In that way as a mattress, the right pillow is the best guarantee of restful sleep. If you usually wake up with shoulder, neck, or back pain, maybe the time has come to change your pillow. To rest correctly, the head, neck, and spine must be well aligned.
A right pillow does precisely that, corrects posture, and aligns the parts. Its goal is to achieve an adequate position to relax the muscles and promote rest.
But do you know how to choose the best pillow? Which one best suits your posture and how you sleep? Don’t worry. Fortunately, we can help you with your choice.
Here we had selected the best pillows for you that’s listed below. All of these are comfortable.
- SUPER PLUSH MATERIAL – The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are crafted in super plush gel fiber that puts all other standard pillows to shame! They are expertly tailored to ensure maximum comfort for any and all sleeping positions.
- NO-SHIFT CONSTRUCTION – With their no-shift construction, our pillows are a fantastic place to rest your head. They’re stylish, luxurious, and incredibly comfortable. You’ll fall asleep fast, and stay asleep!
- DUST MITE, MOLD & MILDEW RESISTANT– Our pillows are dust mite, mold, and mildew resistant! Additionally, they are completely allergen and chemical free. They are the perfect choice for those suffering from asthma, allergies, and other respiratory issues.
- FADE RESISTANT & STAIN RESISTANT – The Beckham Luxury Linens Gel-Filled Fiber Pillows are fade resistant and stain resistant, so you’ll never have to worry! Our pillows are machine washable, and will always feel and look like new!
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED – We are so confident in the quality of our product that we offer a 30-day satisfaction guarantee! If you are unsatisfied, simply contact us to return the product for a full refund.
- FINALLY – YOU HAVE FOUND THE ONE! – Meet the world’s best adjustable pillow. Customize it to achieve just the right individual balance between support and comfort. Whether you are a side, back or stomach sleeper – this is the pillow for you! Get ready for the most restful sleep you can experience.
- FULLY ADJUSTABLE, YOU ARE IN CONTROL – Experiencing pain, snoring or tossing and turning are all signs of sleeping wrong. Our unique adjustable design allows you to access the memory foam fill, which you can add or remove to suit your size, shape or sleep position. SLEEP RIGHT! - Foam fill, which you can add or remove to suit your size, shape, and sleep position. Sleep comfortably and aligned at last.
- IS YOUR PILLOW GREEN GUARD GOLD CERTIFIED? – Our Coop Home Goods Premium Adjustable Loft Pillows undergo strict, third-party lab testing and are CertiPUR-US and GREENGUARD Gold certified to ensure safety and quality. No toxic or harmful chemicals here! IT`S 100% SAFE FOR YOU AND YOUR LOVED ONES. Vegan & Cruelty Free – no animals were harmed in the making of this awesome pillow.
- WE CARE – ONLY THE HIGHEST QUALITY MATERIALS USED! - The case is made with proprietary Lulltra fabric, a blend of bamboo-derived viscose rayon and polyester that provides breathability and softness. Hypoallergenic & dust mite resistant, you can finally wake up refreshed. Unlike other pillows – we freshly manufacture our foam instead of using repurposed materials. A bonus ½ lb bag of fill is included with your order if you need a higher loft.
- YOUR BEST SLEEP EVER, GUARANTEED - You can now purchase with confidence. If you don’t fall in love within 100 nights (although we’re sure you will), contact us directly to return the pillow for a full refund, no questions asked. Each Coop Home Goods Original Adjustable Loft Pillow also comes with a 5-year warranty. MADE IN USA.
- Scientific ergonomic pillow. With about 156 3D pillows, by balancing the head, neck and shoulder support, the three-point curve forms a wonderful support that protects your cervical spine, promoting and extending your sleep time.
- Germany imports fillers. 30% 2.5D high quality fiber + 70% 7D high quality fiber.Gold proportions, the most suitable filler for Americans
- 5 seconds fast rebound, the fiber contains trace molecules, which will produce a special fluffy effect. Long-term use remains supportive
- Machine washable, easy to care, after 100 wash experiments, the filling remains fluffy
- BE ASSURED TO BUY: These vacuum packed queen pillows measure 20 x 30 inches, allow at least 24 hours for them to fluff up completely. Each pillow also comes with 1 year to protect your pillows against manufacturer defects.
