Loudspeakers are a purchase to be carefully evaluated: they can enhance or mortify the quality of your sound source, which today multiplies in many forms: classic stereo system, TV, smartphone, tablet, computer, video projectors.
You cannot choose speakers without knowing the characteristics of the device you want to connect to, and how you can join.
In this guide, we have privileged, fairly classic models of dimensions suitable for any home space, while in other pages of this site, we dedicate ourselves to more specific purposes. Here we will be listing the top 11 best loudspeakers.
- 700 WATT POWER: Portable high powered 2 way full range audio projection loudspeaker PA system has a power output of 700 watt MAX /...
- 8” SUBWOOFERS PLUS 1” TWEETERS: This active plus passive PA speaker kit is equipped with pro audio woofers & high performance...
- WIRELESS BLUETOOTH: PA Speaker supports bluetooth for wireless audio streaming and works with devices like Smartphones, Tablets,...
- EXTERNAL AUDIO INPUTS: USB flash drive and SD card readers for MP3 audio file playback 3.5mm AUX input, 1/4" SpeakOn Input, XLR...
- EQ CONFIGURATION: Heavy duty PA system also features a digital LCD display and rear panel rotary dial / button control center to...
- ONE OF THE BEST-SELLING FLOOR STANDING SPEAKERS, this tower speaker includes a 1" Dynamic Balance dome tweeter and (3) 5-1/4"...
- INCREDIBLE SOUND AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. Enjoy clear, crisp and spacious stereo sound with wider dispersion for 3-dimensional and...
- DELIVERS DETAILED HIGH FREQUENCY RESPONSE WITH REALISTIC REPRODUCTION OF VOCALS & INSTRUMENTS. Powerful deep bass, better...
- CREATE A COMPLETE AND IMMERSIVE HOME THEATER SETUP by adding a Polk CS2 Center Speaker & Polk Monitor 40 or 30 Surrounds. Monitor...
- Polk's UNWAVERING COMMITMENT, RELIABILITY, AND CRAFTSMANSHIP has made it one of the most trusted names in home audio speakers and...
- The reviews speak for themselves!.Waterproof : No
- The only true studio monitor for multimedia, gaming, watching movies, or producing your next hit.
- Now comes included with Studio One Prime and Studio Magic plug-in suite, over $1000 USD worth of music production software.
- 3.5-inch woven composite drivers produce a more powerful bass response with a more accurate overall sound.
- 1" ultra-low-mass silk-dome tweeters eliminate harshness and provide balanced high-frequency sound.
- Briggs, G.A. (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 92 Pages - 01/05/2018 (Publication Date) - Audio Amateur, Incorporated (Publisher)
- TrueSonic Power - 2000W active PA speaker with 8-inch Low-Frequency driver and a 1.4-inch High-Frequency driver for superb...
- Alto App - Compatible with iOS and Android for remote configuration and control over Bluetooth levels, Speaker Use modes, Sub Size...
- Powerful Bluetooth Features - Including streaming directly from your laptop, phone, or tablet and True Stereo Wireless speaker...
- 4 Speaker Use Modes - The DJ speakers include Custom EQ via the Alto App so you can get the best sound for every application
- Plug and Play Mixer - Integrated 3-channel mixer with dual XLR ¼-inch combo inputs, mic/line switches, and independent level...
- Custom-designed 15-inch woofer
- 2414H compression driver
- Redesigned high-frequency horn
- Power: 1,300W Peak / 650 RMS
- Frequency response: 45Hz - 20kHz (-10) - 55Hz - 20kHz (-3)
- Model: GH15L-Pair
- Contents: Pair of 15 Inch DJ Loudspeaker Cabinets
- Condition: New
- Active / Passive: Passive
- Power Rating: 400 Watts RMS; 800 Watts Peak each
- 10 Watt multi-tap transformer for 100V or 70V distributed speaker lines
- 8 Ohm direct setting
- Included wall-mounting bracket
- Professional drivers and network
- Portable voice amplifier is a life saver on your voice and throat!Speaker gives off a clear and crisp sound,no noise and no...
- Microphone and speaker compact size (7.087 x 5.669 x 2.205 inches) and light weight (11.36 ounces). Voice Amplification System...
- Portable Loudspeaker built in rechargeable lithium polymer battery. Continously working time is up to 6 to 8 hours. You can use...
- Voice amplifier supports MP3 audio playing and TF (Micro SD) card playing & USB flash driver playing. Can repeat single tune, loop...
- Portable speaker provides a sound system for meeting,teaching, training,outdoor activities like wedding,Yoga classroom even for...
