Although more and more compressed audio formats have spread on the market and music is played from the smart phone combined with a wireless speaker, the best way to enjoy the sound experience is still to have a good amplifier.
To help you choose, we have created this guide, in which we highlight which aspects to consider before purchasing, followed by the reviews of the best models.
Here we had listed out some of the best home amplifiers that are present below.
- POWERFUL 750 WATT: The Pyle 6-Channel Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier gives you 750W peak power which can be used for multi speakers w/ 4-8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality audio. Perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment
- BLUETOOTH CAPABLE: The personal portable digital amp box works with today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers as it is equipped with Bluetooth wireless music streaming with hassle-free receiver pairing
- MULTIPLE INPUTS: The integrated indoor stereo receiver supports iPod or MP3, USB, micro SD, AUX playback, built-in FM radio w/ digital LCD display, audio input and REC + subwoofer output RCA (L/R) connectors. Also features 2 ¼” microphone inputs
- MIC TALK-OVER FUNCTION: The professional sound amplifying device features a MIC talk-over function which when activated the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, voice-over, and announcements
- INTEGRATED EQUALIZER: The compact amplifier has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. A remote control is also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- 200 WATT POWER: The 2-Channel Pyle Bluetooth Stereo Amplifier Receiver is perfect for your karaoke and home theater acoustic sound system Gives you 200W power w/ 100W RMS accommodates 2 sets of speakers lets you enjoy high quality amplified audio
- 7 INPUTS: The digital amp box supports various external sources - 2 RCA audio input for tuner, CD player, tape deck 2 1/4" microphone IN USB SD card 3 5mm AUX IN and FM radio antenna Features RCA audio output 2 pairs banana plug speaker output
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: The sound amplifying mixer device is equipped with Bluetooth wireless music streaming w/ 40+ ft wireless range Works w/ today’s latest devices including smart phone iPad iPhone and computer w/ hassle-free receiver pairing
- EQ CONTROLS: The improved professional compact bookshelf sound amplifier features crisp, responsive buttons for mode controls Rotary knob controls for mic echo / volume, balance bass, treble master volume input source and the unique folder/track
- DISPLAY METER: The integrated receiver for home stereo has a built-in LCD display w/ front panel audio control center ID3 tag song readout displays track title FM antenna and remote control are included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- 500 WATT POWER: The Pyle 4 Channel Bluetooth Home Audio Amplifier is perfect for your PA and home theater entertainment. It gives you 500W peak power which can be used for multi speakers w/ 4 8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality audio
- BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped w/ bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops and computers with hassle free receiver pairing
- 7 INPUTS: The personal portable digital amp box supports iPod or MP3, USB, micro SD, AUX playback, built in FM radio with digital LCD display, audio input and REC, plus subwoofer output RCA (L/R) connectors, 2 ¼” microphone inputs with echo
- TALK OVER BUTTON: The compact speaker amplifier features a MIC talk over function which, when activated, the current music or audio being played will be temporarily halted. This function is used in paging, voice over, and announcements
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization, mic and master volume adjustments. A remote control is also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- NOTE : PD3000BT is just an upgraded version of the PD3000BA
- 3000 WATT POWER: The Pyle 4 Channel Pre Amplifier is perfect for your karaoke and home entertainment sound system. It gives you 3000W peak power to be used for multi speakers with 2 8 ohms impedance allowing you to enjoy high quality audio
- BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped w/ Bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works w/ today’s latest devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and computers with hassle free receiver pairing
- EQ CONTROLS: The speaker sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization and master volume adjustments. It also features blue LED illuminated buttons and knobs for high visibility
- DISPLAY METER: The compact and rack mount amplifier has a built in digital fluorescent display meter which displays all the functions and input used. Remote control is also included in the package for distant audio adjustments
- New Leading Amplifier Chip: Original AC6922A amplifier chip generates unparalleled sound superiority and provides you with high quality and powerful audio. The Moukey mini stereo amplifier receiver provides 50W peak power of dual channel sound, which can support speakers with 4-16 ohm impedance.
- Mini But Mighty: This audio stereo amplifier has a very compact size with Dimensions of 4.85"W x3.05"D x1.65"H, which makes it suitable for DIY audio applications and home use. But don’t be fooled by its small body, it’ll give your entertainment system a serious boost.
