For those who love DIY, it is vital to use useful and handy tools. Dremel, with all its variations, offers the possibility of combining the excellence of a professional work tool with the versatility offered from a large number of accessories available.
The Dremel brand takes as a model the professional tools used in the mechanical industry, to create a product that replicates its characteristics and efficiency, while presenting a smaller size.
It is a mini-drill ending in a spindle, which rotates at high speed, with a function, in fact, complementary to that of professional industrial tools (large dimensions, lower operating speed in favour of a higher torque).
Here we had selected some of the best dremels for you.
- 30% MORE RUNTIME: With 30% improved runtime versus the 7300, the Dremel 7350 is ready to go wherever you need it.
- EASY TO HANDLE: Smooth 12,000 RPM single-speed for precise control, making light-duty DIY & home-crafting projects easy.
- IMPROVED BATTERY LIFE WITH EASY CHARGING: Features rechargeable 4V lithium-ion battery with convenient micro USB charger ensures...
- CORDLESS & PORTABLE: Lightweight and compact, freedom for you to take anywhere
- KIT INCLUDES: Cordless 4V Rotary Tool, 84922 - 3/16" Silicon Carbide Grinding Stone (x1), 407 - 1/2" 60 Grit Sanding Band (x1),...
- Versatile rotary tool kit: Includes 4000 corded rotary tool, 2 attachments, 30 high-quality Dremel accessories, plastic storage...
- High performance motor – Provides maximum power and performance at all speeds
- Variable speed (5,000 – 35,000 RPM) and electronic feedback circuitry for consistent performance even in the most demanding...
- Innovated air flow system- Ventilation mechanism helps prevent heat build-up for smoother, cooler, and quieter operation
- Slim and ergonomic body – 360-degree grip zone for added comfort and grip during extended use
- Corded Variable Speed Rotary Tool Kit: Includes 3000 high-speed rotary tool, 24 genuine Dremel accessories, Dremel A576...
- Speed range of 5,000 to 35,000 RPM with 6 variable speeds, provides precise tool control and maximum accessory versatility.
- High performance 1.2 amp motor – Provides maximum power and performance at all speeds.
- Slim & ergonomic body with soft grip allows for added comfort and control during extended use.
- 24 versatile accessories included; ideal for cutting, engraving, grinding, sharpening, detail polishing and sanding. Great for a...
- Large LED Display Screen - The LED speed light will illuminate from 1 to 6 according to the chosen speed. The speed may be...
- 6 Variable Speed Quick Heat Dissipation - HANDSTAR rotary tool kit can achieve 6-speed adjustment...
- With 180pcs Accessories Inclueded- HANDSTAR toolbox contains 180 accessories which is very suitable for activities such as...
- With Flex Shaft - HANDSTAR Rotary toolbox also contains the 1m flex shaft, not only allows you to work at hard-to-reach angles to...
- Whether it's a gift for the holidays or your own homework, our HANDSTAR Rotary tool can be your first choice. Our rotary tool can...
- Premium rotary tool kit - Includes 4300 high performance rotary tool, 5 attachments, 40 high-quality Dremel accessories, and...
- High performance motor – Our most powerful motor delivers maximum performance even in the most demanding applications.
- Variable speed - 5,000 – 35,000 RPM with electronic feedback for consistent performance and accurate tool control
- Universal 3-jaw chuck - Allows the use of all Dremel accessory shank sizes making it compatible with the entire line of our...
- Pivot light - Rotates to illuminate your projects even in difficult to reach spaces
- Multipurpose rotary tool – From woodworking, carpentry, car care to jewelry making and more; Not recommended for cutting,...
- The versatile 7760 Lite is the diyer’s go-to solution for light duty DIY and crafting projects. Includes 10 accessories to kick...
- Quick accessory changes – With the patented EZ Twist Nose Cap, accessory changes are easy and done without the need of a wrench....
- Variable speed - Seamlessly adjust to the ideal speed from 8,000 to 25,000 for optimal control & maneuverability
- Easy battery charging - The rechargeable 4V Li-ion battery & convenient USB charger ensures that it’s ready whenever you are,...
- ★ Quick Change Drill Chuck - Come with 3 Jaw Universal Chuck applying better stability on your projects, allows you to quickly...
- ★ 140pcs Attachment & Accessory - Flexible Shaft holds like a pen for your precise projects. Cover Shield provide better...
- ★ Variable Speed & Compact - Variable speed dial is easy to use. The Variable Speed Adjustment Knob showing 5 Step Speeds from...
- ★ High-Performance Craft Tool - Perfect for sanding, polishing, cutting, shaping, drilling, deburring, grinding, cleaning,...
- ★ Amazing Gift for DIY Enthusiasts - Packed in a solid carrying case. It’s more solid, falling resistant and moisture-proof....
- VERSATILE TOOL FOR CRAFT PROJECTS: Perfect for glass etching, leather burnishing, jewelry making, polishing, woodworking and more
- WOOD CARVING DETAIL: Use your creativity to create amazing woodcarving projects. Perfect for general & detailed woodworking...
- SLIM SIZE: Slim size allows you to get closer to your workpiece and provides maximum control in precision etching, engraving,...
