If you are looking for information on the lavender essential oil, perhaps it is because you know that it is a product capable of curing burns, promoting sleep, and nourishing the hair.
For more than 2,500 years, lavender has surprised even the most skeptical with its profoundly healing power. Equipped with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory abilities, it has a relaxing and therapeutic aroma.
Lavender essential oil is usually the first oil to be purchased by those who introduce themselves to the world of essential oils for the first time. If you are among them, know that it is a product that will change your life. Not all lavender essential oils are equally valid, so read carefully to find the one that’s right for you.
Here we had selected some of the best lavender essential oils that are listed below.
- Ethically Sourced & Cruelty-free: Majestic Pure products are made or packaged in the USA, cruelty-free, and not tested on animals.
- Calm Your Mind: Enjoy the rawness in the scent of this lavender oil that helps you activate each of your senses and gives you a...
- Versatile Uses: Lemon Oil is often used in skincare, hair care, and household DIY recipes.
- Great for Aromatherapy & Massage: Drop a few drops of this blend into your diffuser for aromatherapy. For topical application, mix...
- High Quality Oil with Glass Dropper: Delivered with a premium quality glass dropper for ease-of-use.
- Certified Organic Lavender Oil - Cliganic organic essential oils are proudly USDA organic certified to ensure ultimate quality and...
- 100% Pure, Single Ingredient Oil - Cliganic organic essential oils are a single-ingredient product. No synthetic additives, ever.
- Multipurpose Essential Oil – Cliganic essential oils are suitable for aromatherapy diffuser and have many other great uses and...
- 3rd Party Tested for Purity - Each batch is being tested for purity by a 3rd Party Independent Lab.
- Non-GMO Certified, Vegan & Cruelty-Free - Free from additives, Cliganic aromatherapy oils are proudly non-gmo project verified,...
- REFRESH YOUR MIND: Let our Lavender aromatherapy oil’s calming effects take you away from your daily routine and provide...
- RE-ENERGIZE YOUR BODY WITH A MASSAGE: Relieve the tension in your body with this therapeutic massage oil diffuser. Its calming...
- ITCH NO MORE: Lavender Essential Oil has a soothing scent and alleviating properties. It can be used to give your skin some relief...
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Happy mind, happy customers. We offer a satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our pure...
- [Deoderant] Mix up a 2% solution (12 drops per ounce) of lavender oil with water in a small spritzer spray bottle. Add a few drops...
- [Shampoo] Add a few drops of lavender oil to your shampoo bottle and stir or shake well, for fresher smelling hair and, a clean...
- [Shower] Run hot water in the shower, and sprinkle in a few drops of lavender on the floor or walls of the shower out of the...
- [Bath] Add 5 - 10 drops of lavender oil to your bath water as the water is running in, along with a little bath soap to help the...
- [Foot Bath] Soak your feet in a solution of 2% lavender oil and warm water. Add a few drops of botanic or castile soap to help the...
- CALMING AND RELAXING: Organic Lavender oil is ultra-versatile and loaded with benefits. That's probably why it's one the most...
- IDEAL FOR NATURAL SKIN CARE: Dilute 2-5% of Organic Lavender in a carrier oil of your choice. It can help with skin issues like...
- MOST VERSATILE OIL AVAILABLE: Can help produce a calm, peaceful, and tranquil environment, promote a peaceful sleep, great for...
- 100% PURE USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC LAVENDER OIL: Our Organic Lavender Oil is never standardized, meaning we do not adulterate our...
- BLENDS WELL WITH OTHER ESSENTIAL OILS: Such as Organic Bergamot, Organic Cedarwood, Organic Clary Sage, Organic Helichrysum,...
- Widely used for its calming and relaxing qualities
- Soothes occasional skin irritations
- Helps skin recover quickly
- Eases muscle tension in the head and neck
- LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL: This is a pure lavender oil; Lavandula augustifolia from Bulgaria; steam distilled; Therapeutic grade;...
- AROMA: Best sampled on a test strip or tissue to allow the aroma to breathe, evolve and open up; top note with a strong aroma, it...
- VERSATILE USES: Lavender Oil is perfect for use in diffusers. Lavender Oil is one of the few natural remedies for reducing signs...
- CAUTION : Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before...
- GREAT GIFT : This is a perfect gift for women and men. It does not contain alcohol, parabens, or sulfates. First botany skin care...
- 100% pure essential oil blend made from Ho Wood, Frankincense, Eucalyptus and Lavender
- Scent description: Warm, grounding and herbal
- This calming diffuser blend is best to diffuse as you settle in for the night
- Inspired by moonlit walks on desert paths
- Recommend 15 drops per use in a diffuser
- LAVENDER OIL: Now you can satisfy your senses with the soothing and floral smell of Lavender!
- ROLL-ON: Experience your favorite Essential Oils on-the-go, anytime!
- ADVANCED TESTING: Our formula is GC/MS tested to ensure purity, potency, and quality
- HORBAACH MANUFACTURERS: Laboratory Tested, Trusted Ingredients, Superior Quality, 100% Guaranteed!