- Multiple Input Sources: This small stereo home audio amplifier supports AUDIO/ USB / wireless connection. Easily connected to external audio sources such as DVD / TV / Computer/ Phones/ ipad / MP3 player via the RCA (L/R) of audio input. And through USB input, you can connect the amplifier to a USB flash drive, supporting music formats including MP3 / APE / WAV / WMA, etc.
- Wireless Connection Mode - Bluetooth & remote control: This bluetooth amplifier is equipped with wireless connection with 33 ft range. Compatible with today's latest devices, including smartphones, iPad and computers with easy receiver pairing. You are able to use it in your house, car, office, RV, etc.
- FM Function: A wonderful life is inseparable from the company of the radio. This mini amplifier also supports to be a FM Radio, providing the latest news, music, sports, finance, etc.
- MULTI-ROOM MUSIC: Let music follow you from room to room. This home audio amplifier supports powering up multiple speakers in the same wired system, so you can listen or dance to the same tune in nearly every room, from just about any source or device you desire
- 8-CHANNEL HIGH POWER AMPLIFIER: 100w per channel deliver high power performance with 5-way speaker binding posts (Banana Plug) outputs, pass-through output for external amplifier linking (Daisy-Chaining) & integrated 4-channel bridgeable switches
- SPEAKER VOLUME CONTROL: This home audio amplifier has speaker selectors with volume control to manipulate the sound of multiple speakers simultaneously. Monitor audio levels with the LED display to check if the output is too loud or too soft
- POWERFUL 8000 WATTS: All channels of this stereo power amplifier support a maximum 1000-watts each in a single rack-mountable unit. Bridge two adjoining channels for high-powered outputs and an earth-shattering sound
- BUILT-IN LOW IMPEDANCE PROTECTION: Individual channels have built-in low impedance protection to prevent damaging the speaker or unit. It shuts down the faulty channels and provides uninterrupted music through the remaining good channels
- 7.1 CHANNEL: The Pyle 7.1 Channel Hi-Fi Home Theater Receiver is perfect for your home entertainment system. Gives you 2000 watts peak power to be used for speakers and subwoofers w/ 4-16 ohms impedance, lets you enjoy high quality amplified audio
- BLUETOOTH-COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated high powered stereo receiver is equipped w/ bluetooth wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smart phones, iPhone, iPad and computers with hassle-free receiver pairing
- 4K UHD TV SUPPORT: The AV digital amp box is equipped w/ 4K ultra HD TV, 3D and Blu-Ray video pass-through support w/ dedicated RCA subwoofer output. Connect & stream audio/video from external devices via USB, RCA, HDMI, optical/coaxial digital audio
- EQ CONTROLS: The home amplifier with bluetooth has 2 ¼” mic inputs with independent input source selection. Equipped w/ next gen audio DSP sound processing technology and controls for echo, bass, treble, microphone and volume adjustments
- DIGITAL VFD DISPLAY: The home theater surround sound receiver system has built-in VFD display & AM/FM radio. Features front panel control center & integrated over current, short circuit & over-voltage protection. Includes remote control & power cable
- 200 WATT POWER: The stereo receiver amplifier for home theater system gives you 25 Watt at 4 Ohm max power / 20 Watt x 2 at 8 Ohm RMS for a high quality amplified audio. Perfect for karaoke & home theater acoustic surround sound system
- 10 INPUTS: This home audio amplifier is equipped w/ HDMI input, optical/phono/coaxial input, two 1/4" microphone IN for karaoke, AUX jack, USB/SD IN, and 2 pairs RCA (L/R) for CD/DVD player. It also has FM radio w/ station auto-search scan
- BLUETOOTH CONNECTIVITY: Pyle bluetooth stereo amplifier receiver is compatible with bluetooth w/ 40+ ft wireless range and works w/ today’s latest devices including smart phone, iPad, tablet, iPhone and laptop w/ hassle free receiver pairing
- DIGITAL LCD DISPLAY: The wireless speaker receiver home stereo amp has a digital LCD display w/ ID3 tag song readout. Displays track title, time, FM station and the type of input selected for hassle free operation
- FRONT CONTROL PANEL: This home speaker amplifier home audio bluetooth receiver features a front panel button & rotary control center for treble, bass, master & mic volume adjustment. Also comes w/ antenna & remote control for distant audio adjustment
- 220 Watts Peak Power: The dual-pass Moukey BT stereo amplifier receiver is perfect for your karaoke, home theater, acoustic sound system, and monitor headphones. Provide you with enough powerful power amplification, which can accommodate 2 sets of speakers, so that you can enjoy the audio impact of high-quality audio amplification.
