the heating rate.
- - Built-in temperature control and automatic induction, when the set temperature is reached, the heating will be automatically stopped, energy saving and energy saving, and the indoor temperature will be automatically started after the indoor temperature is lower than the set temperature, and the temperature will be kept constant.
- - Specifications:88cm*27cm*17cm*, waterproof protection, large outlet design, flame retardant material, overheat protection, touch screen.
- - Low noise, quiet, no radiation, energy saving, high efficiency, Heating up fast, warm effect, uniform heating, long life.
- - We appreciate your shopping experience, in case of quality or shipping defects, please write us with two photos, one of the lamp, one of the package, a refund or a free replacement for your choice.
- Stelpro ASMC402 Maestro Smart Home Wi-Fi Controller Thermostat Adds Maestro Connectivity to Line Voltage Electric Baseboards, Convectors, and Fan Heaters
- Compatible with Alexa and Google Assistant through IFTTT. Change out old ‘dumb’ line voltage stats for Maestro stats for automated, full heat control in up to 8 zones
- Using this Maestro Controller in a central location, connect up to 19 Maestro ASMT402 thermostats or Maestro enabled heaters throughout your home for a complete Smart Home solution
- Maestro Controller Thermostat model connects and automates up to 19 other heaters using Maestro enabled Thermostats each operating line voltage electric baseboards, convectors and fan heaters
- Use manual controls on unit or simple and Intuitive Mobile App Control at Your Fingertips with Your Smartphone or Mobile Device
- HEAT: Up to 40% faster through top heat discharge, speeding dispersal of warm air into the center of the room
- SLEEK: Designed with a superior shark-fin blade design on a steel tubular element for improved heat transfer, quiet operation and longer life
- DISCREET: With our heater being up to 42% smaller than conventional baseboards, this allows for discreet styling, reduced length and added versatility of placement when designing a room
- SAFE: Design with a full length automatic overheat shutoff for safety and peace of mind
- DURABLE: Made with polyester/ epoxy powder coating to resist fading and abrasion and a nickel chromium element that is totally enclosed within a steel sheath, providing superior life expectancy and resistance to rust.
- Input range 5,600 to 10,000 BTU/hr
- Ideal supplemental heating solution for room additions, basements, and sunrooms
- Tilt Switch - Push-Button, Electronic Ignition
- Cool-to-the-touch cabinet keeps you and your family safe
- REDUCES SURFACE TEMPERATURE: EconoHome heat guard is an optional heater cover that attaches on the wall heater and reduces the temperature of the exterior casing to about 120 F, making it safe for your needs!
- DOUBLES THE HEAT CIRCULATION: Double the proficiency of the heat circulation with the EconoHome heat guard due to the dual convection heat waves.
- SAFEST FOR PETS, BABIES & KIDS: Worry-free protection for pets, babies and kids. Works most similar to ceramic space heaters that feel warm on the exterior surface while heating up the room.
- EASY TO INSTALL: This heating guard is very easy to install, just affix on the 4 corner screws for your best protection.
- PAINTABLE VERSION: Same as the actual heating panel, this heating guard is made out of paintable material so you can match any room décor. Feel free to attach any wall decals or logo stickers.
- ★Sturdy body: not easy to rust, high temperature resistance, high pressure resistance, long service life, no drying, high thermal efficiency, stylish appearance, circulating convection, can heat the whole house.
- ★Temperature: High-power heat dissipation, continuous heating without stopping, wide heating range, more accurate and energy-saving temperature setting, close to indoor temperature.
- ★Speed heat: heat, speed heating, warmth, high thermal efficiency, no wind, no sound, no light, no drying, energy saving, wide heating range, more stable heating
- ★ Function: intelligent constant temperature, double gear design, heat curtain protection cover, remote temperature adjustment, child lock switch, 24-hour intelligent timing.
- ★ Protection measures: With a variety of protection facilities, overheat protection, flame retardant materials, safe child lock design and dumping power protection to ensure the safety of you and your family.
