Our guide to choosing the best internet radio will help you understand which are the most convenient devices currently on sale on the market, highlighting the most interesting features to always keep in mind in order not to waste your money on anything but satisfactory.
The term internet radio refers in particular to products that allow listening to the radio using a home network connection, both wireless and wired with LAN connection cables.
Here we had selected the best internet radios for you that are present below.
- lNTERNET WIFI RADIO: This digital wifi Internet radio of the ocean includes more than 29,000 Internet radio stations in the region. The radio can store stations that you have listened to up to 99 stations. If you have listened to more than 99 stations, the first station you heard will be replaced.
- BLUETOOTH RECElVER: The radio bluetooth function is ideal for wireless connections and allows you to play multimedia content from external devices.streaming music from your devices. Browse and stream music from your network via UPnP or DLNA .
- CLOCK & ALARMS: The duaI alarm clock function features week/weekend settings, sleep/snooze timer and allows you to set the alarm to either a song, the radio or a buzzer sound. You can choose Wake to Tone, My Favourite as the alarm source and schedule the alarm as you desire -Everyday, Once or multiple days.
- BUlLT-IN RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: This portable wireless radio has a built-in 2000mAh lithium-ion battery, which has a good long-lasting battery life. The playback time on Wi-Fi is long-lasting, which is very suitable for the kitchen, garden or carry around at home.
- PERFECT DESlGN：The ultra-clear, easy to read 2.4” color screen is informative and it displays a big clock at your choice when radio is playing. The WR210N brings a splash of colour to your radio listening with its full colour display.
- [Smart Radios] - Stream and enjoy over 30,000 internet radio from worldwide around the world by WIFI stream, enjoy your all favorite FM radios in the Clean-Crystal quality sound, no limit to enjoy radios from any area and any countries.
- [Spotify Connect] - Built-in Spotify connect, you are in complete control of your Spotify library, enjoy over 20 millions music tracks from Spotify freely.
- [ Bluetooth ] - Wireless bluetooth music streaming with fast-pair and connect to your smartphone to stream your own music collection, enjoy the music and radios anywhere in your home.
- [Portable ]- Portable size with powered by built-in rechargeable battery or powered on by your power bank via USB charging cable ( Included ),idea for taking the radio when you are reading, camping, ridding, sports or take On-The-Go.
- [ Stereo Sound] - Fine Engineering-Tune acoustic enclosure equipped 2 * 2.5 inch full range speaker, it sounds powerful and wide stereo sound.
- PORTABLE INTERNET WIFI RADIO/ BUILT-IN RECHARGEABLE BATTERY: Extra long-lasting play time on Wi-Fi for over 8 hours making it perfect for kitchen, garden or carry around in the house. Speedy power-to-play!
- INTERNET/FM - Variety of listening choices over 20,000+ internet stations for free, comes with ordinary FM reception. On the go!
- BLUETOOTH AUDIO STREAMING – Play your favourite music from your smartphone, tablet or other smart devices through the Bluetooth connectivity(not for wireless headphone/speaker).
- MAKE YOUR FAVOURITE LIST - Add your favourite channels up to 99 on the list.
- MORE COOL FEATURES - Headphone jack, Sleep timer setting, UPnP/DLNA compatible streaming.
- More than 40,000 radio stations
- Save the stations you like in Favourites
- List most popular stations
- Discover radio stations: genre, region, language
- Currently played song title and cover displayed (if available)
- ✅Combination of UPnP/ DLNA streaming Media, internet radio, Bluetooth receiver, and RMS 50W x 2 Channel amplifier. Bluetooth Pairing process is easy and the connection is stable. High-power output RMS: 50 W + 50 W (4 ohms, 40 Hz-20 kHz, 0.2 percentage THD) for Home Speakers
- ✅Optical and coaxial Audio inputs for TV & DVD: DAC Optical to RCA output, 24-bit/192 KHz SPDIF toslink Digital Input to analog audio converter L/R line out sockets and stereo 3.5mm aux in jack. Frequency Response-0 ± 0.5 dB / 0 ± 3.0 dB
- ✅ Access thousands of stations worldwide include BBC, LBC London, SiriusXM internet radio and your music library through via WiFi. Personalize your favourite list up to 99 presets or add the audio streaming URL via PC. Control tuning internet radios channel via PC or smart phone as well as managing Favourite list （Not is a FM/AM radio, Can't receive regular local channels of air)
- ✅Dual Alarm clock and Sleep Timer Setting / 2" HD display / Long distance pure copper Antenna for WiFi and Bluetooth / EQ setting / Multi-language for menu display / IR sensor remote control/ Touch button/Bluetooth wireless streaming range up to 49ft(15m)
- You can return the item if you have any problems. Perfectly suited for your desktop or a smaller space in your home or office, legant design with 4mm thick aluminium front panel and aluminium casing shell to sure high quality
- Over 25 pre-approved KOSHER channels including JewishMusic Stream and more!