- 4.0 wireless connection: The sound amplification mixer device is equipped with wireless connection music streaming with a wireless range of 40 feet / 12 meters or more. Equipped with today's latest devices (including smartphones, iPads, iPhones and computers), it is easy to pair with the receiver.
- Multiple input and output modes: The digital amplifier box supports various external signal sources. 2 RCA audio inputs for tuner, CD player, tape drive, two 2.5-inch / 6.35 cm microphone inputs, one monitor headphone output port, USB, SD card, 3.5mm AUX IN and FM radio antenna. With RCA audio output, 2 pairs of banana plug speaker output.
- Easy Balance Control: Improved professional compact bookshelf sound amplifier with clear, responsive buttons for mode control. Knobs control microphone echo / volume, balance, bass, treble, master volume, input source and unique folder / track.
- HD screen: The integrated receiver for home stereo has a built in LED display w/ front panel audio control center. FM antenna and remote control are included in the package for distant audio adjustments.
- WIRELESS STREAMING: The receiver rack mount features a premium built in Bluetooth 2.1 wireless streaming receiver. Making the receiver compatible with all your favorite devices, like iPhone, Androids, tablets, etc. It has a wireless range of 30’ plus
- HOME STEREO AMP: The rack mount home theater amp is a complete sound system. It acts like an FM radio with a digital LCD display with ID3 tag readout displaying each song title. Also features a 2.1 channel audio amp design
- CONNECT TO EXTERNAL DEVICES: The rack mount home theater amp features USB flash and SD memory card readers, as well as a 3.5mm aux input jack and multi source RCA audio input connectors
- RELIABLE & DURABLE: The home theater receiver is made of heavy duty metal and aluminum alloy panel to protect your gear for years to come. The package includes sturdy removable rack mount brackets for trustworthy and easy installation
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX: The audio receiver rack mount comes with everything you need to get started. This exclusive bundle from Pyle features our top of the line amplifier receiver, wireless remote control, detachable hardware rack mounts and FM antenna
- 3.5 millimeter network adapter wire powered subwoofer switch small tv smart iPhone 4.1 dj voice hdmi phone mono antenna indoor auto radio watt amplify compact ipod bass tube signal pc supply automotive cord house transmitter sub
- 6 INPUTS: The personal digital amp box supports SD / MMC card, USB, MP3, AM FM tuner, AUX, CD player, 2 microphone input w/ echo for karaoke or event hosting, RCA, AUX, and Bluetooth inputs
- BLUETOOTH ENABLED: The integrated hybrid amplifier is equipped with Bluetooth for wireless music streaming. Works with today’s latest devices including smartphone, tablet, laptop, computer, etc.
- A/B SPEAKER SELECTOR: The professional integrated stereo receiver has A/B speaker selector enabling you to choose b/w speaker set. Use either A or B speakers or both. Note that when it is turned on initially it uses both speakers as default
- EQ CONTROLS: The sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for equalization and master volume adjustments. Includes remote control for distant audio adjustments and a power cable. Note :Refer to the PDF attached below in Technical Specification for Manual
Buyer Guide to Choose Home Amplifiers
Power Is Not Worth Listening
All the best brands of amplifiers emphasize, to try to put their products in a good light, the power they are able to express. This figure, however, is first an end in itself because it is measured in ideal conditions and not in everyday use, when the device is connected to a pair of speakers, whose quality obviously influences the sound performance.
The declared power, therefore, is simply indicative, and you need to get an idea of how far you can “push” the amplifier, but it is not enough to determine the qualities of a product of this type.
So how to do it? We are facing one of those cases where direct evidence is fundamental. Before choosing a model, therefore, make sure to listen to the sound it is able to produce, its tones, and the rendering of bass, medium, and treble.
There is no perfect amplifier because each of us has a different sensitivity and taste, and only the listening test is able to dispel doubts and perplexities and allow you to bring home a satisfactory product.
By comparing the prices, then you will notice how the range is extensive. Also, in this case, it is not said that by spending a lot, you will ensure an amplifier whose listening you gratify, because the live test is always the discriminant that ranks first in the ranking.
In short, if you want to buy an amplifier online to save money, it’s fine, but first, take a tour of a hi-fi shop and give yourself some tests to find the model that’s right for you.
