The reel is a fundamental part of the fishing rod. On the market, it is possible to find many types, but the most common and easy to use ones for a beginner are the fixed coil ones.
The nylon thread (or of other materials) is already inserted and ready to use, avoiding the user to purchase it separately and proceed by itself to roll it around the reel, a practice that could discourage most people.
The advantage of this type of product is that they are often sold with a spare reel that allows them to be used for different kinds of fishing.
Right here, we had listed out the best kastking reels that are present below.
- Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel– Fish like a gladiator! KastKing Crixus Baitcasting reels - Dark Star Version, are designed for exceptional value and performance. Don’t be fooled by its low price. A Crixus casting reel performs like fishing reel costing twice the price. Although only 7.3 ounces, KastKing Crixus is as tough, strong and durable as its gladiator name. Crixus DarkStar is a beautiful, matte black with hi-tech blue anodized features that will look great on any rod you own.
- Tournament Proven Components – Crixus casting reels feature heavy duty brass main and pinion gears that deliver long life, higher speeds and low noise. The Crixus baitcast reel comes in a fast retrieve 7.2:1 gear ratio. It has a CNC machined aluminum U-Shaped spool for longer casts and higher fishing line capacity. The lightweight aluminum handle has comfortable, slip resistant Super Polymer grips, unheard of at this price, for all day fishing comfort!
- Smooth and Reliable Carbon Disc Drag – A great fishing reel in any arena! KastKing Crixus Dark Star baitcasting fishing reels deliver performance and value. Each reel features an exceptionally smooth and powerful (4)-carbon disc drag system that delivers over 17.6 lbs. of fish stopping drag power. The drag is infinitely adjustable, which allows you to use lighter fishing line, with a lightweight aluminum, star-shaped drag knob.
- Ultra-smooth Performance – KastKing Crixus Dark Star baitcaster reels are equipped with 7 shielded, stainless-steel high quality ball bearings plus an instant anti-reverse bearing. The Crixus cast reel uses a reliable and proven magnetic braking system that has 8 magnets to give the angler many levels of spool braking to eliminate frustrating overruns, so you spend more time fishing. Long, controlled casts are now yours with baits of all sizes under a variety of conditions.
- Reliability You Can Trust – You can count on the NEW KastKing Crixus baitcasting reel to be ready to go fishing at a moment’s notice. KastKing is committed to building trouble free casting reels that will deliver hassle free performance year after year. The KastKing Crixus baitcasting fishing reel is not only affordable but will provide a level of performance never achieved at this price before. You deserve to battle fish like a gladiator with a fishing reel priced for the crowd.
- New Elite Concept – Designed for Competition; Engineered for the Win! Bassinator Elite Ninja baitcaster reels deliver off the hook Pro Level performance for you to rock the competition. Tested by anglers like MLF Pro, Bassmaster Elite AOY Brent Chapman. KastKing Bassinator Elite casting reels were developed in a series of tournament ready fishing reels for peak bass fishing performance. “Elite” on a KastKing reel tells you they’ll withstand thousands of casts a day in nasty conditions.
- Palm Perfect Compact Design – The Bassinator Elite competition baitcast reel is KastKing’s smallest zero-flex aluminum frame casting reel. It fits perfectly and comfortably in your hand. Bassinator Ninja Elite is a compact, Palm Perfect cast reel that is ergonomically designed for comfort with easy-open weight-reducing smooth carbon fiber Swing Wing side plates that stay in place when you open them. Your side cover will never fall in the water or blow away if dropped. Awesome, right?
- Tournament Proven Components – Bassinator Elite baitcasting reels are tested by bass fishing pros and are ready for your next fishing tournament with high-end components and features. Bassinator has a hardened aluminum main gear and solid brass pinion gear for durability and smoothness, short main shaft for weight reduction, higher speeds, longer casts without noise, a line memory dial function that lets you know what lb test line you have spooled up, and drainage ports that reduce maintenance.
