A Delonghi heater can be a valuable aid in keeping the home temperature comfortable, especially in winter, and in those rooms that remain a little colder than the rest of the house.
Depending on the need or our preferences, we have the choice between a portable fan heater, which can be moved from room to room as needed, and a wall-mounted fan heater to be installed on the wall in the area where this appliance is required.
Here we had selected the best Delonghi heaters for you that are present below.
- Flat panel design 1500-watt digital ceramic tower heater for instant focused personal heat in small to medium rooms
- Multiple heat settings: Minimum, Boost and ECO function for up to 40% energy savings
- Easy to use digital control panel with LCD display, 24-hour timer, includes full function remote control
- Side to side motorized oscillation to distribute warm air to more parts of the room quickly and efficiently
- Ceramic heating element provides fast and powerful spot heat safely
- FULL ROOM WARMTH: Packs 1500 watts of heating power for full room comfort
- SLEEK LOOK: Whether set on the floor or mounted to the wall, Slim Style by De'Longhi is the most beautiful way to stay warm
- INSTANT WARMTH: Dual Fan System fills room with heat quickly
- CONVENIENT WALL MOUNT: Safe and easy to mount on any wall with included kit
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT: Customize to your heating needs with the adjustable thermostat and multiple heat settings
- Equipped with a GFI plug and designed with IP21 to provide extra protection against water drips and condensation for safety in the bathroom
- 1500 watt heating power
- 24 hour programmable timer
- 3 heat settings
- Foot pedal operated oscillation
- Instant Warmth: Packs 1500 watts (5120 BTUs) of power for instant personal heating.
- Automatically Saves Energy: ECO function automatically adjusts heat and power settings for the most comfortable and economical warmth
- Peace of Mind: Featuring a thermal shutoff to prevent overheating and an internal tip-over switch that automatically turns the unit off if it falls over.
- Personalized Comfort: Customize your heating needs with digital controls, including an adjustable thermostat and multiple heat settings.
- Warmth When You Want It: The Manual Programmable Timer can be set to go on whenever you need heat most.
- FULL ROOM WARMTH: Packs 1500 watts of heating power for full room comfort
- SLEEK LOOK: Whether set on the floor or mounted to the wall, this is a stylish way to stay warm
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT: Adjustable thermostat and multiple heat settings allow you to customize to your heating needs
- CONVENIENT WALL MOUNT: Safe and easy to mount to any wall with included kit
- PORTABLE WARMTH: Lightweight, compact unit with convenient handle and wheels easily moves from room to room
- Instant Warmth: Packs 1500 watts (5120 BTUs) of power for instant personal heating
- Peace of Mind: Equipped with GFCI and designed with protection against condensation and water drips
- Personalized Comfort: Customize your heating needs with the adjustable thermostat, timer and multiple heat settings
- Warmth when you Want it: The manual programmable timer can be set to go on and off at the same time each day - ideal for bathroom pre-heating in the morning
- Lightweight and Portable: Great for bathroom use or can carry to other small rooms as needed
- Durable & maintenance-free: Patented, high-quality steel assembly and the permanently-sealed oil reservoir never needs refilling
- Radiant Heat: 1500 watts of heating power for quiet, full room comfort
- Personalized comfort: Customize to your heating needs with an adjustable thermostat and three heat settings.Heating power - Min (W): 700
- Patented thermal slots: Unique thermal slot design maximizes heat flow into the room while maintaining a low surface temperature
- Peace of mind: Features a thermal shutoff to prevent overheating
- INSTANT WARMTH: Packs 1500 watts of power for instant personal heating
- PEACE OF MIND: Features a thermal shutoff to prevent overheating and an internal tip-over switch that automatically turns the unit off if it falls over
- PERSONALIZED COMFORT: Customize your heating needs with the adjustable thermostat and multiple heat settings
- WARMTH WHERE YOU WANT IT: Lightweight, compact, portable unit with convenient carrying handle lets you enjoy the comfort of personal warmth wherever you need it to go
- Extra PERSONAL QUIET Desktop Heater For Office and Home Personal Use
- Adjustable Thermostat with 2 Heat Settings: High (1500 Watts) and Low (750 Watts)
- Doubles As a Ordinary Fan, So You Can Operate the Fan Without Heat for Summer Ventilation
- Safety Thermal Cut-Off Automatically Shuts the Heaters Off for Complete Peace of Mind
- Anti-Freeze Setting Automatically Turns the Blowing Heaters On When the Temperature Reaches 44 Degrees Fahrenheit
Buyer Guide to Choose Delonghi Heaters
Types of Delonghi Heater
There are two types of fan heater available today: the first and older with metal heating elements, the second more modern with ceramic heating elements. De’Longhi, like substantially all the other manufacturers of fan heaters, still offers both types in its range.
Metallic Resistance Fan Heaters
In models with metallic resistance, space is heated by forcing the passage of air through an incandescent metallic resistance.
The operating principle is simple: the electric current that passes through the metal of the resistance makes it incandescent, and this heat is transmitted to the air sucked by the fan through the resistance and expelled to the environment.
De’Longhi fan heater with metallic resistance usually these models are a little cheaper than the ceramic ones. Still, they have the disadvantage of absorbing more electrical power and taking significantly longer to heat up.
