Electrostimulation is also called electrotherapy because it consists precisely of a therapy in which the emission of an electrical impulse is used to induce a muscle contraction in one or more areas of the body, similar to that which the human muscular system naturally realizes.
Our body manages to contract the muscles starting from a current that is supplied to it by the central nervous system and which, crossing the motor nervous pathways, reaches the receptors located in the muscles.
This natural process can be artificially reproduced through a particular device called an electro stimulator.
Here we had listed out the best electro-stimulators that are present below.
- Citkovitz, Claudia (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 352 Pages - 12/19/2019 (Publication Date) - Singing Dragon (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Kruger, P (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 15 Pages - 01/14/2014 (Publication Date) - Paul C. Kruger (Publisher)
- Customized relief: The innoHaus TENS unit is designed to provide you customized relief. Our reusable system is ideal for use on the lower back, shoulders, elbows, thighs, knees, calves and ankles.
- Muscle stimulation: The electrical impulses of the TENS device help to stimulate & relax the muscles. The 4 electrodes can be attached anywhere on the body, so you can treat the exact desired area.
- Electrode placement: designed for customized relief, The digital display shows electrode placement so you can easily select from the 15 Available programs for the targeted therapy your body needs.
- Digital display: the digital display panel shows the electrode pad placement options for the selected program (choose from a total of 15), remaining time, and features an automatic switch-off.
- Ideal for: this TENS device is ideal for use on the lower back, shoulders, elbows, thighs, knees, calves and ankles. The device is programmed with 12 training programs and 3 customizable programs.
- Reduce Irritability and fatigue due to sleep disorders caused by cervical spondylitis
- with ergonomic U-design,The use of low-frequency electrical pulse, magnetic effect,loop traction three-synchronous treatments to form high-performance composite energy field.Latest portable electronic snap-on neck massaging device for wellness and well being as well as prevention of cervical neck pain,headache, shoulder pain.
- Electric pulse simulation of traditional Chinese medicine five massage techniques of massage techniques to promote blood circulation, relax the local muscles, electrode pads designed to achieve double massage effect,relax massage mode, scraping mode, hammer tapping mode, acupuncture mode, massage mode.
- intensity levels from Low to High offer you a multi-functional massage experience, suitable for different people's strength needs in a family.
- would make a perfect gift for a loved one of any age.
- TIRED LEGS? Thanks to EMS circulatory stimulation, the FM250 improves blood circulation in the feet and legs, relieves muscle tension, and helps to reduce fatigue and pain after a long day.
- VERSATILE EMS: Electrotherapy is ideal for muscle regeneration, neuropathy pain relief, and strength building. The non-invasive method sends gentle electrical pulses through the skin via electrostimulation.
- STEP FUNCTION: In addition to promoting blood flow with EMS, Vital Legs, FM250 also has a progressive function for rehabilitation. It helps to mobilize the joints for muscle stiffness and leg pain relief.
- COMFORTABLE CONTROL: On top of the control buttons placed directly on the unit, you can use the remote control included which makes it easier to control while sitting down.
- THE FULL PACKAGE: The EMS device features intensity levels from 1 to 99, a timer function (5-90 minutes) and additional cuffs for the lower leg region as well as 6 self-adhesive electrodes.
- 【Memory Function】No needs to re-adjust the intensity every time you switch a mode, when you want to switch modes, the memory chip of tens machine for pain management will remember the intensity of the previous mode.
- 【32 Modes】The ems muscle stimulator has 32 massage modes for your options,32 modes including Knocking,Acupuncture,Cuppe,Tapping,Shiatsu-Deep,Sensitive Parts Massage Mode and so on.
- 【Dual Channel】Muscle stimulator for pain relief 2 channels design for two people or two different body area.Electric shock therapy for muscles by sending electrical pulses through electrodes pads placed on the skin to underlying nerve fibers.
- 【Longer Continuous Use Time】Built in Powerful Rechargeable Lithium Battery-- more than 24 Hours of Continuous Use.You can use the electronic pulse massager for a long time without charging.
- 【10 Reusable TENS Pads】The included ems unit birth simulator pads can provide excellent self-stick performance .These pads are 1mm thicker than classic pin-style one, can stick to your skin more firmly.