- Ultra-smooth & Reliable – Lit and legit. Bassinator Elite Ninja uses 10 double-shielded, stainless-steel bearings including two, free spinning, extreme-speed spool bearings that provide you with crazy good ultra-smooth performance and extra-long casts plus an instant stop anti-reverse bearing for a total of 10+1 BBs. The spool tensioning nut has click adjustments for accurate control and it won’t back off during use. You can fish like a pro all day long with Bassinator baitcasting reels.
- Power + Control – The KastKing Bassinator Elite Ninja baitcaster reel features a powerful carbon fiber drag with up to 17.6 lbs of fish stopping power. A centrifugal cast control system features 6 adjustable braking shoes to eliminate backlash and overruns with a variety of baits in all fishing conditions. The Bassinator Ninja Elite fishing reel has a 6.6:1 gear ratio cranked with an aluminum handle and oversized EVA grips. If you want to go Pro, get started with a Bassinator Elite.
- MegaJaws – Inspired by the most powerful sea predator, the KastKing MegaJaws baitcasting fishing reel conveys essential shark elements that represent the power and strength that sport fishing anglers desire today. The shark tooth front hood, shark fin side covers, and rigid metal components will consistently remind you the sense of dominance and the total confidence on the water.
- Super Long-Cast System & Slick Design – The MegaJaws unique KastKing LFTV (Low Friction Tapered Vortex), funnel shaped line guide greatly reduces line friction, giving you super long casts. MegaJaws adopts the same palm perfect ergonomic engineering as the Royale Legend Elite. Its low-profile frame fits perfectly and comfortably in the palm of your hand. MegaJaws is a compact, palm sized baitcaster that reduces fatigue for all day long comfort. Cast after cast, you will feel the difference.
- Color-Coded System – KastKing knows how difficult it can be to quickly identify a specific gear ratio reel on the deck of your boat for a specific fishing application. KastKing has given the MegaJaws unique colors for each gear ratio so you can quickly identify the right reel for the job and gain a competitive advantage to win bass fishing tournaments. Select from 5.4:1. 6.5:1, 7.2:1, and one of the fastest ratios in the market -- 9.1:1.
- Powerful Components - MegaJaws bait casters are full featured, tournament ready reels in every way. 11+1 double shielded stainless steel bearings throughout; The manganese brass pinion and main gears and a nickel-coated brass worm drive gear provide strength, durability and consistent performance for freshwater or saltwater fishing. Its ultra-smooth carbon fiber drag uses multiple carbon discs providing up to 17.6 lbs of fish stopping power for hard fighting trophy fish.
- Attention to Detail – Command your fishing situation with CNC Aluminum spools for amazing casts, a powerful aluminum handle with comfortable rubber cork knobs, and a spool tensioning knob with click stop adjustments. The unique MegaJaws magnetic casting control system features 8 magnets with 10 adjustment settings that control backlash and overruns. Easy access lubrication and drainage ports provide long-term performance and simple maintenance.
- LINE COUNTER TROLLING REEL – New from KastKing is the ReKon Line Counter Trolling Reel. Available in 2 sizes, ReKon conventional reels will be perfect for Salmon, Steelhead, Trout, Kokanee, Walleye, Lake Trout, saltwater species, and so much more. Both feature an exceptional, accurate mechanical line counter so that you can consistently keep your bait in the exact zone that is producing fish over and over.
- HIGH PERFORMANCE COMPONENTS – The KastKing ReKon baitcasting reels are designed for tough trolling conditions and uses the best components. For smooth and trouble-free operation KastKing uses 3 double shielded, stainless-steel ball bearings in high stress points plus the Instant anti-reverse bearing. KastKing ReKon main gears and worm shafts are made of precision machined brass. Its pinion gear and line guide shaft are high quality stainless-steel.
