The electric kettle is a practical and comfortable appliance that allows you to heat the water in a few minutes to enjoy steaming cups of herbal tea, tea or coffee. But what is the best electric kettle? In this article, you will find a selection of the best 2020 models and a buying guide to help you choose the most suitable electric kettle for your needs.
Regardless of the needs, it is always good to have a dedicated appliance in the kitchen to boil water quickly and at the right temperature.
But which electric kettle to choosing? On the market, there are dozens of models of different sizes, materials, features and prices, and selecting the right one is far from simple.
Here we will be listing the top 9 best electric kettles.
- PUREST TASTING WATER - SUPERIOR QUALITY – Made with the finest quality Borosilicate Glass, which lasts a lifetime, 304 stainless steel and heat resistant copolyester for the safest, freshest water. A premium long lasting lid that stays shut when it’s supposed to for years to come, unlike the majority of the others on the market.
- MAXIMUM SAFETY - High quality thermostat controller, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside. Built with a Heat-Resistant Anti-Slip Grip Handle, no worries of it slipping out of your hands or getting burned while holding it. Will not contaminate liquids.
- FASTEST BOIL - Equipped with bright LED’s which indicate the kettle is heating. The controller with Mueller SpeedBoil circuitry will boil the water lightning fast and be ready to use for tea, oatmeal, coffee, pasta and much more.
- VERSATILITY – Completely Cordless when off the base, the Mueller Ultra Kettle teakettle allows you easy and unobstructed pouring. 360° Clear Rotational Glass Body is perfect for precise measuring of water.
- EUROPEAN ENGINEERED – AMERICAN QUALITY ASSURANCE - Your satisfaction is assured so you can buy with confidence and boil happily ever after.
- Electric water kettle with 1.0-liter capacity and 1500 watts of power for fast results (120V-60Hz)
- Cordless design allows for easy filling and serving; Power base with 30-inch power cord for flexible placement, plus cord wrap for compact storage
- Concealed heating element; BPA-free food-contact materials; Removable filter for easy cleaning
- Automatic shutoff with boil-dry protection for safety and peace of mind; Water window for precise filling and checking levels at a glance
- Designed in California. Made with the finest quality borosilicate glass which resists scratching and scuffing, healthier than others because no plastics touch the boiling water inside including the lid, unlike other kettles use plastic for the inner lid
- Safe Tech & Auto Shut Off: Features British STRIX thermostat technology, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside, and its heating element is concealed
- Great Addition to Your Kitchen: knows that your kettle is in the process of boiling when the Blue LED Indicator is on, simple design looks lovely on your counter, light ring concealed inside the glass is safe and durable; Completely cordless when off the base, The kettle rotates 360o for precise measuring of water for convenient pouring and serving
- Quick Boil: water heats up quickly in 3-7mins, a great choice to replace your microwave, stove or your old kettle. Perfect match for Coffee, tea, oatmeal, pasta and much more
- Wide Mouth & Easy to Clean: a wide mouth means both easy cleaning and filling, it allows for easy access to clean those deposits or "rust" away with vinegar or lemon juice
- 【Food grade material】 The electric kettle is made with glass while the inner lid and base are made of food-grade 304 stainless steel. All the water contact surfaces are constructed of food grade material and heat-resistant.
- 【Heat up quickly and quietly】 it will be a big help in quickly boiling or heating water for cooking such as pasta or polenta. Especially in the morning, it heats so fast and enables you to make hot cereals very quickly as well as hot chocolate, etc. Which saves you from being late on most days. Only takes 6 minutes to boil 1. 5L water. No more long time waiting.
- 【Shuts off automatically with boil-dry Protection】The cordless glass electric kettle provides peace of mind through thoughtful details like an auto shut-off safety feature to provide thermal shock protection. 360-Degree swivel base lets you remove the Illuminating cordless kettle for easy pouring and then it can be replaced at any angle.
- 【High-quality, scratch-resistant borosilicate glass design】beautifully crafted from heat resistant glass with the blue light around the rim, it’s both stylish and functional. It provides a visual delight while boiling water as it heats up. Featuring aesthetics as well as durability and ease of use, it’s the perfect addition to your kitchen. Furthermore, it gives you a good view to see inside so that you can clean it thoroughly.
- 【Introducing British Strix thermostat control】The glass kettle is designed to serve many years. It is equipped with British Strix thermostat control. Strix is the world leader in kettle controls, providing safer and stabler performance. Using genuine Strix controls guarantees safety and eliminates the risks associated with using low-quality components.
