Hand cutting foods characterized by particularly hard consistencies is often a delicate operation that can involve the risk of incurring accidental cuts and finding yourself with annoying pains in the hands and wrists.
To meet this need, you can rely on a fast and safe electric knife that allows you to slice meat, fish, bread, but also fruit and vegetables precisely, without any effort and in a short time.
Here we had selected the latest and most advanced electric knifes for you that are listed below.
- CARVE EASILY – get Thanksgiving-ready with this powerful electric knife that makes easy work of carving meats, vegetables, bread and more
- LOW NOISE & VIBRATION – engineered to offer you all the benefits of a powerful motor without producing excessive noise and vibration
- TWO BLADES – choose from 2 stainless steel blades; a heavy duty blade for cooked, raw & frozen meat; a lighter blade for bread, fruit & vegetables
- DUAL SAFETY SWITCH – prevents unintentional triggering to maximise safety
- DISHWASHER SAFE – once you’ve finished carving, simply place the blades in the dishwasher for easy cleaning. Dimensions: W3” x L11.4” x H5.8”. Weight: 2.4lb
- 9-Inch Stainless Steel Blades
- Comfort Grip Handle - The ergonomic handle gives added control during slicing
- Dishwasher-Safe Removable Parts
- Safety Lock Button - Prevents the knife from turning on while it's plugged in
- Blade Release Button - Unlocks the blades for easy removal
- CONVERT YOUR KNIVES: Ideal for converting traditional 20-degree factory edges of household knives into high performance Trizor XV 15-degree edges
- DIAMONDS: Advanced stropping stage and 100 percent diamond abrasives for sharpening straight edge and serrated blades. Noise is between 65 dB and 75 dB
- EASY TO USE: Advanced, patented flexible spring guides for automatic adjustment and accurate control of the sharpening angle and feature simple on/off switch
- THREE STAGES: 3-Stage EdgeSelect sharpening system for optimum versatility in providing the perfect edge for each cutting task. Stages 1 and 2 are plated with 100-percent diamond abrasives to sharpen and hone the edge and stage 3 uses a patented flexible abrasive system to polish and help prolong the life of serrated knives
- RAZOR SHARP: The 15 Trizor XV combines the strength and durability of the Trizor edge with the flawless, ultra-sharp 15-degree XV technology. Time Required to sharpen is approximately 1 minute for first time sharpening and resharpening is approximately 10 seconds
- Dimensions: 8.5” handle length and weighs 1.11 pounds
- Ease of use: Non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with a trigger guard for added security
- Durable: Dual-rivet blade design is coated in TiN stainless steel and features an ergonomic trigger
- Convenient: Blades are removable for easy cleaning and can be stored in a special section of the zippered storage case and the handle features an LED battery life indicator to ensure you always have a functioning knife
- Includes: 7” E-FLEX, 9” E-FLEX, 9” E-STIFF and 12” E-STIFF blades, wall charger, (2) lithium ion batteries and a premium EVA case for storage and transport
- Fillet with Ease: The PRO Series motor boasts 2X more torque than any other "Heavy-Duty" EFK so big bones never slow you down.
- Fillet Season After Season: Superior Drive Train components and design gives the PRO Series 4X the lifespan of any other "Heavy-Duty" EFK
- Fillet Comfortably: Advanced airflow design keeps the PRO Series ergonomic handset cool for hours of continuous filleting.
- Fillet like a PRO: Commercial Fisherman and Guide Services choose the American Angler PRO Series more than any other EFK. Backed by a 2-Year Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Fillet to Perfection:The EFK PRO series handset is compatible with all variations of American Angler Replacement including the 8-Inch Curved Replacement Blade (31018DS) and the 8-Inch Curved Replacement Shark Blade (31018DS).
- Made of highest quality material
- Manufacturer: Rapala
- Rapala heavy duty electric Fillet knife
- Heavy Duty Motor
- 7 1/2" dishwasher safe reciprocating blades
- Dimensions: 8.5 inch handle length, 8 feet power cord and weighs 1.11 pounds
- Ease of use: Non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with a trigger guard for added security
- Durable: Dual rivet blade design is coated in TiN stainless steel and features an ergonomic trigger
- Convenient: Blades are removable for easy cleaning and can be stored in a special section of the zippered storage case
- Includes: 7 inch E FLEX, 9 inch E FLEX, 9 inch E STIFF and 12 inch E STIFF blades and a premium EVA case for storage and transport
- Effortlessly cut meats: cutting a turkey, ham or roast beef can be a big undertaking with a basic carving knife. The oscillating, double blade and power of the electric knife simplifies this task, letting you make precise cuts with little work.
