There are those who without music or without their favorite radio program just can’t stay. Like the TV, the radio keeps you company when you are alone at home, while working or when traveling by car.
Precisely because maybe you love to be accompanied by the radio throughout the day, a portable radio rather than a fixed one could be very useful, so as to always keep it with you and move it from one corner of the house to another or, if the size allows, bring it out with you, maybe for a nice walk in the park.
Right here we had selected the best pocket radios that are listed below.
- Built-in speaker and headphone jack
- Telescoping antenna
- Carrying strap for added convenience
- Battery powered; 2 x AA (sold separately)
- LED tuning indicator & LED battery status indicator
- AM/FM and NOAA Weather Band Pocket Sized Radio
- Excellent selectivity and sensitivity for its size, 5 one touch memory presets
- Built in speaker or can be used with included earbuds
- Backlight, Sleep timer, Clock and Alarm, Removable belt clip
- Runs on (2) AA Batteries
- Digital AM/FM/NOAA Public Alert Weather Radio with PLL Synthesized Tuning
- 19 Random Presets for AM/FM/WX with My Favorite Station Select Button
- Real Time Clock, Sleep Timer, Auto Seek and Optional 90 Minute Auto Shut Off
- Built-In Speaker with DBB (Dynamic Bass Boost), Large Backlit LCD Display and Stereo Headphone Output
- Removable Belt Clip, FM Wire Antenna and Earbuds Included, Uses 2 AA Batteries (not included)
- HD radio digital and analog AM/ FM-Stereo reception with 40 memory presets (20 FM, 20 AM) pad (program associated data) service and support for emergency alerts function
- Real time clock and date, alarm, Sleep and snooze functions and 2 alarm timers that allow you to wake by radio, buzzer or hws (Humane wake system)
- Information display for Channel frequency, call sign, radio text, Audio mode, service mode, signal quality and clock time on easy to read LCD display with backlight
- I/O jacks: DC in, headphone and HD/ FM rod antenna
- Powered by included switching AC adapter or 3 AA batteries (not included)
- HIGH QUALITY RECEPTION AM/FM RADIO- Supports AM/FM 2 band stereo radio with an automatic search and store feature which can remember up to 58 of your favorite stations. Long press "Tuner +/-" and then it will automatically search effective station and stop. Crystal clear reception allows you to enjoy music, morning talk shows, sports games, etc at home or go camping outdoor.
- USEFUL EMERGENCY KIT- It only plays with earphones and has no external speaker or backlight with display. Be prepared in the event of a hurricane and other emergency cases as you will still be able to receive news via this tuning radio even when you have no cell phone or signal. When you don’t want to be interrupted by calls while listening to music via cell phone, use the retro personal radio as an addition.
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT- Highly portable, this little simple radio is around the size of a credit card, and can slip easily into any pocket, handbag or glove compartment. Use it for jogging, walking around neighborhood, taking the dog for walk, workout at the gym, or running. It’s also an ideal gift idea for birthdays of elderly or kids, Christmas, or ‘just because’.
- RECHARGEABLE BATTERY- No need to change batteries frequently, simply use the included USB cable to charge and the lithium battery life will last up to 10 hours. A flash icon on the LCD screen indicates the radio is charging. Save battery on your mobile devices by listening to music on your personal radio instead.
- ACCESSORIES INCLUDED - Accessories include a velvet bag, user manual, 3.5mm jack earphones, lanyard, and a usb cable.
- The MPR-AF1 is a pocket portable radio with headphones. It includes a long-life rechargeable battery, that does not require you to inconveniently replace batteries while out on the go. The MPR-AF1 is your personal radio it is a great for receiving your local sports radio, NPR, and your favorite music.
- The MPR-AF1 has an internal ferrite bar antenna that in-itself has extreme sensitivity, but our engineers went a step beyond the internal ferrite antenna, intelligently designing the headphone jack to also act as an external antenna jack as well. This allows your headphones to be used as a long external antenna (while still providing crisp stereo audio). A true feat of engineering.
- More than just a mini am fm radio walkman, the MPR-AF1 includes a built-in clock, and includes features such as storing your favorite channel presets or allowing you to lock the keypad (to ensure your channel is locked in, while you are out moving on the go).
- The MPR-AF1 includes two different styles of headphones, allowing you to pick the most comfortable way to use your pocket radio. The convenient LCD display shows the exact am or fm stereo station that you are listening to. This allows you to easily see and tune to your favorite radio station.
- BTECH is proud to be in the USA, which allows you to have the best available local support for any issue that may arise. We only engineer and develop radio products. That focus allows you to have the best available radio, with the most features, at the best price.