- Designed in California. This Cosori's Gooseneck Kettle features 5 precise temperature presets, The accurate variable presets allow you to never again burn your coffee or tea leaves. It also has a Keep Warm function that automatically keeps water at the same temperature for 60 minutes
- Turning Off The Ready Tone: The kettle features a ready tone that beep 3 times when the water reached the preset temperature. If you don't want this beep alert. You can press and hold "HOLD TEMP" for 8 seconds to turn beeps on/off
- The Purest Taste: The kettle is made with 100% food-grade stainless steel in its housing, lid, and spout, with no Teflon or chemical linings, which keeps the perfect taste for your coffee and tea
- Precise Pouring: The COSORI's precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate. The counterbalanced handle helps keep your pour steady, handle moves the center of mass back towards your hand - encouraging a more comfortable, slower pour. Pair our pour over coffee maker (search for CO148-CM) for the perfect brew
- Quick Heating: The 1200 watts of power boils a full kettle in just 3-5 minutes, meaning you can enjoy a cup of coffee in no time. Stop wasting your time in front of the microwave or stove. A 1-hour keep warm function means hot water is always on standby
- POWERFUL RAPID-BOIL SYSTEM: This 1.7 liter electric kettle boils water faster than a microwave and safer than using a stovetop kettle perfect for college dorms, offices or kitchens of any size
- KEEP CORDS OUT OF THE WAY: This hot water kettle is cord-free for easy serving, plus heating is convenient and safe with concealed heating element, compatible with any standard 120v outlet.
- AUTO SHUT-OFF: Auto shut-off keeps the electric kettle from boiling dry.
- DRIP-FREE SPOUT: Keep hands safe from hot water while you pour with the drip-free spout on this electric tea kettle.
- WATER LEVEL WINDOW: Easy-to-view water level window ensures you measure the perfect amount every time in your electric kettle.
- 1500-Watt stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element. Dimensions-8.8 x 6.1 x 9.7 inches. Bpa free. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
- 30-Minute keep Warm; 2-minute memory function; 360-degree swivel power base for cordless convenience
- Blue backlit water window; removable/washable scale filter; boil-dry protection with auto safety shutoff
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup. UC Cubic Feet: 0. 47
- 100% Stainless Steel Interior: The double wall kettle liners, inner lid, spout & rim are made of food-grade 304 stainless steel, all plastic is 100% BPA free and does not touch the water to provide healthy water for your family
- Extra-Safe Double Wall Design: The electric kettle’s double wall system made of quality PP material clad with stainless steel to resist scratching and protects users from scalding
- Easy Access Kettle Spout: A wide spout and opening for easy filling and keeping the kettle hygienically clean
- Extraordinary Safety: The electric tea kettle features British Strix thermostat technology, auto shut-off, to ensure user safety, energy saving, and durability
- Fast Boiling Electric Kettle: Boil a full 1.5L / 8 cups in only 6-7 minutes, conveniently prepare hot tea, delicious cocoa, or instant soup and saving time for more important things
- 6 different temperatures for optimal brewing. To bring out the best taste and quality of tea and Coffee, HadinEEon variable temperature electric kettle offers six different Fahrenheit temperatures ( 160℉, 175℉, 185℉, 190℉, 200℉, 212℉) for optimal brewing. Precise temperature control s the perfect brewing. Enjoy the optimal flavor from your tea or coffee with HadinEEon variable temperature electric kettle.
- 1200W Fast & quiet water boiling. Real fast water heating. Utilizing the newest water circling heating technology, HadinEEon variable temp electric kettle can heat water faster and quieter than the most electric kettles on the market. Only takes 5 minutes to boil 1. 5L water. No more long time waiting. Enjoy the fresh tea or coffee with your family right now.
- Water stay warm for 4 hours. Once you activated the keep warm function on the Kettle, The electric tea kettle will keep the water staying in the selected temperature for 4 hours. Always ready for brewing the next cup of tea or coffee and without waiting to heat water again. No matter when lifting up the kettle, The water always stays warm or hot and ready for you to brew a new Warm tea or hot Coffee.
- Safety auto-off & boil-dry protection. Feel safe to leave the kettle alone. The HadinEEon tea kettle will automatically shut off once the water has reached the selected temperature. When the water is nearly dry-out, the glass tea kettle will protect against overheating and switch off automatically.