- Perfectly slice bread: from a warm, crispy Baguette to a homemade loaf of light White, The Hamilton Beach electric knife lets you slice a wide variety of breads without compromising their texture
- Keep all parts together: don’t Scramble to find Parts again. The included storage case keeps the knife, blade and fork protected and easily accessible in one space-saving place
- Stainless steel blade and fork: carve and serve with the included blade and fork.
- Ergonomic Handle: designed for Comfort, The handle gives you better control no matter what you’re cutting.
- CREATES UNIFORM SLICES: Carve, cut and slice with ease! The Chefman Electric Knife has reciprocating dual serrated blades and carving fork to add precision and power to any slicing task. With an ergonomic handle for easy right or left-handed use, carve meats, cheeses, breads and more!
- PERFECT FOR HOLIDAYS AND EVERYDAY USE: In addition to slicing various types of meat, such as large roasts, turkey, chicken, ham and steak, the Electric Knife may also be used to slice bread; fruits, such as small to medium sized melons and pineapple; vegetables, such as tomatoes and eggplant; and soft to medium-hard cheeses, such as fresh mozzarella and cheddar.
- ONE TOUCH ON/OFF AND SAFETY LOCK: The one-touch trigger control power switch has an integrated safety button which locks the knife when it is not in use and prevents accidental blade activation. Store your Electric Knife away in the included storage case for safe and space saving storage.
- DISHWASHER SAFE PARTS: After each use, just press the easy blade release button to remove the blade and carefully hand wash or put in the dishwasher; the blades and carving fork are dishwasher safe making for easy and quick cleaning. Make sure not to immerse the cord in water.
- RESOURCES: cETL approved with advanced safety technology for long lasting durability, & 1-year provided by Chefman, so you can purchase worry-free - we've got your back! For information on how to use your product, scroll down for a PDF User Guide. 120 Watts & Volts.
- Carve a Whole Thanksgiving Turkey, Ham, Bread and even Soft Cheese
- Two stainless steel reciprocating blades that create slices of uniform thickness
- Comfortable easy to grip ergonomically designed handle with fork to hold meat in place during slicing
- Bonus Free Carving Fork and Compact Storage Case Included
- The Hamilton Beach Knife is the best electric carving knife on the market
- THANKSGIVING DINNER READY: The electric carving knife for meat is perfect for Thanksgiving or any time of the year when you want perfectly sliced turkey, chicken, steak, pork, cheese or even toast
- FOOD PREP MADE EASY: The electrical carving knife makes preparing meals a breeze with its extra sharp grooved serrated blades. Slice with ease and satisfy even your most impatient dinner guest
- REMOVABLE BLADES: The electric kitchen carving knife features removable blades and a stain-resistant housing, that makes the dreaded clean-up process a simple one. Simply snap blades into place when needed
- LIGHTWEIGHT & ERGONOMIC: The carving electric knife is well-designed for easy-grip, allowing for precise cuts and greatly reducing the risk of an accident
- SIMPLE PLUG-IN DESIGN: The hand carving knife electrical includes a 120V 3.4-foot power cord, a simple button control operation that makes for a hassle-free experience
Buying Guide to Select the Best Electric Knife
Known primarily as a tool for cutting roasts, the electric knife is part of that category of small appliances indispensable in any kitchen. It represents the most valid aid to facilitate the cutting operations of a great variety of foods.
In particular, those difficult to cut by hand, but also to speed up the slicing of larger quantities of food during lunches and dinners with numerous diners.
When it is essential to keep regular and harmonious pieces in the serving dishes, to guarantee everyone the same portion of delights, among the most common uses, we recognize two main applications:
- Foods with a tough consistency
- Soft foods that require precision
With the help of electric kitchen knives, you can cut ribs and other sections of cooked, raw and even frozen meat, effortlessly carved pumpkins, pineapples, watermelons, hard cheeses, fresh, stale or frozen bread and more, in general, all those foods that require a lot of strength to be sliced by hand homogeneously.
In these cases, for those who cut, there are high chances of finding themselves with pains in the hands and arms due to the excessive pressure to be applied during the operation, plus the high risks deriving from sudden or sudden movements of the food, which can cause tip or cutting injuries.
However, the usefulness of the electric knife is not limited to solving the problem of risks and fatigue when cutting too hard food but also extends to those foods which, although characterized by softer textures, require exceptionally blade movement delicate and light.
At the same time, sharp and decisive, very complicated to obtain with an excellent hand tool, even the most intelligent, if you are not already an expert chef. Among these more complex foods, we find tender meat roasts, fish carpaccio, sausages, salami, and medium-aged cheeses, but also sponge cake and other types of soft desserts that tend to shatter and crumble.
