Even today, the perfect shaving is achieved with a well-sharpened and razor-sharp blade. However, this practice takes up a lot of time and ruins the skin, not to mention that it takes very little to cut yourself.
Fortunately, technology meets us with a vast production of a foil shaver. There are many models, and they differ from each other with very different characteristics. The prices vary according to these. So let’s see what the main functions on which to base your purchase choice are.
Here we had listed out some of the best foil shavers that are present below.
- Staggered-head shaver blades for a closer shave.
- Lithium-ion battery provides maximum power.
- Ideal for finishing stubble and fade-style haircuts, for added versatility.
- The BaBylissPRO FOILFX02 Cordless Metal Double Foil Shaver is full-size metal foil shaver equipped with a powerful rotary motor. A great tool for an extra-close shave on the neck, face, & all around the hairline.
- This cordless shaver features hypoallergenic gold foils, a 3 hour runtime & comes with a storage pouch.
- Use this professional quality shaver to get a close shave on the neck, face, & hairline.
- The BaBylissPRO FOILFX01 cordless shaver is a professional, compact-size metal foil shaver equipped with a single, hypoallergenic gold foil. It comes with a storage pouch & 2 AA batteries.
- This cordless shaver features a powerful rotary motor with up to 5 hours of runtime & auto cover/shutoff.
- Use this shaver for an extra-close shave on the most detailed areas of the neck, face, & all around the hairline.
- Double Gold Titanium Foil Shaver
- Lithium Battery
- It delivers up to 1.5 hours of continuous run time
- USB charging by laptop, car and home electric outle
- Staggered head shaver blades for a closer shave.
- Great for finishing fades & removing stubble.
- Lithium-ion battery provides maximum power.
- PROFESSIONAL ELECTRIC FOIL SHAVER: From KEMEI professional commercial products, the KEMEI 1102 Shaver is designed for close comfortable shaving and is engineered to deliver the sharp performance
- STYLISH AND FUNCTIONAL: KEMEI 1102 comes with beautiful appearance and better handle feeling. There is a beard trimmer on the back, So it’s very convenient for you to trim your beard
- POWERFUL BATTERY: It comes with a rechargeable battery that can keep the rotary motor running at full speed for up to 60 Minutes per charge, and charge time is only 1.5h
- PRECISION CUTTING SYSTEM: All head of KEMEI Foil Shaver uses skin-friendly durable blades. KEMEI 1102 also perfects for bald man
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED: For your convenience, KEMEI 1102 comes with all accessories required for use. Package includes the shaver, replacement shaver head, foil guard, USB cable, cleaning brush, and operating instructions
- 👨【2 in 1 Multi-Functional Grooming Kit】Hizek electric razor for men comes with beard trimmer and hair clipper. The foil shaver can not only shave,but also trim your hair and perfect bald head to meet your different needs.The hair clippers has 4 different size combs (3mm, 6mm, 9mm, 12mm),which can achieve various hairstyles and lengths
- 👨【Smooth Shave with 2-Blade Floating Nets】Hizek beard trimmer is designed with 2 precision blades and mute high-speed motor,the electric razor for men can realize fast and effective shave. The flexible shaving head can conform to every curve of your face and neck,foil shaver providing you with a comfortable and smooth shave even in hard-to-reach areas.
- 👨【Wider & Sharper Cutting Head】Compared with other brands of electric razor, our razor are 60% wider to help you trim more hair at a time for best results. Hizek foil shavers for men has enough sharpness and durability to provide you with fast, smooth and precise hair cutting.
- 👨【Wet & Dry Electric Shaver】IPX6 waterproof design in the electric razor for men, the cutter head can be washed under running water directly, which make cleaning easy and convenient. Improving the shaving experience, you can easily perform dry or refreshing wet shave.
- 👨【Long Battery Life & Portable】The foil shaver was built in Li-ion batteries to get a long battery life and high power. The electric razor is easy to carry, suitable for travel or business tour. If you any any question about this item, please feel free to contact us, we will give you a satisfied service.
- Pivot and Flex Foil Technology Stays close to skin for smooth results
- Rechargeable battery 60 minutes of cordless runtime
- Pop up Detail Trimmer For finishing touches on your facial hair and sideburns
- Easy to Clean Washable under the faucet; Charging time 2 hours; Voltage: Worldwide
- Advanced rechargeable battery - Maximum power for consistent, high performance shaving. Enjoy up to 40 minutes of cordless runtime.
- Universal USB charging - recharge with any standard USB wall adaptor.
- Constant contour - comfort customized for you. The flexing foils quickly respond to your unique facial contours for a close shave without the irritation.