- AMAZING DRAG POWER & FEATURES – The ReKon Line Counter round casting reels use a smooth, carbon disc drag that delivers 30 lbs of fish stopping power (25lb for size 10). Both size reels have a line clicker function that makes releasing planer boards simple and easy. You can use that feature as a strike detection system while trolling. Gear ratio is 5.1:1 on the size 10 and 5.3:1 on the size 20.
- GREAT LINE CAPACITY – KastKing kept these fishing reels as compact as possible while still providing tons of line capacity to anglers using leadcore, heavy braid, or strong monofilament fishing line. The size 10 and size 20 ReKon cast reel will hold over 250 yards of 20 lb. mono or about 10 colors of Micro Leadcore line and over 320 yards of 25 lb. mono or equivalent braided line respectively.
- TWO HANDLE OPTIONS – KastKing designed the handles to be different on the two models for a reason. The size 10 ReKon is mostly for Kokanee, Walleye and Trout so KastKing included a comfortable, double paddle handle with EVA grips. The larger size 20 reel has a single Power Handle with a comfortable round knob that gives more leverage for larger fish and longer retrieves for Salmon, Steelhead, Lake Trout, Striped Bass, or other uses such as a catfish reel that require more fishing line.
- ELITE CONCEPT – Royale Legend Elite baitcaster reels are the first in a series of tournament ready bass fishing reels. Advanced Royale Legend Elite casting reels deliver Pro level tournament performance in a low profile compact design baitcast reel
- PALM PERFECT DESIGN – The Royale Legend Elite ergonomically designed compact baitcasting reel is KastKing’s smallest frame casting reel. A Swing-Wing side cover opens easily with an Ergo-Twist release so it stays attached to the fish reel
- COLOR CODED GEAR RATIOS – A Royale Legend Elite casting reel is a pro level fishing reel with special features. Each gear ratio reel has its own color! Quickly grab a specific gear ratio reel including 5.3:1, 6.6:1, 7.3:1 or 8.1:1 by its color
- RELIABILITY – KastKing used 10 double-shielded, stainless-steel bearings, an instant anti-reverse, hardened aluminum main gears for extreme durability and light weight, stainless-steel kick levers and main shafts for use also as a saltwater reel
- PROVEN COMPONENTS – Elite baitcasting reels feature brass pinion gears and worm drives for strength and performance. Carbon drag has 17.6 lbs of drag power and 5 element magnetic brakes with 10 adjustments to control backlash. Right and left handed
- Aluminum Frame Low Profile Baitcasting Fishing Reel – Fish Strong! KastKing Crixus ArmorX Baitcasting reels are built for performance, designed for durability and engineered to win. ArmorX baitcasters are made with a pure aluminum frame for rigidity and strength while keeping weight low. At only 6.8 ounces, KastKing Crixus ArmorX is as tough, strong and durable as its name.
- Pro Angler Proven Components – Crixus ArmorX is one of the smoothest casting reels made today. KastKing uses a 38mm, finely machined aluminum alloy main gear. ArmorX also has a precision cut brass pinion gear that ensures longer life, higher speeds and low noise. The Crixus ArmorX baitcasting reel is ready for most bass fishing techniques with its fast, 7.2:1 retrieve gear ratio. A lightweight aluminum handle features slip resistant Super Polymer grips for all day fishing comfort.
- 9+1 Shielded Stainless BBs – KastKing Crixus ArmorX baitcasting reels rule the water with 10 (9+1) shielded, stainless-steel high-performance ball bearings plus an instant anti-reverse bearing. ArmorX uses a reliable and proven magnetic braking system that has 8 magnets for many levels of spool braking to eliminate frustrating overruns, so you spend more time fishing. Long, controlled casts are now yours with baits of all sizes under a variety of conditions.
- Smooth and Powerful Carbon Disc Drag – With a powerful 4-disc carbon fiber drag system managed by a large, aluminum star drag knob, KastKing Crixus ArmorX baitcaster reels are ready to handle your personal best in thick, dense cover. Power is only one part of this state of the art drag system. Crixus ArmorX baitcasters deliver seamless and smooth drag without hesitation on start up. With up to 17.6 lbs of infinitely adjustable drag power you will be in complete control of the conditions.
