The reel is a fundamental part of the fishing rod. On the market, it is possible to find many types, but the most common and easy to use ones for a beginner are the fixed coil ones.
The nylon thread (or of other materials) is already inserted and ready to use, avoiding the user to purchase it separately and proceed by itself to roll it around the reel, a practice that could discourage most people.
The advantage of this type of product is that they are often sold with a spare reel that allows them to be used for different kinds of fishing.
Right here, we had listed out the best kastking reels that are present below.
- NEW COMPACT DESIGN - KastKing Royale Legend Series has been anglers’ favorite baitcasters since 2014. Royale Legend II Baitcasting Reels are totally redesigned for comfort and super performance! It’s a compact size low profile baitcaster fishing reel combined with a concealed side cover release that makes the reel comfortable even after thousands of casts during a day of fishing.
- LEGACY CARRY-ON AND BEYOND – The new Royale Legend II casting reel has carried the legacy and set a new bar for performance and durability. For the first time, KastKing implements the double bearing supported pinion gear technology to a $40 reel, that delivers a 35% increase in smoothness under load compared to the original Royale Legend. This new design structure increases durability by an astounding 30%.
- FASTER AND LIGHTER - Royale Legend II provides faster gear ratios than the previous models. The new 5.4:1 gear ratio model is perfect for crankbaits or slower presentations, while the 7.2:1 gear ratio model that quickly picks up fishing line at 29.8” per turn is great for pitching jigs or burning baits at high speed. Compact design also saves weights for Royale Legend II, making it just 7.2oz, which is lighter than most of graphite side covers and frame casting reels available today.
- STRONGER - KastKing’s new Royale Legend II casting reels are equipped with an extra-hard stainless steel main shaft, Hamai precision machined brass gears, diamond shape ceramic line guide and CNC aluminum spools for strength and durability. Combine those high-end features with a quadruple disc carbon drag that delivers a fishing stopping 17.6 lbs of drag and an incredibly low price, and you have the best value in baitcasting reels available today.
- CROSS-FIRE MAGNETIC BRAKING SYSTEM - To avoid time consuming and frustrating overruns and backlashes, the new Royale Legend II fishing reels include a newly designed, dynamic magnetic braking system with 8 magnetic buttons, compared to only 5 or 6 on most other reels. Royale Legend II’s ten-level adjustable braking system eliminates casting issues while maximizing casting distance and fishing line control in windy conditions. Say goodbye to overruns and hello to more fish in the boat.
- NEXT-GEN - KastKing Sharky III spinning reels look great. They are built tough to land trophy fish in saltwater and freshwater. Sharky III are superb lightweight fishing reels built with a high percentage fiber reinforced graphite body and rotor!
- PURE POWER - You will love Sharky III spinning reel's amazing best-in-class up to 39.5LBs / 18KG of smooth, reliable triple disc carbon fiber drag, oversized stainless-steel main shaft, and stronger precision mesh manganese brass pinion gears.
- K.I.S.S. - Sharky III spinning reels are sealed with a KISS! Sharky III has a unique protection water resistant design for its spool, body, and rotor - K.I.S.S. (KastKing Intrusion Shield System). It helps keep water and dirt out.
- SUPER SMOOTH - You'll be blown away by the quiet, silky smooth retrieve of the Sharky III. Plus, with the unique Shark Fin Braid Ready aluminum spool, you no longer need to use backing line when spooling on braid fishing line.
- AFFORDABLE INNOVATION - Sharky III spinning reel has more features, including 10 + 1 high quality, saltwater rated double shielded stainless steel ball bearings, instant lock anti-reverse, stainless steel hardware, aluminum handle, and more line capacity.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE – The heart of a good Spincasting Fishing Reel is in the line pick up system. KastKing Brutus Spincaster reel features a stainless-steel, Dual Pickup system that grabs slack line quickly so you can quickly be ready to set the hook or make another cast.
- HIGH SPEED - With 4.0:1 gear ratio, KastKing Brutus Spincast Fishing reels will pick up line faster and save time in between casts. More importantly, you catch up quickly with fish that may make a run directly at the angler and eliminate slack in your line to increase catch rate.