- 2x flexing foils - The shaver features two foils that capture hair with every pass for close, comfortable results.
- Quiet drive advanced motor - ease into your morning routine with a motor that's engineered for less vibration and noise.
Buyer Guide to Choose Foil Shavers
Type of Razor
The first choice to make is that relating to the type of razor to be purchased: with oscillating foil or rotating head.
Oscillating foil razors, like those produced by Braun, have a blade that vibrates under a foil, which serves to lift the hair and which acts as a shield between the blade and the skin (this is where the hair of the beard to be cut comes from).
They guarantee a uniform and very fast shave with a single pass, as they can shave in depth.
They are suitable for those with sensitive skin, whether they are used to shaving every day. They are used with linear movements, for example, from top to bottom.
The rotating head razors, on the other hand, are generally characterized by the presence of 3 or 4 rotating heads, which contain as many circular blades. They offer a precise shave, although less rapid than that of oscillating foil razors.
Also, they are less gentle on the skin. They are recommended for those with a thick beard and tend to shave every day. They are used through circular movements to be performed on the face.
Type of Cut
Before buying an electric razor, you must also carefully evaluate the type of cut that it makes: speed, precision, and delicacy on the skin, but also flexibility (a good razor is one that allows you to easily follow the shapes of the face and not to cut precisely only in some areas.
Neglecting others and forcing the user to pass several times on the same point) and the presence of a hair lifting system, to capture even the shortest and most relaxed hair and obtain a smooth skin after cutting.
In short, before buying your next electric razor, be well informed about the type of cut that this can ensure and verify that it is compatible with your needs (e.g., delicate or resistant skin, hard or soft beard, and so on).
It is almost useless to underline that the higher end razors are the ones that generally offer a better cut and therefore adapt to more needs.
Waterproofing and Wet & Dry Shaving
Another significant factor to consider is that relating to the possibility of using the razor underwater (e.g., in the shower): not all razors can be used underwater and, be careful, even among those that are declared as compatible with use underwater, not everyone can offer the same performance.
Another thing to watch out for is that some razors, although they can be rinsed under running water, do not support direct use in the shower.
Then I suggest you also evaluate the support for Wet & Dry, that is to say, that feature that allows the razor to be used both dry and with products such as shaving foam, creams, etc.
If you have delicate skin, I highly recommend a Wet & Dry razor so that you can cut in conjunction with the use of creams against skin irritation.
Blades and Construction Materials
The type and number of blades with which the razor is equipped must also be taken into consideration: these two characteristics, in fact, strongly influence the efficiency of the cut.
The same goes for the construction materials with which razors and blades are made: for blades, the use of a good construction material allows to maintain the efficiency of the cutover time; for the body of the razor, on the other hand, the use of good quality materials allows for a robust and long-lasting product.
Accessories and Functions
Electric razors must also be evaluated based on the accessories with which they are supplied and the functions they offer.
Among the most useful accessories, I point out the precision trimmer to finish sideburns, mustaches, and other points (it can also be integrated directly into the razor and not supplied as a separate accessory).
The more advanced razors can then be equipped with a display, to view the residual charge level, information on the maintenance of the razor.
For example, the need to clean it and the shaving settings, of the charging base (to house the razor comfortably and recharge it without having wires scattered for the bathroom) and cleaning station, to clean, lubricate and easily load the razor.
Often, then, in the “standard” equipment of electric razors, there is the brush to remove the hair left between the blades.
The cap to protect the razor and the travel case, to transport the razor without clutter (the latter, however, found less frequently in the essential equipment of electric razors).
It should be noted that many razors are sold with different sets of accessories, so if you find multiple versions of the same razor on the market, know that these almost certainly differ in the supply of accessories.
As regards the functions of the razor, the cooling function, which allows relieving any irritation to those with more sensitive skin, and the Turbo function which, instead, allows a more effective cut in the areas of the face where the beard is thicker.
Electric razors can be powered by lithium batteries (such as those of smartphones), which, once charged, allow the use of the device without wires; or by the classic cable to always keep in current during use.
The former (which are now the majority) are more flexible and practical to use; however, it must be considered that in many cases they cannot be used while they are being charged (to avoid overheating) and that the batteries, over time, are subject to slow but inevitable degradation of their performance.
Before buying an electric razor, therefore, also carefully evaluate its autonomy and its charging times.
Cleaning and Maintenance
Electric razors must be kept well; therefore, it is necessary to clean them regularly and carry out constant maintenance work on them.
The higher-end models facilitate these tasks thanks to systems, such as automated cleaning bases (as mentioned above), which allow you to clean the razor with precision and speed. The less expensive models, however, include the classic kit with the brush to clean the device manually.