If you are looking for information on the lavender essential oil, perhaps it is because you know that it is a product capable of curing burns, promoting sleep, and nourishing the hair.
For more than 2,500 years, lavender has surprised even the most skeptical with its profoundly healing power. Equipped with antiseptic and anti-inflammatory abilities, it has a relaxing and therapeutic aroma.
Lavender essential oil is usually the first oil to be purchased by those who introduce themselves to the world of essential oils for the first time. If you are among them, know that it is a product that will change your life. Not all lavender essential oils are equally valid, so read carefully to find the one that’s right for you.
Here we had selected some of the best lavender essential oils that are listed below.
- 100% PURE & NATURAL LAVENDER OIL- Handcraft Blends oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All Handcraft Blends Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE W/ PREMIUM GLASS DROPPER - Our Lavender Essential Oil comes in an amber glass bottle to keep out UV rays and protect the oil against sunlight. We also provide a Glass Dropper so you can get the exact amount of oil you need without any waste.
- LAVENDER OIL BLENDS WELL WITH - Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clove, Clary Sage, Geranium, Helichrysum, Lemon, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood and Vetiver.
- BOTTLED IN THE USA – Handcraft Blends sources their oils from regions all over the world. Each oil, when brought to the USA goes through vigorous testing to prove its authenticity.
- Contains: 1 x 1 oz. glass bottle of 100% pure, steam-distilled Lavender Essential Oil by Sky Organics.
- 100% Pure and Undiluted Aromatherapy Essential Oil: Sky Organics Lavender Essential Oil is highly concentrated and contains zero fillers, additives, or synthetic ingredients. Always dilute essential oils in a carrier oil before applying topically.
- Soothing Floral Scent: Lavender Essential Oil’s refreshing floral aroma is perfect for soothing and balancing aromatherapy blends.
- Great for Diffusers & DIY Projects: Add Sky Organics Lavender Essential Oil to an aromatherapy diffuser to add a natural fragrance to your home or use it to make your own DIY products like aromatherapeutic massage, bath, and body oils, body butters, candles, pillow mists, and more!
- Responsibly Made: Our Lavender Essential Oil is responsibly sourced and 100% vegan and cruelty-free.
- THE BEST SMELLING & EFFECTIVE LAVENDER OIL - 100% natural and cruelty-free. Treat yourself to a large 4 oz bottle of quality lavender oil that’ll help refresh and cleanse the surrounding air with its soothing scent. If you don’t feel satisfied, contact us for a full refund.
- PREMIUM QUALITY GLASS DROPPER - Comes packaged with a dropper for ease of use.
- MULTIPURPOSE DIY - Best for aromatherapy, massage, skincare, diffusers, homemade blends, bath bombs, laundry, repellent sprays, and use in homes, offices, and gardens.
- AROMATHERAPY - It is ideal for relaxation, quality sleep, headaches, clear breathing, reducing anxiety, and household freshness. Enjoy our Radha Beauty Lavender Oil. Bring relaxation, wellness, and a sense of happiness to your day!
- PACKAGED IN THE US - Our cobalt blue bottles provide superior ultraviolet light protection and ensures that our 100% natural lavender oil sourced from France will be in quality form from start to end.
- REFRESH YOUR MIND: It’s hard to stay away from the stress from our daily routine. Let Lavender aromatherapy oil’s calming effects give you at least a few minutes of relaxation and inner peace.
- OBLITERATE THE STINK: No matter how hard we clean, a strong smell is hard to get rid of. Lavender Oil has a delightful floral, yet clean and refreshing scent. Diffusing it in the room will purify the scent in the area and freshen up the air.
- RE-ENERGIZE YOUR BODY WITH A MASSAGE: Relieve the tension in your body with this therapeutic massage oil diffuser. Its calming and pain-relieving properties help any release tension in the body.
- ITCH NO MORE: Lavender Essential Oil has a soothing scent and anti-inflammatory properties. It can be used to give your skin some relief from itch and inflammation.
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEE: Healthy mind, happy customers. We offer 100% satisfaction guarantee. If you are unsatisfied with our pure Lavender oil let us know and we will give you a FULL refund.
- Majestic Pure Lavender Oil; blend of two (2) pure lavender oil; Lavandula angustifolia from Bulgaria and Lavandula hybrida from France; steam distilled; Therapeutic grade; Packaged in USA
- Aroma: Best sampled on a test strip or tissue to allow the aroma to breathe, evolve and open up; top note with a strong aroma, it has a rich floral scent that is somewhat fruitier, mellower and less camphoraceous; Lavender oil is known to be helpful in soothing the mind and body when used in aromatherapy
- Safety Warning: For external use only. Other than aromatherapy, dilute with a carrier oil. For topical use, rub a very small amount on the inside of your elbow area to test for any allergic reaction before use, discontinue if irritation occurs; Avoid contact with eyes, keep out of the reach of children. If pregnant, consult with your health care provider before use
- Majestic Pure lavender essential oil offers fresh fragrance that blends well with almost any other essence; the aroma becomes more flowery when it evolves
- Delivered with a premium quality glass dropper for ease-of-use
- PREMIUM QUALITY AROMATHERAPY ESSENTIAL OIL: 100% Pure and Natural Lavender Oil; Steam Distilled; Great for Aromatherapy and Relaxation. Sweet therapeutic fragrance that freshens your mind and soothes your soul. Improves mood, cures sinusitis, sore muscles, Acne, fatigue, Eczema and Insomnia.