- 🌥Cloud-Like Soft - Pillow is made with ultra-plush down alternative filling, mimicking the feel of real goose down. Our pillow provides a perfect balance of comfort and support to keep your spine aligned to improve sleep quality.
- 🌿Import Organic Cotton - Our pillow encased in soft, smooth, luxurious organic Sateen Cotton. This high-thread-count cotton pillow cover is treated with an application to protect the pillow. The soft, breathable sateen cover wicks moisture and lets you sleep cool, provides a comfortable sleep experience throughout the night.
- 🛏️Hypoallegenic - Finally, you can wake up refreshed. COZSINOOR Pillow is made with import down alternative hollow fiberfill, allow air to circulate naturally within the pillow, makes it air slow rebound. Provide you the fluffy and cloud-like feeling. This pillow maintains the neck and head between the natural curve without causing pressure on the neck, helps to reduce neck pain and alleviate shoulder stiffness.
- 👶Skin Friendly & Easy to Care- The pillow is all natural without. It is machine washable and always stay fluffy! Hope you and your family enjoy it！
- 👌Your Pillows – The ideal balance between soft comfort and steady support.
- [1-Pack Queen Size Pillow] Unmatched Support - Crafted with 80% shredded memory foam and 20% Polyester Fiber. This type of memory foam technology allows for a much more sensual and personal night of sleep. It gives users the ability to sleep for a prolonged period of time and not have to worry about aches and pains. The memory foam provides support for the neck, shoulders, back, and head.
- Adjust Your Comfort Level - Removable filling allows users to feel a more custom and unique sleeping experience. Just take out as much foam filling as you wish and enjoy a softer pillow. This is a unique and customizable style of pillow for any type of sleeper. Whether you prefer soft or firm pillows, this pillow is for you.
- Cool, Calm, Comfortable - The pillow is made of a premium fabric to guarantee that your pillow stays cool and breathable throughout the night. The pillow cover is specially made with 40% Viscose Rayon (from Bamboo) and 60% Polyester, so you can lay your head down at night knowing you will fall asleep. The soft material and memory foam will mold to your body and will allow you to stay cool during the night.
- Hypoallergenic - This specially designed pillow is hypoallergenic which provides users with a high-quality and safe night of sleep! Never fear of creepy crawlies eating away at your pillow. Both the zipper cover and pillow itself are machine washable which make cleaning easy.
- Warranty - 1 Year Warranty! We offer a one year warranty to protect against any defects.
- [Full Support for Head and Neck] - Based on ergonomic design, this bed pillow provides the firm support needed to keep the neck in line, it moves with you as you sleep so there is never a time when you are left hanging. You don’t need to wake up to fluff and repostion the shredded memory foam pillow. This helps align the spine, which can reduce pain and pressure points in these areas.
- [ADJUST THE PILLOW to FIT YOU] - Unlike traditional support pillows, Qutool sleeping pillow features a zippered inner and outer cover, you can ADD or REMOVE foam filling to find the perfect comfort level and enjoy a personalized sleep experience. Great for side, back, stomach and pregnant sleepers. It is thick and firm, and won’t flatten as you shift throughout the night.
- [BEST COOLING GEL PILLOW] - Qutool bed pillow uses premium shredded foam allows the pillow to let air through every area, and is infused temperature regulating cooling gel particles into the foam to alleviate excessive heat build-up, so no heat is captured during the night. The high air flow also keeps moisture out for a healthier sleeping atmosphere.
- [LUXURIOUS BAMBOO COVER] - The skin-friendly soft cover is made of 60% polyester 40% bamboo fiber rayon. For people with allergies it is the smartest fabric available. This eco-friendly material can increase breathability and ventilation, and naturally wicks moisture away from the skin, resists odor, and provides a cooler sleeping experience than cotton. Queen size: 20 in x 30 in
- [NEVER FLAT & 5 YEARS WARRANTY] - It is thick and firm, and won’t flatten as you shift throughout the night. We are very confident about the quality of our pillow. We pride 90 days satisfaction guarantee and 5 year warranty. If for any reason you are not satisfied, please contact us.
