Hand cutting foods characterized by particularly hard consistencies is often a delicate operation that can involve the risk of incurring accidental cuts and finding yourself with annoying pains in the hands and wrists.
To meet this need, you can rely on a fast and safe electric knife that allows you to slice meat, fish, bread, but also fruit and vegetables precisely, without any effort and in a short time.
Here we had selected the latest and most advanced electric knifes for you that are listed below.
- GREAT FOR MEATS, BREAD & CRAFTS: The electric knife effortlessly carves ham, turkey, roasts, and other meats, and artisan and...
- SLICE QUICKLY & EVENLY: The electric carving knife's powerful 120 watt motor and reciprocating stainless steel blades with...
- EASY STORAGE: The compact storage case keeps the knife, blades and carving fork neatly stored together in one place.
- ERGONOMIC, LIGHTWEIGHT DESIGN: The electric knife is lightweight and has an ergonomic, hand-contoured grip that's designed to fit...
- PLENTY OF REACH WITH 5 FOOT CORD: The extra-long cord makes it easy to carve large meats at the table and is great for cutting...
- Powerful and easy to use. Cord length : 36 Inches
- One-touch on/off operation
- Ergonomic handle, comfortable for right- and left-handers
- Stainless steel blade cuts through meats, breads, vegetables and more
- Blade is removable and dishwasher safe
- Stainless Steel Blades - The serrated blades saw rapidly and evenly through meats, breads, foam, and more. Plus, they never need...
- Comfort Grip Handle - The ergonomic handle is engineered to increase comfort and control during slicing.
- Dishwasher-Safe Parts - The removable blades are dishwasher-safe for fast and easy cleanup.
- Safety Lock Button - Get peace of mind with the lock button, which prevents the knife from turning on while it’s plugged in.
- Blade Release Button - One press of the blade release button unlocks the blades for easy removal.
- 💪 FAST & EASY SLICING: HOMAIDER Electric Knife allows you to make perfectly even slices fast and without having to apply much...
- 👍 HIGH QUALITY & ERGONOMIC DESIGN: HOMAIDER Electric Carving Knife features an ergonomic handle for comfortable product...
- 😎 LOW NOISE & VIBRATION: Clever product design provides you with all the power needed to easily and quickly carve through the...
- 🛡 DUAL SAFETY LOCK: A specially designed safety lock feature keeps the blade locked in place to avoid accidental activation and...
- ✅ U.S. BASED CUSTOMER SUPPORT: Each Product includes a 1 Year Cover provided by HOMAIDER in addition to the Amazon 30-days...
- Dimensions: 8.5” handle length and weighs 1.11 pounds
- Ease of use: Non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with a trigger guard for added...
- Durable: Dual-rivet blade design is coated in TiN stainless steel and features an ergonomic trigger
- Convenient: Blades are removable for easy cleaning and can be stored in a special section of the zippered storage case and the...
- Includes: 7” E-FLEX, 9” E-FLEX, 9” E-STIFF and 12” E-STIFF blades, wall charger, (2) lithium ion batteries and a premium...
- RECHARGEABLE CORDLESS HANDLE – Removable recharging cable allows easy access around the kitchen with ease without a cumbersome...
- FOUR STAINLESS STEEL BLADES - This electric knife features two sets of reciprocating, serrated blades with safety finger guards.
- MULTIPURPOSE USE - Perfect for slicing meats, great for breads. Easily carve through everything from ham, turkey, bread loaves,...
- EASY ONE-TOUCH TRIGGER - A simple trigger button lets you safely activate your electric carving knife and disconnects power as...
- 1-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY and US-BASED Customer Support Team lets you buy with confidence. Maxi-Matic has been providing quality...
- DIMENSIONS: 16.5 inch (41.9 cm) overall length with a blade length of 8 inches (20.3 cm) and a weight of 1.4 lbs
- EASE OF USE: Textured comfort grip for confident knife control and battery indicator to ensure you always have a functioning knife
- DURABLE: Blade is made of reliable Stainless Steel and is removable for easy cleaning
- SECURE: Have confidence in your cuts with the added security of the safety lock
- CONVENIENT: Knife can be easily stored in the carrying bag (included)
- SAFETY LOCK: This electric kitchen knife by NutriChef has a safety lock feature that keeps the blade in place to ensure your...