- FREE OF: Parabens, SLS, Petroleum, Mineral Oil, Artificial Color, Preservatives & Non-GMO
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best lavender Essential Oils
You would like to become an expert on lavender essential oils, but you don’t know where to start, do you? Don’t worry: given the number of products on the market, it is normal for you to feel a little confused.
In this section, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about this type of product, also showing you the most common uses of lavender essential oil.
What Is a Lavender Essential Oil?
This is the result of the distillation of various lavender species, a typology of plants typical of the Mediterranean area: the oil can be colorless, green tending to yellow or yellow, with a delightful aroma and a slightly bitter taste.
Thanks to the multiple benefits, the lavender essential oil is considered the real king of essential oils.
Modern aromatherapy is said to have originated in the first half of the 20th century thanks to lavender oil when the French chemist René Maurice Gattefossé burned his arms badly.
To heal and heal his wounds, he tried to use lavender oil: the results were so surprising that the scientist dedicated his life to the study of essential oils.
How Is Lavender Essential Oil Produced?
The most used process in the production of lavender oil is known as water vapor distillation, which works in this way:
- Lavender is harvested, generally in July, August, and September.
- The plants are immersed in containers filled with water, then boiling the mixture to produce the steam from which the oil is extracted.
- The extraction of the oil is carried out through a cooler, which causes the compound to condense.
- In a jug or a Florentine vase, oil and water are separated. This processor occurs naturally because of the difference in density.
What Are Other Benefits Offered by Organic Lavender Oil?
When you start looking for the perfect lavender essential oil for you, you will notice that there are many products that say “organic” on the label or packaging.
There are also other names, such as “organic” or “ecological,” which usually refer to the same thing. These names indicate that no chemical fertilizers have been used in the cultivation of lavender.
Usually, organic essential oils are much more expensive than regular oils: this does not mean that a non-organic essential oil is not the right product.
This is an additional benefit for the environment that surrounds us as well as for the naturalness of the product itself. After all, the perfect product for you depends on your needs and priorities.
Is the Use of This Oil Recommended During Pregnancy?
Due to the high concentration, there is a list of essential oils not indicated for pregnancy and breastfeeding. In the case of lavender oil, this depends on the composition of the product: it is advisable to check the recommended dosage and application methods well with the help of your doctor.
If your doctor authorizes you to use it, two drops on the temples help relieve headaches, while two drops on the pillow and one on the wrists help fight insomnia.
Finally, if you suffer from anxiety during these two very particular periods of your life, it is highly recommended to breathe the aroma of the oil twice in a row: simply open the bottle.
Can Lavender Essential Oil Have Side Effects?
The recommended dose of lavender essential oil for an adult in good health is between 2 and 4 drops, two or three times a day. Even if it is an extremely safe product, it is always better to follow the directions on the package.
If the recommended amount is significantly exceeded, the following symptoms may be:
- Contact dermatitis
- Gastrointestinal problems, nausea, and vomiting
- Increased heart rate
If you experience any of these discomforts, you should definitely stop taking the essential oil and contact a specialist.
If you have reached this section, you already have the necessary knowledge for purchasing a good quality lavender essential oil, and you already know how to use it correctly.
However, there are many products available on the market, which may seem very similar and make a choice difficult. Don’t despair: thanks to the following purchase criteria, and you will find the perfect product for your needs.
Did you know that there are 60 different species of lavender? However, not all of them are used to produce oils: the most important thing you need to know about it is that the best essential oils come from the Lavandula Angustifolia species
. Also known as English Lavender, it is a flower with a delicate and sweet aroma, perfect for aromatherapy.
Another species widely used in the production of oils in the sink, or Lavandula Hybrida, with a much more durable and more harmonious smell, easily found in cosmetics, creams, shampoos, and soaps. The oil from this flower is cheaper because the less raw material is needed to produce it.
The purity of essential oils is directly related to effectiveness: a lavender oil that is not pure may have been distilled in poor quality crops, and harmful additives may have been added. Usually, 100% genuine products also report it on the packaging, but some indicators indicate the actual purity.
First of all, you must make sure that, in addition to the common name of the oil, the bottle also bears the Latin name of the plant used. If not, the product may contain added perfumes.
In addition, the purity of the oil is also reflected in the price, because you need to know that it takes more than 150 pounds of flowers to produce one pound of lavender oil (0.4535 kilos).
When looking for essential oil, great attention is paid to naturalness, safety, and efficacy; however, brand awareness is one of the factors that generate a lot of trust in the consumer.
This does not mean that you only have to buy products from a single brand, because there are many who, for example, specializes in the production of lavender oils and others that, on the other hand, in the production of coconut oil.
The important thing is to know the origin of the brand well, how long it has been on the market, and its impact on the environment; to find out if it is a serious brand, it is necessary to check whether the products are based on scientific studies with positive results.
One of the best ways to do this is also to consult the comments of users who have tried the product: take all the time you need to read them carefully.
The packaging of lavender essential oil also wants its part: the ideal would be a dark glass bottle, which better protects the oil from heat and ultraviolet rays, preserving its properties. Although plastic packaging holds the product well, it is not the best option for the environment.
Also, the bottle must have a stopper that completely isolates it from the air while it is closed. It would be better if the cap also included a dropper because lavender essential oil is a highly concentrated product, which must be carefully dosed to avoid any type of undesirable effect.