Ceramic Fan Heaters
Ceramic resistance technology is more recently introduced and, although the operating principle is substantially the same, the material of the resistance changes.
De’Longhi ceramic fan heater fact, ceramic has more performing conductive properties than metal: it heats up almost instantly, significantly reducing waiting times for hot air, and requires less energy. The cost, however, is slightly higher than the metallic resistance models.
Delonghi Heater Lines
As we have mentioned, De’Longhi’s production of fan heaters boasts a large number of models, naturally organized in different product lines according to their characteristics and types. We recall here the main lines, enumerating the essential features.
This is undoubtedly the best known of the De’Longhi fan heaters lines. As the name suggests, these are fan heaters designed for use in the bathroom, therefore characterized by an IP 21 insulation class suitable to protect the machine from splashes and water infiltrations.
These models are all “free-standing,” that is to say, that they do not provide for the possibility of fixed wall mounting so that they can also be used in other rooms of the house.
De’Longhi Caldobagno fan heater, there are both “basic” models, with only the heating power selector, and more advanced models equipped with a 24 h programmable timer. The resistance can be metallic or ceramic.
This is the most advanced line of De’Longhi fan heaters. All the models in this range are, in fact, ceramic-based and equipped with automatic oscillation for a more homogeneous distribution of heat in the environment.
The best models of this series also boast an elegant LED display, the 24 h programmable timer, and the supplied remote control.De’Longhi Bend Line fan heater excellent example belonging to this series is the De’Longhi Bend Line HFX60V20.
The models belonging to the Vertical Edge series are simple but characterized by a beveled and elegant design.
These are metallic resistance fan heaters equipped with IP 21 protection, which can, therefore, also be used in the bathroom in total safety.De’Longhi Vertical Edge fan heaters functionality.
However, they are reduced: they are selectable three different levels of heating power ( from 850 to 2000 W ) and the speed of the fan.
The Capsule line of De’Longhi fan heaters is another line characterized by great operational simplicity, which stands out for its very compact dimensions and retro design.
These are small ceramic fans with a rounded shape and equipped with a handle that makes them almost resemble a handbag.
De’Longhi Capsule fan heater, there are two levels of heating power, at 900 and 1800 W respectively, and the fan speed selector.
They do not have IP 21 insulation. Therefore their use in the bathroom is not recommended.
The Vertical Young line by De’Longhi is the simplest and cheapest one proposed by this manufacturer. These are metal resistance fan heaters with compact dimensions and a straightforward design, equipped with fixed power of 2000 W and a fan speed selection knob.
The various models are all the same and differ only in colors. Thanks to the IP 21 protection, moreover, they can also be used serenely in the bathroom.De’Longhi Verticale Young fan heaters De’Longhi Verticale Young HVY 1020 is the classic white version of this model.
Characteristics of Delonghi Heater
After this brief excursus on De’Longhi fan heaters, it is interesting to make a comparison with the other brands on the market for these appliances.
To do this, we choose to follow the path of the five fundamental factors that we have identified for our assessments on fan heaters: this will allow us to highlight the strengths and weaknesses of the De’Longhi brand compared to the competition.
The range offered by De’Longhi is decidedly complete: we have seen how this includes both metallic and ceramic resistance models.
In most cases, there are at least two levels of heating power, with a maximum level of 2200 W in line with the best offer on the market.
The flow rate of the De’Longhi fan heaters is also generally good, that is, the living volume that they can heat effectively: even the most “basic” models in fact heat around 55 m³, while the best ones even reach 70 m³.
As for the functionality of the De’Longhi fan heaters, we must once again remember the breadth of the range offered.
It is, in fact, evident that the simpler models are not equipped with valuable functions, limiting themselves to the selection of the power (where present) and the fan speed.
Fan heater De’Longhi automatic oscillation; however, if we consider the high-end models, De’Longhi stands firmly at the top of the competition for the quality and quantity of the functions offered.
The best models offer a programmable 24 h timer, an automatic oscillation function, summer ventilation (i.e., at room temperature), an integrated thermometer and thermostat, and often also have a remote control supplied.
In some cases, they are also equipped with an elegant LED display that illustrates the temperature conditions in the room and the active functions. These are, of course, ceramic models, in most cases, with IP 21 protection.
From a structural point of view, there is not much to say: in terms of weight and size the De’Longhi fan heaters are not significantly different from the models offered by the competition.
Exceptions are some high-end models with a tilting turret shape and the Capsule line models, which, as we have seen, adopt a rather original design.
As for safety, the De’Longhi fan heaters are impeccable: all models are equipped with double insulation, an automatic shutdown system in the event of overturning, and an overheating thermostat.
A good part of the range is also equipped with IP 21 insulation and is therefore protected against splashing water.
This last point seems particularly relevant to us: it is often possible to make the mistake of purchasing a fan heater to heat the bathroom without checking whether it is suitable for this use.
5. Convenience of Use
We also express a positive opinion about the practicality of use of the De’Longhi fan heaters, whether they are low-end models that are very simple to use by their nature.
In that, we are talking about higher-end models, which, as we have seen, they can be complete with display and remote control.