- Am/ FM-Stereo pocket radio with drift-free PLL Synthesized tuner and built-in speaker
- 19 radom AM/FM memory presets with Auto station Scanning and auto seek
- Large backlit LCD display, selectable stereo/mono switch, stereo headphone output, low battery indicator, 90 minute auto shut off, DBB dynamic bass boost, lock switch, My favorite stations and real time clock
- Removable belt clip, stereo earbuds, trailing antenna included
- High-impact ABS case measures just 4. 2”H x 2. 5”W x . 75”D inches
- Expanding FM Frequency to 64-108 MHz and 87-108MHz; Add some new functions, such as “MUTE” and etc steps adjustable
- Supports AM FM 2 BRAND STEREO RADIO, 9/10KHz AM Adjustable
- Automatic search and store the radio station; Few simple buttons to easy operate for anyone
- Small size with earphone, lock switch to prevent accidental operation; Ideal gifts for your family and friends
- Compact design, easily into pocket or handbag, perfect for staying in or outdoor sport.
- Portable AM FM radio; this two band radio has FM frequency from 64/87 to 108 MHz and AM from 520/522-1710 KHz; 9/10KHz AM steps adjustablePortable pocket radio; 3.3 x 0.5 x 1.8 in; 0.22 lb; the size of the mini radio is like a deck of playing cards; but lighter; it is ideal for jogging when you go out; you can put it in your pocket or tie it to your arm
- Lock button; pocket digital radio with a lock button which can prevent your radio from accidental operation when you press the button; this feature allows you to enjoy listening while walking; jogging or doing other movements without having to repeatedly adjust the radio
- Good reception and stereo sound; earphone can be used as antenna for better reception in weak signal place; you can put the mini pocket radio in trouser pocket to extend earphone line for better signal ; radio also has FM stereo listing through the earphone
- Long work time; FM pocket radio built-in 500mAh rechargeable lithium battery; you can charge the radio with USB charging cable; it only takes five hours to fully charge but radio can work at least 10 hours
- Timeless gift idea; if you want to score some compliments when choosing a present for your parents; grandparents; or children; this walkman radio is the ultimate gadget to purchase; simple to use; yet elegant and classy; it is sure to fill their heart with joy
- AM/FM Portable Radios with Great Reception: the 16.5 inches extra-long range telescopic transistor antenna ensures a best stable radio signal for music, news, sports games & talk shows.
- Built-in High Performance Speaker: with a high quality big loud speaker, listening to the radio with clear sound on the go is like a breeze. The earphone jack also provides private personal listening space.
- Simple to Operate: the radio applies no complicated setting, tune in a radio station is a two-step operation, making it the most suitable small gifts for dad, senior, elderly, parents, grandparents
- Portable Design with Hand String: sized L5 x H2.7 inch x W1.2 inch, this compact hand held radio is a warm companion for walking, running, excise, doing cleaning, camping, travelling and hiking etc.
- Battery Powered: powered by two AA alkaline batteries (supplied), the radio will keep you stay connected to the world when power goes out, a perfect addition for emergency kit during bad weather.
- 【Excellent Reception】 Equipped with high-quality DSP chip, and earphones worked as antenna, ensure more stable and more clear signals, NO need to pull out the antenna like other analog pocket AM/FM radios
- 【Transistor Radio with Pocket Size】Measures only 1.65*0.68*3.26 inch, almost the same mini size as cigar lighter, pretty lightweight to hold in hand, carry the AM/FM walkman radio to start your jogging, riding, walking, camping, etc
- 【Easy To Use】Just three buttons to pick up your favourite stations, very easy to operate like old portable radio, suitable for both the old and the young
- 【AAA Battery Operated】Operated by dual AAA batteries(not included), due to the simple feature, helps to extend the battery lifespan to 30 hours or more
- 【Stereo Sound】On the mode of FM ST and BBS at the same time, delivers rich stereo sound with deep bass, with 3.5mm earphones socket, enjoy the fantastic time by yourself
- TAKE A BREATHER FROM TECHNOLOGY –In this digital era, you're surrounded by your smartphone, iPad or laptop, leaving you with no breathing space and no peace of mind. But sometimes all you need is to lay back with a simple transistor radio, like in the old days. With this AM/FM Portable Pocket Radio, you can unwind by tuning into your favorite music station, with zero distractions, and no annoying touch screens with endless options. Authentic pleasure in real time.
- POWER OUTAGE, TRANSISTOR OUTRAGE - When power interruptions occur for long periods of time, batteries of all gadgets eventually die. It's a very stressful feeling of isolation. But with this AM/FM transistor radio, which runs on AA batteries found in every household, you can stay connected and get broadcast news in real time. Keep one in your emergency kit, it'll come in handy.