- SMOOTH AND DURABLE – Brutus Spincast Reels are built for smooth performance with 5 Stainless-Steel, double shielded ball bearings that make this the smoothest bullet reel available today.
- REVERSIBLE HANDLE – Unlike most spincasting reels, the KastKing Brutus push button fishing reel features an amazing aluminum, reversible, double paddle handle with durable rubber grips that can quickly and easily be changed from left- or right-hand retrieve by simply removing the handle retainer cap and moving the handle to the opposite side of the reel. This important feature means that you can have just one spincast reel that best fits any anglers fishing style.
- PRE-SPOOLED WITH PREMIUM MONO LINE – The KastKing Brutus Spincaster style spinning reel has 33% more fishing line capacity than competitive push button reels, which means you can make longer casts, fish for more species in deeper water conditions, and simply have a better fishing experience. It even comes pre-spooled with 160 yards of 10 lb test KastKing Premium Monofilament fishing line so it’s ready to go fishing right out of the box. Great as a trout fishing reel or bass fishing reel.
- MOST POWERFUL TRANSFORMER IN FISHING – KastKing MegaTron transforms the industry with the roll out of another great freshwater and saltwater fishing reel. The MegaTron spinning reel brings you a unique, geometrical, bionic engineering design. A spinning reel of this rugged build and unique optics deserves a special place in your fishing tackle arsenal. Its precise geometric forms offer a distinct autobot look that set it apart from all others and helps reduce weight while maintaining strength.
- RIGID ALUMINUM SKELETAL FRAME - The KastKing MegaTron spin fishing reel is built for enormous strength and endless durability. The MegaTron aerospace aluminum alloy skeletal design frame is more than a great look! It’s the basis for its strength to battle hard fighting fish in fresh and saltwater. With its matrix of leadership KastKing rolls out this series of affordable metal body reels and sends a shock wave through the industry. KastKing MegaTron transforms you into the angler you want to be.
- PRO LEVEL QUALITY GEARS – MegaTron spinning reels provide maximum performance and strength for all tournament anglers looking for victory. The main drive gear is made of durable zinc alloy matched with a pinion gear machined from solid brass. Both deliver rigidity and smoothness needed in building reels ready to tackle tough conditions. MegaTron spinning reels feature a CNC machined T6061 aerospace aluminum alloy spool and exclusive design robot inspired aluminum handles.
- MORE POWER – KastKing MegaTron spinning reels are waiting for you to handle the biggest fish. Every MegaTron fishing reel features an exceptionally smooth carbon fiber drag system that delivers over 30 lbs. of impressive run-stopping power. Making MegaTron a perfect big game spinning reel. The triple-disc carbon fiber drag delivers consistently strong and flawless drag without start-up hesitation that can result in snapped fishing lines and lost fish.
- FLUID PERFORMANCE - You will be amazed at the dynamics and faultless mechanics of KastKing MegaTron spinning reels. Each reel features 7+1 MaxiDur double-shielded stainless-steel ball bearings. The instant anti-reverse provides for quick hooksets. Double-shielded stainless ball bearings mean the MegaTron will perform equally in saltwater fishing and freshwater fishing, they are like a fishing robots in disguise! Fish with peace of mind.
- GREAT VALUE - Loaded with features yet low on price. KastKing Summer/Centron offers the best value...at any level. The KastKing Summer Fishing Reel turns any angler into a PRO.
- LIGHTWEIGHT - narrow graphite frame design and computer balancing system combined with high performance in the compact Spinning Reel makes KastKing Summer/Centron an awesome gift for anybody who loves fishing.
- HIGH POWERED - KastKing Summer/Centron spinning reel's Superior Drag System offers incredible stopping power up to 17.5LBs. It has a hardened metal main shaft, perfect mesh drive gear and precision machined pinion gear for fish fighting power.
- SMOOTH PERFORMANCE - Summer/Centron's nine quality ball bearings and one instant stop one-way anti-reverse bearing give it ultra-smooth performance.