- Library & Available channels include an array of music, kids programming, shiurim and more!
- Now available in 3 beautiful colors: Black, Almond, & Maple
- Alarm clock, Auxiliary input & output, battery included, power adapter included
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 4.5" x 7.5" ~ WI-FI REQUIRED
- Get big sound and portable convenience from the Azpen Tabletop Tablet. This unique tablet with built-in dual 5 watts speakers offers a vivid LCD IPS display on a 7" screen for easy navigation of apps, music, videos, and web pages.
- The Quad-Core processor and Android 5.1 Lollipop operating system provide a smooth and simple navigation.
- Snap or chat using the front camera, and link to compatible devices with Bluetooth 4.0. Carry on the go with 6000 mAh lithium battery for up to 7 hours of power.
- 16GB memory built in and microSD card slot; Built-in front 2MP camera; Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth wireless
- Echo Dot is a voice-controlled speaker that uses Alexa to play music, control smart home devices, make calls, answer questions, set timers and alarms, and more.
- Play music from Amazon Music, Apple Music, Spotify, Pandora, SiriusXM, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
- Call or message family and friends hands-free, or drop in from the Alexa App to your Echo device.
- Controls lights, locks, thermostats, and more with compatible connected devices.
- Use the built-in speaker, or for bigger sound, connect to speakers through Bluetooth or audio cable.
- Amazon Prime Video (Video on Demand)
- Cristian Ortega, Lorn MacDonald (Actors)
- Brian Welsh (Director) - Kieran Hurley (Writer)
- English (Playback Language)
- English (Subtitle)
- 30+ channels
- all kinds of music genres
- totally free
Buyer Guide to Choose Internet Radios
When analyzing the technical data sheets in detail, numerous acronyms begin to emerge which could confuse some users who are not accustomed.
Let’s start from the most easily recognizable, that is the abbreviation FM, which indicates the analog radio band, the classic one in short that all the radios of the past used.
If this abbreviation is present you can listen to the radio even without an internet connection, an addition not to be forgotten if it is a portable radio that you always have with you even during your travels.
The next abbreviation, which must always be checked for presence, is DAB or DAB +, or Digital Audio Broadcasting, the new standard that allows you to listen to radio programs broadcast on the web. An internet radio without this abbreviation is not simply such.
Finally, if you find compatibility with Spotify in the datasheet, you may find yourself in front of a potentially complete device.
Those who have a subscription to the music streaming service can, in fact, count on their radio to transmit music at home without having to turn with headphones or smartphone always in their pocket.
Generally, internet radios are compact in size and can be easily positioned anywhere in the house, however, there are exceptions and before purchasing, you must also carefully check this detail. But remember that the smaller they are, the less powerful the built-in speakers will be.
It is, therefore, necessary to try to find a middle ground that can allow you to have a compact radio but that does not sacrifice too much the diameter of the speakers.
In case you want to connect it to a home system with separate speakers, then you can select the product that most closely matches your quality standards, always taking care to take a look at all the types of connections available.
In the first position we have the Auna radio, Connect 150 WN, available in three different colours to meet the different needs of consumers: black, white and hazelnut.
The external appearance is minimalist, on the front you will find two knobs, one for selecting the stations and the other for the volume, with small keys embedded in the body to navigate the menus.
The dimensions are very compact and you will not have any problem in positioning it in any corner of the house, whether you want to use it in the kitchen to listen to music while preparing some delicacies or you want to use it in the living room while reading a good book.
Many consumers also stressed the simplicity of use, a key factor for those who have never put a product of this type into operation.
As for connectivity, on the back we have a series of extremely satisfactory connections, including the slot for the LAN cable, if you do not have a sufficiently powerful home Wi-Fi system, the slot for the power supply, AUX-IN and headphones over than the inevitable USB, to connect compatible sticks or hard disks for playing MP3, WMA, FLAC and AAC archived files.
If these acronyms scare you, don’t be afraid, these are simply the most common extensions for audio files that are usually saved on computers or smartphones, not always visible and therefore could confuse the potential buyer.
The radio also has DAB, DAB + and FM RDS functions, if you do not want to use it as internet radio, therefore, you can always rely on its classic functions.
