Faithful companion of a thousand adventures, especially if you are a lover of excursions and outdoor experiences, the sleeping bags are the accessory of fundamental importance, which you must learn to choose with extreme care and attention because comfort depends on its specific characteristics and the quality of your rest at night
The sleeping bag is an accessory of fundamental importance for many travelers, both if they choose to sleep in a tent on a camping site, or if they are hiking for several days.
Often the mistake people make is to invest more in the purchase of a tent than the sleeping bag because you think it is the most important accessory for comfort during your outdoor experiences. But let me tell you you’re wrong. The tent serves “simply” to protect you from humidity, rain, and wind, but does not protect you in any way from the cold.
Let’s take a look at the best sleeping bags in the market based on reviews and top selling.
- 【Emergency Sleeping Bags】Keep warm and Alive.Used as a survival emergency Bivy Sack, poncho, emergency shelter, Protect you from rain,wind and snow. It can be used as ground cover, sleeping bag liner when you in extreme environments.
- 【Easy to Use】Just pull out the bivy sack, unroll and climb inside.Emergency sleeping bag can be used as a sleeping bag liner to keep your body temperature.Orange is a great color for signaling
- 【Compact and Lightweight】This thermal sleeping bag kept in a small bag ,easy to carry and store,you can carry and store it in any place, and also you can reuse if you want.
- 【Multipurpose】A must-have tent camping gear when camping, hiking,trail running, tactical gear and travel first aid kit.with the highest quality materials available to create the best emergency bag. Suitable for outdoor camping and hunting,emergency shelter,or car emergency.
- 【Package】Includes 2/4 pack survival sleeping bags.Each emergency sleeping bag measures 83x 35 inches,Lightweight at 4 oz. Made of extra-thick mylar material.This is A must for everyone who like outdoor expedition.
- 【A Life Saver in Emergencies】: This Emergency Sleeping Bag is an invaluable asset when the chips are down. It's a must have for emergencies such as disaster, and automobile danger, and more--you'll never know when it'll come in handy. It also can serve other functions such as an emergency blanket, ground cover, rescue or distress beacon, poncho, rain tarp or sun shade.
- 【Durable Mylar】: The Mylar shell chases the chill out and provides superior warmth and comfort for you even under harsh conditions or when your body is weak. It's soft, waterproof, windproof, tear proof and puncture proof. Rain, shine, snow, or something in between- this bag can handle it all.
- 【Ultra-bright Reflective Surface】: Trapped in the dark? Let this Survival Blanket Bag light the way. The bright orange emergency sleeping bag and its reflective surface will provide crucial visibility and help first responders find you.
- 【Pack & Go Storage Bag】: Keep your thermal bivy sack clean and compact with the included storage bag. It also features a strap for easy carrying or hanging on your motorcycle or in your car! It can be stored and used together with the emergency radio and the first-aid bag.
- 【3000 Hz Survival Whistle & Precise Compass】: Coming with the bonus 120 dB whistle, your distress signal can be easily heard by people even during an earthquake. Better yet, the anti-interference compass is stable, highly accurate and reliable enough to guide you to move along the right way.
- 【DURABLE AND REUSABLE】Survival bag is constructed of 26um extra-thick mylar material with a tear and puncture resistant coating so it stands up to extreme conditions.They can be used to prevent and counter hypothermia by reducing heat loss from a person's body, to cover injured victims in order to help reduce shock. The emergency sleeping bag is durable enough for repeated uses so it can be folded up and placed back inside the waterproof Nylon stuff sack for your next adventure.
- 【OUTDOOR ESSENTIALS】Just pull out of the stuff sack, unroll and climb inside.Emergency sleeping bag can be used as a sleeping bag liner to keep your body temperature. This bivy bag is small and lightweight, easy to carry and store. A must-have tent camping gear when camping, trail running, marathons, tactical gear preparer and travel first aid kit.
- 【MULTI-PURPOSE EMERGENCY SLEEPING BAG】We’ve tested and designed every detail with the highest quality materials available to create the best emergency bag you can carry anywhere. Uses are nearly limitless: use as tent footprint, rain poncho, emergency signal, emergency shelter, ground cover, bivouac sack, wind blocker, water collector, snow melt container and so on.
- 【LIGHT-WEIGHT & COMPACT】Package includes 2 Pack Survival Sleeping Bags. Each emergency sleeping bag measures 80 x 35 inches,enough to cover any adult body. Folding size 11 cm x 7 cm x 7 cm and a weight of 118 grams, it can be stored almost anywhere, helping to save space.