- LOOKING GOOD - Summer/Centron's attractive, brilliant finish and its high strength two color anodized aluminum spool, with a power launch lip for farther casting, holds more line than competitor's models that sell for much more.
- ELITE CONCEPT – Royale Legend Elite baitcaster reels are the first in a series of tournament ready bass fishing reels. Advanced Royale Legend Elite casting reels deliver Pro level tournament performance in a low profile compact design baitcast reel
- PALM PERFECT DESIGN – The Royale Legend Elite ergonomically designed compact baitcasting reel is KastKing’s smallest frame casting reel. A Swing-Wing side cover opens easily with an Ergo-Twist release so it stays attached to the fish reel
- COLOR CODED GEAR RATIOS – A Royale Legend Elite casting reel is a pro level fishing reel with special features. Each gear ratio reel has its own color! Quickly grab a specific gear ratio reel including 5.3:1, 6.6:1, 7.3:1 or 8.1:1 by its color
- RELIABILITY – KastKing used 10 double-shielded, stainless-steel bearings, an instant anti-reverse, hardened aluminum main gears for extreme durability and light weight, stainless-steel kick levers and main shafts for use also as a saltwater reel
- PROVEN COMPONENTS – Elite baitcasting reels feature brass pinion gears and worm drives for strength and performance. Carbon drag has 17.6 lbs of drag power and 5 element magnetic brakes with 10 adjustments to control backlash. Right and left handed
- NEW! KastKing Sharky Baitfeeder III is a unique baitfeeder style fishing reel with classic front and rear drag functions. Approved for freshwater and saltwater fishing.
- DURABLE-Each Sharky Baitfeeder III live liner fishing reels have 10 + 1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings, precision alloy gears with a 5.5:1 gear ratio and a stainless steel mainshaft.
- POWERFUL-The Sharky Baitfeeder spinning reels have carbon fiber drag washers for up to 26.5 Lbs/ 12 Kg of the smoothest fishing reel carbon drag on the fishing tackle market.
- INSPIRED DESIGN- The KastKing reel features a CNC aluminum Shark Fin Braid Ready Spool, high modulus corrosion-free graphite body, and computer balanced rotor. Also comes with a spare high strength graphite spool.
- VERSATILE - KastKing Sharky Baitfeeder III has a black and red color scheme, and are equipped with interchangeable right or left hand handle with sure grip T-handle for great spinning reel performance.
- MegaJaws – Inspired by the most powerful sea predator, the KastKing MegaJaws baitcasting fishing reel conveys essential shark elements that represent the power and strength that sport fishing anglers desire today. The shark tooth front hood, shark fin side covers, and rigid metal components will consistently remind you the sense of dominance and the total confidence on the water.
- Super Long-Cast System & Slick Design – The MegaJaws unique KastKing LFTV (Low Friction Tapered Vortex), funnel shaped line guide greatly reduces line friction, giving you super long casts. MegaJaws adopts the same palm perfect ergonomic engineering as the Royale Legend Elite. Its low-profile frame fits perfectly and comfortably in the palm of your hand. MegaJaws is a compact, palm sized baitcaster that reduces fatigue for all day long comfort. Cast after cast, you will feel the difference.
- Color-Coded System – KastKing knows how difficult it can be to quickly identify a specific gear ratio reel on the deck of your boat for a specific fishing application. KastKing has given the MegaJaws unique colors for each gear ratio so you can quickly identify the right reel for the job and gain a competitive advantage to win bass fishing tournaments. Select from 5.4:1. 6.5:1, 7.2:1, and one of the fastest ratios in the market -- 9.1:1.
- Powerful Components - MegaJaws bait casters are full featured, tournament ready reels in every way. 11+1 double shielded stainless steel bearings throughout; The manganese brass pinion and main gears and a nickel-coated brass worm drive gear provide strength, durability and consistent performance for freshwater or saltwater fishing. Its ultra-smooth carbon fiber drag uses multiple carbon discs providing up to 17.6 lbs of fish stopping power for hard fighting trophy fish.
