One of the painful notes for many people about to leave: packing. Everyone is looking forward to going on vacation, but many hate having to prepare baggage, which becomes even more problematic if you don’t have a suitcase yet and you have to go and buy it.
To all this must be added the not negligible aspect of having to respect the weight and dimensions imposed by many airlines (about 15-20 kg and about 160 cm adding height, width, and depth), after which you pay, and not a little.
The problem, even before having to pack, is which one to choose and how to find your way among the tide of available solutions: soft, rigid, semi-rigid, trolley, backpacks, bags, etc.
Some of the best Luggage’s are listed below.
- Carry-on Upright: 22" x 13" x 9" (with wheels)
- 28-inch Upright: 28" x 17" x 12"
- Lightweight yet extremely durable ABS material
- Multi-directional double spinner wheels
- Sturdy ergonomic aluminum telescoping handle
- 21" SPINNER LUGGAGE maximizes your packing power and meets most carry-on size restrictions for those traveling domestically and looking to stay light
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This bag comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- PACKING Dimensions: 20.25" x 14.0" x 8.0", OVERALL Dimensions: 23.0" x 14.2" x 11.0", Weight: 7.1 lbs.
- WETPAK Zippered compartment which allows you to separately pack damp or soiled items
- FOUR, MULTI-DIRECTIONAL OVERSIZED DUAL SPINNER WHEELS for effortless mobility, re-engineered lightweight
- 8-wheel multi-directional spinners for effortless handling
- Expands an additional 2 inches
- Main compartment interior features several zippered organization pockets elastic shoe pockets and a garment restraint panel
- Ergonomically designed retractable trolley handle
- Sleek and stylish exterior with corner guard reinforcements helps protect your bag from damage
- A half pound lighter than maxlite 4, this ultra lightweight 21 inch spinner meets carry on size restrictions for most domestic airlines. H20 Guard protects the interior lining from moisture
- 4 wheel spinners rotate 360 degree for a smooth roll. Lightweight, sturdy PowerScope handle stops at 38 inch and 42.5 inch features a patented contour grip with rubberized touch points for easy maneuvering. Unique bottom tray design increases durability
- Expands up to 2 inch to maximize packing capacity. Features low profile top, side and bottom carry handles, two exterior compartments, full length interior lid pocket, side accessory pocket and adjustable hold down straps for packing convenience
- Limited Lifetime Coverage plus trusted companion promise, which covers the cost of repair for damage from airline or other common carrier for 1 year
- Interior dimension: 21 inches x 14 inches x 9 inches Exterior dimension: 23 inches x 14.5 inches x 9 inches; Volume : 46 liter
- Griffiths, Lloyd (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 232 Pages - 08/17/2021 (Publication Date) - Hardie Grant (Publisher)
- Wide mouth main compartment opening
- Mesh organization dividers with zippered pockets opening
- Oversized external pocket with internal zippered mesh pocket
- Physical characteristics: Color: Black, Height:29", width: 16", Depth: 13", Weight: 10.60lb.
- Interior neoprene lining
- 2 PIECE SET contains: 20" Carry On (meets most carry-on size restrictions for those traveling domestically and looking to stay light) and 25" Spinner (maximize your packing power and the ideal checked bag for longer trips)
- 10 YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: Samsonite products are rigorously tested to ensure our products meet stringent standards. This set comes with a 10-year warranty against defects in materials and workmanship.
- ULTRA LIGHTWEIGHT and DURABLE 680D Polyester construction, keeping cases beautiful trip after trip
- FOUR MULTI-DIRECTIONAL Spinner wheels for easy mobility, rolls upright so there is no weight on your arm or shoulder
- PADDED TOP and SIDE Carry handles provide comfort when lifting a fully packed case, quick stash front zipper pocket
- Premium hardside spinner luggage for weekend getaways or international carry-on; built-In TSA lock
- Protective hard shell made of supremely durable, yet flexible, polycarbonate material (instead of ABS like the original); choice of stylish color
- Fully lined interior with divider; compression pad helps free up space; 150D-polyester interior organizer with 3 zippered pockets for securing smaller items
- Expandable for up to 15% additional packing capacity; solid, strong zippers; sturdy telescoping handle; securely mounted short handle
- Size: 30 * 23 mm/1.18*0.90 inch,Small size and can be carried with you.（Please note: The size of this lock is not very large, please purchase it carefully according to your needs.）
- Durable material: Small Padlock is made of copper and AbS, Corrosion resistance and rustproof.
