The electric kettle is a practical and comfortable appliance that allows you to heat the water in a few minutes to enjoy steaming cups of herbal tea, tea or coffee. But what is the best electric kettle? In this article, you will find a selection of the best 2020 models and a buying guide to help you choose the most suitable electric kettle for your needs.
Regardless of the needs, it is always good to have a dedicated appliance in the kitchen to boil water quickly and at the right temperature.
But which electric kettle to choosing? On the market, there are dozens of models of different sizes, materials, features and prices, and selecting the right one is far from simple.
Here we will be listing the top 9 best electric kettles.
- Electric water kettle with 1.0-liter capacity and 1500 watts of power for fast results (120V-60Hz)
- Cordless design allows for easy filling and serving; Power base with 30-inch power cord for flexible placement, plus cord wrap for compact storage
- Concealed heating element; BPA-free food-contact materials; Removable filter for easy cleaning
- Automatic shutoff with boil-dry protection for safety and peace of mind; Water window for precise filling and checking levels at a glance
- Adjustable in one-degree increments between 140˚-212˚F (60˚- 98˚C).
- 1000 watts for quick heating
- Real-time temperature display
- Hold Button heats and holds at temperatures between 140˚-208˚F for up to 60 minutes. Temperature Set Button for quick access to preset brewing temperatures
- Count-up timer makes it easy to keep track of the brewing process
- 100% Stainless Steel Interior: The double wall kettle liners, inner lid, spout & rim are made of food-grade 304 stainless steel, all plastic is 100% BPA free and does not touch the water to provide healthy water for your family
- Extra-Safe Double Wall Design: The electric kettle’s double wall system made of quality PP material clad with stainless steel to resist scratching and protects users from scalding
- Easy Access Kettle Spout: A wide spout and opening for easy filling and keeping the kettle hygienically clean
- Extraordinary Safety: The electric tea kettle features British Strix thermostat technology, auto shut-off, to ensure user safety, energy saving, and durability
- Fast Boiling Electric Kettle: Boil a full 1.5L / 8 cups in only 6-7 minutes, conveniently prepare hot tea, delicious cocoa, or instant soup and saving time for more important things
- 1500-Watt stainless-steel cordless electric kettle with 1-2/3-liter capacity and concealed heating element. Dimensions-8.8 x 6.1 x 9.7 inches. Bpa free. Cord length : 36 Inches
- 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature; blue LED indicator lights
- 30-Minute keep Warm; 2-minute memory function; 360-degree swivel power base for cordless convenience
- Blue backlit water window; removable/washable scale filter; boil-dry protection with auto safety shutoff
- Concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup. UC Cubic Feet: 0. 47
- Precise Temperature Control Electric Kettle: Choose from 6 preset temperatures to get the best, most flavorful teas, coffees or simply boil cooking water (160°F for Delicate Tea, 175°F for Green Tea, 185°F for White Tea, 190°F for Oolong Tea, 200°F For French Press Coffee. And "Boil" 212°F for Black Tea, Instant Cocoa, Oatmeal, Noodles, and More)
- Keeps Water Warm for 30 Minutes: The Strix temperature control of water kettle ensures an accurate operation, while the ‘Keep Warm’ maintains the desired temperature for 30 minutes
- Built from Food Safe Materials Tea Kettle: Made of stainless steel and BPA-free, the kettle boils water free of contaminants; suitable to prepare infant meals
- 1500W for Quicker Boiling: Heat 1. 7 L in less than 8 minutes and safe valuable time; boil-dry protection shuts off kettle electric when there is no water inside
- Easy and Secure Handling: Safely control the cordless Electric kettle with the neatly arranged touch panel integrated into the thermally insulated handle [☛☛☛Note: the Rated voltage is 120 V]
- Designed in California. Made with the finest quality borosilicate glass which resists scratching and scuffing, healthier than others because no plastics touch the boiling water inside including the lid, unlike other kettles use plastic for the inner lid
- Safe Tech & Auto Shut Off: Features British STRIX thermostat technology, auto shut-off within 30s after the water is fully boiling. Boil-dry safety feature where it turns off if it detects there is no water inside, and its heating element is concealed
