The electric kettle is a practical and comfortable appliance that allows you to heat the water in a few minutes to enjoy steaming cups of herbal tea, tea or coffee. But what is the best electric kettle? In this article, you will find a selection of the best 2020 models and a buying guide to help you choose the most suitable electric kettle for your needs.
Regardless of the needs, it is always good to have a dedicated appliance in the kitchen to boil water quickly and at the right temperature.
But which electric kettle to choosing? On the market, there are dozens of models of different sizes, materials, features and prices, and selecting the right one is far from simple.
Here we will be listing the top 9 best electric kettles.
- 1500-Watt stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element. Dimensions-8.8 x 6.1 x 9.7 inches. Bpa free. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
- 30-Minute keep Warm; 2-minute memory function; 360-degree swivel power base for cordless convenience
- Blue backlit water window; removable/washable scale filter; boil-dry protection with auto safety shutoff
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup. UC Cubic Feet: 0. 47
- PUREST TASTING WATER - SUPERIOR QUALITY – Made with the finest quality Borosilicate Glass, which lasts a lifetime, 304 stainless steel and heat resistant copolyester for the safest, freshest water. A premium long lasting lid that stays shut when it’s supposed to for years to come, unlike the majority of the others on the market.
- MAXIMUM SAFETY - High quality thermostat controller, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside. Built with a Heat-Resistant Anti-Slip Grip Handle, no worries of it slipping out of your hands or getting burned while holding it. Will not contaminate liquids.
- FASTEST BOIL - Equipped with bright LED’s which indicate the kettle is heating. The controller with Mueller SpeedBoil circuitry will boil the water lightning fast and be ready to use for tea, oatmeal, coffee, pasta and much more.
- VERSATILITY – Completely Cordless when off the base, the Mueller Ultra Kettle teakettle allows you easy and unobstructed pouring. 360° Clear Rotational Glass Body is perfect for precise measuring of water.
- EUROPEAN ENGINEERED – AMERICAN QUALITY ASSURANCE - Your satisfaction is assured so you can buy with confidence and boil happily ever after.
- Electric water kettle with 1.0-liter capacity and 1500 watts of power for fast results (120V-60Hz)
- Cordless design allows for easy filling and serving; Power base with 30-inch power cord for flexible placement, plus cord wrap for compact storage
- Concealed heating element; BPA-free food-contact materials; Removable filter for easy cleaning
- Automatic shutoff with boil-dry protection for safety and peace of mind; Water window for precise filling and checking levels at a glance
- POWERFUL RAPID-BOIL SYSTEM: This 1.7 liter electric kettle boils water faster than a microwave and safer than using a stovetop kettle, perfect for college dorms, offices or kitchens of any size
- KEEP CORDS OUT OF THE WAY: This hot water kettle is cord-free for easy serving, plus heating is convenient and safe with concealed heating element, compatible with any standard 120v outlet.
- AUTO SHUT-OFF: Auto shut-off keeps the electric kettle from boiling dry.
- DRIP-FREE SPOUT: Keep hands safe from hot water while you pour with the drip-free spout on this electric tea kettle.
- WATER LEVEL WINDOW: Easy-to-view water level window ensures you measure the perfect amount every time in your electric kettle.