- Package Include: 6 pieces of padlocks in 6 colors, Rose red, red, orange, yellow, blue and black, color code identifies different suitcase.
- Security: Each lock has two corresponding keys that can protect your valuables security.
- Wide Application: The small padlock is a best lock tool for daily life, widely used for suitcases, backpack, bag, luggage, diary, ,toolboxes, door, drawer, cabinet, etc.
- Warranty：Two Years Warranty. Please note that ONLY FAMILY SET has 4 pcs, please ignore the product’s title and select the set you want.
- 3 piece luggage set 20 inch,24 inch,28 inch upright, can be stored one into another.100% ABS, Lightweight yet extremely durable abs material.
- Spinner wheels, multidirectional smooth and silent 360°wheels. Upgrade With TSA-Accepted Lock for security and peace of mind.
- Sturdy ergonomic aluminum telescoping handle
- Interior mesh zip pocket and elasticated,Squared full-capacity design
Things to Consider Before Choosing Luggage’s
In this buying guide, we will explain in detail all the main features to consider before purchasing a suitcase set, which normally consists of 3 bags of different sizes.
Two of these can be brought into the cabin, while the larger one must necessarily be embarked as its dimensions exceed those allowed on board.
Just the dimensions are among the most important factors to evaluate before choosing a suitcase set because these also depend on other aspects such as the handling and the amount of clothing or other objects that you can carry with you on the road.
Suitcase Size Set
What is important to consider is that, if you want to travel by plane, there are limitations for the dimensions and weight of the trolley both by hand and to be loaded.
In general, the measurements of a suitcase are always expressed indicating height, width, and depth (in centimeters), while the capacity is expressed in liters.
The latter is the one that most gives a concrete idea of the actual available space. Even the weight of the suitcase itself must be carefully evaluated, because the more it will be contained, the more you can allocate the remaining weight to clothes and other objects that you want to carry with you.
In the particular case of hand luggage, therefore of the two smaller pieces of the set, the dimensions usually cannot be greater than 55 x 40 x 20 cm and the weight cannot exceed 10 kg.
For suitcases that can be loaded the maximum limits of size and weight are much more variable and flexible, but in general, the allowed weight is around 20 kg.
This factor refers to the differentiation relative to the materials existing in the suitcase sets currently on the market. These are therefore divided into two categories: rigid and soft.
Each of these types has unique characteristics and has advantages and disadvantages, which will clearly depend on your travel needs and the use you want to make of the set.
Below we will see in more detail the two types, identifying their strengths and weaknesses based on robustness, frequency of movement and space requirements.
Set of Rigid Suitcases
Hard bags are made of hard plastic materials, the most common of which is definitely abs. These materials are so robust that they are also used as coatings for cars and greenhouses.
In addition to being very resistant, the rigid materials allow protecting the contents of the suitcase from any other external agent, such as rain and, in general, humidity.
This type of suitcase will not be easily ruined due to wear and tear or frequent travel, so it is the best choice if you want very long-lasting trolleys, which will accompany you on your travels for many years to come.
The only drawback that can occur during travel is that the suitcases are scratched, for this reason, the best models have Opaque or streaked surface, to hide any signs of knocks or falls. In most cases, rigid bags have integrated closures with key, padlocks or combinations of various types.
The main disadvantage of this category of luggage sets is that being very hard, it does not give way to allow you to fill the trolley to its maximum capacity, unlike soft luggage.
In addition, this type hardly ever has external pockets and the organization of the external space also makes use of fewer compartments and pockets compared to soft bags.
Set of Soft Suitcases
This category of suitcases is made of soft, usually synthetic fabrics such as polyester and nylon. This type of coating allows above all a greater variety of shades and patterns, but the main advantage of this type, compared to rigid trolleys, is undoubtedly the lower weight and the possibility of giving in and deforming slightly to insert some more clothes or objects.
Another strong point is also the presence of numerous external and internal pockets, very comfortable for storing documents or other small items.
The disadvantage of this type of coating is, as can be easily understood, that it is not as robust as rigid materials and consequently makes luggageless long-lasting and resistant.
Due to numerous displacements, shocks, humidity, and other atmospheric agents, there is a risk of the outer fabric being torn, punctured or deformed. In addition, soft luggage does not normally have integrated locking systems, so to protect its contents it will be necessary to use an external padlock, sometimes down included.