- STAY WARM AND ALIVE IN EXTREME CONDITIONS: The Life Bivy emergency sleeping bag serves as your emergency blanket, survival shelter, and emergency bivy sack all-in-one. Engineered for emergencies and survival, you have the ability to call for help using the 120-decibel survival whistle and the bright orange color alerts rescuers. Perfect for your bug out bag, survival gear, car survival kit, or bug out gear, the Life Bivy is an essential tool to ensure you stay alive in an emergency
- PARA-SYNCH TECHNOLOGY PARACORD DRAWSTRING & SURVIVAL WHISTLE: The 120-decibel emergency whistle cuts through wind and trees alerting rescuers up to 1-mile away. The 550lb nylon core patent pending Para-Synch Technology drawstring can be used to secure or repair gear, build an emergency shelter, or start a fire. In a survival situation, your tools and skills are the difference between life and death. The Life Bivy's multi-functional stuff sack stacks the deck in your favor
- EXTRA-THICK TEAR AND PUNCTURE RESISTANT MATERIAL: Your ultra-lightweight emergency bivvy survival sleeping bag is constructed of 26um extra-thick mylar material with a tear and puncture resistant coating so it stands up to extreme conditions. Your Life Bivy is durable enough for repeated uses so it can be folded up and placed back inside the waterproof Nylon stuff sack for your next adventure
- PROTECTION AGAINST RAIN, WIND, & SNOW: Your waterproof and windproof survival bivvy bag is made of extra-thick tear & puncture resistant polyethylene material with sealed seams locking out harsh weather to cover & protect you in the worst conditions. The reflective interior of the Life Bivy emergency sleeping bag protects you from hypothermia and keeps you warm by reflecting 90% of your body heat back to you
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT: Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and weighing just 4.1 ounces, the Life Bivy survival sleeping bag comes rolled up inside a durable waterproof stuff sack so you can store it nearly anywhere. Toss Life Bivvies in your hiking pack, go bag, bug out supplies, and glove box so whether you’re trapped in your car during a winter storm or forced to spend an unplanned night outside, you’re ready for the harshest conditions Mother Nature throws at you
- TOUGHEST MYLAR SLEEPING BAG ON EARTH – Our tear-resistant, extra-thick HeatFlex mylar is stronger and more flexible than ordinary space blanket mylar. We’ve added a hood section to protect your head and reinforced tape seams to create a durable, reusable survival bivy you can use alone or to enhance your existing sleeping bag.
- ENHANCE YOUR EXISTING SLEEPING BAG – Worried about unexpected cold or wet weather? The DDITW Emergency Sleeping Bag reflects up to 90% of body heat to boost the heat retention of your sleeping bag, and the waterproof material protects your sleeping bag from outside condensation.
- BUILT-IN HEAD PROTECTION – Studies show you lose up to 10% of body heat through your head. Our innovative hood design helps you retain this body heat for total body protection. This exclusive feature is only available from Don’t Die In The Woods.
- ULTRALIGHT, WATERPROOF, & SUPER COMPACT – Hate carrying extra weight? It’s so small and light, you’ll forget it’s even there. We’ve designed the DDITW Emergency Sleeping Bag with the perfect balance of durability & weight at only 7 ounces (the weight of a small apple). Stash them in each of your cars and backpacks and always be prepared.
- PROTECT THE WILD PLACES WE LOVE – We donate a percentage of profits to conservation efforts around the world, including 1% For The Planet, The Conservation Alliance, and many more. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – We stand behind our products. You won’t find a tougher mylar survival bivy anywhere. Guaranteed.
- 【Ultra Lightweight and Compact Bags】Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand,This Bivy survival sleeping bag comes rolled up inside handy nylon stuff drawstring bag sack so you can store it nearly anywhere. Dimension: 36 * 84 inches; Lightweight at 4.6 oz, it's easy to carry.
- 【Stay Warm and Alive in Exreme Conditions】The Bivy emergency sleeping bag serves as your emergency blanket, survival shelter, and emergency bivy sack all-in-one. Engineered for emergencies and survival, you have the ability to call for help using the 120-decibel survival whistle and the bright orange color alerts rescuers. The Bivy is an essential tool to ensure you stay alive in an emergency.