- Increases muscle strength
- Improves circulation
- Improves general fitness
- Increases bone density; Combats cellulite
- If you suffer from joint problems, have a heart condition or use a pacemaker, we recommend seeking medical advice before using a vibration trainer
- WHAT IS IT? – HealthmateForever HM8GL tens unit is not only the best PAIN RELIEF device by blocking the pain signal from nerves, but also can help toning, firming and improving the strength of the gluteal muscles by using Mode 7 (Body Building).
- FEATURES - 8 preprogrammed massage like modes in a rectangle design: Tuina (Push & Pull), Acupuncture, Tapping, Guasha (Scraping), Cupping, Body Building, Body Building2, and Combination; Adjustable 10-60 minute timer by using T button; 20 levels of adjustable intensity (strength), you can use + button increases intensity or – button decreases intensity of mode.
- - Simultaneous dual output design, allows 4 pads to be applied to the two different targeted areas at the same time. Easy to read animated backlit LCD Display. Rechargeable internal lithium battery - up to 10 hours of continuous use. A pause button you can click in less than a second if an emergency happens.
- EFFECTIVE - The advanced technology sends out multiple preset electrical therapeutic waves through the electrodes. These waves stimulate the combination of deep tissue pain relief techniques and various muscle movements, relieving muscle tension; this unit is lightweight, you can stimulate your nerves and muscles and relax your body-anytime anywhere; completely drug-free; the LCD display with new featured backlight shows you at a glance exactly what you need for your targeted mode.
- WHY CHOOSE US? – HealthmateForever is the #1 brand for the pain relief device, which has exceed 50 kinds of Tens Unit on Amazon; More than 10 thousand 5 stars customer reviews in all on Amazon; High quality - doctor recommended; Portable and easy to use; 100 percent drug-free; Safe and effective for home use (FDA cleared )
- The perfect tens machine PAIN RELIEF device by sending electrical pulses through electrodes pads placed on the skin to underlying nerve fibers,it can help to ease the sub-health, relieve tiredness and shoulder tension, improve sleeping quality and activate collaterals to relief your body pain.
- Simultaneous 2 dual channel design for two person or two different body area. Designed with "A" and "B"channel, 16 modes and 20 levels of strength, you can enjoy 2 different modes and strength with 2 electrode wires. you can use "+" button increases intensity or "-"button decreases intensity of mode.
- Designed with 16 rectangle preprogrammed massage modes：16 modes totally: Knocking, Acupuncture,Cupping,Tapping,Shiatsu-Deep,Sensitive Parts Massage Mode and so on. We suggested that you initially experiment using each of the 16 modes. The mode that gives you the most desirable sensations and comfort is the most appropriate one to use for your current condition.
- Reusable TENS Pads: The included electrode pads can provide excellent self-stick performance for up to 20 levers intensity. These pads are 1mm thicker than classic pin-style one, can stick to your skin more firmly. They’re also conveniently pre-gelled, just add a few drops of water on the pads will increase their longevity, providing reliability you simply can’t find anywhere else.
- Easy to control and animated backlit LCD Display: Massage mode, 20 level of strength and 20 minutes default timer, can adjustable from 10-60 minutes. no matter in daylight or dark ,you can easily control it. Besides, rechargeable internal lithium battery - up to 10 hours of continuous use. And PAIN RELIEF device is recharging like a cell phone, just connecting it to wall outlet or any USB port to charge.
- The TENS unit muscle stimulator and electric massager provides pain relief, acts as a muscle massager or shoulder massager, provides carpal tunnel relief, and acts as a muscle relaxer(great for muscle recovery)
- 【Powerful Pulse Massager】 - The TENS unit sent electrical current via the leads to the pads on your skin to help ease body pain, like back, knee, shoulder, neck and elbow pain; improve sport injures, arthritis and sciatica; stimulate muscle, enhances blood circulation, ease tiredness, enhances immunity, improve sleep quality
- 【16 PREPROGRAMMED MASSAGE MODES 】Tuina, acupuncture, shiatsu, rubbing, vibration, pinching, foot reflexology, ear kneading options help diminish the sensation of physical pain like sciatica, arthritic or inflamed discs/joints, stiff shoulders, lower back pain, stepping etc for reliefing body stress and pain, to be healthier and energetic
- 【Reusable Pads & Ten Hours Use】- Premium hydrogels utilize multi-layer technology which gives good conduction, no need to use any gel together, reusable for 30-40 times when used properly; Up to 10 hours of continuous use per full charge with USB cable, And it can be connected to wall unit or computer USB port to charge.
