The reel is a fundamental part of the fishing rod. On the market, it is possible to find many types, but the most common and easy to use ones for a beginner are the fixed coil ones.
The nylon thread (or of other materials) is already inserted and ready to use, avoiding the user to purchase it separately and proceed by itself to roll it around the reel, a practice that could discourage most people.
The advantage of this type of product is that they are often sold with a spare reel that allows them to be used for different kinds of fishing.
Right here, we had listed out the best kastking reels that are present below.
- NEW DESIGN KastKing Royale Legend GT (Grand Touch) baitcaster reels puts you first with outstanding performance, great looks, superb comfort and feel at an affordable price. You will love the carryover low profile casting reel design from the KastKing Royale Legend II fishing reel. One look and you know this is the baitcast reel you!
- ALL ABOUT THE FEEL KastKing developed incredible synthetic soft grip handles for the Royale Legend GT casting reel. Their remarkable feel led to the name, “Grand Touch.” It will give you a great grip in any situation and allows you to fish all day long with a comfortable grip. Grand Touch handle grips are mounted on a strong 95.5 mm 6061 aluminum alloy handle.
- OUTSTANDING FEATURES 8 cross-fire magnets for baitcaster braking efficiency and superior casting control, a low profile palmable of just 1.65 inch height above the reel seat and a total weight of only 7.2 ounces. Combine those fishing tournament features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a whopper stopping 17.6 lbs of drag for an incredible value in baitcasting reels.
- BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE AND ENDURANCE 5 + 1 Double Shielded Stainless Steel Bearings, Hamai precision cut brass 37 mm main gear, brass pinion gear, brass main shaft, nickel-plated brass worm shaft, stainless steel hardware, a sweet spot 7.2:1 gear ratio with 29.8” IPT for quick line pick up, smooth ceramic line guide. Line Capacity Mono (Lbs/Yds):10/130,12/110,14/9, Braid: (Lbs/Yds): 40/130, 50/110, 65/90
- DAZZLING LOOKS KastKing Royale Legend GT fishing reels have a stunning matte red finish on the frame and trim with sleek gloss black side covers, and a black and red anodized aluminum spool that will turn heads at any fishing hole or bass fishing tournament. Available in right hand and left hand models, this baitcast reel can be used for freshwater or saltwater fishing.
- EASY TO USE SPINCASTING REEL - The new KastKing Cadet Spincast Fishing Reel is ready to catch fish as soon as you take it out of the box. Push button reels are designed for anyone to use at any age or fishing experience level. The Cadet Spincast reel delivers performance and ease of use while providing an exceptional value in a quality spincasting fishing reel.
- DUAL, STAINLESS-STEEL LINE PICK UPS - KastKing Cadet Spincasting reels are loaded with features normally only found on more expensive reels. A key component to great Spincasting reels is that they must have two, fishing line pick-up pins to perform flawlessly even under slack line conditions. The Cadet Spincasting Fishing Reel features a stainless-steel, dual pickup system that will quickly grab line even under slack line conditions so you can make another cast or effectively hook a fish.
- QUALITY COMPONENTS - Cadet Spincast Reels are built for reliability and easy use. Its lightweight and durable graphite body and nose cone will stand up to years of fishing memories. And, when you do hook up with that fish of a lifetime, the smooth drag will make landing your catch easy.
- LOW-PROFILE DESIGN - The low-profile design of the new KastKing Cadet Spincast reel, commonly called bullet reels, is perfect for small hands and young anglers. The reel body is kept close the reel handle to reduce hand fatigue and torque when landing fish and to make casting much easier. The Cadet Spincaster also has a single handle with comfortable padding that is easy to hold on to.
- PRE-SPOOLED WITH PREMIUM MONOFILAMENT LINE - The KastKing Cadet Spincasting style spinning reel is ready to take fishing right out of the box because it comes pre-spooled with premium monofilament fishing line. No need to spend more money and time filling the reel with line, just attached the reel to your fishing rod, tie on your favorite lure or bait and go fishing! KastKing Cadet is perfect for Trout fishing, Panfish or small bass.
- NEXT-GEN - KastKing Sharky III spinning reels look great. They are built tough to land trophy fish in saltwater and freshwater. Sharky III are superb lightweight fishing reels built with a high percentage fiber reinforced graphite body and rotor!