- Designed in California. Made with the finest quality borosilicate glass which resists scratching and scuffing, healthier than others because all the water contact surfaces are constructed of food-grade material
- Safe Tech & Auto Shut Off: Features British STRIX thermostat technology, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside, and its heating element is concealed
- Great Addition to Your Kitchen: knows that your kettle is in the process of boiling when the Blue LED Indicator is on, simple design looks lovely on your counter, light ring concealed inside the glass is safe and durable; Completely cordless when off the base, The kettle rotates 360o for precise measuring of water for convenient pouring and serving
- Quick Boil: water heats up quickly in 3-7mins, a great choice to replace your microwave, stove or your old kettle. Perfect match for Coffee, tea, oatmeal, pasta and much more
- Wide Mouth & Easy to Clean: a wide mouth means both easy cleaning and filling, it allows for easy access to clean those deposits or "rust" away with vinegar or lemon juice
- Precise Temperature Control Electric Kettle: Choose from 6 preset temperatures to get the best, most flavorful teas, coffees or simply boil cooking water (160°F for Delicate Tea, 175°F for Green Tea, 185°F for White Tea, 190°F for Oolong Tea, 200°F For French Press Coffee. And "Boil" 212°F for Black Tea, Instant Cocoa, Oatmeal, Noodles, and More)
- Keeps Water Warm for 30 Minutes: The Strix temperature control of water kettle ensures an accurate operation, while the ‘Keep Warm’ maintains the desired temperature for 30 minutes
- Built from Food Safe Materials Tea Kettle: Made of stainless steel and BPA-free, the kettle boils water free of contaminants; suitable to prepare infant meals
- 1500W for Quicker Boiling: Heat 1. 7 L in less than 8 minutes and safe valuable time; boil-dry protection shuts off kettle electric when there is no water inside
- Easy and Secure Handling: Safely control the cordless Electric kettle with the neatly arranged touch panel integrated into the thermally insulated handle [Note: the Rated voltage is 120 V]
- Designed in California. This Cosori's Gooseneck Kettle features 5 precise temperature presets, The accurate variable presets allow you to never again burn your coffee or tea leaves. It also has a Keep Warm function that automatically keeps water at the same temperature for 60 minutes
- Turning Off The Ready Tone: The kettle features a ready tone that beep 3 times when the water reached the preset temperature. If you don't want this beep alert. You can press and hold "HOLD TEMP" for 8 seconds to turn beeps on/off
- The Purest Taste: The kettle is made with 100% food-grade stainless steel in its housing, lid, and spout, with no Teflon or chemical linings, which keeps the perfect taste for your coffee and tea
- Precise Pouring: The COSORI's precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate. The counterbalanced handle helps keep your pour steady, handle moves the center of mass back towards your hand - encouraging a more comfortable, slower pour. Pair our pour over coffee maker (search for CO148-CM) for the perfect brew
- Quick Heating: The 1200 watts of power boils a full kettle in just 3-5 minutes, meaning you can enjoy a cup of coffee in no time. Stop wasting your time in front of the microwave or stove. A 1-hour keep warm function means hot water is always on standby
- Slow & Steady Flow: Achieve a perfect saturation with the finely curved gooseneck spout coupled with the ergonomically designed handle which allows for subtle adjustment to flow rate and speed drop by drop
- Precise & Responsive Heating: Set the desired temperature to enjoy coffee between 104°F to boil; only take 2min* (*lab data) to heat your water to 200°F, the perfect brewing temperature, and hold it there for 60mins owing to the built-in NTC thermistor which senses a one-degree change
- Prompt Temperature Checking: Read the real-time water temperature and the target temperature you set from the hidden LED panel on the kettle base
- Durable Performance: Grade 304 full stainless steel kettle from inside out is sleek in design and brings 1200W rapid heating, great coffee doesn't have to wait
- Safe to Use: A combination of auto shut-off at the set temperature and boil-dry protection supports safe operation of the kettle
- ELECTRIC TEA KETTLE: Boil water faster than a microwave & safer than a stovetop with a flip of a switch! This kettle features a 1200 watt heating element, fully detachable 360 degree power base with cord storage & a safe, easy to use design
- BUILT IN SAFETY: This kettle features automatic shut off & boil dry protection as well as a concealed heating element for maximum safety & ease of use. A long gooseneck-style spout is ideal for controlled pours & avoiding dangerous over pours
- TIMELESS FAVORITE: This ceramic tea kettle is a home essential, combining undeniable style and versatility with reliable functionality and safety. Boil hot water for tea, coffee, oatmeal, instant soups and more.
- KITCHEN ESSENTIALS: BELLA offers a full range of high-quality products including air fryers, waffle irons, toasters, coffee makers, electric kettles, slow cookers, espresso machines, griddles & juicers.
- MIX IT UP: The kitchen should be fun. With BELLA It can be. We provide you with quick & convenient kitchen solutions to simplify your hectic life, including small kitchen appliances, cookware & housewares.
What to Look for Before Buying Best Electric Kettles?
What It Is and What It Is Used For?