- 【Independent A/B Dual Channels】-You can choose channel A or B or both of them, then adjust the intensity and modes separately. With this muscle stimulator, you can set different massage intensity and modes for different body parts to relax your body and get pain management. Meanwhile, you can also share this stim machine for muscles and electric massager with your family members or friends.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Electrostimulations
Typology: Ems and Tens
Given the operating nature of this device, we can affirm that the most crucial element to consider in an electro stimulator is undoubtedly the regulation of the electric current produced given that.
Depending on the intensity, type, and duration of the pulse, it is possible to carry out different types of treatments. The areas of use are mainly two, the therapeutic/rehabilitative one, and the aesthetic one.
The currents used are called EMS and TENSand they are distinguished from each other according to the frequency with which they are emitted: the EMS has a higher rate suitable for developing muscle mass, the lower TENS instead for massaging or relieving pain.
– Induces Muscle Contraction
– Works at high frequencies
– Works on motor nerves
– Counteracts the atrophy of unused muscles
– Re-educates the muscles to movement
– Tones and strengthens muscle tissue
– Has an analgesic action
– Works at low frequencies
– Works on sensory nerves
– Treats chronic painful conditions
– Helps relieve pain after trauma or accident
Let’s now see instead in more detail what are the elements that differentiate these two types of currents and for what purposes they are mainly used.
Ems Current Electrostimulation
EMS stands for Electro Muscle Stimulation or electrical muscle stimulation.
This is the induction of a muscle contraction similar to that which the body would naturally achieve by exploiting the electrical impulses generated by the electrodes.
The primary purpose for which this type of current is used is rehabilitation or to restore tone and resistance to those muscle groups that, for example, due to injuries or other impediments to the performance of physical activity, would risk atrophy or loss in tone.
In relatively recent times, the use of these EMS current electro-stimulators has become widespread for aesthetic reasons, to strengthen or maintain muscle tone and burn localized fat reserves.
Tens Current Stimulators
TENS indicates the Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation, which in Italian corresponds to the transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation.
This type of therapy achieves an analgesic effect, i.e., electrical impulses are used (at low frequencies and usually through 2-4 electrodes) in order to stimulate the nerves of the muscles and relieve pain.
Based on the intensity of the emitted frequency, this electrostimulation technique is divided into three subgroups called rapid TENS, delayed TENS, and TENS at maximum values.
It is possible to find on the market devices dedicated only to the treatment of pain and others that, on the other hand, also combine this therapy with medications for muscle stimulation.
They are, therefore, more versatile and suitable, especially for athletes who may need an electro stimulator both to train the muscles and to carry out rehabilitation following any injuries.
Another aspect that considerably differentiates the electro-stimulators on the market is their structure since it is strictly linked to the use that will be made of them.
For this reason, and to choose the model that best suits your needs, you will first need to clarify how many people will use the device and for what types of treatments.
The crucial aspects related to the structure of an electro stimulator are its conformation, the number of electrodes of which it is composed, and, for some models, also the name of channels.
As you can see, therefore, what changes are not only the primary use of the product (for example, if it can be used for aesthetic or therapeutic purposes) but also its versatility and predisposition for shared use.
Consider the case of a lumbar or abdominal electro stimulator: these two models are certainly not suitable for those who want to share the electro stimulator also with other members of the family since.
If these had different needs between them (for example, if a person wanting to stimulate the lumbar area and another, instead, wanting to focus on biceps and legs) could not satisfy them with the same appliance.
The number of electrodes with which an electro stimulator is equipped can vary from a minimum of 2 to a theoretically infinite maximum, but which usually does not exceed 8-10 wires.
In models with a structure formed by a central unit and adhesive electrodes, the latter are visible because they are external. Still, we remind you that the wires are also present in the other types of appliances since they are an indispensable element for the emission of electrical impulses.