- Reliability and Performance That Pro’s Count On – Whether for major tournaments or just to enjoy the finest fishing gear available, trust the NEW KastKing Crixus ArmorX cast reel to be your “Go To” fishing reel for fun. Crixus ArmorX is built for performance and engineered for the win. At KastKing we’re committed to building trouble free baitcast reels that will deliver hassle free performance year after year. Crixus ArmorX is the next fishing reel in our series of affordable fishing tools.
- VALIANT EAGLE – A symbol of American freedom and strength, the Bald Eagle stands tall in the hearts of American anglers! The new, dynamic KastKing Valiant Eagle Spinning Reel Bald Eagle Edition is made to honor that symbol of outstanding American pride and deliver incredible performance and reliable quality to anglers from coast to coast for fresh and saltwater fishing.
- UNIQUE FEATURES– The KastKing Valiant Eagle fishing reel has 1-piece bail that will never rust or snag on fishing line. This is the first time KastKing implements the technology to spinning reels that are under $100. With a Patent Pending spool design, Valiant Eagle reels are able to increase casting distance and improve line control. Plus, the braid line-ready spool eliminates the need for monofilament line backing before filling the reel with braided line to avoid slippage.
- LIGHTER, FASTER AND STRONGER – Soaring through the sky then ferociously diving to hunt, the Bald Eagle conveys the messages of speed, power, relentless pursuit and fearless spirit. The Valiant Eagle spinning reel honors America’s symbol by providing the exceptional fast speed of a 6.2:1 gear ratio, raptor inspired lightweight yet strong body with all carbon frame and rotor, and the incredible power of a 22 LB multi-layer carbon fiber drag.
- STATE OF ART TECHNOLOGY - KastKing’s world class engineering team is dedicated to providing you with affordable innovation. For the first time, KastKing has utilized the amazing E.P.S. (Expanded Pinion System) and S.S.R. (Sliding Stabilizer Rod) into a spinning fishing reel priced under $100. Stabilizing the pinion gear and main gear increases the gear strength and durability. It offers you more performance and consistent operation than much higher priced fishing reels.
- SUPERIOR PERFORMANCE – The sealed carbon drag system provides 22 LB of fighting power and keeps drag washers dry to avoid inconsistent drag operation. This super smooth drag is powerful enough for fishing adventures going after large fish but starts smoothly to protect light fishing lines. To ensure consistent performance in both fresh and saltwater fishing conditions KastKing uses a total of 10+1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings for remarkably smooth retrieves and long accurate casts.
- Exceptional Spinning & Baitcasting Reels – Fish like a gladiator! KastKing Crixus fishing reels feature lightweight, carbon infused frames, CNC aluminum spools, 5+1 double shielded stainless ball bearings, powerful carbon drags and many more performance features. These are simply the best value in fishing.
- KastFlex IM6 Graphite Blanks - KastKing Crixus spinning and casting rods are designed to deliver incredible performance for any budget. Crixus powerful and sensitive IM6 Graphite 2-pc fishing rod blanks range in power ratings from light to medium heavy in 5’6” to 6’6” lengths.
- Golf Style Superpolymer Handle – Superpolymer handles are comfortable, durable and exceptionally slip resistant giving you maximum grip and control over your fishing rod in the wettest conditions.
- Stainless Steel Guides w/Zirconium Oxide Rings - Today’s serious anglers know that quality components make the fishing rod. KastKing uses only high-quality stainless-steel guide frames with Zirconium Oxide rings that deliver long, smooth casts and durable performance with fluorocarbon, monofilament or braided fishing lines
- Power Transition System (PTS) – All Crixus spinning and casting fishing poles are two-piece construction for easy transport and storage. The unique PTS technology will make the Crixus just feel like one-piece performance rods.