- PURE POWER - You will love Sharky III spinning reel's amazing best-in-class up to 39.5LBs / 18KG of smooth, reliable triple disc carbon fiber drag, oversized stainless-steel main shaft, and stronger precision mesh manganese brass pinion gears.
- K.I.S.S. - Sharky III spinning reels are sealed with a KISS! Sharky III has a unique protection water resistant design for its spool, body, and rotor - K.I.S.S. (KastKing Intrusion Shield System). It helps keep water and dirt out.
- SUPER SMOOTH - You'll be blown away by the quiet, silky smooth retrieve of the Sharky III. Plus, with the unique Shark Fin Braid Ready aluminum spool, you no longer need to use backing line when spooling on braid fishing line.
- AFFORDABLE INNOVATION - Sharky III spinning reel has more features, including 10 + 1 high quality, saltwater rated double shielded stainless steel ball bearings, instant lock anti-reverse, stainless steel hardware, aluminum handle, and more line capacity.
- GREAT VALUE - Loaded with features yet low on price. KastKing Summer/Centron offers the best value...at any level. The KastKing Summer Fishing Reel turns any angler into a PRO.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - narrow graphite frame design and computer balancing system combine high performance in a compact Spinning Reel. KastKing Summer/Centron makes an awesome gift for anybody who loves fishing, the 500 size reels match perfectly ice rods and make a perfect ice combo.
- HIGH POWERED - KastKing Summer/Centron spinning reel's Superior Drag System offers incredible stopping power up to 17.5LBs. It has a hardened metal main shaft, perfect mesh drive gear and precision machined pinion gear for fish fighting power.
- SMOOTH PERFORMANCE - Summer/Centron's nine quality ball bearings and one instant stop one-way anti-reverse bearing give it ultra-smooth performance.
- DURABLE/ATTRACTIVE FINISH - Summer/Centron's attractive, brilliant finish and its high strength two color anodized aluminum spool, with a power launch lip for longer casts and holds more line than competitor's models that sell for much more.
- Exceptional Spinning & Baitcasting Reels – Fish like a gladiator! KastKing Crixus fishing reels feature lightweight, carbon infused frames, CNC aluminum spools, 5+1 double shielded stainless ball bearings, powerful carbon drags and many more performance features. These are simply the best value in fishing.
- KastFlex IM6 Graphite Blanks - KastKing Crixus spinning and casting rods are designed to deliver incredible performance for any budget. Crixus powerful and sensitive IM6 Graphite 2-pc fishing rod blanks range in power ratings from light to medium heavy in 5’6” to 6’6” lengths.
- Golf Style Superpolymer Handle – Superpolymer handles are comfortable, durable and exceptionally slip resistant giving you maximum grip and control over your fishing rod in the wettest conditions.
- Stainless Steel Guides w/Zirconium Oxide Rings - Today’s serious anglers know that quality components make the fishing rod. KastKing uses only high-quality stainless-steel guide frames with Zirconium Oxide rings that deliver long, smooth casts and durable performance with fluorocarbon, monofilament or braided fishing lines
- Power Transition System (PTS) – All Crixus spinning and casting fishing poles are two-piece construction for easy transport and storage. The unique PTS technology will make the Crixus just feel like one-piece performance rods.
- Lightweight and Sensitive Toray IM6 Graphite Blanks – Centron Spinning Combos feature a sensitive and light-weight Toray IM6 Graphite blank designed to provide exceptional value and performance for all anglers. All combos are 2 pc and come in lengths from 6’ for Bass, Trout and Panfish and go all the way to 8’ for Catfish, Steelhead and even Salmon.
- Stainless Steel Guides w/O-Rings – Strong and durable stainless-steel guides are used on all models with premium O-ring inserts that perform perfectly with both mono or braided lines. The lightweight stainless frames look great and keep the weight down for a perfectly balanced rod blank.
- Contoured EVA Handles and Fighting Butt – We finish the rods with contoured EVA handles and fighting butt, so the rods feel great in your hand and provide all day comfort and a sure grip while providing for a perfectly balanced rod. Split rear handles are used on the 6’ to 7’ all-purpose combos and full-length EVA handles on the 7’6” medium heavy & 8’ heavy action combos which are perfect for catfish, salmon/steelhead or other large fish.
