The processing of wood and metal inevitably also passes through a tool that allows you to make perfect cuts, or a miter saw, available in different sizes, sizes and prices depending on the models.
To better understand what the features to take into account are, we have created this buying guide that will help you choose for the best, highlighting the aspects that a miter saw must necessarily have.
Here we had selected the best miter saws for you that are present below.
SaleRANK NO. 1
DEWALT 12-Inch Miter Saw, 15-Amp, Single Bevel, Compound (DWS715),Black
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate of 12-inch miter saw blade comes with 14 positive stops
- The mitre saw features the precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence of DEWALT miter saw supports 5-1/2-inch base vertically
- Bevels 0 degree - 48degree to the left and 0 degree- 3degree to the right. Tool height-15 inch
- 2-inch x 8-inch dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90 degree and 2-inch x 6-inch dimensional lumber at 45 degree
SaleRANK NO. 2
DEWALT Miter Saw, 12 Inch Double Bevel Sliding Compound, Stainless Steel Detent...
- Stainless steel miter detent plate of the 12-inch miter saw blade comes with 10 positive stops
- The mitre saw has a precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Precise miter system and machined base fence support Cam-lock miter handle with detent override delivers quick and accurate miter...
- Tall sliding fences support 6-3/4-inch base vertically
- Bevels 0 degree - 48degree left and right
SaleRANK NO. 3
Metabo HPT | Compound Miter Saw | 10-Inch | Single Bevel | 15-Amp Motor | 0-52°...
- MOTOR: 15 Amp motor delivers high power for the toughest of cuts generating a no-load speed of up to 5,000 RPM
- LIGHTWEIGHT: Only 24.2 lbs. to facilitate maneuverability and portability
- MITER ANGLE RANGE: 0-52 degrees, to the right and left for increased flexibility
- BEVEL RANGE: 0-45 degrees, to the left with adjustable bevel stops for precision cuts
- LARGE TABLE: Offers better material support with vice clamping system to secure work piece
SaleRANK NO. 4
DEWALT Miter Saw, 12 Inch, 15 Amp, 3,800 RPM, Double Bevel Capacity, With...
- Integrated CUTLINE Blade Positioning System provides adjustment free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility for...
- XPS technology uses an LED to project light down either side of the blade, creating a shadow on the cutline once the saw arm is...
- Super-efficient dust collection system of DEWALT miter saw captures over 75% of dust generated
- Tall sliding fences support crown molding up to 7-1/2-inch nested and base molding up to 6-3/4-inch vertically against the fence...
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x14 dimensional lumber at 90 degree and 2x10 at 45 degree
SaleRANK NO. 5
RYOBI 7-1/4 in. Miter Saw 9 AMP. Light Weight With Blade
- Powerful 9 Amp motor boasts 5,100 RPM for heavy duty cutting
- Up to 2 in. X 4 in. cutting capacities and 4-1/4 in. cross cut capacity
- Miter stops located at the most common angles: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, and 45° left and right for quick cut settings
- Extended miter range from 47° left and right for a wide variety of cuts
- This item is removed from retail packaging for shipping purposes (Bulk Packaged, No Retail Packaging) and will arrive in a generic...
RANK NO. 6
Skil 10" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw - MS6305-00
- POWERFUL 15 AMP MOTOR - Delivers 4,800 RPM for quick, detailed cuts
- DUAL BEVEL – Perform cuts in four positive stop positions at 48° & 45° left, 0°, and 45° right
- LED SHADOW LINE - Provides high precision cuts with greater accuracy than lasers
- 2x12 CUTTING CAPACITY – Cross cuts lumber up to 2x12 at 90 degrees, and 2x8 lumber at 45 degrees
- CUTS AT COMMON ANGLES - Cuts up to 50 degrees left and right with 11 positive stops at most used angles
RANK NO. 7
CRAFTSMAN Mitre Saw, 12-Inch Saw & Clamping Box (CMHT20600)
- ACCURACY: The hand miter saw has cam-shaped pins twist and lock with honeycomb base to secure work for accurate cuts
- MULTIPLE CUT ANGLES: Cuts mitres on 45-degree and 90-degree angles and face angles on 45 degree and 22.5 degree for octagonal...