- HIGH QUALITY: Made of 100% ultra-plush down alternative polyester filling; 800 GSM Filling makes pillow extremely fluffy, which are ideal choice for side and back sleepers.
- HYPOALLERGENIC & SKIN-FRIENDLY: 90 GSM brushed microfiber washed cover provides luxury comfy plush feeling and a comfortable sleep experience throughout the night. Each pillow is finished with well stitching and reinforced seams.
- NO-SHIFT CONSTRUCTION: Made with great softness. The no-shift construction provides the perfect comfort for the head and neck.
- EASY HOME CARE: Our Pillows are machine washable with tumble dry low. Please do not iron or dry clean.
- PERFECT SIZE: These standard pillows measure 20 x 30 inches. Both pillows are vacuum packed for shipping. Please leave 24 hours for the pillow to get to full thickness before using it.
- Our pillow is made of 90% polyester(hyperfine feather fabric + high quality elastic cotton) 10% soybean fibre
- Super soft & comfortable, fade-resistant & stain-resistant, relief For Migraine & Neck Pain
- Pillow size: 16*24 inch; 4-6 inch high. Suitable for any sleeping positions like side or back or stomach sleepers
- Easy to clean, machine wash with cold water and gentle cycle, tumble dry on low temperature
- Comfortable & supportive pillows will help to offer you a high quality sleeping, which bring energy and good mood in the whole day.
Buying Guide to Select the Best Pillows
If you think the pillow is any bed accessory, you’re wrong. If you have sleep problems, back or neck pain, a simple change of pad may be the solution you are looking for. It is not recommended to make the decision lightly, and that is why we have created this buying guide to help you.
What Exactly Is the Pillow?
The term pillow defines a soft accessory on which the headrests when we sleep. The pad is placed on the mattress and is usually “covered” in coordination with the rest of the bed linen. Its purpose is to keep the spine straight by filling the neck concavity to relax the neck and avoid muscle tension.
The use of an adequate pillow helps to reduce the stress accumulated during the day and facilitates the phase of falling asleep. Today there are many types of pillows, with shapes and materials of all kinds.
What Is Viscoelastic?
Viscoelastic protection or viscoelastic padding – which we all know with Memory Foam – is a material developed by NASA with innovative properties that relieve the pressure that the tissues exert on the body. Today it is used in the textile sector, the one dedicated to rest and the automotive one.
It is used in hospitals for the production of prostheses and adaptable mattresses and pillows. This type of material is ideal for facilitating the rest of people with lumbar or cervical disorders, as it relieves pressure on the neck, back, and extremities, adapting to the natural contour of the body.
Which Material Should I Choose?
Memory foam pillows are the ones that have the most important in the current market. They are, together with those in latex, those that best fit the contour of the neck.
Latex ones have the big problem of allergies and, if you don’t take proper care of them, they can become a center of bacteria and fungi, which is why they are problematic.
If you are allergic, it is better to choose a viscoelastic or synthetic fiber, since both feather and latex can cause serious problems. If you have cervical issues, choose a material such as memory foam or gel, which offers better support and adequate density to allow rest.
Which Type of Pillow Is Most Suitable for Me?
In the same way as mattresses, the best pillow for someone else is not necessarily right for you. Everything will depend on your sleep needs.
When buying a pillow, don’t get carried away by brands or comments from other consumers. There are many excellent cushions, and among them, you should find the best one for you.
To help you choose the pillow that best suits your sleep needs, we have prepared a list of the most appropriate for each position:
- If You Sleep on The Side: a thick pillow is recommended. You will make the neck stay more straight, in line with the spine. If the neck is not straight with your back, you will have to face neck problems and muscle pain in the long run.
- If You Sleep on Your Stomach: Ideally, choose a soft, thin, and flexible pillow. In this position, the neck will not need so much height to keep the column axis-aligned. However, this is not a highly recommended position, as it forces cervical rotation.
- If You Sleep on Your Stomach: in this case, you need a medium-thick pillow. The neck should be slightly raised to maintain alignment with the back, although not as much as when sleeping on one side.