- CONSISTENT SLICES: The product makes consistent slice without the use of sawing motion or excessive pressure. Comes with a bread...
- STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: The two included heavy duty blades of this powerful motorized slicer knife are made with stainless steel...
- ERGONOMIC DESIGN: The portable electrical food knife also features an Ergonomically Designed Handle for Comfortable Handling and...
- WOODEN BLOCK: The set includes a Hand Crafted Premium Hardwood Butcher Block that can be stored flat inside a drawer or assembled...
- 【Perfect Fish Cutting Set】Mershca Cordless Electric Fillet Knife is the ideal professional fish cutting set.It is equipped...
- 【2 Removable Battery】Our Set have 2 replaceable rechargeable batteries. It works for 40 minutes on a full charge, you can...
- 【5 Ti-Nitride S.S. coated blades】5 replacement knives of different sizes. 5.5”: Crappie, Bream, Trout, Yellow Perch,...
- 【Non-Slip Grip Handle & Safe Lock】Non-slip grip handle for outstanding grip security providing ultimate knife control with a...
- 【Easy To Carry & 1 year Product Warranty】Our fish knives come with a high quality storage handbag, so you can pack all your...
- Double the speed
- Three times the power
- Relaxed grip body
- Heavy Duty Motor
- 7 1/2" dishwasher safe reciprocating blades
- 【Slimmer Design One-Hand Operation】The one-touch on/off trigger and ergonomic contoured grip handle make one-hand operation...
- 【1s Power-On, 30s Automatic Power-Off 】Get safety lock with the "Power" button, prevents the knife from accidental activation....
- 【23% More Torque, 30% More Efficiency, 100% More Power】Compared with most "plastic gears" knife on the market, our electric...
- 【Rechargeable Cordless Electric Knife】The Lithium-ion cordless design without cord limited, makes it portable indoor and...
- 【Dishwasher-Safe & Quick-Release Removable】 Serrated Stainless-Steel Dual Blade is removable, easy insert "Click" to lock...
Buying Guide to Select the Best Electric Knife
Known primarily as a tool for cutting roasts, the electric knife is part of that category of small appliances indispensable in any kitchen. It represents the most valid aid to facilitate the cutting operations of a great variety of foods.
In particular, those difficult to cut by hand, but also to speed up the slicing of larger quantities of food during lunches and dinners with numerous diners.
When it is essential to keep regular and harmonious pieces in the serving dishes, to guarantee everyone the same portion of delights, among the most common uses, we recognize two main applications:
- Foods with a tough consistency
- Soft foods that require precision
With the help of electric kitchen knives, you can cut ribs and other sections of cooked, raw and even frozen meat, effortlessly carved pumpkins, pineapples, watermelons, hard cheeses, fresh, stale or frozen bread and more, in general, all those foods that require a lot of strength to be sliced by hand homogeneously.
In these cases, for those who cut, there are high chances of finding themselves with pains in the hands and arms due to the excessive pressure to be applied during the operation, plus the high risks deriving from sudden or sudden movements of the food, which can cause tip or cutting injuries.
However, the usefulness of the electric knife is not limited to solving the problem of risks and fatigue when cutting too hard food but also extends to those foods which, although characterized by softer textures, require exceptionally blade movement delicate and light.
At the same time, sharp and decisive, very complicated to obtain with an excellent hand tool, even the most intelligent, if you are not already an expert chef. Among these more complex foods, we find tender meat roasts, fish carpaccio, sausages, salami, and medium-aged cheeses, but also sponge cake and other types of soft desserts that tend to shatter and crumble.
The structure of the electric knife includes a small motor, the power of which varies from a minimum of 100 W to a maximum of 250 W in professional electric razors. The engine can activate the rapid horizontal movement of the blade body.
The latter generally consisting of a pair of slabs placed side by side, which move together to effectively penetrate even the most consistent food, creating homogeneous and well-defined slices.
Thanks to this structure, the electric hacksaw for meat and other foods facilitates cutting operations for anyone and, in particular, for people who are older or who cannot make excessive efforts due to reduced physical possibilities.