Considering that the suitcases are items used for traveling, the factor relating to transportability is very important to evaluate, in particular, because it influences their ease of use and the simplicity of moving and lifting.
The two essential elements that make the transport of luggage easier and more practical are undoubtedly the wheels and the handles. In the next two paragraphs, we will analyze these two characteristics in detail.
since these are the elements that make a trolley such (the term indicates a suitcase that can be dragged thanks to wheels), they will always be present in each model.
Cases set wheels however, what varies is the number and type of movement they are able to perform. The suitcases that have 4 wheels, for example, guarantee a much more fluid and simple transport than those with only 2 wheels.
In addition, the best models also use multidirectional wheels with 360 ° freedom of movement which allow you to both tow and push them horizontally.
This feature is particularly convenient and useful when, as often happens on the road, you are in a hurry and you have to move in environments with many obstacles, such as elevators and escalators.
The most sophisticated trolleys have particularly silent wheels that do not produce the typical noise during their transport.
the handling of luggage also depends on the quality and the number of handles that are present. The best models are equipped with two handles, one top and one side, which allow for easy lifting and gripping.
The rigid trolleys have handles in plastic or other hard materials, while the soft models make use of handles in fabric. Another element that must absolutely be present in a set of suitcases is the tow handle, also called telescopic, which must be Extendableand made of robust materials such as steel.
These two characteristics are essential for carrying suitcases without having to bend over each time and without running the risk of damaging the handle itself, especially if the luggage is very heavy.
This factor refers to the level of security of the contents of the baggage in the set, especially the larger hold. For this purpose, there may be several closure systems that protect the items stored in the trolley. Below is a short list of all types of closures that you can find in your luggage:
- Traditional External Padlock: some sets of suitcases already have a small padlock, together with two unique keys to open it. If it is not included, it will always be possible to purchase one separately since all the trolleys are equipped with a zip;
- Combination Lock: this integrated security system allows you to set a personal three or four digits combination that blocks the opening of the trolley to anyone who does not know the combination;
- TSA System: this is the indispensable padlock for traveling in the united states, where very strict security checks are carried out which often require airport staff to force the luggage locks to analyze their contents. The TSA system prevents the suitcases from being damaged since all security personnel has a universal key that can open them without causing damage.
The security systems just described are certainly not a fundamental requirement for choosing a suitcase set, since many users do not feel the need to adopt any type of additional closure.
They are, however, a further guarantee of tranquility and comfort for those who make very long or frequent trips and for those who intend to transport valuables.
5. Internal Organization
The last factor to consider refers to the internal division of the trolley, thanks to the presence of compartments and pockets.
A optimal space management is essential to make the most of the available volume and to organize the articles in the most logical and intuitive way possible. As just mentioned, the pockets are very useful elements to divide and organize the contents of the suitcases.
They can be of different types and placed in different parts of the luggage. Some trolleys, almost always soft, have external pockets, very convenient for storing documents or other items that it might be useful to keep handy when traveling.
Other trolleys, both soft and rigid, have internal pockets dedicated to specific objects. These can be positioned on one side of the trolley, or they can be presented as small cases for storing objects of very small dimensions. Finally, some models have side zips to ensure that the internal volume can be increased.
Internal Organization Suitcase Set
the presence of spaces also makes the management of the available space more logical and orderly. The interior of the luggage can consist of a single compartment or two separate compartments by a more or less rigid divider.
The type with two compartments is preferable to the first because it allows you to divide the contents of the suitcase in a more functional way and to find the objects you need more easily and quickly.
Having two separate compartments can also be very useful if you want to share the use of baggage with another person
The Advice of An Expert
given the wide variety of options for suitcases, a good idea for those who are beginners and have to travel is to go to a specialized shop and get advice from an expert.
This is because there is no ideal suitcase per se, but there is a suitcase suited to the needs of the traveler, depending on the destination, the content to be transported and of course the means of transport chosen.
Travel item retailers should be able to assess their personal needs and propose the perfect solution. However, you can of course also take a look online and decide for yourself what to buy, saving a lot.
Before the Purchase
when you go to a specialized shop, before proceeding with the purchase it would be good, a bit like you do in a shoe store, to try the suitcase, perhaps by taking a walk and towing it to test its stability, in addition to checking the resistance of the internal lining, all the various locking systems, etc.
If you buy online, remember that you always have the opportunity to exercise the right of withdrawal, so after the suitcase arrives at home, if you don’t like it, you can return it for free and all the money is returned.