- COMFORTABLE GRIP: Narrow profile and sleek, lightweight design allow for extended work sessions
- VARIABLE SPEED: The rotary tool has a variable speed from 5,000 – 22,000 RPM for optimal speed control in a variety of different...
Everything You Need to Know About Dremels
How Does the Dremel Drill Work?
Dremel tool with the introduction of a wide range of interchangeable accessories, the Dremel multifunction kit can be used for the most varied manual jobs and guarantees the possibility of use for processing the most diverse types of materials.
You can use a Dremel tool on wood, metal, glass, electronics, plastic, and many other materials thanks to the possibility offered by the replacement of the heads, there is no material that the Dremel mini drill is not able to treat!
To allow easier use of the product, the various accessories have been catalogued about their function, according to a system organized by colours. The available applications are:
- Carving, engraving and milling (turquoise)
- Sanding and Sharpening (green)
- Cleaning and Polishing (yellow)
- A cutting (purple)
- Sanding (grey)
- Drilling (pliers, pins and various accessories)
Each category, in turn, includes several heads, which allow a greater or lesser degree of precision in the processing. The mounting system of an accessory is based on the use of a unique key, which on some occasions also acts as a screwdriver.
With the key, it is possible to unscrew the tightening ring nut, which can be removed more easily by blocking the rotation of the shaft with a special button.
Then proceed with the screwing of the self-locking spindle and, when the jaws begin to close, the shank of the new accessory is inserted inside the spindle itself.
Dremel recently offered a new methodology dedicated to multifunction mini-drills that allows a faster change of accessory: Dremel EZ SpeedClic (or EZ Twist). With this system, it is possible to replace the addition with three simple moves: pulling, clicking and turning.
It is sufficient to unscrew the front cap to extract the accessory that is being used, then replace it with the one needed to continue the work and screw the cap back on. The rotation of the addition is automatically blocked when the Dremel drill is turned off.
To compensate for the missing functions in each multi-tool kit, Dremel offers some accessory complements. These are easy and immediate assembly tools that can be combined with the Dremel mini drill to reach difficult points (for example, the case of the right angle complement or flexible shaft.
Ideal for working in areas that are difficult to reach), to give life to milling and sharpening operations, to cut and saw more precisely various types of materials (in the case of masonry tiles, for example, a guide for cutting and shaping them is available), or to ensure better control of the instrument.
In this case, for example, supports are provided that allow you to work on a fixed base, very useful in the case of engraving work, which requires high precision and a steady hand.
Things to Consider Before Buying
Mot all dremels have the same dimensions; in fact, they can be found more or less large depending on the power and the work they have to do. Choose what you find most comfortable to use, the important thing is that it can perform the task for which the purchase.
In my opinion, a smaller Dremel is better, as long as it has good power and manages to reach a high number of revolutions. Still, usually, these models could also be more expensive.
The flexible for many people is a fundamental accessory in a Dremel since through it it is possible to access even the most hidden points were to sand, puncture, cut etc. The flexible allows to mount all the tools as it has a spindle in the tip, but is mounted on a flexible cable, allows easy access almost anywhere.
Tool Kit Supplied
The Dremel itself is essential, but the tool kit is crucial to do quality work and to be able to use the Dremel in the most versatile way possible. Depending on the Dremel and the kit is chosen, the price may vary considerably.
A basic kit will have a lower price than a kit containing hundreds of interchangeable tools, tools that you will not always use, so look for a gear where there are all the tools you will use most.
If you want you can buy a Dremel separately and separately the tool kit, for example for work on wood, iron and so on depending on the need.
A Dremel must necessarily be adjustable in speed. Some models allow you to set the number of revolutions of the electric motor on a few preset settings, others that instead have a wheel that can be adjusted from left to right at will to increase or decrease the number of revolutions of the electric motor.
We recommend these latest models as the spindle rotation speed will be completely customizable according to the work to be carried out. Consider that a Dremel can even reach 40,000 rpm, so it is necessary to use a much lower speed for certain jobs.
When choosing the best Dremel, it must be ensured that the handle is ergonomic, in this way it can be manoeuvred more easily and a much more precise job can be obtained.
The continuous rotation of the spindle, especially at high revolutions and during the abrasion phases, with an ergonomic handle will make the hand tireless because of the vibrations and movements that are made.
A Dremel should never be too heavy, and it must be easily transportable and manoeuvrable, also if it must be used for works where so much precision is required, too high a weight could prevent operations.
Tips and Tricks
Dremel multifunction mini drill to obtain the maximum possible performance from any Dremel instrument on the market, it is necessary to find the best combination between rotation speed and accessory used: the highest quality results are obtained keeping a less aggressive rhythm but characterized by a higher frequency.
Depending on the type of intervention to be carried out, it is essential to pay attention to the handle. Generally, for almost all models, the presence of the rubber grip allows greater adherence to the hand and consequently greater precision in the processing.
However, it may be useful to know the best way to hold the instrument according to the type of wash to be carried out: in the case of horizontal drilling, it is recommended to use it with one hand only, with a tennis-style palm.
If, on the other hand, you want to proceed with sanding and sanding, activities that require greater stability, the best method is to hold the tool with both hands, preferably placing one at the top and one at the bottom, to obtain a better grip.
Finally, for finishing operations such as engraving and Polishing, for which high precision is required, the pencil handle is adequate, which allows greater control of the tool.