- Provides a compact
- Versatile heating solution
- Wattage: 750, 1000
- Volts ac: 208, 240
- Color: White
- Length: 40 in
- Type: heater, baseboard, convection
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best Convectors
How Does It Work?
A convector is a device that typically joins the system that manages the climate and spreads heat in the room in which it is installed.
This operation takes place by convection, thanks to a heat exchanger installed inside the appliance. In practice, cold air (which tends to stay down) is sucked in and heated thanks to lamellar pipes and electrical resistances.
The process takes place quickly and has, as a pleasant consequence, the ability to heat the air even in particularly large rooms.
This aspect is one of those shared by the products of the best brands on the market: a few minutes are enough to quickly heat a room.
With positive consequences both on the pleasure of relaxing at home when it freezes outside and on energy savings. The speed of heat generation allows limiting the moments in which the convector must remain on.
Among other things, as we will see shortly, there are various types of appliances of this type and not all require electrical power, therefore, with a view to saving, you can compare prices and expenses and realize how it can be cheap to have a pleasant warmth in the house.
Different Types of Power Supply
As mentioned and as the reviews of the various models on the market will confirm, you can choose between convector heaters powered differently. The most common models are the electric ones, often also called radiators, which draw their energy from the current.
Alternatively, however, you can also find gas, water, fan heaters or fan coil units (equipped with a fan that “forces” the convection process), each with its pros and cons, especially in terms of heating efficiency and sale.
In particular, the type of convector, its power and its dimensions must be calibrated both on your habits (how much you like that the house is warm), and on the size of the rooms, which must be directly proportional to the size of the device.
Where to Place It?
Depending on where you plan to place the convector, you can choose between two types: wall-mounted or floor-standing. The differences are not so much in terms of efficiency and heating power but only in size.
Keep in mind that usually, these appliances integrate a tray that collects the condensation that is formed during use, so remember to check it and empty it from time to time.
Also, please take a look at the filters that take care of blocking the dust and clean them, so you don’t run the risk of them getting clogged.
A disadvantage of the convectors is inherent in their operation and is linked to the fact that in the rooms where they are in process, in the first minutes of using the air at the height of the feet is considerably colder than that at the head. After a few moments, however, the temperature stabilizes.
This convector proposed by Vortice is first of all known for its extremely compact design that allows it to be positioned anywhere, as long as a socket is available, which is essential to power it.
The presence of comfortable handles on the sides also allows you to transport it without much effort, given the weight of just over 5 kilos.
The 70211 model proposed by Vortice can be kept on the floor thanks to the feet with non-slip rubber pads designed for this use that keep it well planted on the ground.
If you want, you can also choose to mount it on the wall, but in this case, you have to foresee an additional expense for the purchase of the mounting kit not offered in the bundle. The front feet, if positioned separately, can be safely removed, while the rear ones will act as spacers between the device and the wall.
Heat when Needed
The convector can reach a maximum power of 2,000 watts, an option recommended by users to quickly heat the room in which the device is inserted.
Once the desired temperature has been reached, the power supplied can be lowered to 800 watts, to keep the area warm, thus reducing electricity consumption.
The air comes out of the convector from a front grill, pushed by a fan. Users appreciate the antifreeze function that allows the device to activate when the temperature of the room where it is placed drops below 5 degrees.
This option becomes very useful in houses that are not inhabited daily, which will not be cold when there is a need to live there.
Despite a price all in all within reach of everyone, the Vortice 70211 leaves you amazed at the quality of the materials with which it is made.
For example, the two side panels are made of steel, in turn, painted with scratch-resistant paint. The same applies to the upper and side grids, while the side panels are produced with a high-quality resin which gives it the right strength.
Users who have purchased it point out that the fan designed to let out the heat generated inside the convector is mainly silent, a feature that allows you to insert the Vortice model even in the bedroom.
Cleaning the convector is simple: using a damp (and not wet) cloth, the side panels can be cleaned, while as regards the accumulations of dust that could be created near the ventilation grille, they can be removed using a standard bottle brush.