- Exceptional Value and Performance – The all new KastKing Brutus is designed to set the industry standard for affordable baitcasting reels that anyone can enjoy at every fishing budget level.
- Angler Proven Components – Brutus features one-piece rigid graphite frame, lightweight graphite side plates and amazing brass main pinion gears that can deliver reliable performance and durability for long life. KastKing Brutus has a CNC aluminum V-Shaped spool for more line capacity, a solid aluminum handle for strength, and non-slip rubber paddles for all day fishing comfort.
- Easy to Control – KastKing Brutus baitcasting reels perform like reels costing twice the price. Each fishing reel features a synthetic-washer drag system that delivers 10 lbs. of run-stopping drag power. The Brutus baitcaster reels also use a reliable and proven magnetic braking system that helps you eliminate frustrating overruns that result in bird’s nests and tangles with baits of all sizes under a variety of conditions.
- Smooth and Versatile – The KastKing Brutus baitcast reel uses 4 MaxiDur shielded, stainless-steel ball bearings plus an instant anti-reverse bearing for a total of 4+1 BBs. Brutus baitcasters have the most versatile 6.3:1 gear ratio.
- Reliability You Can Trust – You can count on the NEW KastKing Brutus baitcasting reels to be ready to fish when you are. KastKing is committed to building trouble free casting reels that deliver hassle free performance year after year.
- NEW! VALIANT EAGLE – A symbol of American freedom and strength, the Bald Eagle stands tall in the hearts of American anglers! The new, dynamic KastKing Valiant Eagle Baitcasting Reel is made to honor that symbol of outstanding American pride and deliver incredible performance and reliable quality to anglers from coast to coast for fresh and saltwater fishing.
- PALM PERFECT DESIGN – The Valiant Eagle adopts KastKing’s Palm Perfect design philosophy. With the height of the reel just under 40mm, Valiant Eagle is the perfect baitcaster in your hands. Also, this amazing KastKing fishing reel features the Swing-Wing Side Cover. You can easily open your side cover with one hand and not worry about dropping it in the water or have it blow away.
- FASTER AND LIGHTER - KastKing Valiant Eagle cast reels cover two of the most popular gear ratios and are cranked with a 105 mm aluminum handle that have sure-grip EVA knobs. There’s a 6.6:1 model with 26.1 IPT, and a faster 8.1:1 gear ratio that retrieves 32.1 IPT of fishing line on its stunning gold anodized aluminum spool. Palm Perfect design also saves weights for Valiant Eagle, making it just 7.2oz, which is lighter than most of graphite casting reels available today.
- WHAT’S INSIDE – A Valiant Eagle baitcast reel has a solid graphite frame, 7+1 Stainless Steel Double Shielded Ball Bearings for outstanding performance, durable Hamai cut precision manganese brass main gear and pinion gear, brass worm shafts, stainless steel line guide shaft and hardware, incredibly smooth carbon fiber drag washers to help prevent light-line break-offs with 17.6 lb of drag, ceramic line guide, plus a fully adjustable 7 button magnetic brake.
- TECHNOLOGY – The Valiant Eagle casting reel features the double bearing supported pinion gear technology , that delivers a 35% increase in smoothness under load compared to old generation reels. This new design structure increases durability by an astounding 30%. Both model baitcasting reels have ample line capacity. (Mono) LB/ Yds 12lb/ 120yds - 14lb/ 100yds; Braid Line Capacity (Lbs/ Yds) 50LB/120Yds - 60LB/ 100Yds.
- NEW! KastKing Sharky Baitfeeder III is a unique baitfeeder style fishing reel with classic front and rear drag functions. Approved for freshwater and saltwater fishing.
- DURABLE-Each Sharky Baitfeeder III live liner fishing reels have 10 + 1 shielded stainless steel ball bearings, precision alloy gears with a 5.5:1 gear ratio and a stainless steel mainshaft.