A Part of A Plant
Buying an amplifier, perhaps even spending a significant amount, is not an absolute guarantee of being able to listen to impeccable sound. This is because the unit fits into a system also composed of the audio player (typically a CD player or a turntable) and speakers.
These elements must also be of good quality so as not to penalize listening. In other words, they are spending a lot on buying an amplifier and then saving on speakers, and a CD player is not a good solution.
Our advice is to allocate a budget for the entire hi-fi system and then divide it in a balanced way, ensuring components of a reasonable level and capable of satisfying your sonic needs. Also, for speakers and readers, the best solution before making the purchase is to try them live.
Inputs and Outputs
The number of inputs on the amplifier indicates how many devices can be connected to it. In principle, the standard and beneficial ones are for the CD player, the radio tuner, the turntable, and the auxiliary (AUX).
Carefully evaluate which components you want to add to create your hi-fi system and go towards the purchase of an amplifier that only has inputs that are really functional for you. The newer models, for example, often do not have an input for the turntable, while others also have information for the recorder.
Do not be fooled by the presence of filters, colored lights, or displays, because in most cases, these are not very useful trappings that have the sole purpose of increasing the sale price without real benefits on the listening quality. As for the outputs, basically, the only two are the one for the speakers and the one for the headphones.
How to Use an Amplifier
An amplifier is used to modulate the strength of the electrical signal and is indispensable in a Hi-Fi system. Much of the audio output depends on the choice of the amplifier. Why do we say only a good part? Because a fundamental role also belongs to the speakers. Basically, it takes very little to buy a 1,000 euro amplifier and combine it with 50 euro speakers.
Stereo or Multi-Channel?
When you choose the amplifier, you have two solutions in front of you, the classic one, that is stereo or the multi-channel one, ideal especially for those who use the amplifier connected to the TV to enjoy a good movie and not miss any audio nuance.
Two speakers are connected to a stereo amplifier to create a right and left channel. In the case of the multi-channel amplifier, five (plus one) to seven (plus one) speakers can be connected.
Choose the Right Power
The choice of power is not a walk and must be done with care. Especially if you already own the cases, you are bound by them. For this reason, whoever builds his Hi-Fi system from scratch, would do well to focus first on the amplifier and then choose the rest of the elements.
In general, you should not be fooled by Watts alone. The power must be chosen with reason: it is necessary to take into great consideration the size of the room where the amplifier and its acoustics will go.
Too harsh a device is too small a room will provide poor sound quality. What a manufacturer says about his product should always be taken with springs because the data provided and the rates praised refer to a series of ideal conditions that are difficult to reproduce in a domestic environment.
When buying an amplifier, you need to be clear about what will be connected to it. All models have inputs for the CD player, turntable, and radio tuner, as well as an AUX input that allows you to connect other devices.
But today, music can also be listened to in MP3 format and streaming. In short, we suggest taking seriously those models that offer technologies such as Wi-Fi or Bluetooth without underestimating the presence of a USB port.
Management via App
There are more and more amplifiers on the market that offer the possibility of being managed through an application, which, in turn, is managed by the smartphone or tablet.
It is a very convenient solution, in our opinion, but check that the app is well done because, in this sense, disappointment can be hidden around the corner. It often happens to come across poorly designed, unintuitive apps, not to mention the ones that crash constantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Does an Amplifier Work?
An amplifier acquires the audio signal of a source, enhancing it and transforming it into an amplified signal that is supplied to the speaker.
An electric guitar model will transform the electric source of the pick-ups into a signal that will be transmitted by the speaker and regulated through the various frequencies. To get a more powerful sound with better frequencies, many guitarists prefer to use a tube amplifier connected to a speaker.
How to Connect the Active Subwoofer to The Amplifier?
You can connect the active subwoofer to the amplifier via a cable using the pre-out output of the latter. If it does not have it, then you will have to use power cables or an LFE digital cable.
Each active subwoofer can have different connection methods. Therefore we advise you to check if the manufacturer’s manual contains some suggestions. Alternatively, you can try various connections and check that the audio signal is transmitted correctly without loss of frequencies.
How to Check if The Amplifiers Ends Are Burnt Out?
The only way to check if the amplifiers’ ends are ruined is by testing. For guitar amps, it is straightforward because you will immediately notice if there is any damage as the sound will lose power until it is completely deactivated.
Alternatively, you can use testers to test the diodes and the transistor. If you are not familiar with electronics, this verification can be quite complex, so we recommend following some tutorials on YouTube.