- Includes Centron Spinning Reel – Each combo includes a perfectly matched KastKing Centron spinning reel that matches the rod and the type of fish that it is intended for. Reel sizes start at a compact size 2000 and go all the way to a powerful size 5000 that is perfect for the 8’ heavy action rod intended for Catfish, Salmon and Steelhead.
- Premium Reel Specs at a Value Price – The KastKing Centron features a 5.2:1 or 4.5:1 gear ratio, 9+1 Maxi-Dur ball bearings, anti-twist line roller, light weight graphite frame and aluminum spool. The super smooth reel action is complemented by a powerful triple disc felt drag system.
- Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel– Fish like a gladiator! KastKing Crixus Baitcasting reels - Dark Star Version, are designed for exceptional value and performance. Don’t be fooled by its low price. A Crixus casting reel performs like fishing reel costing twice the price. Although only 7.3 ounces, KastKing Crixus is as tough, strong and durable as its gladiator name. Crixus DarkStar is a beautiful, matte black with hi-tech blue anodized features that will look great on any rod you own.
- Tournament Proven Components – Crixus casting reels feature heavy duty brass main and pinion gears that deliver long life, higher speeds and low noise. The Crixus baitcast reel comes in a fast retrieve 7.2:1 gear ratio. It has a CNC machined aluminum U-Shaped spool for longer casts and higher fishing line capacity. The lightweight aluminum handle has comfortable, slip resistant Super Polymer grips, unheard of at this price, for all day fishing comfort!
- Smooth and Reliable Carbon Disc Drag – A great fishing reel in any arena! KastKing Crixus Dark Star baitcasting fishing reels deliver performance and value. Each reel features an exceptionally smooth and powerful (4)-carbon disc drag system that delivers over 17.6 lbs. of fish stopping drag power. The drag is infinitely adjustable, which allows you to use lighter fishing line, with a lightweight aluminum, star-shaped drag knob.
- Ultra-smooth Performance – KastKing Crixus Dark Star baitcaster reels are equipped with 7 shielded, stainless-steel high quality ball bearings plus an instant anti-reverse bearing. The Crixus cast reel uses a reliable and proven magnetic braking system that has 8 magnets to give the angler many levels of spool braking to eliminate frustrating overruns, so you spend more time fishing. Long, controlled casts are now yours with baits of all sizes under a variety of conditions.
- Reliability You Can Trust – You can count on the NEW KastKing Crixus baitcasting reel to be ready to go fishing at a moment’s notice. KastKing is committed to building trouble free casting reels that will deliver hassle free performance year after year. The KastKing Crixus baitcasting fishing reel is not only affordable but will provide a level of performance never achieved at this price before. You deserve to battle fish like a gladiator with a fishing reel priced for the crowd.
- MegaJaws – Inspired by the most powerful sea predator, the KastKing MegaJaws baitcasting fishing reel conveys essential shark elements that represent the power and strength that sport fishing anglers desire today. The shark tooth front hood, shark fin side covers, and rigid metal components will consistently remind you the sense of dominance and the total confidence on the water.
- Super Long-Cast System & Slick Design – The MegaJaws unique KastKing LFTV (Low Friction Tapered Vortex), funnel shaped line guide greatly reduces line friction, giving you super long casts. MegaJaws adopts the same palm perfect ergonomic engineering as the Royale Legend Elite. Its low-profile frame fits perfectly and comfortably in the palm of your hand. MegaJaws is a compact, palm sized baitcaster that reduces fatigue for all day long comfort. Cast after cast, you will feel the difference.
- Color-Coded System – KastKing knows how difficult it can be to quickly identify a specific gear ratio reel on the deck of your boat for a specific fishing application. KastKing has given the MegaJaws unique colors for each gear ratio so you can quickly identify the right reel for the job and gain a competitive advantage to win bass fishing tournaments. Select from 5.4:1. 6.5:1, 7.2:1, and one of the fastest ratios in the market -- 9.1:1.
- Powerful Components - MegaJaws bait casters are full featured, tournament ready reels in every way. 11+1 double shielded stainless steel bearings throughout; The manganese brass pinion and main gears and a nickel-coated brass worm drive gear provide strength, durability and consistent performance for freshwater or saltwater fishing. Its ultra-smooth carbon fiber drag uses multiple carbon discs providing up to 17.6 lbs of fish stopping power for hard fighting trophy fish.