- POWERFUL-The Sharky Baitfeeder spinning reels have carbon fiber drag washers for up to 26.5 Lbs/ 12 Kg of the smoothest fishing reel carbon drag on the fishing tackle market.
- INSPIRED DESIGN- The KastKing reel features a CNC aluminum Shark Fin Braid Ready Spool, high modulus corrosion-free graphite body, and computer balanced rotor. Also comes with a spare high strength graphite spool.
- VERSATILE - KastKing Sharky Baitfeeder III has a black and red color scheme, and are equipped with interchangeable right or left hand handle with sure grip T-handle for great spinning reel performance.
- HIGHEST GEAR RATIO BAITCAST FISHING REEL - When KastKing set out to conquer the fishing tackle world with the fastest retrieve speed baitcaster on the planet, they did more than make Speed Demon Elite baitcasting reels fast. They pulled out all the stops. Based on input from Pro anglers in MLF, B.A.S.S., FLW, and BFL and scores of recreational fishermen KastKing added unique and patent pending features. The results were outstanding. And, like all KastKing fishing reels, they made it affordable!
- A GREAT FISHING REEL STARTS WITH GREAT GEARS - KastKing used Hamai precision cut aerospace aluminum 44.3mm main gear and brass pinion gear for ultimate performance, 10.5:1 speed and an amazing 42 IPT for super-fast line retrieve. This makes it the fastest gear ratio baitcast reel on the market today. If that’s a little too fast for you Speed Demon Elite is also available with 8.5:1 gear ratio / 34 IPT and all the same other features.
- DEMON EYE CENTRIFUGAL BRAKES - Speed Demon Elite baitcasting reels have a revolutionary design “Demon Eye” micro-control exterior centrifugal brake system that puts brake adjustment at your fingertips. After initially setting the internal brake pins you can then fine tune your brakes with the external Demon Eye control. You now have a wide range of 40 adjustments for the bait and conditions you are fishing.
- WINNING FEATURES ADDED - 10 + 1 double shielded stainless steel ball bearings; Up to 18 Lbs of ultra-smooth triple disc carbon fiber drag; Palm-perfect design; Patent-pending DTCC “Double Tapered Control Chute” line guide to virtually eliminate backlashes, add casting smoothness, and improve line retrieval; Line Memory Dial to help you remember what size line you spooled on; Easy maintenance oil port and water drainage port.
- SOLID PLATFORM AND FEATURES - KastKing Speed Demon Elite fishing reels utilize an exceptional solid aluminum frame for zero flex and low weight. Likewise, aerospace quality hardened aluminum alloys are used throughout for the v-shaped spool, worm shaft, split main shaft for weight reduction, higher speeds, and longer casts without noise, and 90 mm aluminum handle with EVA grips. This gives you a cast reel that weighs only 6.7 ounces.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Kastking Reels
The reel has become, together with the rod, the very symbol of fishing and, since it was invented, it has dramatically expanded the possibilities of the fisherman and the types of fish that can be caught.
The most common reels are those with a fixed reel and are often sold with a spare spool that allows you to adapt them to different techniques, from bottom fishing to spinning. They are great for very long casts and those with light baits.
During the winding, a compelling twist is created on the nylon, and it will be necessary, most likely, to make a change during the fishing season.
This problem does not occur with rotating reels, widely used in casting, trolling and drifting. They are more sophisticated models to use, and spinners often need some time and practice to master the right technique; they are mainly used when dealing with particularly combative fish.
For enormous specimens, it is better to rely on a specific trolling reel that does not allow you to launch or move the crank from right to left. On the other hand, it is capable of spooling large quantities of wire and is equipped with a buzzer that signals the bite and the wire coming out.
For fishing on the high seas at hundreds of meters deep, you will need a more sophisticated and complex electric reel, and, in this case, the price variable becomes fundamental: many models could prove to be decidedly out of budget.
Construction and Components
If fishing is or is about to become your passion, we do not recommend buying reels made of inexpensive materials, which allow you to save money, but which do not offer the necessary guarantees.
