Choosing a sound home theater system is difficult. There is no doubt about it. And buying the wrong one means wasting a lot of money, right? Do not worry!
Live the cinema experience while sitting comfortably on the sofa at home. This is possible both by purchasing a large television and by choosing a home theater system that ensures excellent sound quality, capable of reproducing the nuances, and guaranteeing total immersion in watching the film.
Many different products are available on the market, capable of covering everyone’s listening and shopping needs. Compare prices and performances of the various models: from 2.1 to 7.1, with variable quality amplifiers and speakers.
Before deciding what to buy, therefore, it is good to get informed in the best way, and this is why we offer you our buying guide that highlights the aspects to be taken into account before choosing. Here we will be listing the top 11 best home theater systems.
- The Klipsch reference theater pack delivers a superior acoustic performance while keeping an incredibly minimal footprint
- Klipsch's exclusive Tractrix Horn technology and aluminum Tweeters deliver the cleanest, most natural sound possible. The...
- To complement the easy placement of the wireless subwoofer, each satellite speaker has a keyhole mount and a threaded insert for...
- The reference theater pack brings the Klipsch cinematic sound into your home with an incredibly minimal footprint
- Low-Profile Design and Brilliant Clarity with 6 Full-range Speakers
- Powerful 5" Wireless Subwoofer and Bluetooth Music Streaming
- Complete Immersion with Discreet Volume Adjustable Surround Speakers
- Optimized for 4K TVs with Dolby Audio 5.1 and HDMI (Cable Included)
- Control with TV Remote using HDMI, Audio Cables Included for Easy Setup
- 5.1-channel 80-Watt powerful surround sound system
- 4K60, 4K120AB* and 8K60B* HDMI 2.1 (*with future update) with HDCP 2.3 and eARC (4 in/1 out)
- Dolby Vision, Hybrid Log-Gamma and BT.2020
- Supports enhanced media and gaming - ALLM, VRR, QFT, QMS (with future update)
- YPAO automatic room calibration
- System includes 6 surround speakers: subwoofer, front left & right, surround left & right and 32" sound bar; Bluetooth wireless...
- 5.1 channel surround sound ready; Voice prompts announce speaker functions and make Bluetooth pairing easier (wireless range - 60...
- LED function indicator, pairing indicator, and power indicator; Master volume control
- Wall mountable sound bar and satellite speakers (hardware and instructions included)
- AC/DC power adapter, remote, mounting hardware/instructions, optical audio cable, 3.5mm to RCA audio cable, and 3 RCA stereo audio...
- Your purchase includes: 1 AV receiver, 5 speakers, 1 Sub-Woofer and Speaker wire
- Dimensions: AV Receiver – 17” W x 6” H x 12” D | Four Speakers (each) – 4” W x 6” H x 4” D | Center speaker –...
- Technical specs: HDMI – 4 | Standby Power Consumption – ≤ 0.2 W | Frequency Response – 28Hz/25kHz
- Bluetooth for streaming all your favorite music and podcasts. No wireless functionality
- Easy setup with Yamaha YPAO room optimization and flexible speaker placement options, including virtual cinema front
- JBL 5.1 surround sound with 510W of power
- Detachable, battery-powered wireless surround speakers
- Thrilling bass from a 10 Inch (250mm) wireless subwoofer
- Wireless music streaming with Bluetooth
- True 4K connectivity with 3 HDMI in/1 HDMI out (ARC)
- Feel every note with a 600W power output
- Get the best seat in the house with 5.1ch real surround sound
- Rear speakers deliver powerful surround sound to complete your home cinema experience
- Effortless setup with easy color-coded connections
- Wireless connectivity for music streaming
- 5.1 Channel Surround Stereo Sound: Bobtot surround sound system has two modes of 5.1/2.1 channel, switch via remote control or...
- 800 Watts Peak Power: Home theater system speakers can reach up to 800 watts of power, 6.5 inch Subwoofer with a built-in...
- Multimedia Support: 5.0 Bluetooth speakers can connect to various smart devices, and support multiple input modes like TV...
- Multiple Application: Easily plug and play, speakers are widely used for numerous scenarios such as Ultra HD 4K TV, game console,...
- 5.0 Bluetooth Connection & Wired Connection: The 5 speakers with built-in cable to connect with the subwoofer, long enough can be...
- NOTE : PD3000BT is just an upgraded version of the PD3000BA
- 3000 WATT POWER: The Pyle 4 Channel Pre Amplifier is perfect for your karaoke and home entertainment sound system. It gives you...
- BLUETOOTH COMPATIBLE: The professional integrated indoor house stereo receiver is equipped with Bluetooth wireless music...
- EQ CONTROLS: The speaker sound amplifying device has crisp buttons for the audio sources and selectors, rotary knob for...
- DISPLAY METER: The compact and rack mount amplifier has a built in digital fluorescent display meter which displays all the...
- Bluetooth 5. 1 Home Theater Speaker System - Stream Music From Your Phone To The Built In Bluetooth Receiver, Integrated Power Amp...
- Easy Plug And Play Connections - Standard Rca Inputs Connect To Most Audio Sources, 6 Independent Rca Inputs For True Surround,...