The structure of the electric knife includes a small motor, the power of which varies from a minimum of 100 W to a maximum of 250 W in professional electric razors. The engine can activate the rapid horizontal movement of the blade body.
The latter generally consisting of a pair of slabs placed side by side, which move together to effectively penetrate even the most consistent food, creating homogeneous and well-defined slices.
Thanks to this structure, the electric hacksaw for meat and other foods facilitates cutting operations for anyone and, in particular, for people who are older or who cannot make excessive efforts due to reduced physical possibilities.
Power Supply and Handle
In assessing which electric knife for meat, bread, vegetables, and other foods best meets your needs, it is necessary to consider another crucial technical aspect, that of the mode of feeding. In this sense, we are faced with two possibilities:
- Rechargeable and wireless
- With power cable
In both options, the motor is electrically powered, with the difference that in the first case, the appliance works only if hooked to the electrical socket via a power cable, which is usually quite long, around 1.50 m, exceeding in some cases 1,80 m.
The voltage required is that common to most household appliances, from 220-240 V with 50-50 Hz frequency. The second possibility is that of a cordless electric knife, in which a lithium battery is installed, rechargeable via a transformer with a jack connection or via a charging base.
The type powered directly to the mains has higher power and efficiency and is not subject to a drop in operation in the event of a depletion of the charge. The cordless electric knife can be used outside the home for outdoor lunches and dinners where there is no electrical outlet.
The cordless electric knife is the right solution if you are often out for barbecues or picnics. However, it requires constant monitoring of the battery charge level so as not to run the risk of draining it in times of greatest need.
Another essential aspect to consider in the choice, which concerns more the structural characteristics of this type of appliance, is the handle.
In general, the electric knife in all its variants has an ergonomic handle. It is rather easy to handle thanks to its minimal dimensions, on average 45 x 9 x 6 cm and a weight ranging from 540 gr to 900 gr. From the structure, we can have:
- Handle with handle
- Handle without handle
A handle with a handle is separate from the engine compartment; for this reason, the vibrations emitted during operation are perceived to a lesser extent.
With some exceptions, this arrangement is typical of the category with power cable. It has slightly larger dimensions, which are instead contained in the case of a handle without a handle, standard on the rechargeable electric knife.
In this option, the handle and the engine compartment coincide, and the perception of the vibrations emitted will be more intense. On the other hand, the dimensions of this category of products are more contained, more manageable, and with a shape more similar to that of a real boxcutter.
In any case, the grip is effortless to maintain. It is comfortable both for those who use the right hand and for those who use the left with the further possibility, on some solutions, of changing the inclination of the handle to orient it in the most comfortable position for your hand.
It is an easy-to-use tool but also to be preserved as it is not very bulky, too, some models can be hung on the wall utilizing special hooks, or placed on supports with compartments for the blades or bases included in the package.
Security and Maintenance
From a safety point of view, it is essential to follow some necessary recommendations when using the electric knife, due to its particularly sharp blades.
First of all, it is always advisable to release the latter still using the appropriate extraction button and insert them using protection to avoid accidental cuts.
Most devices of this type have a series of safety systems, suitably designed to guarantee the prevention of accidents and damage to the operating mechanism. The main ones are:
- Protective case
- Blade lock button
- Ventilation openings
- Eject button
- Finger protection accessory
- Overheating block
Often we find a comfortable case or protective case in which to insert the sharp blades so as not to keep them exposed even when they are stored. T
o extract them, and it is always necessary to use the select ejection button, and to insert them, it is advisable to use small finger protection usually positioned at the base of the cutting component, useful to operate the pressure necessary to fit it into its housing.
It is essential to protect the hand during the operating phase, especially when working on small foods and when we use an electric knife for frozen foods.
The impact of the thick blades with the hard surface of the food requires particular attention and a firm grip. For this reason, it can be useful to wear a special anti-cut glove for total protection.
Also, some models currently on the market have an essential safety feature, the lock button, which, when activated, blocks the electric movement even if the appliance is connected to the power outlet.
This is useful if there are children in the environment in which you operate, but also when you have to interrupt the process to carry out other operations and do not want to risk accidentally activating the electric mechanism.
In some models, there is also a locking system in case of overheating, an event that could occur after very high use without the appropriate breaks. This function locks the electric knife if the internal temperature is higher than the optimal limits.
In this sense, it is good to make sure that the product we are buying has appropriate openings, aimed at ensuring correct ventilation and air circulation.
This type of appliance useful for cutting and slicing does not require particular steps for correct maintenance. The blade component after a specific time may need sharpening through a knife sharpener, readily available in physical stores and online, or through an expert in the sector who will do it for us.
However, this is a rather rare event, since most models are equipped with self-sharpening blades, which sharpen each other during the horizontal mechanical movement.