The most attentive to the digital world will certainly need support for the most famous music streaming of the moment: Spotify. For those unfamiliar with this application.
It is a service that can be used both for free, listening occasionally to some commercials, and for a fee with a monthly subscription that removes the spots and allows you to independently choose any song you want.
The Auna radio provides compatibility with Spotify, good news for subscribers or for those who intend to enter the world of streaming music.
What Is Internet Radio?
The radio has long been the most widely used means of mass communication, even before the advent of the television and the internet.
Younger people might consider it an old-fashioned vehicle but the revolution it brought during the early 1900s was epochal and has resisted the jolts of other media, always representing a point of reference for many people.
Even today, radio is a system that could hardly be dispensed with. Imagine going to work in the morning, by car, bus or train and not being able to listen to your favourite programs or stations via smartphone: a real nightmare.
The concept of radio, however, has not remained true to itself and a bit like what happened with the transition from TV programs to those broadcast on Youtube, it also landed on the internet.
At one time the standard for radio reception was the FM frequency, today instead it is moving towards DAB and DAB +, an acronym that stands for Digital Audio Broadcast, and towards broadcasts that use the web.
The advantage of the latter technology is the ability to listen to the radio without necessarily having a special device but taking advantage of those we have around us every day: smartphones, tablets and computers.
To listen to your favourite stations, just go to the broadcaster’s website, for example, and you can listen to live music while on the smartphone you can use special applications to space between Italian and worldwide broadcasters.
Those who say that the radio is dead are mistaken, they have simply evolved as a means of communication, becoming even more unifying on a global scale.
Which Product to Choose?
Anyone wishing to purchase an internet radio, a device capable of connecting to the home network and bypassing the use of smartphones and PCs, is really spoiled for choice, there are indeed compact ones, with numerous functions, capable of connecting to other devices or use subscriptions to services like Spotify to listen to your playlists.
There is internet radio for every imaginable use and you will simply have to establish a budget to immediately select the one that best suits you. They are also not particularly expensive devices and many are also available below the hundred euros.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Listen to Internet Radio?
To listen to the radio while on the PC and without having a specific device, there are various options. The first and most immediate is to reach the website of your favorite radio station to be able to listen to live programs on the air.
The second one, on the other hand, allows you to choose your favorite station from a list, but to do this you need to download a special program and install it.
The program in question is Screamer Radio and does not require any type of payment for download or use. Simply reach the official website to download it and you will be ready to listen to the radio on your PC.
How Much Does It Consume Listening to Internet Radio?
Those who have a tariff plan based on GB consumption, whether at home or from a smartphone, must always be attentive to consumption which could be significant in the case of video streaming.
As for audio tracks, data consumption is certainly more contained even if it should not be taken aback. In this case, we must consider the bitrate, which under 56 kbps leads to 25 GB of hourly consumption while over 320 kbps we are talking about 120 GB per hour.
How Does Internet Radio Work?
Basically it is a device that is able to connect to the internet, thus exploiting the network to find and reproduce the radio content transmitted via the Web by the various broadcasters.
In principle, the various models on the market are already set up with the internet addresses of the most important and well-known stations.
But since the beauty of this type of product is also that of discovering little-known, artisanal or broadcasting stations ‘other part of the world, you can also manually set the streaming address or search.
Be careful not to confuse internet radio with the DAB + tuner, because the former uses the network to reproduce broadcasts, the latter the digital signal that travels in the ether (as a sort of evolution of FM radio waves).
How to Record Radio from The Internet?
Recording radio from the internet, in today’s era, might seem like an exercise in style and nothing more but it must be considered that radio programs do not always offer podcasts to be listened to quietly after being aired or if they often do so are divided into short clips.
In order not to miss even a moment of your favourite radio program you can use different programs, both from smartphone and from PC, such as Audials Radio, downloadable for free in the Lite version and paid for the Pro version.
After a quick registration to the program, you will be able to access the various broadcasters by dividing them by broadcast music, by country or even by artists.
Once you have chosen the program you can select the Register option and let the app do its job, finally pressing Stop when you want to stop it. The file will, therefore, be saved in the Recordings menu, from which you can listen to it as many times as you wish.
How to Listen to The Radio on Pc without Internet?
Listening to the radio on a PC without having access to the internet may seem initially impossible, however it is not exactly like that and there are some ways to do this. First of all, you need to download a program called WinRadio, so you will need a connection on some computers.
Once downloaded, you can pass the executable on a stick and bring it to the PC disconnected from the network. After installing, you just have to buy an FM antenna with a USB slot to insert into the PC slot and you can start listening to your favorite radio programs.