- Great Addition to Your Kitchen: knows that your kettle is in the process of boiling when the Blue LED Indicator is on, simple design looks lovely on your counter, light ring concealed inside the glass is safe and durable; Completely cordless when off the base, The kettle rotates 360º for precise measuring of water for convenient pouring and serving
- Quick Boil: water heats up quickly in 3-7mins, a great choice to replace your microwave, stove or your old kettle. Perfect match for Coffee, tea, oatmeal, pasta and much more
- Wide Mouth & Easy to Clean: a wide mouth means both easy cleaning and filling, it allows for easy access to clean those deposits or "rust" away with vinegar or lemon juice
- Perfect healthy gift for tea&coffee-loving mum. According to the World Health Organization, a water temperature of 158°F (70°C) will kill 99.999% of bacteria, protozoa, and viruses in less than 1 minute. Boiling water is the most effective way to purify drinking water
- Designed in California. This Cosori’s Gooseneck Kettle features 5 precise temperature presets, so your tea is brewed just right. It also has a Keep Warm function that automatically keeps water at the same temperature for 60 minutes. The accurate variable temperature presets allow you to never again burn your coffee or tea leaves. Leaving you with a gourmet cup of coffee or tea whenever you want
- Turning Off The Ready Tone：The kettle features a ready tone that beep 3 times when the water reached the preset temperature. If you don’t want this beep alert. You can press and hold “HOLD TEMP” for 8 seconds to turn beeps on/off
- The Purest Taste: The kettle is made with food-grade stainless steel in its housing, lid, and spout, with no Teflon or chemical linings, which keeps the perfect taste for your coffee and tea. It's durable, rust-free and easy to clean, unlike other kettles use plastic for the inner lid
- Precise Pouring: The COSORI's precision pour spout is designed for the optimal pour-over flow rate. The counterbalanced handle helps keep your pour steady, handle moves the center of mass back towards your hand - encouraging a more comfortable, slower pour. Pair our pour over coffee maker (search for CO148-CM) for the perfect brew
- COMBINING STYLE & DURABILITY – Taking the #1 spot from our best-selling products, the Ovente KG83 Kettle Series is loved by our customers across the USA for its aesthetics, durability, and functionality. It has a halo of blue LED lights that illuminate the pot when it’s in use, and it’s made with heat-tempered, stain-resistant borosilicate glass and stainless steel to last long
- FOR THOSE WHO NEED IT FAST – Need a quick sip of coffee before you head to work? This electric kettle operates on 1100W (120V) and boils a full 1.5L pot of water in 7 minutes or less! It is 50% more efficient than traditional stovetops in reducing your daily electricity use
- ECO-FRIENDLY – Save yourself from the health-associated risks of ingesting harmful chemicals that come from a kettle’s loose BPA particles. This fast-heating cordless boiler is BPA-free, and its heating element is concealed. You’ll be sure that what you’ll get is a clean drinking water that’s safe for you and your kids
- FIRE-SAFE – This one is equipped with auto shut-off feature and boil-dry protection technology: It shuts off on its own when the pot has reached its boiling temperature and switches off the heating element when there is no water in the kettle
- LIMITED 2-YEAR WARRANTY – All Ovente kettles have a two- (2) year warranty period from the date of purchase from an authorized retailer. This warranty only covers defects in workmanship and materials. Please note that you have to provide proof of purchase to request for repair or replacement
- Powerful rapid boil system: This electric kettle boils water faster than a microwave and safer than a stovetop kettle; Perfect for college dorms, offices, or kitchens of any size
- Cord free serving: This hot water kettle is cord-free for safe, easy serving
- Automatic shutoff with boil dry protection: Auto shutoff keeps the electric kettle from boiling dry
- Easy pour spout and removable mesh filter: The easy pour spout comes with a removable mesh filter to keep scale deposits from leaving the kettle
- Concealed heating element: This electric kettle is convenient and safe with concealed heating element, compatible with any standard 120V outlet
What to Look for Before Buying Best Electric Kettles?
What It Is and What It Is Used For?
Electric kettles are an evolution of the classic version and are used to heat water to be used for tea, coffee, but also to speed up the cooking of the pasta.