- FEELS GOOD, SOUNDS BETTER - In an age of ever evolving digital electronics, it's nice to know some things never change. Radio broadcasts rock even today. This AM/FM pocket radio will take you back to your younger years without compromising sound quality. With a built-in large speaker, it can easily fill a room with your treasured songs, or favorite baseball game.
- LONG LASTING ENJOYMENT–Using your devices throughout the day eats up batteries in a few hours’ time. With our AM/FM radio, your AA batteries will last for weeks. So go ahead and take it on a long trip, or give it to your son or daughter for camp. You will get great feedback upon their return.
- TIMELESS GIFT IDEA – Want to score some compliments when choosing a present for your parents, grandparents, aunts or uncles? This AM/FM radio is the ultimate gadget to purchase. Simple to use, yet elegant and classy, it's sure to fill their heart with joy.
Pocket Radios Buying Guide
When buying a portable radio, you may want to choose a model that is not limited to just the tuner function. For example, a very welcome accessory is the CD player that allows you to brush up on the collection of discs and listen to them by returning a bit to the old charm of music on physical media.
Usually, portable radio CD players can also read rewritable or data CDs, so you can listen to entire playlists with MP3 files. The most advanced portable radios also have USB connections and AUX inputs that allow you to listen to digital music from pen-drives, hard drives, and portable devices.
Finally, if you are willing to buy a portable radio with a higher price, you can find products on the market that support Bluetooth connection and stream music from your PC, smartphone, or tablet.
Materials and Quality
Since we are talking about portable radios, we allow ourselves to exclude the discussion on the dimensions, since they will all be quite compact. As far as materials are concerned, however, it must be taken into account that very often these appliances are not exactly the maximum resistance.
It is nonsense, but let’s say that the longer you keep them still, the longer they will last. Of course, there are models on the market offered by the best brands a little more resistant than others.
We recommend these to those who want to bring the portable radio to the beach every weekend or maybe go camping often.
On the quality of the sound, portable radios are usually held on discrete although not exceptional levels, because the built-in speakers are quite limited. That’s not to say that the audio will be bad, but probably the high and low frequencies (especially these) may not be exactly crystal clear.
In case you are looking for something really portable, better to know the difference between classic radios and amateur transceivers. The first is the classic ones that are used to listen to radio stations, have a speaker, and can be connected to headphones.
They are ideal for following sports games or radio broadcasts when you are away from home, also because they are usually very compact and can be put in your pocket.
Amateur radios, or radio scanners, are instead more suitable for an audience of experts or enthusiasts since they are equipped with a very powerful reception ideal for taking frequencies that are impossible to reach with normal radios.
Listening to your music nowadays has become a much less complicated matter than in the past. The physical format of CDs still holds up well among a circle of fans of the physical format. Sony supports this choice by inserting a good quality CD player into the top of its stereo.
Just press a button and you’re done. On the front of the controls and adjustments, we are at a functional and intuitive basic level, with the start and pause button and the stop button to manage song playback.
A small display then takes care of showing the number of the available track. For those who prefer a digital playlist it is quickly done; just connect a pen or smartphone via USB or AUX socket to bypass listening to the stereo speakers.
The tuning system allows the storage of 30 radio stations to choose from, a pleasant aspect for those who love to change genres and alternate listening to a disc with the voice of a speaker or of the piece that has reached the top of the ratings.
In the upper part, there is the power button and two buttons for listening to favorite radio stations and that is heard with greater pleasure and frequency. The audio returned according to several users is clear and the voice passes without distortion with a good level of tuning.
How to Use a Portable Radio?
With Cd Player
In addition to tuning to radio stations, a portable radio can also allow you to listen to a CD. Clearly it depends on the model. It is equally clear, however, that such a radio is more cumbersome, so always keep this aspect in mind.
If you don’t want to change CDs every time you could opt for a model that can also read MP3 files. Attention, this feature does not mean that there is necessarily a USB port to house the Pendrive, simply that the CD player can also read the aforementioned files.
To take all the radio stations and above all, listen to them well, without annoying rustling, it is important that the radio has good reception. This can be improved by orienting the antennas.
However, even the area where you place the radio can affect this, so be sure to place it in a place well covered by the signal.
The Dab Radio
Since we have dealt with the topic of the radio signal, reception, we cannot fail to suggest DAB radio as an alternative. This device is not affected by the reception problems that can cause the so-called barriers, which can be represented by various walls and obstacles.
Moreover, digital radios also allow you to view textual and video content. The only thing you should check is the presence of the service in your area, given that the spread throughout the area is still wild.
The Clock Radio
We conclude with a radio that has a dual function, that is, to allow you to listen to music but also to wake up accompanied by the notes of your favorite songs or broadcasters. We are talking about the clock radio can be set to activate at a set time, so as not to be late for work or school.