- Attention to Detail – Command your fishing situation with CNC Aluminum spools for amazing casts, a powerful aluminum handle with comfortable rubber cork knobs, and a spool tensioning knob with click stop adjustments. The unique MegaJaws magnetic casting control system features 8 magnets with 10 adjustment settings that control backlash and overruns. Easy access lubrication and drainage ports provide long-term performance and simple maintenance.
- ALL NEW DESIGN – KastKing Zephyr Spinning Reels are a high level design light weight fishing reel for bass fishing and trout fishing and an excellent choice as a freshwater or saltwater spinning reel. Zephyr, meaning a light gentle breeze, lives up to its name. The 1000 size weighs only around 7 ounces and is a perfect ultralight/ice fishing reel, the 2000, 3000 and 4000 are among the lightest graphite spinning reels respectively.
- MUSCLES – KastKing Zephyr spinning reels deliver up to a powerful 22 lbs of carbon fiber drag. Along with corrosion free graphite body, body cover and rotor, an oversized stainless steel main shaft, brass pinion gear, and double shielded stainless steel ball bearings in key locations that don’t quit in a battle with trophy fish.
- KEY COMPONENTS - KastKing Zephyr fishing reels are equipped with a braid fishing line ready CNC machined aluminum two tone spool that prevents braid line from slipping under pressure. You don’t need to add monofilament fishing line backing.
- BLACKOUT KNOCKOUT – Zephyr spinning reels have a rugged, stealthy tone on tone (gloss and flat black) paint scheme with strategic cutouts added to keep the weight down and maintain a tactical look. A black EVA knob adds to the blackout package.
- EXCEPTIONAL QUALITY ASSURANCE – KastKing thoroughly tests all designs in a state-of-the art engineering lab to assure you that the value of a KastKing reel exceeds the cost. KastKing designers look for the best combination of light weight, strength, and durability in KastKing fishing reels. It is all part of the KastKing Affordable Innovation philosophy.
- NEW DESIGN - Like its gladiator name, the brand new designed KastKing Spartacus II spinning reels are built tgouh to handle any fishing conditions, whether used as a saltwater spinning reel or freshwater reel. Spartacus II reels are superb lightweight fishing reels built with a reinforced nylon body and rotor!
- SMOOTH OPERATION - You will love Spartacus II spinning reel's ultra-smooth, reliable 22 lbs of triple disc carbon fiber drag that allows you to use light fishing lines. 7 + 1 double shielded stainless steel ball bearings and CNC Aluminum handle with EVA handle knob keep everything turning smoothly.
- STRONG CONTENDER - Strong metal Hamai cut precision gears, oversized stainless-steel main shaft, CNC aluminum handle and anodized aluminum Spool in the KastKing Spartacus II Spinning Reel give you all day long dependability in your battle with big fish.
- DURABILITY - With its brass pinion gear, ceramic line roller, stainless steel hardware, sealed spool, and innovative S.S.R. technology (Sliding Stabilizer Rod), which stabilizes the pinion gear and main gear to increase the gear strength and durability, the KastKing Spartacus II Spinning Reel is a winner on any body of water.
- HIGH END LOOKS and PERFORMANCE – With a sophisticated color scheme including silver, purple and red with a sure grip EVA knob Spartacus II is a standout and a lightweight workhorse.
- LARGER HIGH-CAPACITY CASTING REEL - KastKing Royale Legend II 200 Baitcasting Reels feature a wider frame and larger capacity spool that holds up to 130 yards of 17 lb mono and deliver 22 lbs of drag. This fishing reel is perfect for large swimbaits, deep diving crankbaits, Muskie size lures, Catfish, Salmon/Steelhead and much more. Engineered as a fresh and saltwater fishing reel.
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN – While the new Royale Legend II 200 casting reels feature a larger frame and higher line capacities than normal baitcaster reels, they are still designed with a low-profile shape for comfortable, all day fishing. The frame and side covers are made of lightweight and durable graphite that is carefully designed to fit comfortably in your hand. A wide, 105mm aluminum handle arm and EVA knobs ensure you are always in control.