- 100% PURE & NATURAL LAVENDER OIL- NaturoBliss oils are exactly that!! Many oils being sold online make that claim but are in fact made of natural isolates and mixtures. Each essential oil is tested by an independent lab for its constituents which is why every bottle comes with a Quality Guaranty.
- PREMIUM THERAPEUTIC GRADE & PREMIUM QUALITY – All NaturoBliss Essential Oils are tested by an independent lab to test the efficacy of each oil. Each oil is tested for its constituents as well as to have no fillers, additives and to be undiluted.
- HIGH QUALITY GLASS BOTTLE PLUS FREE GLASS DROPPER: The Oil is shipped in high quality glass infused with a UV colored coating to protect essential oils against sunlight and degradation. It also comes with a free premium quality glass dropper for ease-of-use for just a few drops of oil at a time.
- NATURAL ESSENCE - AMAZING BENFITS OF LAVENDER OIL: Lavender Oil has a relaxing aroma. Also, it reduces stress & depression, eases headaches and insomnia, and is most effective for skin care. LAVENDER OIL BLENDS WELL WITH - Bergamot, Cedarwood, Clove, Clary Sage, Geranium, Helichrysum, Lemon, Neroli, Patchouli, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood and Vetiver.
- 【Natural Sleep Aid】Enjoy our essential oil blends for mood support and anxiety relief and say hello to better sleep and relaxation. Calm your mind and body with a sleep essential oil blend that works
- 【Stress Relief】Our stress relief essential oil formula contains mood enhancing scented oils perfect for yoga, meditation, relaxing or sleeping. You’ll love its soothing properties and fragrant aroma
- 【Lavender Essential Oil】Lavender oil is renowned for its aromatherapy benefits which can help restlessness, provide natural anxiety relief, improve mood, and enhance sleep onset, quality and duration
- 【Essential Oil Diffuser】Forget pills and supplements when you can simply breath in the benefits of our diffuser oils. You can enjoy our essential oils just about anywhere you can take a diffuser
- 【Aromatherapy Oils】Embrace the power of nature with aromatherapy essential oils for your sleep troubles and anxiety relief. Our blend includes chamomile and sage to minimize stress without chemicals
- Ingredients: 100% pure lavender oil
- Aroma: Floral
- Attributes: Soothing, normalizing, balancing
- Head Ease Blend: Add 3 drops each of lavender oil, peppermint oil and chamomile oil to a diffuser and enjoy.
- Extraction Method: Steam Distilled from flowering tops.
- ALL-AROUND FANTASTIC ESSENTIAL OIL: Lavender oil is ultra-versatile and loaded with benefits. That's probably why it's one the most popular and widely used essential oils. Diffuse a few drops at night to create a warm, calm atmosphere that is perfect for sleeping and relaxation.
- 100% PURE LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA: Dilute 2-5% of Lavender in a carrier oil of your choice. It can help with skin issues like fine lines, wrinkles, and chapped lips. Create a natural hair tonic using Pure Lavender to stimulate hair growth and battle itchy dandruff.
- BATCH SPECIFIC GC-MS REPORTS ON EVERY OIL: Every bottle of oil from Plant Therapy goes through multiple rounds of testing including organoleptic testing and multiple rounds of GC-MS testing by several third-party laboratories.
- HIGH-QUALITY AFFORDABLE ESSENTIAL OILS: At Plant Therapy our goal is to positively impact the lives of as many people as we possibly can, by selling such a high quality product at an affordable price. Be confident knowing you are purchasing quality oils at direct-to-consumer prices.
- CERTIFIED AROMATHERAPISTS ON STAFF: Our customers are our #1 priority and we’d love for you to join the Plant Therapy Family. Our Certified Aromatherapists are happy to help you with all of your Essential Oil questions. We want you to be confident and satisfied with your purchase. We are currently updating our packaging, so you may receive either of the labels pictured in the images.
Buyer Guide to Choose the Best lavender Essential Oils
You would like to become an expert on lavender essential oils, but you don’t know where to start, do you? Don’t worry: given the number of products on the market, it is normal for you to feel a little confused.
In this section, we will answer the most frequently asked questions about this type of product, also showing you the most common uses of lavender essential oil.
What Is a Lavender Essential Oil?