- LOUD AND POWERFUL – Croove’s mighty megaphone bullhorn boasts 30 watts of sound, that’s coverage of up to 800 yards! Never...
- MULTIPURPOSE BULLHORN SPEAKER - Our bullhorn is great for cheerleaders, teachers, directors, lifeguards, event organizers, law...
- PORTABLE - Easily packable with its lightweight design, foldable handle and convenient carrying strap, this 6” wide blow horn...
- EASY TO USE - Simply pop the base of the device to add 4 ’D’ batteries and push the slider to adjust the volume. Three buttons...
- BUILT IN SOUNDS - Blast the siren to alert the crowd to an issue or play the iconic Ole Ole Ole song to get everyone hyped before...
Best Loudspeakers Buying Guide
Loudspeakers are how an electrical signal is transformed into a sound wave.
The sound quality depends mainly on the speakers. Still, if the source it comes from is of bad quality, that is, in the case of a digital source, the quality of the format in which the sound was compressed.
Secondly, the quality of the playback instrument (from the smartphone to the stereo, passing through TV and PC), then the speakers cannot do anything.
In this guide to choosing the best loudspeaker, we analyze the fundamental elements that determine its quality, always remembering that the speaker is the one that your ear considers such. It takes ear, but not only.
To choose which speakers to buy, it is advisable to do a practical test: in specialized shops, they should usually allow a comparison between the different models.
If instead, you have chosen the Net, as a place to buy, you will have the opportunity to test the product at home, in your spaces and with the background sounds of your daily life, and of course, you can decide whether to confirm your choice or proceed with the return.
As we have anticipated, the speakers translate (transduction is the technical term) an electrical signal into an acoustic one.
This signal is measured in Hertz (Hz): the human ear is more or less able to perceive from 20 to 20,000 Hz, where 20 is the lowest sound and 20,000 the highest.
A single speaker cannot cover the entire range, so at least two speakers are usually used. The speakers divide the frequencies, and for this, we speak of two-way or three-way systems.
Two-way does not mean two speakers: the ways indicate the splitting of the signal. If the message is divided into two forms, it means that there will be one channel for low sounds and one for high notes, which theoretically can be conveyed by well over two speakers.
When you read the purchase recommendations, you will find the term woofer, which is used to transmit low sounds, tweeters for high frequencies, and midrange for common ones.
In two-way systems, midrange sounds are borne by the woofer.
There are systems made up of two speakers to which is added a third element to be placed on the ground, and perhaps hidden: the subwoofer.
This element can also be added later if the product requires it.
Two-way speakers are the most common, and three-way systems do not necessarily correspond to better sound diffusion.
Dimensions and Power
Similarly, it is not a mathematician that larger speakers make sounds better, not even the lowest ones, although there are precise physical limits.
Also, the speakers can be active or passive. Passive, to emit a sound, must be connected to an amplifier. The current ones are already amplified and often equipped with autonomous batteries.
In the case of passive speakers, the speakers and amplifiers must be compatible; otherwise, however efficient your speakers are, the result will be disastrous.
A common mistake when wondering which speakers to buy is to focus on best power supply. The passive speakers do not have an autonomous power, in case they must support that of your amplifier. The amplifier can be integrated into the source or be an independent object, chosen and purchased by you.
The power of the amplifier and that supported by the speakers is measured in watts, and the two values must be compatible.
A power of 100 watts is more than enough for a room of around 20 square meters.
For speakers, efficiency is more important. Not in a generic sense: efficiency, also called sensitivity, calculates the acoustic pressure, measured in decibel (dB).
We give values: between 85 and 90 dB, we can speak of average efficiency, but they are always abstract values that must pass the test of your ear.
Impedance: What Is It?
Another technical term that you come across when asking how to choose a good speaker is impedance.
Technically, it is a measure that allows you to understand the ease with which alternating current passes through an electrical circuit. What does this have to do with the speakers? First of all, it is necessary to verify that the impedance value tolerated by the speakers is compatible with that of the amplifier.
The value declared by the producers often hovers around 8 Ohms, but the most precise specify a variation between 4 and 8 Ohms.
If you go down (mind you: you go down) below the minimum load values, the speaker may be damaged.
In this case, more than ever, it is the ear that you will have to trust. Pay attention to the most intense and most famous passages of the music you like and check that they sound as you would expect. This is the best way to understand if your amplifier communicates well with the chosen speakers.
When consulting reviews and opinions, however, it is good to know the basic vocabulary and the original specifications, to then move on to the market of the best loudspeakers of 2020.
In addition to music, are you also passionate about video games? Then, you could look at some of the best PS4 controller charging bases by clicking on the link.