- Beautiful see-through design. The see-through clead galss design allows you to watch the progress of the boiling water. You could spot any build up and see when it needs to be clean. The lid opens the entire way, allowing for a good cleaning possibilities.
What to Look for Before Buying Best Electric Kettles?
What It Is and What It Is Used For?
Electric kettles are an evolution of the classic version and are used to heat water to be used for tea, coffee, but also to speed up the cooking of the pasta.
By turning on the kettle, an element at the base heats up until the water boils until a sensor automatically turns off the appliance.
In the past, electric kettles had exposed elements, which were subject to limescale deposits that caused the malfunction.
In modern models, the heating element is placed under the plate, so that it does not come into contact with water. The high-end kettles also feature sophisticated heating elements, which save energy.
For example, new generations can guarantee a cup of boiling water in seconds, saving up to 50% of energy. Finally, through the automatic shutdown, the kettle switches off in a few seconds to ensure that electricity is wasted.
Dimensions and Capacities
The first element that differentiates one water boiler from another, is the size or better, to be more precise, its capacity, or the quantity of water that can be inserted inside it fully loaded and that the appliance is capable of bringing to temperature. Usually, there are three macro-categories within which it is possible to place the vast majority of electric kettle models on the market:
Once the water has been heated, as we have already said, it can be used for countless types of preparations or used for hygienic reasons.
It is also true, however, that those who are about to purchase an electric kettle in all probability do so because they are preparing to delve into the vast world of tea and infusions from which they have been fascinated.
Materials, Structure and Functions
Although the electric kettle models differ significantly in the design that characterizes them, they are in any case united by the use of the materials used for their realization.
The most used are, without any doubt, stainless steel and plastic, both suitable for contact with liquids at high temperatures and able to contain them while maintaining their characteristics unchanged.
In both cases, these are carafes that guarantee a useful life of the appliance and excellent resistance to heat and impacts.
If the internal parts of the electric kettles may vary in materials, the coil placed inside the jug is always made of metal, due to the very high temperature that it must reach and transmit to the water.
The loop of the electric kettles can be housed inside the base of the carafe, integrated with it, or visible and in direct contact with water. In both cases, the result will be optimal, even if the coils protected by the base are more hygienic and long-lived.
Better the Electric Kettle or The Teapot?
The teapot is the holy grail of tea lovers. For many, preparing a cup of tea or an infusion is a real ritual, made of precise gestures, sometimes calm and patient.
The teapot, however, unlike the electric kettle, does not use electricity to heat the water but requires the stove and takes about ten minutes to bring the water to a boil.
The electric kettle and best electric knifes is undoubtedly more practical and faster, less expensive, and allows you to have a cup of tea in less than a minute but does not have the magical charm of the teapot.
But if you don’t want to give up your teapot, but you are tickled by the idea of speeding up the preparation time of your infusions, then why not choose a vintage electric kettle?
These models manage to combine all the magic of the teapot with the practicality of the pot as well as having a gorgeous and refined design.
Does the Electric Kettle Hurt?
The electric kettle, in itself, does not hurt, and its use can be easily compared to that of any other pot that we use for cooking food. It is advisable to prefer safe materials, steel and glass first of all, or, in the case of plastic kettles, make sure that this is BPA Free and compatible for food use.
Besides, it is recommended not to boil the same water several times and to clean the kettle after use thoroughly. Every two months you can perform a more thorough cleaning of the saucepan with lemon or white vinegar to eliminate calcareous formations which are inevitable.
Consumption, Cleaning and Care
There is often a tendency to make a balance of consumption before purchasing an appliance, and it is certainly a wise and desirable practice. For those who were wondering how much an electric kettle consumes, it is possible to report here some useful information.
The first thing to consider is the model in question: the smallest electric kettles do not exceed 1000 W of power, while the mediocre ones are between 1200 W and 1700 W.
The models with higher capacity are those that have more consumption. Vital, which can vary from a minimum of 2000 W to a maximum of 2500 W.
Whatever electric kettle you are considering purchasing, however, keep in mind that, even when it comes to very high power, these appliances complete their work in a few minutes, sometimes even in a few seconds, if you refer to models that allow you to heat the liquid corresponding to the capacity of a single cup. For this reason, consumption does not significantly affect the bill, and you can serenely drink your favourite infusion lightly.
Another question that often arises is how to clean an electric kettle. Also, in this case, the procedure is straightforward and requires only a few small precautions, such as that of not letting the base come into contact with liquids, being the area that contains the electrical part.