Electric kettles are an evolution of the classic version and are used to heat water to be used for tea, coffee, but also to speed up the cooking of the pasta.
By turning on the kettle, an element at the base heats up until the water boils until a sensor automatically turns off the appliance.
In the past, electric kettles had exposed elements, which were subject to limescale deposits that caused the malfunction.
In modern models, the heating element is placed under the plate, so that it does not come into contact with water. The high-end kettles also feature sophisticated heating elements, which save energy.
For example, new generations can guarantee a cup of boiling water in seconds, saving up to 50% of energy. Finally, through the automatic shutdown, the kettle switches off in a few seconds to ensure that electricity is wasted.
Dimensions and Capacities
The first element that differentiates one water boiler from another, is the size or better, to be more precise, its capacity, or the quantity of water that can be inserted inside it fully loaded and that the appliance is capable of bringing to temperature. Usually, there are three macro-categories within which it is possible to place the vast majority of electric kettle models on the market:
Once the water has been heated, as we have already said, it can be used for countless types of preparations or used for hygienic reasons.
It is also true, however, that those who are about to purchase an electric kettle in all probability do so because they are preparing to delve into the vast world of tea and infusions from which they have been fascinated.
Materials, Structure and Functions
Although the electric kettle models differ significantly in the design that characterizes them, they are in any case united by the use of the materials used for their realization.
The most used are, without any doubt, stainless steel and plastic, both suitable for contact with liquids at high temperatures and able to contain them while maintaining their characteristics unchanged.
In both cases, these are carafes that guarantee a useful life of the appliance and excellent resistance to heat and impacts.
If the internal parts of the electric kettles may vary in materials, the coil placed inside the jug is always made of metal, due to the very high temperature that it must reach and transmit to the water.
The loop of the electric kettles can be housed inside the base of the carafe, integrated with it, or visible and in direct contact with water. In both cases, the result will be optimal, even if the coils protected by the base are more hygienic and long-lived.
Better the Electric Kettle or The Teapot?
The teapot is the holy grail of tea lovers. For many, preparing a cup of tea or an infusion is a real ritual, made of precise gestures, sometimes calm and patient.
The teapot, however, unlike the electric kettle, does not use electricity to heat the water but requires the stove and takes about ten minutes to bring the water to a boil.
The electric kettle and best electric knifes is undoubtedly more practical and faster, less expensive, and allows you to have a cup of tea in less than a minute but does not have the magical charm of the teapot.
But if you don’t want to give up your teapot, but you are tickled by the idea of speeding up the preparation time of your infusions, then why not choose a vintage electric kettle?
These models manage to combine all the magic of the teapot with the practicality of the pot as well as having a gorgeous and refined design.
Does the Electric Kettle Hurt?
The electric kettle, in itself, does not hurt, and its use can be easily compared to that of any other pot that we use for cooking food. It is advisable to prefer safe materials, steel and glass first of all, or, in the case of plastic kettles, make sure that this is BPA Free and compatible for food use.
Besides, it is recommended not to boil the same water several times and to clean the kettle after use thoroughly. Every two months you can perform a more thorough cleaning of the saucepan with lemon or white vinegar to eliminate calcareous formations which are inevitable.
Consumption, Cleaning and Care
There is often a tendency to make a balance of consumption before purchasing an appliance, and it is certainly a wise and desirable practice. For those who were wondering how much an electric kettle consumes, it is possible to report here some useful information.
The first thing to consider is the model in question: the smallest electric kettles do not exceed 1000 W of power, while the mediocre ones are between 1200 W and 1700 W.
The models with higher capacity are those that have more consumption. Vital, which can vary from a minimum of 2000 W to a maximum of 2500 W.
Whatever electric kettle you are considering purchasing, however, keep in mind that, even when it comes to very high power, these appliances complete their work in a few minutes, sometimes even in a few seconds, if you refer to models that allow you to heat the liquid corresponding to the capacity of a single cup. For this reason, consumption does not significantly affect the bill, and you can serenely drink your favourite infusion lightly.
Another question that often arises is how to clean an electric kettle. Also, in this case, the procedure is straightforward and requires only a few small precautions, such as that of not letting the base come into contact with liquids, being the area that contains the electrical part.