Power Supply and Handle
In assessing which electric knife for meat, bread, vegetables, and other foods best meets your needs, it is necessary to consider another crucial technical aspect, that of the mode of feeding. In this sense, we are faced with two possibilities:
- Rechargeable and wireless
- With power cable
In both options, the motor is electrically powered, with the difference that in the first case, the appliance works only if hooked to the electrical socket via a power cable, which is usually quite long, around 1.50 m, exceeding in some cases 1,80 m.
The voltage required is that common to most household appliances, from 220-240 V with 50-50 Hz frequency. The second possibility is that of a cordless electric knife, in which a lithium battery is installed, rechargeable via a transformer with a jack connection or via a charging base.
The type powered directly to the mains has higher power and efficiency and is not subject to a drop in operation in the event of a depletion of the charge. The cordless electric knife can be used outside the home for outdoor lunches and dinners where there is no electrical outlet.
The cordless electric knife is the right solution if you are often out for barbecues or picnics. However, it requires constant monitoring of the battery charge level so as not to run the risk of draining it in times of greatest need.
Another essential aspect to consider in the choice, which concerns more the structural characteristics of this type of appliance, is the handle.
In general, the electric knife in all its variants has an ergonomic handle. It is rather easy to handle thanks to its minimal dimensions, on average 45 x 9 x 6 cm and a weight ranging from 540 gr to 900 gr. From the structure, we can have:
- Handle with handle
- Handle without handle
A handle with a handle is separate from the engine compartment; for this reason, the vibrations emitted during operation are perceived to a lesser extent.
With some exceptions, this arrangement is typical of the category with power cable. It has slightly larger dimensions, which are instead contained in the case of a handle without a handle, standard on the rechargeable electric knife.
In this option, the handle and the engine compartment coincide, and the perception of the vibrations emitted will be more intense. On the other hand, the dimensions of this category of products are more contained, more manageable, and with a shape more similar to that of a real boxcutter.
In any case, the grip is effortless to maintain. It is comfortable both for those who use the right hand and for those who use the left with the further possibility, on some solutions, of changing the inclination of the handle to orient it in the most comfortable position for your hand.
It is an easy-to-use tool but also to be preserved as it is not very bulky, too, some models can be hung on the wall utilizing special hooks, or placed on supports with compartments for the blades or bases included in the package.
Security and Maintenance
From a safety point of view, it is essential to follow some necessary recommendations when using the electric knife, due to its particularly sharp blades.
First of all, it is always advisable to release the latter still using the appropriate extraction button and insert them using protection to avoid accidental cuts.
Most devices of this type have a series of safety systems, suitably designed to guarantee the prevention of accidents and damage to the operating mechanism. The main ones are:
- Protective case
- Blade lock button
- Ventilation openings
- Eject button
- Finger protection accessory
- Overheating block
Often we find a comfortable case or protective case in which to insert the sharp blades so as not to keep them exposed even when they are stored. T
o extract them, and it is always necessary to use the select ejection button, and to insert them, it is advisable to use small finger protection usually positioned at the base of the cutting component, useful to operate the pressure necessary to fit it into its housing.
It is essential to protect the hand during the operating phase, especially when working on small foods and when we use an electric knife for frozen foods.
The impact of the thick blades with the hard surface of the food requires particular attention and a firm grip. For this reason, it can be useful to wear a special anti-cut glove for total protection.
Also, some models currently on the market have an essential safety feature, the lock button, which, when activated, blocks the electric movement even if the appliance is connected to the power outlet.
This is useful if there are children in the environment in which you operate, but also when you have to interrupt the process to carry out other operations and do not want to risk accidentally activating the electric mechanism.
In some models, there is also a locking system in case of overheating, an event that could occur after very high use without the appropriate breaks. This function locks the electric knife if the internal temperature is higher than the optimal limits.
In this sense, it is good to make sure that the product we are buying has appropriate openings, aimed at ensuring correct ventilation and air circulation.
This type of appliance useful for cutting and slicing does not require particular steps for correct maintenance. The blade component after a specific time may need sharpening through a knife sharpener, readily available in physical stores and online, or through an expert in the sector who will do it for us.
However, this is a rather rare event, since most models are equipped with self-sharpening blades, which sharpen each other during the horizontal mechanical movement.