- Extended lip on base holds mitre box in place while cutting and a built-in saw stop helps prevent cutting into mitre box
- CONVENIENT STORAGE: Molded-in storage bins to hold cam pins and pencil
SaleRANK NO. 8
BOSCH GCM12SD 15 Amp 12 Inch Corded Dual-Bevel Sliding Glide Miter Saw with 60...
- AXIAL GLIDE SYSTEM: patented glide system allows wider cross cuts and better alignment while also being compact, saving you 12...
- CAPACITY: expanded cutting capacity, 14 inch horizontal capacity nominal 6 1/2 inch vertical capacity against the fence base 6 1/2...
- ADJUSTABLE: provides easy adjustments with a large, easy-to-read uniform bevel and stainless steel miter scales with marked...
- PRECISION: square lock quick release fences lock fence 90 degree to the table and requires no adjustment, 1 touch lock/unlock to...
- EASE OF USE: upfront bevel controls all metal bevel lock lever and range selector located upfront for quick and easy bevel...
RANK NO. 9
DEWALT 20V MAX 7-1/4-Inch Miter Saw, Tool Only, Cordless (DCS361B)
- Integrated cut line cross-cut positioning system provides adjustment-free cut line indication for better accuracy and visibility
- Capacity to cup 3 5/8 in. nested crown and 3 1/2 in. base vertically
- Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 11 positive stops improves productivity and ensures cutting accuracy
- Oversized bevel scale makes bevel angle adjustments accurate and easy
- Compact, lightweight design (30 lbs.) allows for easy transport and storage
RANK NO. 10
Olympia Tools Saw Storage Mitre Box with 14-Inch Backsaw with 90 degree, 45...
- PERFECT FOR WOODWORK: This woodwork tool set is the perfect pack for helping you to complete your wood work craft projects. Use...
- MULTIPLE ANGLES: Using this miter box set for woodworking, you can cut lengths of wood at either 90-degree, 45-degree, and...
- SAW INCLUDED: So you can get straight to work on any woodwork projects, you will also receive a 14" hand saw with this mitre. Of...
- SPECS: Overall, this miter box measures 11" x 5" x 3.4" and is made using ABS. The saw measures 17.7" x 3.7" x 1.2" .
- DURABLE DESIGN: Made using rugged ABS, this miter box and steel saw set will see you woodworking for years to come with the proper...
SaleRANK NO. 11
DEWALT Miter Saw, Single Bevel, Compound, 10-Inch, 15-Amp (DWS713)
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate of the 10-inch miter saw blade comes with 14 positive stops
- The mitre saw has a precise miter system and machined base fence support
- Tall sliding fence of DEWALT miter saw supports 4-1/4-inch base vertically
- Bevels 0 degree - 48degree to the left and 0 degree- 3degree to the right
- 2-inch x 6-inch dimensional lumber cross cut capacity at 90 degree and 2-inch x 4-inch dimensional lumber at 45 degree
SaleRANK NO. 12
DEWALT Miter Saw, 12-Inch, Double Bevel, Compound, XPS Cutline, 15-Amp...
- Stainless-steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops delivers repeatable accuracy and worksite durability for the 12-inch...
- Tall sliding fences of the mitre saw support crown molding up to 6-5/8-inch nested and base molding up to 6-1/2-inch vertically...
- Double-bevel design of DEWALT miter saw allows saw to bevel 0 degree - 48 degree to the left and right with positive stops at 0...
- 0 degree - 50 degree left and right miter capacity
- Cam lock miter handle with detent override delivers quick and accurate miter angles.
Things to Consider Before Buying Miter Saws
Depth of Cut
The structure of the tool rotates around the disc, whose rotation is indispensable to allow a high precision cut and whose vertical movement is managed using a knob that will enable them to bring the rotating blade closer to the piece to be cut.
The blade is always protected so as to prevent it from coming into contact with fingers and hands during rotation, avoiding any type of accident. The depth of the cut is directly proportional to the size of the disc.
The best brands of professional saws are able to accommodate blades with larger diameters and therefore allow deeper cuts. Those designed for hobby use, on the other hand, guarantee lower cutting capacity and precision.
However, by comparing the sales prices, you will notice how the non-professional models are much cheaper and can still ensure good results in your personal ranking of the equipment of a tool of this type.