This is the result of the distillation of various lavender species, a typology of plants typical of the Mediterranean area: the oil can be colorless, green tending to yellow or yellow, with a delightful aroma and a slightly bitter taste.
Thanks to the multiple benefits, the lavender essential oil is considered the real king of essential oils.
Modern aromatherapy is said to have originated in the first half of the 20th century thanks to lavender oil when the French chemist René Maurice Gattefossé burned his arms badly.
To heal and heal his wounds, he tried to use lavender oil: the results were so surprising that the scientist dedicated his life to the study of essential oils.
How Is Lavender Essential Oil Produced?
The most used process in the production of lavender oil is known as water vapor distillation, which works in this way:
- Lavender is harvested, generally in July, August, and September.
- The plants are immersed in containers filled with water, then boiling the mixture to produce the steam from which the oil is extracted.
- The extraction of the oil is carried out through a cooler, which causes the compound to condense.
- In a jug or a Florentine vase, oil and water are separated. This processor occurs naturally because of the difference in density.
What Are Other Benefits Offered by Organic Lavender Oil?
When you start looking for the perfect lavender essential oil for you, you will notice that there are many products that say “organic” on the label or packaging.
There are also other names, such as “organic” or “ecological,” which usually refer to the same thing. These names indicate that no chemical fertilizers have been used in the cultivation of lavender.
Usually, organic essential oils are much more expensive than regular oils: this does not mean that a non-organic essential oil is not the right product.
This is an additional benefit for the environment that surrounds us as well as for the naturalness of the product itself. After all, the perfect product for you depends on your needs and priorities.
Is the Use of This Oil Recommended During Pregnancy?
Due to the high concentration, there is a list of essential oils not indicated for pregnancy and breastfeeding. In the case of lavender oil, this depends on the composition of the product: it is advisable to check the recommended dosage and application methods well with the help of your doctor.
If your doctor authorizes you to use it, two drops on the temples help relieve headaches, while two drops on the pillow and one on the wrists help fight insomnia.
Finally, if you suffer from anxiety during these two very particular periods of your life, it is highly recommended to breathe the aroma of the oil twice in a row: simply open the bottle.
Can Lavender Essential Oil Have Side Effects?
The recommended dose of lavender essential oil for an adult in good health is between 2 and 4 drops, two or three times a day. Even if it is an extremely safe product, it is always better to follow the directions on the package.
If the recommended amount is significantly exceeded, the following symptoms may be:
- Contact dermatitis
- Gastrointestinal problems, nausea, and vomiting
- Increased heart rate
If you experience any of these discomforts, you should definitely stop taking the essential oil and contact a specialist.
If you have reached this section, you already have the necessary knowledge for purchasing a good quality lavender essential oil, and you already know how to use it correctly.
However, there are many products available on the market, which may seem very similar and make a choice difficult. Don’t despair: thanks to the following purchase criteria, and you will find the perfect product for your needs.
Did you know that there are 60 different species of lavender? However, not all of them are used to produce oils: the most important thing you need to know about it is that the best essential oils come from the Lavandula Angustifolia species
. Also known as English Lavender, it is a flower with a delicate and sweet aroma, perfect for aromatherapy.
Another species widely used in the production of oils in the sink, or Lavandula Hybrida, with a much more durable and more harmonious smell, easily found in cosmetics, creams, shampoos, and soaps. The oil from this flower is cheaper because the less raw material is needed to produce it.
The purity of essential oils is directly related to effectiveness: a lavender oil that is not pure may have been distilled in poor quality crops, and harmful additives may have been added. Usually, 100% genuine products also report it on the packaging, but some indicators indicate the actual purity.
First of all, you must make sure that, in addition to the common name of the oil, the bottle also bears the Latin name of the plant used. If not, the product may contain added perfumes.
In addition, the purity of the oil is also reflected in the price, because you need to know that it takes more than 150 pounds of flowers to produce one pound of lavender oil (0.4535 kilos).
When looking for essential oil, great attention is paid to naturalness, safety, and efficacy; however, brand awareness is one of the factors that generate a lot of trust in the consumer.
This does not mean that you only have to buy products from a single brand, because there are many who, for example, specializes in the production of lavender oils and others that, on the other hand, in the production of coconut oil.
The important thing is to know the origin of the brand well, how long it has been on the market, and its impact on the environment; to find out if it is a serious brand, it is necessary to check whether the products are based on scientific studies with positive results.
One of the best ways to do this is also to consult the comments of users who have tried the product: take all the time you need to read them carefully.
The packaging of lavender essential oil also wants its part: the ideal would be a dark glass bottle, which better protects the oil from heat and ultraviolet rays, preserving its properties. Although plastic packaging holds the product well, it is not the best option for the environment.
Also, the bottle must have a stopper that completely isolates it from the air while it is closed. It would be better if the cap also included a dropper because lavender essential oil is a highly concentrated product, which must be carefully dosed to avoid any type of undesirable effect.