- Highest Quality - Powered Subwoofer Speaker Is 12. 3" X 6. 7" X 13. 1", 20Hz-20 Khz, 5 Wired Satellite Speakers Are 6. 7" X 4. 1"...
- System Requirements - Standard Us 110V Grounded Wall Plug, Any Audio Device With A Standard 3. 5Mm Headphone Or Rca Stereo Or Rca...
- HTS56 5.1 Channel Home Theater System with LED Light Effects. Plug and play system with everything you need right out of the box....
- 2x 3” Full Range Front Channel Speakers. 2x 3” Full Range Rear Channel Speakers. Top Quality MDF Wood Cabinets with Plastic...
- You can independently control the volume of each speaker and the subwoofer. Bluetooth v2.1. USB Input (max file size 16Gb). SD...
- Optical input to connect to your TV. FM Antenna Input. Full Function Remote. The Subwoofer unit has 4 LED lighting modes: (blink...
- Zero distortion can be heard even with volume and bass settings all the way up! The sound on this system is better than anything...
Buyer Guide to Choose Best Home Theater Systems
How Many Speakers Do You Want?
Choosing a home theater system goes hand in hand with space you have available in the living room. It is, in fact, a product which, in its typical composition.
It is made up of five speakers and a subwoofer (5.1), which must be connected to an amplifier, capable of decoding the Dolby Digital or DTS sound signals coming from an ad hoc source, such as a DVD or Blu-ray player.
The five speakers must be placed in such a way as to guarantee listening to the sound from different positions, to reproduce the three-dimensionality of dialogues and sound effects, and to ensure full involvement in the vision.
Typically three speakers should be placed in front of the viewer, and two should be placed behind them. This configuration requires adequate space.
There are also less bulky systems available for sale, consisting only of two speakers and a subwoofer, designed for those who have limited space available but do not want to renounce good sound quality when watching a movie.
This choice, as well as dictated by the size of the living room, is subordinated to the sound technology that you want to be able to reproduce.
The 2.1 systems support Dolby Surround, while the 5.1 systems support Dolby Digital in all its variants and the DTS (Digital Theater System).
Matter of Watts
To help you make a choice, we must necessarily go into some more technical details but whose knowledge is essential. Let’s talk about the watts which, in the case of home theater systems, are divided into RMS and PMPO.
RMS watts identify the maximum power that the system is capable of delivering in a “clean” way, that is, without sound distortion.
Exceeded this value. Therefore, the audio will be unclear and ruined. The PMPO watts, on the other hand, indicate the price that the system can withstand, beyond which there is a real risk of damaging it.
Home theater with high values, therefore, can ensure high power and clean sound and therefore, can also be used at high volumes neighbors are allowing!
The Importance of Cables
The cables that “carry” the audio signal from the source (typically a DVD or Blu-ray player) to the amplifier and then from there to the home theater speakers are very important. Don’t make the mistake of thinking that “in the end, a cable is a cable”.
The higher the quality of the cables, the better the surround sound performance of the system, especially if we are talking about high-quality systems.
When you buy the cables, take the measurements carefully and always keep a margin of about fifty centimeters, so that the wires are not too tense.
Should I always replace the cables supplied? In this case, the answer can only be: it depends. The best brands of home theater systems offer products of a high level (and selling price) and have cables of equal quality. At the same time, it is easier for the manufacturers of cheaper models to have also saved on the quality of the connections.
We advise you to carefully read the reviews of the five best home theater systems that we have included in our ranking: among these, there may be the one that’s right for you.
With five broadband speakers equipped with 150 W of power, you can truly immerse yourself entirely in films, TV series, and video games enjoying three-dimensional audio of the highest quality.
In addition to the speakers, the Onkyo system also features a 120 W subwoofer, which, although it is a bit bulky, can enhance the bass.
Enhancing them and making them precise even at high volumes. This allows you not only to use the Home Theater system for visual entertainment but also to listen to different musical genres with good results.
Onkyo has equipped its Home Theater system with an AM / FM tuner, so you can also use it to listen to the radio, taking advantage of its audio quality. You can also set the alarm or use one of the 40 random tuner settings.
There is also the possibility to stream from different devices such as laptops, PCs, smartphones and tablets, just connect them to the Home Theater via Bluetooth.
A positive note also for the installation, it takes very little time to connect the speakers and the subwoofer, so you can configure everything in an optimal way even if you are not expert with this kind of device.
As for the speakers, the typical configuration is 5.1, that is, five speakers and a subwoofer, connected to the amplifier. The arrangement of the speakers is very important: the recommended one is ion speakers in front and two placed behind the listener. This way you are literally wrapped in audio.
As for watts, we always remember to choose a power suitable for the size of the room and its acoustics. Therefore, be careful not to overdo it.
When we refer to the watts of a home theater we have to speak in terms of RMS and PMPO. RMS watts relate to the maximum power at which the sound is clean and free of distortions while it represents the maximum power threshold not to be exceeded in order to avoid damage.
It goes without saying that those who love high volume must buy a home theater with high RMS and POMP values.