Insecticides have various applications, both for professional and domestic use; if you are looking for a product that is right for you, regardless of the type of needs you have, our guide will help you understand how to choose a suitable insecticide.
In addition to the tips, you will also find the review of three products in particular that, according to the opinions of the buyers, can be safely considered the best insecticides. If instead of the guide with the preferred generic information of the more direct purchasing advice.
Then you can consult the comparison table, explicitly created to show the substantial differences existing between the best products, to immediately identify which insecticide to buy based on their own needs. Here we will be listing the top 13 best pesticides.
- Note: The "REL" before the month and year stands for the "release" or production date. This product does not have an expiration, "use by", or stated shelf life. Under normal storage conditions, this product will remain effective for 3 to 5 years
- Cypermethrin 25.3%
- Viper EC is for use inside as a crack and crevice spray of nonfood areas including cabinets, windows, doors, closets, shelves, baseboards, and garages. Outdoors Viper may be applied to all areas as a broadcast spray. It has a bit of an odor to it so we recommend testing outside before applying inside.
- Mix Viper Insecticide at a rate of 1.3 oz. per gallon of water and apply as a coarse spray to areas of pest infestation. Fill sprayer with the desired volume of water and add Martins Viper EC Insecticide. Close and shake before use in order to ensure proper mixing. Shake or re-agitate sprayer before use if spraying is interrupted. Make up only as required; repeat treatments when needed.
- Lambda Cyhalothrin 0. 05%
- 221L Residual Insecticide can be used in and around the following locations; Apartments, Campgrounds, food Storage Areas, Homes, Hospitals, Hotels, Meat Packing and Food Processing Plants, Motels, Nursing Homes, Resorts, Restaurants, Schools, Supermarkets, Transportation Equipment, Utilities, Warehouses and Other Commercial and Industrial Buildings.
- 221L Residual Insecticide can be used in and around the following locations; Apartments Campgrounds food Storage Areas Homes Hospitals Hotels and more.
- Power Source Type: Manual
- Quick knockdown and long-lasting - 90+ day residual
- Can be used inside and out
- Size: 1 Envelope contains Four 9.5 gram water soluble packets
- Yield and Mixing: One 9.5g packet mixed with 1 gallon of water covers a 2,000 to 2,500 sq.ft. home.
- Target Pest: Ants, Aphidsc, Assassin Bugs, Boxelder Bugs, California Oakworm, Centipedes, Chiggers, Chinch Bugs, Cockroaches, Crickets, Earwigs, Elm Leaf Beetlec, Firebrats, Fleas, Flies, Millipedes, Mites, Mosquitoes, Pillbugs, Silverfish, Sowbugs, Termitese, Bees, Carpenter Ants, Carpenter Bees, Fire Ants,¤Ô¤¸¤Á¤corpions, Sod Webworms, Spiders, Ticks, Wasps
- Up to 12 month protection (against ants, roaches and spiders indoors on nonporous surfaces)
- Kills all common listed household bugs (refer to product label for complete list of insects)
- Non staining, odor free and dries fast
- Long lasting bug barrier
- No bending, pumping or hand fatigue
- For Sale By Pestcontrolpross Please See Pestcontrolpross Amazon Store for More Professional Pest & Rodent Control Products
- Active Ingredient:(S)-cyano (3-phenoxyphenyl) methyl-(S)-4-chloro-alpha-(1-methylethyl) benzeneacetate 6.40%
- Target Pests: Bed Bugs Roaches Earwigs, Silverfish , Spiders, Fleas, Ticks, Wasps Etc.. Over 200 Pests!! See Label for Full List Of Insects
- Used Indoors and outdoors, in homes, landscaped areas, yards and in food and non-food areas of commercial structures. YOU MUST READ THE LABEL BEFORE USE!
- Pest Control Pros is an independent company and distributor of pest control products. Pest Control Pros can not warranty or guarantee the safety of the products listed on our website as this solely lies with the manufacturer of the product. Products sold on this site are sold throughout the world and it is impossible to know every licensing restriction or requirements, product registration, etc. for every country, state, county, city, province, etc. It is the sole responsibility of the purchaser and the end user to provide a license, permit, registration or whatever is required by their local or state authorities to purchase said product
- Effective Against: ants, cockroaches, mosquitoes, silverfish, spiders, stink bugs, darkling beetles, ticks, flies, fleas, scorpions, bed bugs.
- Active Ingredients: 9.7% Lambda-Cyhalothrin
- For use on outdoor trees and shrubs, including listed fruit and nut trees
- Controls aphids, emerald ash borers, Japanese beetles, birch leaf miners and other listed insects for up to 12 months with one application
- Insecticide absorbed through the roots and into the plant for protection that won't wash off
- Mix 1.47-percent Imidacloprid concentrate with water and pour evenly around the base of the tree or shrub
- For use on outdoor trees and shrubs, including listed fruit and nut trees
- D-FENSE SC is a suspension concentrate insecticide for use both indoors and outdoors for effective knockdown and long residual control of listed pests.
- Mix D-FENSE SC with water and apply using a hand pressurized or power operated sprayer, such as Actisol or similar equipment. For outdoor broadcast application, apply as a coarse spray or with conventional hydraulic boom-type sprayer or other suitable equipment. Shake container well before using.