You cannot ignore its ability to rotate the axis, so you can vary the inclination of the cut because you will not always simply cut off an axis perpendicularly. In this way, you will have an extremely versatile tool, which can be exploited in an ever-increasing number of ways.
Various Types of Blade
As said, the blades are the heart of this kind of tool. Therefore their choice is one of the other aspects to be kept in the utmost consideration. The discs have average excellent durability and are suitable for use with both wood and softer steel and some aluminum alloys. Using them to cut harder materials, on the other hand, could cause overheating and premature wear.
In general, circular blades have hard metal teeth welded on a steel body, which must be perfectly linear so as to ensure cuts free from imperfections and irregularities.
Power and Revolutions per Minute
The miter saws on sale on the market, and in particular those of which we offer our reviews, have engines capable of releasing different levels of power and number of revolutions per minute: better not to drop below 1,100 watts and 4,800 rpm. Of course, a lot also depends on the type of work you do most often.
To ensure the effectiveness of the miter saw, always try to work in a clean environment and, once the cuts are finished, and the machine is turned off, carefully remove the processing waste and clean the shelf and the teeth of the blade.
Ideal for Diy
The main limitation of the universal miter saw, in fact, is given by the lack of the traction system, which allows you to move the blade back and forth, and the depth block for cutting.
This type of performance is usually only standard in professional equipment; if your needs are restricted to a purely amateur environment and you do not foresee an intensive use of the material.
You can easily do without spending a high amount and instead buy this cutting-off machine, which is also perfect for cutting wood, plastics, and non-ferrous metals. The buyers, in fact, recommend it above all because its performance is ideal for working with elements such as skirting boards, frames, frames, architraves, and profiles.
Especially those in aluminum, with a view to small home renovations and in the creation of handcrafted works on small scales, such as aluminum frames, support for canvases, wooden shelves, fences for the garden, and so on.
In addition to being of excellent workmanship, reliable and robust, this miter saw has a power of 1,100 watts and a maximum speed of 4,800 rpm and is capable of making perpendicular, inclined, and angled cuts with extreme precision, thanks to the integrated laser guide.
Its cutting capacity varies from 50 x 76 millimeters up to 50 x 100 millimeters, depending on the inclination of the blade, and also has an integrated system for dust extraction, with the collection bag included, the attachment of which is compatible with the most common vacuums.
How to Use a Miter Saw
Those who work with iron or wood and above all prefer to obtain the pieces they need for size and cutting angle themselves, cannot do without a miter saw. Attention because such a machine must be bought according to the material you are working with. For this reason, there are saws for wood and iron.
Professional or Amateur
Among the parameters to consider, there is the power, but it is also one of those characteristics that affect the cost. Now, a professional will necessarily need a powerful machine that does not require breaks to avoid overheating.
The hobbyist, however, can also settle for a cheaper and consequently less powerful device. However, materials must always be taken into account. For example, albeit occasionally, we try very hardwood. In this case, it is better to focus on a miter saw that does not go under stress.
Stationary or Portable
Another dilemma to be solved is that between a stationary and a portable miter saw. Both have advantages, but it all depends on the needs of those who will have to work on it.
It is clear that if you are working outside the workshop, it is better to choose a portable model. A stationary miter saw, however, takes up less space but in our opinion, it is the best solution if you always work in the same place.
The Movement of The Head
We speak of the movement of the head, obviously not yours, We refer to that of the machine. A stationary miter saw features the head that only moves vertically, going up and down.
The adjustable angle miter saws, on the other hand, can tilt up to 45 °, both on the right and on the left. But the complete range of cuts can only be offered by a radial miter saw. Such a machine allows many combinations.
However, you must pay close attention: if the choice falls on a radial model, it is good to spend something more, but be sure that it is reliable. It happens, in fact, that the full range of movements penalizes the precision of the cut: this speech, of course, applies to those machines of low value.
The Right Blade
When you buy a miter saw, of course, you will also find the blade in the package. Generally, it is a tool intended for rough cuts, and given the few teeth, it can boast. For this reason, if the need is to make more accurate cuts, it is necessary to mount a blade with several teeth. The ideal would be to always have three or four edges available to deal with any eventuality.