By turning on the kettle, an element at the base heats up until the water boils until a sensor automatically turns off the appliance.
In the past, electric kettles had exposed elements, which were subject to limescale deposits that caused the malfunction.
In modern models, the heating element is placed under the plate, so that it does not come into contact with water. The high-end kettles also feature sophisticated heating elements, which save energy.
For example, new generations can guarantee a cup of boiling water in seconds, saving up to 50% of energy. Finally, through the automatic shutdown, the kettle switches off in a few seconds to ensure that electricity is wasted.
Dimensions and Capacities
The first element that differentiates one water boiler from another, is the size or better, to be more precise, its capacity, or the quantity of water that can be inserted inside it fully loaded and that the appliance is capable of bringing to temperature. Usually, there are three macro-categories within which it is possible to place the vast majority of electric kettle models on the market:
Once the water has been heated, as we have already said, it can be used for countless types of preparations or used for hygienic reasons.
It is also true, however, that those who are about to purchase an electric kettle in all probability do so because they are preparing to delve into the vast world of tea and infusions from which they have been fascinated.
Materials, Structure and Functions
Although the electric kettle models differ significantly in the design that characterizes them, they are in any case united by the use of the materials used for their realization.
The most used are, without any doubt, stainless steel and plastic, both suitable for contact with liquids at high temperatures and able to contain them while maintaining their characteristics unchanged.
In both cases, these are carafes that guarantee a useful life of the appliance and excellent resistance to heat and impacts.
If the internal parts of the electric kettles may vary in materials, the coil placed inside the jug is always made of metal, due to the very high temperature that it must reach and transmit to the water.
The loop of the electric kettles can be housed inside the base of the carafe, integrated with it, or visible and in direct contact with water. In both cases, the result will be optimal, even if the coils protected by the base are more hygienic and long-lived.
Better the Electric Kettle or The Teapot?
The teapot is the holy grail of tea lovers. For many, preparing a cup of tea or an infusion is a real ritual, made of precise gestures, sometimes calm and patient.
The teapot, however, unlike the electric kettle, does not use electricity to heat the water but requires the stove and takes about ten minutes to bring the water to a boil.
The electric kettle and best electric knifes is undoubtedly more practical and faster, less expensive, and allows you to have a cup of tea in less than a minute but does not have the magical charm of the teapot.
But if you don’t want to give up your teapot, but you are tickled by the idea of speeding up the preparation time of your infusions, then why not choose a vintage electric kettle?
These models manage to combine all the magic of the teapot with the practicality of the pot as well as having a gorgeous and refined design.
Does the Electric Kettle Hurt?
The electric kettle, in itself, does not hurt, and its use can be easily compared to that of any other pot that we use for cooking food. It is advisable to prefer safe materials, steel and glass first of all, or, in the case of plastic kettles, make sure that this is BPA Free and compatible for food use.
Besides, it is recommended not to boil the same water several times and to clean the kettle after use thoroughly. Every two months you can perform a more thorough cleaning of the saucepan with lemon or white vinegar to eliminate calcareous formations which are inevitable.
Consumption, Cleaning and Care
There is often a tendency to make a balance of consumption before purchasing an appliance, and it is certainly a wise and desirable practice. For those who were wondering how much an electric kettle consumes, it is possible to report here some useful information.
The first thing to consider is the model in question: the smallest electric kettles do not exceed 1000 W of power, while the mediocre ones are between 1200 W and 1700 W.
The models with higher capacity are those that have more consumption. Vital, which can vary from a minimum of 2000 W to a maximum of 2500 W.
Whatever electric kettle you are considering purchasing, however, keep in mind that, even when it comes to very high power, these appliances complete their work in a few minutes, sometimes even in a few seconds, if you refer to models that allow you to heat the liquid corresponding to the capacity of a single cup. For this reason, consumption does not significantly affect the bill, and you can serenely drink your favourite infusion lightly.
Another question that often arises is how to clean an electric kettle. Also, in this case, the procedure is straightforward and requires only a few small precautions, such as that of not letting the base come into contact with liquids, being the area that contains the electrical part.