- Attention to Detail – Command your fishing situation with CNC Aluminum spools for amazing casts, a powerful aluminum handle with comfortable rubber cork knobs, and a spool tensioning knob with click stop adjustments. The unique MegaJaws magnetic casting control system features 8 magnets with 10 adjustment settings that control backlash and overruns. Easy access lubrication and drainage ports provide long-term performance and simple maintenance.
- MOST POWERFUL TRANSFORMER IN FISHING – KastKing MegaTron transforms the industry with the roll out of another great freshwater and saltwater fishing reel. The MegaTron spinning reel brings you a unique, geometrical, bionic engineering design. A spinning reel of this rugged build and unique optics deserves a special place in your fishing tackle arsenal. Its precise geometric forms offer a distinct autobot look that set it apart from all others and helps reduce weight while maintaining strength.
- RIGID ALUMINUM SKELETAL FRAME - The KastKing MegaTron spin fishing reel is built for enormous strength and endless durability. The MegaTron aerospace aluminum alloy skeletal design frame is more than a great look! It’s the basis for its strength to battle hard fighting fish in fresh and saltwater. With its matrix of leadership KastKing rolls out this series of affordable metal body reels and sends a shock wave through the industry. KastKing MegaTron transforms you into the angler you want to be.
- PRO LEVEL QUALITY GEARS – MegaTron spinning reels provide maximum performance and strength for all tournament anglers looking for victory. The main drive gear is made of durable zinc alloy matched with a pinion gear machined from solid brass. Both deliver rigidity and smoothness needed in building reels ready to tackle tough conditions. MegaTron spinning reels feature a CNC machined T6061 aerospace aluminum alloy spool and exclusive design robot inspired aluminum handles.
- MORE POWER – KastKing MegaTron spinning reels are waiting for you to handle the biggest fish. Every MegaTron fishing reel features an exceptionally smooth carbon fiber drag system that delivers over 30 lbs. of impressive run-stopping power. Making MegaTron a perfect big game spinning reel. The triple-disc carbon fiber drag delivers consistently strong and flawless drag without start-up hesitation that can result in snapped fishing lines and lost fish.
- FLUID PERFORMANCE - You will be amazed at the dynamics and faultless mechanics of KastKing MegaTron spinning reels. Each reel features 7+1 MaxiDur double-shielded stainless-steel ball bearings. The instant anti-reverse provides for quick hooksets. Double-shielded stainless ball bearings mean the MegaTron will perform equally in saltwater fishing and freshwater fishing, they are like a fishing robots in disguise! Fish with peace of mind.
- New features added - like its gladiator name, The Spartacus bait casting reel is a warrior! KastKing Spartacus bait casting reel has the dynamic features you need in the Battle for your personal best.
- Powerful - you will love the exceptional micro-cast dual centrifugal and magnetic brakes. Plus Tournament ready carbon fiber drag with 17.6 lbs of Trophy fish stopping power.
- Smooth - a Spartacus bait casting reel has: superior shielded 11 + 1 corrosion resistant ball bearings, CNC Machined aluminum spool for smooth casting, powerful precision matched brass gears.
- No mercy - a KastKing Spartacus bait caster fishing reel with its versatile 6.3: 1 gear ratio create an exceptional bait casting weapon in your fishing tackle collection.
- Game Changer - Go beyond the limits with this phenomenal, yet affordable new Spartacus bait cast reel that is smoother and more powerful than any other brand bait casters in its price range.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Kastking Reels
The reel has become, together with the rod, the very symbol of fishing and, since it was invented, it has dramatically expanded the possibilities of the fisherman and the types of fish that can be caught.
The most common reels are those with a fixed reel and are often sold with a spare spool that allows you to adapt them to different techniques, from bottom fishing to spinning. They are great for very long casts and those with light baits.
During the winding, a compelling twist is created on the nylon, and it will be necessary, most likely, to make a change during the fishing season.
This problem does not occur with rotating reels, widely used in casting, trolling and drifting. They are more sophisticated models to use, and spinners often need some time and practice to master the right technique; they are mainly used when dealing with particularly combative fish.
For enormous specimens, it is better to rely on a specific trolling reel that does not allow you to launch or move the crank from right to left. On the other hand, it is capable of spooling large quantities of wire and is equipped with a buzzer that signals the bite and the wire coming out.