The models of the best brand stand out over the others because they are able to ensure the two indispensable requirements for a reel: resistance and lightness.
With the advent of carbon and composite materials, it has been possible to create extremely long-lasting products, resistant to shocks, salt corrosion, and, at the same time, also very comfortable to use.
There are also other essential parts that make up the reel, such as the bearings that must be of quality and fixed in the right places; on these depends the fluidity of the rotation and the comfort of use.
The bearing marked +1 indicates the needle bearing, which, acting as a non-return, increases comfort even more during the Ferrata phase.
As for the bow, the closing click must be perfect, while the crank and knob must guarantee a safe and comfortable grip.
The choice of the reel is strictly linked to the type and weight of the fish to be caught, therefore compare prices and performances but also pay attention to the size which is expressed in numbers, from 1,000 to 20,000, and which indicates the size and capacity of the reel.
For example, very light reels up to 2,000 are suitable for fish up to 2 kg; light ones from 2,500-3,000 for fish up to 4 kg and so on up to heavy ones, recommended for large specimens weighing over 8 kg.
The Perfect Balance Between Lightness and Resistance
It stands out for its captivating design characterized by particular red and black finishes that convey a feeling of reliability and value, although many have complained about the weak hold of the paint, which tends to contact with humidity and saltiness. To peel easily, especially after intensive use.
Regardless of this, from the evaluation of the model, the company’s choice to use only high-quality materials emerges strongly, among which the cold-forged steel of the external body stands out, which gives the model excellent qualities of resistance and lightness to the time itself.
This construction concept allows you to have a higher balance both in the launch phase and in the recovery phase, so as to improve efficiency even in extreme conditions.
The Daiwa reel is appreciated above all in those situations where precise control of the fishing rod is essential. This is due to the provision of an efficient front clutch system capable of ensuring higher power transfer from the crank to the rotor while guaranteeing excellent performance even during the launch phase.
But the real strength of the model is the four ball bearings which have proven to be very resistant to oxidation and corrosion: the result is an exponential increase in fluidity during rotation and a consequent reduction of lateral torsion during recovery.
This allows the gears to work at maximum efficiency, while the screw crank reduces the play and the risk of the wire becoming tangled, giving the fisherman the possibility of making incisive casts reaching considerable distances.
How to Use a Reel
However, what makes the difference between a good reel and a poor one is the type of material used for its construction. It is essential to have a light, but, at the same time, resistant products, qualities made possible only by composite materials and carbon fibers.
Of course, the price will be slightly higher than the low-cost ones. However, they will last much longer, allowing you to write off the expense over time.
The fixed reel must be fixed to the rod downwards, and the crank allows the ring to turn to rewind the line that passes through a guide. It is used to make long casts with light baits.
However, this is not the only type. It is also possible to purchase a casting reel, also called rotating reel reels. These must be fixed to the barrel to launch upwards.
It has a similar operation to that of the fixed reel since the action of the crank makes the reel turn to allow to collect the thread, which is automatically distributed evenly along with the entire spool.
The type of casts that can be made with this product is shorter but has higher recovery power.
The fly model cannot be missing among the typologies. As for the fixed coil one, it is hooked downwards, in a very backward position of the barrel, close to the handle. The rewinding system takes place not by means of a crank but rather thanks to a knob inserted on the reel.
Moving on to the actual functioning of a reel, it differs according to the type chosen. However, there are some basic movements that every fisher must learn.
First of all, the rod must be grasped with the right, holding the thread coming out of the reel with the index finger so that it remains firmly against the rod. You then have to open the bow of the reel and bring the rod behind your shoulders.
The next movement is to push the tip of the barrel forward by removing the finger from the wire. Now you can close the bow and place the crank in tension and wait for your fish to bite.
It is not recommended to rewind the line as soon as you feel the slightest tension, but you have to give a little line and pull lightly to exhaust the fish. Only afterward, you can rewind and pull up the prey.