- 【Made for Emergencies】Multipurpose used as a survival emergency bag, poncho, emergency shelter and more.Your survival bag is constructed of mylar material with a tear and puncture resistant coating so it stands up to extreme conditions. They can be used to prevent and counter hypothermia by reducing heat loss from a person's body, to cover injured victims in order to help reduce shock.
- 【Outdoor Essentials】Easier than an emergency space blanket, Just pull out of the stuff sack, unroll and climb inside.Emergency sleeping bag can be used as a sleeping bag liner to keep your body temperature. This bivy bag is small and lightweight, easy to carry and store. A must-have tent camping gear when camping, trail running, marathons, tactical gear preparer and travel first aid kit.
- 【2Pack Orange emergency sleeping Bags】Pack of 2pcs emergency sleeping bags, 2pcs whistle. This bag is not a one-time-use bag. After each use, you should carefully fold it in order to use it again. It can be used by itself in an emergency or as liner for you regular sleeping bag. Bright orange exterior is easy to spot, even in bad weather, which helps rescuers to locate you.
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT SLEEPING BAG—Delmera’s emergency sleeping bag's dimension is 3.08 ft x 6.73 ft, weighs just 4.6oz. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand. The survival sleeping bag comes rolled up inside handy nylon stuff drawstring bag sack so you can store it in bug out bag,camping gear,glove box,emergency bag in your car
- STAY WARM AND ALIVE IN EXTREME CONDITIONS—Originally designed by NASA for space exploration, these insulating mylar bags provide compact emergency protection in all weather conditions by reflecting back and retaining 90% of a survival victim's body heat,to cover injured victims in order to help reduce shock. The bivy sack serves as your emergency blanket, survival shelter, and emergency bivy sack all-in-one
- EMERGENCY USE AND EXTRA-THICK TEAR—Delmera Emergency Thermal Mylar Bags are ideal for all emergencies, such as travel,hunting,camping,climbing,fish on the sea. Your ultra-lightweight survival sleeping bag is constructed of 26um extra-thick mylar material with a tear and puncture resistant coating so it stands up to extreme conditions
- INCREDIBLY PACKABLE AND PROTECTION AGAINST RAIN, WIND—Can carry this sleeping bag with your survival kit everywhere you go without weighing yourself down. Heavy-duty aluminized PE interior material can resist rain, wind, snow and other external impact. In the bad storm, can effectively keep you stay warm
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - If you are not completely satisfied with the quality of your Emergency Thermal Blankets, Delmera will make every effort to serve you or you will be given your money back — no questions asked
- STAY WARM EVEN INEXTREME CONDITIONS - Made out of ultra-lightweight 26μm extra-thick mylar material , this thermal survival sleeping bag weighs just 4.6 ounces. Plus,The HeatEcho material reflects 90% of your body's heat back to you, making it an essential survival tool and addition to your bug out bag, emergency shelter or camping gear.
- RESIST RAIN, WIND, & SNOW: Waterproof and windproof survival bivvy bag is made of extra-thick tear & puncture resistant polyethylene material with sealed seams locking out harsh weather to cover & protect you in the worst conditions. Plus, this emergency bivvy bag features reinforced taped seams, creating a weather-resistant barrier between you and the frigid cold. It will withstand howling winds and pouring rain without getting ripped like many flimsy emergency heat blankets do.
- EASY of USE - Easier than an emergency space blanket, Just pull out of the stuff sack, unroll and climb inside. The emergency sleeping bag can be used as a sleeping bag liner to keet your body temperature. This bivy bag is small and lightweight, easy to carry and store.
- EASY to CARRY - Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and weighing just 4.6 ounces each, the Life Bivy survival sleeping bag comes rolled up inside a durable waterproof stuff sack so you can store it nearly anywhere. Comes with carabiner clip. Keep it with your survival kit, in your bug out bag, tent camping gear, and glove box so you have it ready when you need it.
- PACKAGE INCLUDE - 2 Pack survival sleeping bags, Opened up dimensions are 200cm x 120cm( 79 x 47 inches ). For better performance, please keep it sealed. Your Life Bivy is durable enough for repeated uses so it can be folded up and placed back inside the waterproof Nylon stuff sack for your next adventure.
- PROFESSIONAL FOR EMERGENCIES: ACVCY emergency sleeping bags perfect for emergency situations where warmth or protection from all-weather conditions is required. The special material reflects 90% of your body's heat back to you, making it an essential survival tool, addition to your bug out bag, emergency shelter, camping gear or car emergency kit. Professional emergency color - orange helps the user be found more easily in an emergency, life bivy space blankets survival.
- LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT: This survival blanket is small enough to fit in your palm, weighs only 4.1 ounces. You can store this space blanket tarp almost anywhere, because it comes rolled up inside a durable waterproof stuff sack. Each survival bivy sack measures 82 X 36 in, large enough to wrap around your body to provide you comprehensive protection even you are a big guy .
- DURABLE & REUSABLE: Your ultra-lightweight thermal blanket emergency is constructed of 26um extra-thick mylar material with a tear and puncture resistant coating so it stands up to extreme conditions. The survival bivy bag is durable enough for repeated uses so it can be folded up and placed back inside the waterproof Nylon stuff sack for your next adventure.
- RAIN, WIND AND SNOW PROECTION: ACVCY emergency bivy sack does better in waterproof, windproof, and keeps you dry and warm in damp and downright cold environments. It will withstand howling winds and pouring rain without getting ripped like many flimsy emergency heat blankets do.
- AFFORDABLE SET: You will get 2 pack survival sleeping bags, each emergency sleeping bag measures 80 x 47 inches. This affordable set is enough for you to reuse for a long time, just really save your money.
- EXTRA LARGE FOR FULL BODY PROTECTION – Our massive 7x5 foot emergency blankets are 23% larger than standard foil blankets for full body protection. With a little bit of tape and paracord, these XL mylar heat sheets can be converted into an emergency shelter, emergency sleeping bag, emergency bivy, or other survival gear.
- PERFECT FOR HIKING, RUNNING, & FIRST AID KITS – NASA-designed mylar is waterproof and reflects up to 90% of body heat to help prevent hypothermia for cold, wet, or hot weather survival situations. Designed for outdoor adventures to pack away ultralight & compact, our thermal blankets are a must-have for camping, trail running, marathons, 48hr/72hr/30 day go bags, tactical gear preppers, earthquake survival kits, home emergency, and car first aid kits.
- DURABLE, ULTRALIGHT, COMPACT PACKAGING – Includes 4 extra large (5’ x 7’) double-sided color survival blankets rolled into ripstop nylon stuff sacks. You can stash single blankets anywhere, or carry enough for your whole group in the included zipper pack with carabiner. No other space blanket comes close to our ultra compact, durable storage - the perfect balance of durability & light weight at only 9.5 oz/set (only 2 oz/blanket).
- PREMIUM MATERIALS FOR SURVIVAL SITUATIONS – Other emergency survival blankets are made flimsy and cheap in ziploc bags for one time use. Ours are made tough to be there when you need them. Stash these tactical emergency blankets everywhere – in your car, roadside emergency kit, survival kit, first aid kit, bug out bag, zombie survival kit, and camping gear.
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – We stand behind our products. Satisfaction guaranteed. 1% FOR THE PLANET – We donate a percentage of profits to conservation efforts around the world, including The Conservation Alliance and many more.
Things to Consider Before Buying Emergency Sleeping Bags
Keeping the right body temperature during rest is precisely the function of the sleeping bag. So if you do not pay the right attention to his choice, you will risk being too cold or too hot, and therefore you will rest badly.
How the Sleeping Bags Work
The first thing you need to know is that the sleeping bag does not produce heat, but simply maintains the heat of your body through the insulation effect it produces compared to the outside. So the engine that produces heat is your metabolism.
The functioning of the sleeping bag is absolutely identical to that of the clothes we wear: the intertwining of the fibers (or feathers) of the padding creates a system of small cells that imprison the air molecules around our body, limiting their movements convective that are responsible for dispersing heat to the colder external environment. In essence, an insulating pad is created around the body.
Temperature of Sleeping Bags
In practice, the heat produced by your body heats the air that is created between your body and the insulating perimeter of the sleeping bag and tends to keep it more or less at the same temperature. As a result, if you get into the sleeping bag that is particularly cold or with wet or even wet clothing, your body will not produce enough heat to get the right temperature in the sleeping bag.
The factors that determine the temperature and the perception of heat inside the sleeping bag. The temperature generated inside the sleeping bag varies according to various factors, many of which do not depend on its qualities.
In choosing the temperature range for your bag, you will therefore also need to make a careful and objective personal evaluation of different physiological factors as much as possible, because your nighttime metabolism plays a decisive role, together with climatic conditions that you will find at your destination.