For fishing on the high seas at hundreds of meters deep, you will need a more sophisticated and complex electric reel, and, in this case, the price variable becomes fundamental: many models could prove to be decidedly out of budget.
Construction and Components
If fishing is or is about to become your passion, we do not recommend buying reels made of inexpensive materials, which allow you to save money, but which do not offer the necessary guarantees.
The models of the best brand stand out over the others because they are able to ensure the two indispensable requirements for a reel: resistance and lightness.
With the advent of carbon and composite materials, it has been possible to create extremely long-lasting products, resistant to shocks, salt corrosion, and, at the same time, also very comfortable to use.
There are also other essential parts that make up the reel, such as the bearings that must be of quality and fixed in the right places; on these depends the fluidity of the rotation and the comfort of use.
The bearing marked +1 indicates the needle bearing, which, acting as a non-return, increases comfort even more during the Ferrata phase.
As for the bow, the closing click must be perfect, while the crank and knob must guarantee a safe and comfortable grip.
The choice of the reel is strictly linked to the type and weight of the fish to be caught, therefore compare prices and performances but also pay attention to the size which is expressed in numbers, from 1,000 to 20,000, and which indicates the size and capacity of the reel.
For example, very light reels up to 2,000 are suitable for fish up to 2 kg; light ones from 2,500-3,000 for fish up to 4 kg and so on up to heavy ones, recommended for large specimens weighing over 8 kg.
The Perfect Balance Between Lightness and Resistance
It stands out for its captivating design characterized by particular red and black finishes that convey a feeling of reliability and value, although many have complained about the weak hold of the paint, which tends to contact with humidity and saltiness. To peel easily, especially after intensive use.
Regardless of this, from the evaluation of the model, the company’s choice to use only high-quality materials emerges strongly, among which the cold-forged steel of the external body stands out, which gives the model excellent qualities of resistance and lightness to the time itself.
This construction concept allows you to have a higher balance both in the launch phase and in the recovery phase, so as to improve efficiency even in extreme conditions.
The Daiwa reel is appreciated above all in those situations where precise control of the fishing rod is essential. This is due to the provision of an efficient front clutch system capable of ensuring higher power transfer from the crank to the rotor while guaranteeing excellent performance even during the launch phase.
But the real strength of the model is the four ball bearings which have proven to be very resistant to oxidation and corrosion: the result is an exponential increase in fluidity during rotation and a consequent reduction of lateral torsion during recovery.
This allows the gears to work at maximum efficiency, while the screw crank reduces the play and the risk of the wire becoming tangled, giving the fisherman the possibility of making incisive casts reaching considerable distances.
How to Use a Reel
However, what makes the difference between a good reel and a poor one is the type of material used for its construction. It is essential to have a light, but, at the same time, resistant products, qualities made possible only by composite materials and carbon fibers.
Of course, the price will be slightly higher than the low-cost ones. However, they will last much longer, allowing you to write off the expense over time.
The fixed reel must be fixed to the rod downwards, and the crank allows the ring to turn to rewind the line that passes through a guide. It is used to make long casts with light baits.
However, this is not the only type. It is also possible to purchase a casting reel, also called rotating reel reels. These must be fixed to the barrel to launch upwards.
It has a similar operation to that of the fixed reel since the action of the crank makes the reel turn to allow to collect the thread, which is automatically distributed evenly along with the entire spool.
The type of casts that can be made with this product is shorter but has higher recovery power.
The fly model cannot be missing among the typologies. As for the fixed coil one, it is hooked downwards, in a very backward position of the barrel, close to the handle. The rewinding system takes place not by means of a crank but rather thanks to a knob inserted on the reel.
Moving on to the actual functioning of a reel, it differs according to the type chosen. However, there are some basic movements that every fisher must learn.
First of all, the rod must be grasped with the right, holding the thread coming out of the reel with the index finger so that it remains firmly against the rod. You then have to open the bow of the reel and bring the rod behind your shoulders.
The next movement is to push the tip of the barrel forward by removing the finger from the wire. Now you can close the bow and place the crank in tension and wait for your fish to bite.
It is not recommended to rewind the line as soon as you feel the slightest tension, but you have to give a little line and pull lightly to exhaust the fish. Only afterward, you can rewind and pull up the prey.