- TESTED AND APPROVED COMPONENTS - Advanced performance and durability of the new Royale Legend II 200 baitcasting reels are second to none. Double shielded, stainless-steel ball bearings ensure smoothness under load and consistent performance for both fresh and saltwater fishing. Precision machined brass main and pinion gears provide exceptional strength plus durability.
- POWERFUL CARBON DISC DRAG – The new KastKing Royal Legend II 200 baitcast reel is made for big fish, big baits, and tough conditions. To ensure you can control even the strongest fish, KastKing designed a 4-disc, carbon fiber drag system that is not only strong, it’s exceptionally smooth. When you need extra drag power for a big fish or powerful hook sets, you will have over 22 lbs. of fish stopping drag power at your fingertips.
- RELIABLE MAGNETIC BRAKING SYSTEM – A quality braking system is important for any baitcasting reel, but for a fishing reel that is designed to cast large, heavy baits in tough conditions, it is a necessity! The Royale Legend II 200’s ten-level adjustable braking system is driven through an internal 8-button magnetic system that can virtually eliminate overruns while maximizing casting distance.
- A BOLD NEW CHALLENGER – With a name inspired by The Knights of the Roundtable, the KastKing Lancelot Spinning Reel is ready to put you in charge of any fishing battle! The new KastKing Lancelot spinning reel is full of knightly rugged features and is built to last. The Lancelot spin fishing reel has a strong, lightweight, and exceptionally rigid frame that’s ready to stand up to the test against powerful fish in all freshwater conditions. And, it will not cost you a princely sum!
- ANGLER PROVEN COMPONENTS – Lancelot fishing reels lead the charge and deliver consistent winning performance. Lancelot spinning reels feature a stainless steel main shaft, brass pinion and zinc alloy drive gear for noble action in all freshwater conditions. All four sizes in the Lancelot series feature a high-capacity CNC aluminum spool and a reversible left- or right-handed retrieve aluminum handle for strength.
- POWERFUL AND RELIABLE DRAG – KastKing Lancelot spinning reels outperform fishing reels costing twice the price. Each reel features a powerful smooth drag system that delivers up to 17.5 lbs. of amazing run-stopping drag power, so that you can handle anything including crappie, bass fishing, trout fishing, walleye fishing or catfishing.
- ULTRA-SMOOTH PERFORMANCE – Experience the smooth casting and effortless retrieve of Lancelot. KastKing Lancelot spinning reels use 5 ball bearings, plus an instant anti-reverse bearing for rock-solid hooksets, for a total of 5+1 BBs. There are four Lancelot sizes available in the series from a compact size 2000 all the way to a powerful size 5000. Gear ratios range from 5.0:1 for the smaller two sizes and 4.4:1 for the size 4000/5000 models.
- RELIABILITY YOU CAN TRUST - Take a KastKing Lancelot spinning reel on your next fishing adventure and feel the power. Like an intrepid knight, Lancelot spinning reels have the attitude, valor and courage to get the job done. Lancelot is ready; are you? Lancelot is affordable. It is a spin fishing reel that will provide you and your family years of fishing fun. KastKing is an ICAST award winning brand.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Kastking Reels
The reel has become, together with the rod, the very symbol of fishing and, since it was invented, it has dramatically expanded the possibilities of the fisherman and the types of fish that can be caught.
The most common reels are those with a fixed reel and are often sold with a spare spool that allows you to adapt them to different techniques, from bottom fishing to spinning. They are great for very long casts and those with light baits.
During the winding, a compelling twist is created on the nylon, and it will be necessary, most likely, to make a change during the fishing season.
This problem does not occur with rotating reels, widely used in casting, trolling and drifting. They are more sophisticated models to use, and spinners often need some time and practice to master the right technique; they are mainly used when dealing with particularly combative fish.
For enormous specimens, it is better to rely on a specific trolling reel that does not allow you to launch or move the crank from right to left. On the other hand, it is capable of spooling large quantities of wire and is equipped with a buzzer that signals the bite and the wire coming out.
For fishing on the high seas at hundreds of meters deep, you will need a more sophisticated and complex electric reel, and, in this case, the price variable becomes fundamental: many models could prove to be decidedly out of budget.