Resistance to Cold
Your resistance to cold depends on your build, on the fatigue you are wearing, and, more generally, on your physical condition at a given time.
If you are overweight, you will generate less heat than those who are thinner because you generally have a slower metabolism, but body fat will isolate you more.
Gander and Age
By nature, women have a greater perception of cold, and being more minute than men, they will generate less heat inside the sleeping bag. In fact, the standard comfort value for women is 5 degrees higher than that of men. But even those who are older with the years will have a greater perception of cold than those who are younger because their metabolism is physiologically slower.
If you are used to living in environments that guarantee you the possibility of always having the ideal temperature of comfort, your body will have a reduced ability of the body to withstand the cold.
The External Climatic Conditions
we are not only referring to the ambient temperature but also the humidity and wind. To keep these elements under control, sleeping in the tent becomes really important
The Physical Form
It is clear that if, for example, you lead a very sedentary life and you undergo a strenuous excursion, you will immediately feel a lot of effort. This significantly reduces your ability to produce heat, which is why you are more likely to feel the sensation of cold
For example, if you sleep on a mat or a cot, you will not have contact with the ground or with the lower surface of the tent, and therefore you will avoid humidity, with a consequent less perception of the cold
Bulky Sleeping Bags
In this last aspect, we give you some advice. First of all, always protect the extremities of the body, because they are the ones that disperse the most heat. Wear a cap, socks, and gloves, especially if the outside temperature is cold. If you can, put a bottle of hot water in your sleeping bag, which helps you create the heat you need to not feel the annoying sense of cold as soon as you put it on. Wait a few minutes, and then take it off.
Contract your muscles while remaining immobile, because 70% of the energy produced by this contraction is transformed into heat. I suggest you do this by staying still to avoid producing cold air flows.
How to Choose the Perfect Sleeping Bag
Surely it is not surprising to hear that the absolute perfect sleeping bag does not exist, but the choice depends on the specific use you have to make of it.
For example, if you need it for camping where you will sleep in a tent, it must have certain characteristics, different from those that will be useful if you plan to use it for trekking excursions without a tent.
Below we list the different characteristics of sleeping bags, to guide you in your choices. In particular:
Although it seems strange, the shape of the sleeping bag is an extremely important aspect to consider, because it determines its ability to maintain body heat, and thus to create the ideal conditions for resting well in specific conditions. But it also affects weight and compactness, and consequently ease of transport.
The sleeping bag can have two forms: ” mummy “or ” blanket ” (also known as “a square”).
The sleeping bag with the “mummy” shape is, as the name implies, the one that has the contours that adhere to the body.
Thanks to the “mummy” shape, the space between the body and the perimeter of the sleeping bag (and therefore with the insulating padding) are very limited. Consequently, the air present is very limited, so the internal environment heats faster thanks to body heat. And the inability to move does not generate convective movements that favor the movement of air and, therefore, the dispersion of heat.
In general, sleeping bags with this shape also include a collar and a hood, two very important accessories to avoid heat loss. The hood completely wraps the head, which is one of the areas of our body with the greatest heat loss.
These characteristics make them particularly suitable for trekking excursions in the mountains or in particularly harsh environments. Then they are generally less voluminous than the “deck” ones, and therefore more compact and more easily transportable. A very important aspect when you have to put it in your backpack.
Covered Sleeping Bags
Blanket sleeping bags have a much wider surface than “mummy” ones, and therefore are much more comfortable because they leave you more space to move and to spread your arms and legs.
In “covered” sleeping bags, the air between your body and the insulating wall of the sleeping bag is much more, and therefore the internal environment heats up much less and much more slowly. This is why they are only indicated with fairly high temperatures. You don’t have to take them into consideration if you plan to use your sleeping bag for hiking in the mountains, but certainly, if you plan to go camping in summer or to sleep in a refuge.
The heat level generated by a sleeping bag thanks to its insulating function corresponds to the ambient temperature of the place where it is used during the night.
The Temperature Scale of The Sleeping Bags
If you want to use the sleeping bag in summer in medium mountain areas, consider buying a sleeping bag that maintains a comfortable temperature between + 5 ° C and + 10 ° C, while if your intention is that to stay in a bivouac in the high mountains, consider that even in summer you will have to use one that guarantees comfort temperatures below 0 ° C.