How Do I Know Which Cushion Height Is Right for Me?
Until recently, the pillow sizes were all standard based on the width of the bed. Subsequently, they have attributed the characteristics of soft or hard and little else.
There was a tendency to mix aesthetic and ergonomic factors. At present, specific anatomical criteria have been established that help to choose better.
To choose the size of the pillow, you must take into account three criteria: the constitution of your shoulders, the posture of when you sleep, and the hardness you want or need.
One way to find out the right size for you is by lying on a skinny pillow and adding towels until you find the correct position. When you find it, measure the height, and you will have your ideal measurements.
Every when Does the Pillow Need to Be Changed?
A well-kept pillow can last up to five years. However, this will depend on the quality and its materials. It will also depend on how much you take care of them and whether you have protective linings or not.
That said, the idea is to change the pillow every two years or so. And it is very likely that, after this time, the pad is now irreversibly deformed or that the mites are impossible to eliminate.
Of course, if you notice that it is not as comfortable as at the beginning, even if less time has passed, we advise you to change it.
How Do You Use a Cervical Pillow?
Cervical pillows are the best option for people who often suffer from neck or back problems. To start noticing their beneficial effects, they must be used correctly. To do this, you should rest your head entirely on the pillow, always trying to relax your shoulders on the mattress.
The ideal is that both the head and neck and shoulders are perfectly aligned and adopt a natural posture to avoid injuries and ailments. Unlike other pillows, cervicals require sleeping on your back to be efficient.
Pillows are an essential element to ensure the best possible rest. Today, thanks to advances in science, you will find many models and types of pillows on the market, just like we told you in the sections above.
Now we want to recommend some purchase criteria that you should consider before making the purchase of your pillow:
- Single or double
The material will largely determine the type of pillow, and also it’s quality and adaptation to your needs. As we have said several times, nowadays memory foam pillows are the best selling on the market because they are comfortable and resistant, they adapt perfectly to the contours of the neck, relieving pain and stress.
If you prefer more traditional materials, you can choose a feather, natural or synthetic fiber cushion. The latter is the best for people with allergies and is also the cheapest. Finally, if you like the soft touch and high strength, latex is an excellent option, even if they are the most expensive pillows.
As we have already explained in the article, the correct size of a pillow goes beyond that of your bed. In the past, the available quantities were limited.
Still, today there are different types, selectable according to your body’s needs and your postural needs since it is not the same to sleep in a fetal position compared to your stomach.
Some cushions have an adjustable height, using interchangeable internal parts. These are ideal for people with neck and back problems. Although they are a bit more expensive, if you are a person who often changes positions, you should opt for one of these.
We have also talked about this aspect previously. The position you sleep in will directly affect the type of pillow you need.
For example, if you usually sleep on your stomach, it is better to choose one of the feathers, since this type is often much thinner and more adaptable. On the other hand, if you sleep on your back, it is better to choose a cervical or gel pillow.
Most of the pillows have a traditional design. Some are taller, wider, or longer, depending on their size. However, there are models with unique therapeutic configurations that are suitable for people with postural problems or neck pain. If this is your case, choose according to your needs.
To choose a design, you should also consider your position when you sleep. You cannot take the first that happens to you; the shape must adapt to your style and preferences. The best pillow is the one that allows you to keep a straight line between the neck and the spine.
The pillowcase is an element that you cannot forget. Most cushions incorporate a washable one. Memory foam cushions have a protective cover to be washed periodically. These covers are usually made of natural fibers such as aloe vera or bamboo. Make sure they are interchangeable and washable.
When choosing a pillow, you should always look at the material with which it is covered. This should be hypoallergenic and anti-mite. This factor is especially crucial if you have asthma or have some type of dust allergy.
Single or Double
If you sleep alone, even if it is in a large bed, the answer is straightforward, since you will not have problems with your partner’s movements when resting.
The problem with shared (or double) pillows is that they prevent you from choosing your preferred material according to your needs or the way you sleep.
Furthermore, if one of the “sleepers” tends to move during the night, it is more than likely to annoy the other. Therefore, the current trend is that everyone has their pillow so that each member of the couple can choose the most suitable one according to their specific needs.