- ePestSolutions also provides other pest control products which include ant control products , bed bug control , roach control & silverfish control products. Restrictions: AL, AK, AS, CA, DC, IL, KS, ME, NE, NV, NY, NC, VA
- D-Fense SC Insecticide with Deltamethrin is equal in strength to the popular Suspend SC Insecticide, but is much less expensive. D-fense SC is a powerful suspended concentrate (SC) deltamethrin that provides excellent control of a wide variety of insect pests including bed bugs, ants, fleas, flies, silverfish, spiders and cockroaches. D-fense SC can be utilized for crack and crevice and spot applications in homes, hotels, schools, businesses and more. The broad label also allows for spraying on
- For use with Black Flag, Burgess, Cutter, and Repel branded thermal foggers
- Ready to use - no mixing required and no offensive odor
- Kills and repels mosquitoes and biting flies for up to 6 hours
- The same effective system used by professionals to kill mosquitoes
- Everyone can enter the treated area as soon as the fog disperses (typically less than 5 minutes)
- Insect killer: kills listed surface insects including grubs, ants, ticks and more in 24 hours
- 3 Month protection: kills listed soil insects for up to 3 months
- Use on: soil and turf lawns and around the home
- PLUS mosquito killer: kills mosquitoes in addition to 30 other outdoor pests
- 40 oz concentrate treats up to 6,667 sq ft
- Flying insects, flies, gnats, mosquitoes, ants, roaches, silverfish, spiders, carpet beetles, stored product pests, wasps
- Model Number: 59012295
- Item Package Dimensions: 11.0" L x 8.5" W x 12.0" H
- Item Package Weight: 13.0 lb
- Audio CD – Audiobook
- English (Publication Language)
- Audience Rating: NR (Not Rated)
- 12/15/1992 (Publication Date) - Geffen Records / DGC (Publisher)
Everything You Need to Know About Best Insecticides
The table is a simple synoptic table that compares prices, advantages, and disadvantages of the products at the top of our ranking of the best insecticide.
To Be Used with Caution
Insecticides are organic or inorganic substances obtained directly, or through chemical synthesis, formulated to achieve the maximum toxic and incompatible action to the life of insects.
These substances kill insects directly or indirectly, spreading their toxicity also to other living beings, starting from mites up to humans, which is why they must be used with caution and following the illustrated guidelines for each specific product.
The use of insecticides, at a domestic level, can be occasional and required only at certain times of the year, leaving room for other less aggressive and potentially harmful to health methods.
Such as electric traps for example; in agriculture, however, the use of insecticides is much more widespread and also necessary, to preserve plants and ensure good harvests.
Types of Insecticide
Numerous products are available on the market, differentiated based on price and user needs; the most requested for domestic use are above all generic sprays against flying insects and specific insecticides for cockroaches and cockroaches.
While those used for agricultural use are extraordinarily widespread, especially those formulated against Lepidoptera, whose larvae and caterpillars can devastate entire crops.
In choosing the insecticide to buy, apart from the type of use, you must also take into account other factors, starting with the kind of formulation; liquid, dry, or particular.
The category of liquid formulations includes concentrated suspensions and emulsions, soluble powders, and granules, which must be sprayed on plants, or in environments to be disinfected.
The dry formulations include pellets, granules, micro granules, capsules, and microcapsules, which are scattered in the key points and function as baits, attracting the crawling chewing insects, which then transfer them to the relative dens.
In the category of unique formulations, on the other hand, there are gels, usually used against crawling insects, highly persistent lacquers to be applied on surfaces exposed to washouts, preparations for polymer inclusions in the soil, to protect the roots of plants, and prepared for injections into logs and to disinfest old furniture from woodworms.
Whatever your need, however, especially in the case of domestic use, pay close attention to the type of insecticide chosen, the type of formulation and its application, since some products are problematic for people who live with small children or animals. Pets.
Among the products examined in our guide, chosen based on the effectiveness and type of features offered, you will find both the classic sprays for home use, against flies and mosquitoes, and more specific insecticides.
Among these, in first place among other things, is a gel from the German company Bayer, considered by many to be the best brand in this particular production sector, explicitly intended for cockroach infestations.
The product of the Japanese company Sumitomo was also exciting, an insecticide in dispersible granules widely used in agriculture, to protect crops from moth larvae.
It is a specific disinfectant insecticide to be used against cockroaches, it is made in the form of a gel and is packaged directly in 20-gram syringes; it should be applied in drops of a diameter not exceeding about five millimetres, in places where insects usually hide: cracks, hidden corners, thin spaces behind furniture and so on.
One or two drops per square meter of Solfac gel are enough to eradicate light infestations, if instead, the problem is massive then at least three drops per square meter should be used; it is advisable to continue the treatment for at least three months to ensure the complete and systematic elimination of the six-legged horrors.
The dispenser operates on batteries, to be purchased separately, and is equipped with LED indicators and programmable timer, to set the dispensing frequency of your choice.
At intervals of seven, fifteen, or thirty minutes, and the operating period, day or night; once you have inserted the can and programmed the regulator, you can easily dedicate yourself to something else and let it do everything by itself.
According to buyers, it is an effective insecticide against almost all flying insects, starting with flies and midges, but it is useless against terrestrial insects, such as spiders, cockroaches, scissors, and ants, to give an example; against mosquitoes, however, it is valid only in the long term.