The Padding Materials
The heat generated by the sleeping bag depends on its insulating power, and this varies according to the material with which the padding is made. Generally, two materials are used for the padding: goose down or synthetic materials. Also, in this case, the choice of one or the other presents positive and negative aspects, according to the characteristics of the place and the situation of use.
Obviously, the level of comfort and the price depend on the quality of the padding. In addition to the padding, the heat performance also depends on the quality of the lining that covers it.
Feather and Down Jacket
Feather is traditionally the option preferred by sleeping bag manufacturers for padding because it is soft, light has a high calorific value even with a few grams and a great compressive capacity, which makes sleeping bags not bulky, very compressible and very light to carry.
This aspect is especially important during multi-day trekking excursions in the mountains because it is precisely in these situations that the heat/weight/size ratio makes the difference in the backpack. And then down sleeping bags not only generate a lot of heat, but they also do it very quickly. Much faster than synthetic ones.
Mixed padding is often found, with different percentages of feather and down. For example, if you find the wording feather 90/10 on the label, it means that the padding is made up of 90% down and 10% feather. The higher the percentage of down, the more precious the padding is.
The padding with modern synthetic fibers guarantees excellent performance in terms of its ability to generate heat and comfort standards. The most performing fibers on the market are ultra-thin hollow ones, which allow perfect insulation from the outside, even in wet conditions.
On the other hand, however, these padding, with the same performance, have a slightly higher weight than those in feather and down, and a limited compression capacity, with consequent greater bulk. This aspect can be an annoying hindrance, especially during multi-day trekking excursions. And then they take longer to warm up.
Double Sleeping Bags in Synthetic Material
These sleeping bags are also much more resistant to humidity if you tear and come out (or get dirty) the padding, you can still continue to use them. And they are obviously more ecological, but also cheaper. For their specific characteristics, as well as for camping use, they are highly recommended for spring or summer excursions in rough territories and for on-the-road adventures.
You will notice that it is rather complicated to find quality synthetic bags that keep warm at low temperatures. But you can reach a good compromise by choosing products with mixed goose down/synthetic padding.
The Cover and The Sleeping Bags
we advise you to keep in mind that the quality of the heat generated by the sleeping bag does not depend on the temperature and humidity of the external environment, but also on the level of sweating and evaporation that the body produces even in resting situations. These latter conditions can help create a humid and inhospitable environment, which changes the performance of the sleeping bag, regardless of the quality of the padding.
It is precisely for this reason that we advise you to pay close attention also to the lining that covers it, which must be made of a hydrophobic material, that is, capable of not retaining moisture.
Compactness and Ease of Transport, or Comfort?
The ease of transport of the sleeping bag is obviously conditioned by its weight and its compactness. This aspect is not so important when you have to go camping, where you need above all a comfortable, soft and wide product. But it becomes essential when hiking, especially if it lasts several days, and you have little space in your backpack. In this case, you need a decidedly more compact and lighter product, with a “mummy” shape, and a shorter zip.
Maintenance and Washing
Proper storage of the sleeping bag can greatly increase its lifespan, even if you use it frequently. In the case of feather and down bags, be careful to store them in absolutely dry environments when you are not using them, avoiding to compress them excessively so as not to risk that the padding remains crushed for too long. In this case, when you return to using them, they can have a reduced performance because the feathers do not return to distribute themselves evenly over the entire surface.
The bags with synthetic padding, on the other hand, do not require particular attention in terms of conservation. However, we advise you to keep them out of the appropriate compression bags in a dry environment. For washing, both in the case of a sleeping bag with goose down padding and in the case of padding in synthetic material.
Washing the Sleeping Bags
The best thing, however, is hand washing in a tub with warm water, using specific detergents, and absolutely avoid rubbing it. Equally important is the rinsing phase, to which you must pay particular attention because there must be no traces of detergent inside. So use plenty of water. After that, to dry it, do not wring it out but lay it on a drying rack completely open in the open air and let it dry gradually.
Be careful, though. Do not overdo it with the sleeping bag washes. Wash it when the dirt exceeds the attention threshold.
Camping Bed for Use with The Sleeping Bag
The inflatable mattress to be used under the sleeping bag
The compressible mattress to use for trekking with a sleeping bag
Obviously, this suggestion is valid if you use the sleeping bag on a camping trip, while if you use it during trekking excursions, you will be able to use a rubber mat at the most, which will however, help you avoid contact with the ground.
On the market, there are many models of mattresses and camp beds, which differ in size, materials, performance, weight, and obviously price.