Construction and Components
If fishing is or is about to become your passion, we do not recommend buying reels made of inexpensive materials, which allow you to save money, but which do not offer the necessary guarantees.
The models of the best brand stand out over the others because they are able to ensure the two indispensable requirements for a reel: resistance and lightness.
With the advent of carbon and composite materials, it has been possible to create extremely long-lasting products, resistant to shocks, salt corrosion, and, at the same time, also very comfortable to use.
There are also other essential parts that make up the reel, such as the bearings that must be of quality and fixed in the right places; on these depends the fluidity of the rotation and the comfort of use.
The bearing marked +1 indicates the needle bearing, which, acting as a non-return, increases comfort even more during the Ferrata phase.
As for the bow, the closing click must be perfect, while the crank and knob must guarantee a safe and comfortable grip.
The choice of the reel is strictly linked to the type and weight of the fish to be caught, therefore compare prices and performances but also pay attention to the size which is expressed in numbers, from 1,000 to 20,000, and which indicates the size and capacity of the reel.
For example, very light reels up to 2,000 are suitable for fish up to 2 kg; light ones from 2,500-3,000 for fish up to 4 kg and so on up to heavy ones, recommended for large specimens weighing over 8 kg.
The Perfect Balance Between Lightness and Resistance
It stands out for its captivating design characterized by particular red and black finishes that convey a feeling of reliability and value, although many have complained about the weak hold of the paint, which tends to contact with humidity and saltiness. To peel easily, especially after intensive use.
Regardless of this, from the evaluation of the model, the company’s choice to use only high-quality materials emerges strongly, among which the cold-forged steel of the external body stands out, which gives the model excellent qualities of resistance and lightness to the time itself.
This construction concept allows you to have a higher balance both in the launch phase and in the recovery phase, so as to improve efficiency even in extreme conditions.
The Daiwa reel is appreciated above all in those situations where precise control of the fishing rod is essential. This is due to the provision of an efficient front clutch system capable of ensuring higher power transfer from the crank to the rotor while guaranteeing excellent performance even during the launch phase.
But the real strength of the model is the four ball bearings which have proven to be very resistant to oxidation and corrosion: the result is an exponential increase in fluidity during rotation and a consequent reduction of lateral torsion during recovery.
This allows the gears to work at maximum efficiency, while the screw crank reduces the play and the risk of the wire becoming tangled, giving the fisherman the possibility of making incisive casts reaching considerable distances.
How to Use a Reel
However, what makes the difference between a good reel and a poor one is the type of material used for its construction. It is essential to have a light, but, at the same time, resistant products, qualities made possible only by composite materials and carbon fibers.
Of course, the price will be slightly higher than the low-cost ones. However, they will last much longer, allowing you to write off the expense over time.
The fixed reel must be fixed to the rod downwards, and the crank allows the ring to turn to rewind the line that passes through a guide. It is used to make long casts with light baits.
However, this is not the only type. It is also possible to purchase a casting reel, also called rotating reel reels. These must be fixed to the barrel to launch upwards.
It has a similar operation to that of the fixed reel since the action of the crank makes the reel turn to allow to collect the thread, which is automatically distributed evenly along with the entire spool.
The type of casts that can be made with this product is shorter but has higher recovery power.
The fly model cannot be missing among the typologies. As for the fixed coil one, it is hooked downwards, in a very backward position of the barrel, close to the handle. The rewinding system takes place not by means of a crank but rather thanks to a knob inserted on the reel.
Moving on to the actual functioning of a reel, it differs according to the type chosen. However, there are some basic movements that every fisher must learn.
First of all, the rod must be grasped with the right, holding the thread coming out of the reel with the index finger so that it remains firmly against the rod. You then have to open the bow of the reel and bring the rod behind your shoulders.
The next movement is to push the tip of the barrel forward by removing the finger from the wire. Now you can close the bow and place the crank in tension and wait for your fish to bite.
It is not recommended to rewind the line as soon as you feel the slightest tension, but you have to give a little line and pull lightly to exhaust the fish. Only afterward, you can rewind and pull up the prey.