It is particularly important to pay attention to the number of electrodes that make up an electro stimulator in particular about the area you want to treat: a man interested in the stress of the abdominal muscles.
For example, you may prefer a model with multiple electrodes, so you can position them more accurately on the affected areas and therefore carry out a more targeted treatment.
The electrodes can then vary in shape: the most common ones are square but, always based on the muscle bands on which you are going to apply them, you can also choose rectangular stickers, such as those shown in the image above.
Then consider that, regardless of the quantity and type of electrodes already supplied, you can always replace them later.
Electrostimulators equipped with a central unit to which the adhesive electrodes are connected can have a variable number of channels: this means that.
For example, in an electro stimulator equipped with eight electrodes, these can be programmed separately per pair for a total of 4 channels, which allows you to treat areas that need different intensities or programs with a single session of use of the electro stimulator. In most of the most popular models on the market, the channels can vary from 1 to 4.
All the other types of electro-stimulators, on the other hand, do not have this possibility because they require that the electrodes are all applied on the same muscle band, thus making different programming by channels superfluous.
Programs and Functions
Further features to keep in mind when choosing an electro stimulator concern the training programs and the various functions that the device is equipped with.
These are elements that make the use of the appliance more relaxed and more comfortable and which, when present, clearly influence aspects such as versatility and the selling price.
Let’s start with a list of possible available programs, which are preset and divided into three large functional areas. To these are added the personalized programs.
- Ems Programs: this group includes all those programs dedicated to muscle stress, divided by areas to be treated and by function. We find, for example, the heating program, the muscle recovery program, the one for strengthening the muscles (of the arm, forearm, abdominal, thigh, etc.), the one for maximizing power (always divided by treatment areas), the program lipolysis to act on fat accumulations and the capillarization program that increases circulation in the treated area.
- Tens Programs: this group includes all the programs dedicated to pain therapy, mainly divided by area to be treated. Programs such as the one devoted to lower back pain, ankle, upper or lower limbs, cervical or menstrual pain are available.
Massage programs: are not included in all models and, when present, may vary in number and type (impulse, pressure, relaxing, decontracting, combined massage, etc.)
- Customizable Programs: these are programs in which the user establishes some parameters, such as, for example, the duration of the treatment and the intensity of the impulse
Below, however, you will find the various functions that an electro stimulator can be equipped with :
Timer: This function allows you to set the duration of the treatment to be carried out. When present, therefore, it will enable you to customize the programs according to your needs.
Intensity Adjustment: i.e., the possibility to select the intensity of the impulse emitted by the electrodes from a certain number of levels, in order to adapt it to your needs and your state of muscle training
Safety Stop: in alumni models, an automatic stop is activated if the appliance is not used for more than about one minute
Others: some models have extra functions such as, for example, the key lock or the ability to memorize your favorite settings in order to activate the program that takes place habitually immediately
Power is the last of the factors to consider when choosing a pacemaker but is actually very important if you practice regularly sport, even at a competitive level.
These devices can permanently be powered in two ways: with a variable number of batteries or with an internal rechargeable battery.
If you practice sports at an amateur level, you have special rehabilitation needs or think, in general, to resort occasionally electrostimulation, merely a model in which it is expected a ‘ power with batteries that, however, does not represent the ideal solution for those who use the appliance frequently.
For excessive use, it is ideal for moving towards electro-stimulators with an internal battery, which, in addition to avoiding having to change batteries often, also offers higher performance in terms of frequency of the generated current and available functions.
Electro stimulator: When Not to Use It
As anticipated, we advise you to consult the opinion of expert medical and sports personnel before improvising the use, especially if frequent, of the electro stimulator.
We also remind you that electrostimulation is not a practice to be considered as a substitute for correct and regular physical activity, but as an aid to maintain or regain a specific muscle tone.
As for its lipo-reducing effect, it is good to underline that it is a mild and applicable action on small localized adiposities, but it should not be believed that you can burn a significant amount of calories using the electro stimulator which, in fact, does not have a primary purpose that of slimming.
If you are pregnant or if you suffer from one of the pathologies listed below, it is undoubtedly not recommended undergo this type of treatment, because it could have contraindications and even severe side effects:
- Cardiac pathologies.
- Epilepsy or neurological problems.
- Thrombosis or other problems related to the circulatory system.